HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yannick Weber to Detroit?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2012, 09:06 PM
  #26
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
The people who follow our prospects closely are, he was very good in GR. Was just pointing out they keep talking about getting more size, they are having trouble finding that true big number 4 center, he is both of those things. I am not saying they wouldn't move him but I would be disappointed and I wouldn't be alone. You have to give something to get something but even though people think Andersson is closer to the NHL I would prefer it be him or Emmerton going in all honesty.
Okay... I don't know, I saw the guy quite a bit in the juniors -- would probably be behind Bournival, Naatinen on the depth chart, and those two guys both projects as bottom-6 Centers --- only Bournival is way quicker and more skilled, while Naatinen is close to a year older and a better goalscorer.

And I forgot Gabriel Dumont, who might start in Montreal though.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:10 PM
  #27
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 22,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Okay... I don't know, I saw the guy quite a bit in the juniors -- would probably be behind Bournival, Naatinen on the depth chart, and those two guys both projects as bottom-6 Centers --- only Bournival is way quicker and more skilled, while Naatinen is close to a year older and a better goalscorer.

And I forgot Gabriel Dumont, who might start in Montreal though.
The other feeling is that we have to unload an actual roster player at the forward spot. My guess is those putting out Mursak or Emmerton are closer to what is actually being discussed. Andersson only has one year of waiver exemption left so I could see it being him as well.

Emmerton is loathed by Wings fans so if it is him I take back people absolutely despising the move. I just think the fan-base wants a big move and if Holland tries selling this hard I fear for what is going to take place on our team board.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:10 PM
  #28
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Det would get a RH Dman who can handle PP duties. He wasn't given a fair chance in Montreal with an idiot coach who like dmen on his 4th line....like that ever worked.


He is redundant in MTL's system, I can see him moved for a pick (2nd/3rd) or a prospect like Marek Tvrdon (MTL needs size on the LW) or Xavier Ouellet (just cause he`s a Quebequois) and both can play another year in the CHL.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:11 PM
  #29
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch
 
Socratic Method Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhead View Post


Yep, in French it's "prendre ces informations avec des pincettes".

Therefore, pincettes = tweezers!
awesome, I might start using this now, just to see the split second of confusion on peoples' faces.

Socratic Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:11 PM
  #30
vokiel
Nothing blind
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 8,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Mile View Post
Jan Mursak for Weber seems like a good deal for both sides
Good deal how precisely? Mursak doesn't look like a better fit over who currently competes for Montreal's lineup. Maybe for the AHL? I'd want a bit more if I was Montreal's GM.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:11 PM
  #31
BLNY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,150
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
2nd round pick, preferably in 2013.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:14 PM
  #32
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 22,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Det would get a RH Dman who can handle PP duties. He wasn't given a fair chance in Montreal with an idiot coach who like dmen on his 4th line....like that ever worked.


He is redundant in MTL's system, I can see him moved for a pick (2nd/3rd) or a prospect like Marek Tvrdon (MTL needs size on the LW) or Xavier Ouellet (just cause he`s a Quebequois) and both can play another year in the CHL.
If they move either of those two guys I wil go into a month long depression. They are probably my favorite two players in the system. I know everyone loves Smith, Nyquist and Jurco. But those two players are sneaky good, I would rather see either Pulkkinen, Tatar, or Sproul even before those names get fired out. Big time Yuck on those names being included.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:16 PM
  #33
last_sd
Registered User
 
last_sd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,111
vCash: 500
If he only costs us one of bottom 6ers (Miller/Mursak/Emmerton) than whatever, better than losing those bottom 6ers though waivers.

Although Y.Weber seems like another offensive D man.(we are looking at more defensive d man)
Competition for Kindl I suppose.

last_sd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:17 PM
  #34
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
If they move either of those two guys I wil go into a month long depression. They are probably my favorite two players in the system. I know everyone loves Smith, Nyquist and Jurco. But those two players are sneaky good, I would rather see either Pulkkinen, Tatar, or Sproul even before those names get fired out. Big time Yuck on those names being included.
If anything, having seen quite a lot of both guys, I'd take Ouellet before Jurco on my team, unless I crucially lack forwards and have an abundance of D-Mens.


Why is Emmerton hated, exactly?

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:18 PM
  #35
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by last_sd View Post
If he only costs us one of bottom 6ers (Miller/Mursak/Emmerton) than whatever, better than losing those bottom 6ers though waivers.

Although Y.Weber seems like another offensive D man.(we are looking at more defensive d man)
Competition for Kindl I suppose.
Let's put it this way.

At this point, he's pretty offensive defensively.

But then again -- I think he's a guy who's at his best when he plays LOTS of minutes.

However... He hasn't shown he's good enough to do so in the NHL (at this point) and is much better suited to no.6 duties playing 13-14 mins a night.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:20 PM
  #36
last_sd
Registered User
 
last_sd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
If anything, having seen quite a lot of both guys, I'd take Ouellet before Jurco on my team, unless I crucially lack forwards and have an abundance of D-Mens.


Why is Emmerton hated, exactly?
He isn't really hated.
We just have too many Emmerton type of players.
- not big
- not physical
- not very fast

I think he would be good defensibly responsible bottom 6 winger (I think he will be better winger than center) in other teams.

last_sd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:21 PM
  #37
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 22,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
If anything, having seen quite a lot of both guys, I'd take Ouellet before Jurco on my team, unless I crucially lack forwards and have an abundance of D-Mens.


Why is Emmerton hated, exactly?
Every team has got them you have a big hockey market and understand. Emmerton isn't the right guy for the job they have been trying to make him play. He really is better at the wing than center. I actually thought he was one of our bigger surprises in our dismal playoff appearance. The hate has just kind of rolled down hill on him with the Detroit fan-base.

The fact at the mid-point in the season he was the second worst regular center at draws only ahead of 18 year old rookie RNH certainly didn't help him with a lot of people.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:21 PM
  #38
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Det would get a RH Dman who can handle PP duties. He wasn't given a fair chance in Montreal with an idiot coach who like dmen on his 4th line....like that ever worked.


He is redundant in MTL's system, I can see him moved for a pick (2nd/3rd) or a prospect like Marek Tvrdon (MTL needs size on the LW) or Xavier Ouellet (just cause he`s a Quebequois) and both can play another year in the CHL.

Ouellet is a pretty awesome D prospect.

Which is pretty much what the Habs DON'T need at this point, but he'd still be better than quite a few guys in the AHL. Even if he has one year left in juniors.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:21 PM
  #39
last_sd
Registered User
 
last_sd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Let's put it this way.

At this point, he's pretty offensive defensively.

But then again -- I think he's a guy who's at his best when he plays LOTS of minutes.

However... He hasn't shown he's good enough to do so in the NHL (at this point) and is much better suited to no.6 duties playing 13-14 mins a night.
Yeah.
If he comes to us now he will be #6/7

Kronwall - White
Quincey (yet to sign but RFA going to arbitration) - Ericsson
Smith - Kindl/Weber

last_sd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:21 PM
  #40
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,636
vCash: 500
It wouldn't take much to get him. I don't think depth d-men is a big priority for detroit though, even though weber has some upside. But even if he fills his maximum potential, he will never be a top pairing d-man.... again, detroit needs more

Right now, he's just a depth guy with a big shot... trying to find a regular spot.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:22 PM
  #41
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
If they move either of those two guys I wil go into a month long depression. They are probably my favorite two players in the system. I know everyone loves Smith, Nyquist and Jurco. But those two players are sneaky good, I would rather see either Pulkkinen, Tatar, or Sproul even before those names get fired out. Big time Yuck on those names being included.
well Tvrdon does fill a need in MTL's system...large, physical LW (yes I know he is a RH winger, but he plays the off wing) he is also a familiar face to MTL's scouts as he plays on the Giants which is the same team as Gallagher.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:22 PM
  #42
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by last_sd View Post
He isn't really hated.
We just have too many Emmerton type of players.
- not big
- not physical
- not very fast

I think he would be good defensibly responsible bottom 6 winger (I think he will be better winger than center) in other teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Every team has got them you have a big hockey market and understand. Emmerton isn't the right guy for the job they have been trying to make him play. He really is better at the wing than center. I actually thought he was one of our bigger surprises in our dismal playoff appearance. The hate has just kind of rolled down hill on him with the Detroit fan-base.

The fact at the mid-point in the season he was the second worst regular center at draws only ahead of 18 year old rookie RNH certainly didn't help him with a lot of people.

In other words, the Niklas Sundstrom syndrome.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:24 PM
  #43
Redwings1927
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
If anything, having seen quite a lot of both guys, I'd take Ouellet before Jurco on my team, unless I crucially lack forwards and have an abundance of D-Mens.


Why is Emmerton hated, exactly?
He is hated because he had so much promise and when he was given the opportunity during the season, he didn't deliver at all. Yes he got 4th line minutes and everything, but he does not impress at all.

I believe we call him 1:31 now because that is how much ice time he got in a couple of the nashville-detroit series in the playoffs this year

Redwings1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:24 PM
  #44
last_sd
Registered User
 
last_sd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
It wouldn't take much to get him. I don't think depth d-men is a big priority for detroit though, even though weber has some upside. But even if he fills his maximum potential, he will never be a top pairing d-man.... again, detroit needs more

Right now, he's just a depth guy with a big shot... trying to find a regular spot.
Yeah but since we got like 16 forwards and only 6 defense, trading 1 forward in press box for 1 defense in press box makes sense.

If we get better D man we can always just send Weber though wavier like we would've sent 1 of our bottom 6ers.
(This is assuming it only costs us one of bottom 6ers)

last_sd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:25 PM
  #45
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 22,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
well Tvrdon does fill a need in MTL's system...large, physical LW (yes I know he is a RH winger, but he plays the off wing) he is also a familiar face to MTL's scouts as he plays on the Giants which is the same team as Gallagher.
That is fine we have the same problems you see. We want big power forward types that have a right handed shot. I would give up a second next year before Tvrdon who just was the leader in the WHL in rookie scoring. Granted I am probably the highest on him of any wings poster around HF, but that deal still stinks. We need to unload actual bottom six roster players and draft picks before a guy like him.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:29 PM
  #46
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
That is fine we have the same problems you see. We want big power forward types that have a right handed shot. I would give up a second next year before Tvrdon who just was the leader in the WHL in rookie scoring. Granted I am probably the highest on him of any wings poster around HF, but that deal still stinks. We need to unload actual bottom six roster players and draft picks before a guy like him.
a pick would work for MTL, but if a pick isn't offered, a prospect like Tvrdon would be a target, or possibly an NHL calibre 3rd line player. Those are all needs for MTL, if any one of those are met (depending on the talent level or value of those assets) Weber or Weber + would be sent back.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:32 PM
  #47
Go Wings
Registered User
 
Go Wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chatham, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Would be a shrewd move by Detroit.

Weber is a good puck-mover and has a great shot on the point. He is solid but not big. He isn't physical but he doesn't get demolished. His positioning in the D zone needs work but he would be insulated well in Detroits system.
Yah because if there is anything Detroit needs on defense it is a puck mover who isnt great in his own zone

Go Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:35 PM
  #48
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go
 
canadiensnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Det would get a RH Dman who can handle PP duties. He wasn't given a fair chance in Montreal with an idiot coach who like dmen on his 4th line....like that ever worked.


He is redundant in MTL's system, I can see him moved for a pick (2nd/3rd) or a prospect like Marek Tvrdon (MTL needs size on the LW) or Xavier Ouellet (just cause he`s a Quebequois) and both can play another year in the CHL.
Tvrdon looked good in the Jrs this past winter.

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:37 PM
  #49
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
I'd laugh if it was Andreas Athanasiou. Nothing like a little bit of bi-polar disorder in the Habs forum.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:37 PM
  #50
WJG
Running and Rioting
 
WJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 13,415
vCash: 500
I could see Weber becoming Mark Streit 2.0 on the right team.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.