HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Development Camp

Old
07-05-2012, 05:12 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

vCash: 500
Tanner Richard Post-Practice

Slater Koekkoek interview

Observations from Day 2 of Tampa Bay’s prospect development camp

Old
07-06-2012, 03:36 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

https://twitter.com/erlendssontrib
Quote:
For those heading to #tblightning camp on Saturday, Andrey Vasilevskiy won't be there, told he's set to head back to Russia by next week

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:54 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Mother ****er. Hes the main guy I wanted to watch play. BRISEBOIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:45 PM
CC321

I went to the dev. camp today. A few notes.

It's hard for anyone to stand out during drills, but Witkowski seemed to have the hardest slapshot judging by the sound. Czarnik appears more accurate with his shots than the other players, he doesn't miss often. 6'8" Sustr can skate well and handles the puck better than most forwards, sign him already before he gets away.

The 3 on 3 tourny, Koekkoek was the best player there today. He's fast, hustled every shift, created turnovers through 2nd effort, crunched a few guys into the boards, passed well. Namestnikov is quick, handles the puck well, looks around to know where everyone is instead of just focusing on the puck like most players do. Czarnik is likely the quickest, most skilled player there, very short though. Bradley made some really nice tape to tape passes in traffic, but he doesn't seem very good at defending yet. Brown did a good job of harassing the puck carrier and got some hard shots on net. Paquette created a few turnovers via poke check. There was much more going on, but it's hard to notice everything.

CC321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:05 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=637422
Quote:
During Day 1 of the Development Camp 3-on-3 tournament, a handful of skaters including Matthew Peca, Danick Gauthier, JT Brown, Andrej Sustr, Nikita Nesterov and Philip-Michael Devos led the pack with two goals apiece, while Sustr came out on top among all players in the points department, recording four on the day.
Quote:
...first-round pick Andrey Vasilevskiy, who performed well in net and led all goaltenders with 28 saves on 31 shots faced, good for a camp-best .903 save percentage among all netminders.

Pat Nagle wasn’t far behind, as he stopped 29 of 35 shots throughout the afternoon, while both Adam Wilcox and Clarke Saunders each made 21 saves on 27 shots against.
Quote:
Defenseman Dan Milan led all players with 10 shots on goal Friday, but was contested by both James Mullin and Nesterov (nine shots each), as well as Matthew Peca and Brandon McNally (seven shots each).
Quote:
The Lightning’s first selection in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft two weeks ago, Slater Koekkoek, finished second among all skaters with three points on the day, but had that total matched by Devos.

A total of 10 other players, including Brown, Gauthier, Vladislav Namestnikov and 2012 NHL Entry Draft selections Brian Hart and Cedric Paquette each had two points on the day.

Old
07-06-2012, 05:52 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news...medium=twitter
Quote:
“It’s been fun,” KoekKoek said of this weeklong development camp. “I went to the Tampa Bay Times Forum yesterday, saw the rink and everything, it’s just an amazing facility and hopefully it’ll be my home soon…It’s heavy motivation.”

Koekkoek has made a good first impression in front of the Lightning coaching staff and general manager Steve Yzerman. Lightning player development coordinator Steve Thomas has been working with the first round pick all week, and believes he has the intangibles to be great.

“We like to see someone compete, even I a small 3-on-3 game that doesn’t mean much,” Said Thomas. “That says a lot about a kid’s character, his desire and his drive and we like that…He’s just a really, really good kid to have around. I think he’ll be a captain someday.”

During Friday’s 3 on 3 tournament, the defenseman displayed his offensive touch, scoring his team’s first goal of the day. Overshadowing that goal was his aggression chasing after the puck.

“Guys are gonna compete hard and that’s the main focus of my game,” KoekKoek said following Friday’s tournament, where his team went 2-0-1. “Battling down low, throwing hits and stuff…I love goal scoring, but I love battling even more.”
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...medium=twitter
Quote:
Other than translating for reporters speaking to Russian G Andrey Vasilevskiy, F Vladislav Namestnikov has kept a low profile. Not that the 2011 first-round draft pick hasn't been noticed.

"The biggest thing I see in him is confidence," Cooper said. "He came in last year, fresh drafted, No. 1 guy, all eyes on him. He looked like a little kid. Now, he's brimming with confidence."

A successful 2011-12 with London of the junior Ontario League helped as Namestnikov, 19, had 22 goals, 71 points in 63 regular-season games, and four goals, 18 points in 19 playoff games.

"I'm bigger, a lot faster and started playing more physical," said the 5-foot-11, 171-pounder. "And my defense, I'm working hard on that. It's paying off."

Old
07-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Callum
All In

Im hearing great things about Koekkoekk, he's an exciting prospect to have. 20 teams scouted Sustr this past NCAA, so for him to pick our camp to attend makes it quite possible we sign him shortly.

Callum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:59 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb View Post
Im hearing great things about Koekkoekk, he's an exciting prospect to have. 20 teams scouted Sustr this past NCAA, so for him to pick our camp to attend makes it quite possible we sign him shortly.
I'm hope so. The more and more I read about him, the more I like. Sustr should be assimilated in to the Yzerplan ASAP

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:01 PM
TBLHoser

Just makes sense to sign him....a czech player that came through Alaska....you just can't have enough of those Alaskans...

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:33 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
I'm hope so. The more and more I read about him, the more I like. Sustr should be assimilated in to the Yzerplan ASAP

If they are going to offer him a contract it needs to be very soon. He is also scheduled to attend the Pens camp from the 10th to the 14th.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:54 PM
2 Weekes Notice

I doubt Sustr will be signing anywhere. Another year in the NCAA will only do him good at this point.

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:58 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Weekes Notice View Post
I doubt Sustr will be signing anywhere. Another year in the NCAA will only do him good at this point.
Or if he signs, he could play in the ECHL or maybe even the AHL.

That would be the caveat. If he wants to finish school, he wont sign anywhere. If he wants to go pro, he will be looking for a contract.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:28 PM
chasespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Or if he signs, he could play in the ECHL or maybe even the AHL.

That would be the caveat. If he wants to finish school, he wont sign anywhere. If he wants to go pro, he will be looking for a contract.
I thought I read that he won't leave college early unless he's guaranteed an NHL spot.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:29 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
I thought I read that he won't leave college early unless he's guaranteed an NHL spot.
Well if thats the case then he wont sign any contract with any team this year.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:45 PM
2 Weekes Notice

I got to see two Nebraska-Omaha games in person last year (as an opposing fan, but still), and I remember watching him. Raw, raw, raw. It'll help him to get seasoning against other good college kids for a bit more - still plenty of decent pro prospects in his conference for him to face: Nic Kerdiles and Rocco Grimaldi come to mind.

But hey, it took Chara a while to hit his stride. I'd love to get this guy on board as a lottery ticket, just not yet.

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:36 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Observations from Day 3 of Tampa Bay’s prospect development camp

https://twitter.com/TBLightning
Quote:
Dana Tyrell making a surprise appearance on the ice in Brandon. Wearing a track suit.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:32 PM
chasespace

The more I read the more I want Sustr in the system.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:04 PM
BoltSTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
The more I read the more I want Sustr in the system.
I was there Friday for the 3 on 3 and he looked like he could skate well for a big man, and made good passes. I have know idea what he plays D like, but others that have say he is very raw, so several years away from being anything near NHL ready.

A boom or bust prospect.

BoltSTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:18 PM

Told you guys Ced Paquette was awesome

#57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:04 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

https://twitter.com/erlendssontrib
Quote:
#tblightning‬ 3v3 tourney leaders - Paquette 7G; Paquette-Dotchin-Sustr-Richard 9 pts; Richard 7Asst; Vasilevskiy .903 save% and 1.00 GAA

Koekkoek post camp Video

Namestnikov post camp Video

Old
07-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Acehawk74
HFBoards Sponsor

Hey guys. Been a while since I posted...but I lurk every day. Thought i would share my album from the Prospect camp this week. Feel free to use in whatever way you wish.. but I do ask that if you use the image in public domain, just mention me somehow in a positive light

Regardless, hope you enjoy.

Google + Album

Acehawk74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:07 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...medium=twitter
Quote:
Cody, 18, was not at the camp because of his father, said Al Murray, Tampa Bay's director of amateur scouting.

A center like his father, Cody last season played for Dubuque of the junior United States league and next season will play on scholarship for Colorado College.

He was on the Lightning's June draft list. When not selected, he was invited to camp with a phone call from general manager Steve Yzerman, something Cody called "a pretty big deal."

"We evaluated Cody as every other player is evaluated," Murray said. "We didn't even talk to Brian prior to the draft."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acehawk74 View Post
Hey guys. Been a while since I posted...but I lurk every day. Thought i would share my album from the Prospect camp this week. Feel free to use in whatever way you wish.. but I do ask that if you use the image in public domain, just mention me somehow in a positive light

Google + Album
Awesome photos Ace!

Old
07-08-2012, 02:21 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Observations from Day 5 of Tampa Bay’s prospect development camp

http://electricbluehockeytest.com/20...ospects-staff/
Quote:
To conclude what has been a whirlwind of a week (a very successful one for my labor of love, this blog, and a fulfilling one personally, as I got to celebrate the marriage of a long-time friend) covering the bulk of the Lightning’s prospect development camp, I have decided to accept an invitation to join BoltProspects, effective immediately, as a staff writer. My role there is still yet to be fully defined but I will definitely be doing features and providing a local presence who can utilize the media contacts BP already has on a fairly regular basis in order to enhance the site’s coverage and analysis.

Old
07-08-2012, 06:31 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acehawk74 View Post

Google + Album
Those are some awesome pictures. First class .

Loving Vasi's mask. Bender and Garfield FTW !

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:48 PM
torero

Hello,

How was Richard Tanner. I saw he was on the scoring recap and also he replied to some journalists ... yet how was he in the camp ?
Will he be NHL material ?

tks

torero is offline   Reply With Quote