HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Is the Gangsta' pouting over Jagr?

Old
07-07-2012, 09:47 PM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstanley View Post
just came in to say im 100% certain pleky will have a very appreciable season 60-70pts if he is paired with a skilled and motivated winger.

That being said, Pleky is a consummate professional and will play his best every night every game like he always has, regardless of who is on his wings. He has the intelligence and versatility to play any role at key moments, and for that alone he is invaluable to the Habs.

also, im sure he has an opinion about the Jagr situation, and once again, being the great sportsman he is, he will not make a scene and "pout".
Well put. The amateur psychologists/coaches here are trying to make something out of nothing. That's what happens when news is slow... these bizarre theories start to appear

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:02 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstanley View Post
just came in to say im 100% certain pleky will have a very appreciable season 60-70pts if he is paired with a skilled and motivated winger.

That being said, Pleky is a consummate professional and will play his best every night every game like he always has, regardless of who is on his wings. He has the intelligence and versatility to play any role at key moments, and for that alone he is invaluable to the Habs.

also, im sure he has an opinion about the Jagr situation, and once again, being the great sportsman he is, he will not make a scene and "pout".
Hey guys, I'm pretty certain this guy is wrong and I'm right. In fact, I'm 100% certain Plekanec will get a knee injury 6 games into the season and will miss the rest of the season and post-season.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Kirk Muller

If Pleks sulks over not signing Jagr, then he isnt the player or person any of us think he is. However i dont think he was sulking. He was in a bad situation. Cole, Desharnais, and Pacioretty showed chemistry that you dont break up. Gionta was injured most of year. That then didnt leave much of any offensive players for Pleks to play with. Bourque was a overweight lazy player last year, Kostitsyn played when he wanted to and was subsequently sent packing. That was the end of the offensive players.

as for Jagr, people need to move on. He isnt here. He would have been a stop gap measure that wouldnt make Montreal a contender, maybe not even a playoff team. Bergevin is looking towards the future not just a one year blitz of Jagr fever.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Hey guys, I'm pretty certain this guy is wrong and I'm right. In fact, I'm 100% certain Plekanec will get a knee injury 6 games into the season and will miss the rest of the season and post-season.
Okay Tonya.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:09 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
He would have been a stop gap measure that wouldnt make Montreal a contender, maybe not even a playoff team. Bergevin is looking towards the future not just a one year blitz of Jagr fever.
Enough said. Next few years in my opinion will be tough for our team and even with Jagr in Montreal, we're not a top 3 team in the East. Let's keep on developing youngsters and I hope real hard the situation with Gomez is dealt with before the beginning of the season.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Teufelsdreck

Pout? Why? Plekanec was never promised that the Habs would sign Jagr. He didn't pout when Jagr signed with the Flyers. The OP is projecting too much and I reject it.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:13 AM
durojean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
that doesnt explain why Plekanec ended the season playing with scrubs...

not sure DD would get 50 pts playing with guys like White, Blunden, Darche, Geoffrion, Moen for half the year or so...

I mean, you know that at some point we had a Geoffrion-Plekanec-White line right ?

think about this for a sec : Geoffrion will probably not make the team this year - not good enough, and yet he was our 2nd line winger for a few games last season...
I know at the end of the season... After Gauthier completely lost it and traded some of our offensive depth he had no one to play with.

But really... That's only for the last quarter of the season and he still played with the best rest we had.

As I recall he did play with Eller a lot at the end... But really we had no one else.

Everyone was either injured or traded. So if it weren't him it would have been the one that outplayed him that would have suffered. Plus Cole or Pacioretty could have been pissed and could have seen it as a demotion. I think it's Cole that explicitly said he wanted to play with DD.

But know that the scrubs you say that he played with for the majority of the year are still named Gionta Cammalleri Kostitsyn and he did play with Cole and Pacioretty.

I know it wouldn't have been logical but I'm pretty sure that if we had tried the schtroumph line

Cammalleri Desharnais Gionta

We would still have Cammalleri with us and we would be complaining about Cole being our new Gomez.

Gomez by the way. A guy that is criticize because he doesn't score a lot of goal and by the way never did he's a playmaker. A guy that is at his best when he control the puck but who is forced to play dump and chase. A guy that... Yes maybe wasn't producing a lot but his line was always one of the best at controlling the play.

But you know what... He lost it all he's become the worst hockey player in the universe...

Last edited by durojean: 07-08-2012 at 12:26 AM.
durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

I think only one way to solve this,

Trade Plekenac to Dallas

Jagr to Montreal

How can a guy who had near 30 DIFFERENT line mates last year, be mentioned as a pout?

Unreal

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:39 AM
GoHomez

Nvm.

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:22 AM
SAKS AVENUE

What's really funny about this thread is Pleks doesn't even like Jagr.

SAKS AVENUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Megaforce

Regardless of whether they liked each other personally, the Gangster/Mullet duo put up amazing stats for the brief time they played together.

It was sorta like when Naslund played alongside Mario Lemieux in an All Star game and both of them racked up points at will. It's one of those combinations that would have been very interesting to watch. But I agree that it would have been more interesting last year than this, as Jagr is winding down pretty fast.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:56 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

The OP is from one year ago isn't it?

Anyway I expect Plex gets more opportunities to play offense given the recent signings, and think he'll do very well this coming season.

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:00 PM
clownquestionbro*

"I WANT MY JAGGGGY "

i can see him in a corner with a blanket crying.

clownquestionbro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:03 PM
j52

Why is he a gangsta? Who is afraid of him?

j52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:10 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Usually by about the 5 th or 8 th post somebody who has taken the time to type of a thoughtful, informative reply will appear. Crossing my fingers that somebody is working on that now!
How does somebody make a thoughtful, informative reply to a ridiculous statement like that.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:19 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
If that were to happen, top 3 pick here we come again !

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote