HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yannick Weber to Detroit?

Old
07-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Zhead

vCash: 500
Yannick Weber to Detroit?

According to this site, who has an history of pretty good information about transactions, Yannick Weber (of the Montreal Canadiens) is being traded to the Detroit Red Wings in exchange for an unknown return.

http://www.danslescoulisses.com/site...-dadresse.html

English translation (Google) :

Quote:
The team danslescoulisses.com has received preliminary information about a transaction involving defenseman Yannick Weber Montreal Canadiens.

The Detroit Red Wings would acquire the Swiss back elements still unknown.

The first track we came from an email from a regular informant that we are trying to revive the issue.

Weber could make his suitcase towards Detroit

We are looking for more details to corroborate this RUMOR.

All this is still quite mysterious, please take this information with tweezers.

If you are aware of every detail surrounding that possible changes in staff, email us at info@danslescoulisses.com.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Costard
MOD EDIT: Not a good enough source to keep as a rumor, but a "Weber to Detroit" proposal makes sense, so let's keep it as speculation and discuss it as such, okay?

Last edited by caley: 07-07-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Zhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:35 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Detroit don't need #7 defenceman but they are good at developing NHL players whether it's a 1st or 7th rounder.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:43 PM
TheYuleGoat

Holland gets the Webers mixed up, sends Zetterberg + Datsyuk + Kronwall to Montreal for Yannick.

TheYuleGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Seachd

I'm taking this information with tweezers.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Ashley

Wings fans did want Weber in Detroit. Just the cheaper one.

Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Would be a shrewd move by Detroit.

Weber is a good puck-mover and has a great shot on the point. He is solid but not big. He isn't physical but he doesn't get demolished. His positioning in the D zone needs work but he would be insulated well in Detroits system.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kloparren
Hth

If they don't give Brendan Smith playing time (and he's better than Weber) then what's the point of trading for Y Weber?

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
golffuul

Webber to Detroit would be a welcome thing. He can't get in on Montreal's PP because of Subban, but would be a welcome third pair D-guy in Detroit, who needs more PP weapons on the back end with no one there to play it, since Rafalski and Lidstrom retired.

golffuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:46 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
Life as a Sharks fan

Would be a good move for the Wings

07-07-2012, 08:46 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Weber could use a chance, he's stuck behind alot of D in Montreal.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:51 PM
caley

This could actually make some sense. Weber is someone Detroit could put on their 3rd pairing and use on the power-play. Especially if they can send a forward back the other way as they have a bit of a logjam.

Assuming Nyquist makes the team, you would have Patrick Eaves, Jan Mursak, and Drew Miller as spares (Eaves at $1.2 million and Miller at 839k are pretty expensive spares), throw in the possible return of Tomas Holmstrom, the longshot possibility of Sheahan, Andersson or Tatar making the team and you'd have more spares.

My guess is something around Weber for Eaves and a pick. Or, if Detroit is really looking to shake things up or open up a scoring slot for a free agent like Semin, maybe Weber and a pick for Cleary. I dunno, just spitballin' here.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:52 PM
MXD

Weber was absolutely terrible last season with Montreal -- much worse than his record would indicate. The guy definitely has skills, but.... I dunno. He just seems like a guy who needs to play more minutes, and at this point, he didn't show that he could actually play those minutes.

Notice the use of "didn't show" as opposed to "unable".

Was outplayed by everyone not named Campoli last season, including his countryman Diaz, who had no experience of NA hockey whatsoever before last season.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:54 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
People in Detroit are going to hate this move, I guess it all depends on what is going back. Don't see what Weber offers over Smith and Kindl. Maybe this is part of a bigger move. With the people angry with Holland's moves so far I doubt this is embraced even if it is a good move for a seventh d-man at a low cost.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:54 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
This could actually make some sense. Weber is someone Detroit could put on their 3rd pairing and use on the power-play. Especially if they can send a forward back the other way as they have a bit of a logjam.

Assuming Nyquist makes the team, you would have Patrick Eaves, Jan Mursak, and Drew Miller as spares (Eaves at $1.2 million and Miller at 839k are pretty expensive spares), throw in the possible return of Tomas Holmstrom, the longshot possibility of Sheahan, Andersson or Tatar making the team and you'd have more spares.

My guess is something around Weber for Eaves and a pick. Or, if Detroit is really looking to shake things up or open up a scoring slot for a free agent like Semin, maybe Weber and a pick for Cleary. I dunno, just spitballin' here.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Weber + something for Cleary + Aubry.

Ehhh, wait. There's Naatinen, Bournival, DeSimone at the farm. Not so sure about Aubry anymore. But I just wouldn't be surprised at all, even if it makes little sense to trade for a guy who'll end up being a 4th C in the AHL.

Old
07-07-2012, 08:55 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
Life as a Sharks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
People in Detroit are going to hate this move, I guess it all depends on what is going back. Don't see what Weber offers over Smith and Kindl..
#1 PP unit

SpinTheBlackCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:55 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Weber + something for Cleary + Aubry.
I would and so would a lot of Wings fans. The management is high on Cleary especially the coaching staff. Babcock loves the guy. Aubry is the kind of size player they have been rattling on and on about needing to get bigger in the future with.

Old
07-07-2012, 08:57 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:

I think if Montreal moves Weber, it's for a pick. Right now Montreal is log-jammed at D, their bottom six is set. No way does Weber have enough value for a top 6 forward and I don't see Detroit offering Mursak for Weber.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:

Jan Mursak for Weber seems like a good deal for both sides

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

vCash: 450
I think this is a move help Brunner adjust to North America too besides filling the depth Dman.

Motown Beatdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I would and so would a lot of Wings fans. The management is high on Cleary especially the coaching staff. Babcock loves the guy. Aubry is the kind of size player they have been rattling on and on about needing to get bigger in the future with.
Notice the use of something , which could be anything between a 2nd rounder (.... wouldn't make much sense, honestly...).

Seriously, you guys are high on Aubry?

Old
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
#1 PP unit
The correct answers are more likely a right handed d-man and somebody to help Brunner get used to North America. Wings fans won't want him playing #1 PP time and certainly not over Smith. The love affair with Smith is pretty unrelenting.

Old
07-07-2012, 09:00 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Notice the use of something , which could be anything between a 2nd rounder (.... wouldn't make much sense, honestly...).

Seriously, you guys are high on Aubry?
The people who follow our prospects closely are, he was very good in GR. Was just pointing out they keep talking about getting more size, they are having trouble finding that true big number 4 center, he is both of those things. I am not saying they wouldn't move him but I would be disappointed and I wouldn't be alone. You have to give something to get something but even though people think Andersson is closer to the NHL I would prefer it be him or Emmerton going in all honesty.

Old
07-07-2012, 09:00 PM
MXD

Playing Weber on your 1st PP wave pretty much means a very bad powerplay --- so bad it actually prompted Pierre Gauthier to trade for Tomas Kaberle.

Old
07-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch

vCash: 622
please take this information with tweezers.

This is a metaphor lost in translation right? I like it.

Socratic Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Zhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post
please take this information with tweezers.

This is a metaphor lost in translation right? I like it.

Yep, in French it's "prendre ces informations avec des pincettes".

Therefore, pincettes = tweezers!

Zhead is offline   Reply With Quote