HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XXI - Roberto Royale

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Holy Mackinaw

vCash: 500
"Mike? Brian here. Yeah, I know I never offered Schenn for Roberto. I've wanted this Schenn-JVR deal for a year now, I was just waiting for the medical green light for JVR. It's that dumbass Botchford spectulating ****, I know, but anyway, this is a business call. I'm tired of dicking around. Need a goalie. You've got one who wants to "move on". Long contract, but we've got the money and he's the guy I want. So, here's the thing....take your pick. Do any of these work?

Kadri and 2013 1st provided you take Lombardi and the final year of his deal.

Kulemin, Ashton and a 2013 2nd that becomes a first if the Leafs make the playoffs.

One of Franson/Gunnarsson, one of Ashton/Colborne, Connolly (one year left), 2013 2nd that becomes a first if the Leafs make the playoffs.

Can we get a deal signed, or what? Think about it and get back to me. Watching UFC trying to find my next fourth liner. And checking out the ring card babes."

Old
07-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Holy Mackinaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Look through his post history, he puts up crazy proposals for the fun of it.
Oh. I think we have found Eklund's hidden account.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:12 PM
ComradeChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackinaw View Post
"Mike? Brian here. Yeah, I know I never offered Schenn for Roberto. I've wanted this Schenn-JVR deal for a year now, I was just waiting for the medical green light for JVR. It's that dumbass Botchford spectulating ****, I know, but anyway, this is a business call. I'm tired of dicking around. Need a goalie. You've got one who wants to "move on". Long contract, but we've got the money and he's the guy I want. So, here's the thing....take your pick. Do any of these work?

Kulemin, Ashton and a 2013 2nd that becomes a first if the Leafs make the playoffs.

One of Franson/Gunnarsson, one of Ashton/Colborne, Connolly (one year left), 2013 2nd that becomes a first if the Leafs make the playoffs.

Can we get a deal signed, or what?"
Awful proposal.

Try something like:

Grabovski
Kadri
Tor 1st

Luongo
Raymond

Old
07-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Calacatz
Pak-trick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Gillis hangs up immediately.

Sure, Datsyuk is better than Kesler, but the difference isn't Luongo and Edler for an average/above average starting goalie and a pretty good prospect.

Datsyuk > Kesler
Howard <<< Luongo
Smith <<< Edler

And Kesler is a much better fit for the Canucks than Datsyuk.
what are you lost? The trade proposal is not match play at the ryder cup its a package for package. Datsyuk is a top 5 player in the NHL.

Stupid assessment!

The prob with the proposal is it makes no sense. Howard is a started not going to be Cory's b/u and Datzyuk is a 1c you already have one of the sisters to do that and he's a good one.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
Quote:

Can we get a deal signed, or what?"
The 1st one is one I've advocated for some time now. Your fellow Leaf fans were split on the matter.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Calacatz
Pak-trick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeChris View Post
Awful proposal.

Try something like:

Grabovski
Kadri
Tor 1st

Luongo
Raymond
are u are critisizing his proposal you oblivoius canucks fan?
Our best Centre our top prospect and a 1st for a goalie who wants out of your city who publicly stated it after u already locked up Cory and named him your starter with a 10 year contract and a tweener that is zero upgrade to the ones we already have....

there is a reason Lou is still a canuck b/c your stupid GM thinks the same way... As Burke said it the puck doesnt drop till October and there is no way in Hell lou starts the season as a Canuck.. something will have to give

Old
07-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Holy Mackinaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeChris View Post
Awful proposal.

Try something like:

Grabovski
Kadri
Tor 1st

Luongo
Raymond
Um, no. <click>

Old
07-07-2012, 10:20 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezzator View Post
I don't know if this has been discussed in this thread already but I read a tweet that said a Luongo trade to Florida is in place and the only thing blocking it is Theodore's refusal, or at least hesitancy, to waive his NTC.

Here, found the tweet: https://twitter.com/GeorgeRichards/s...29419725406209
Why in the world did they give Theodore a NTC...

Old
07-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Cogburn

Quote:

Can we get a deal signed, or what? Think about it and get back to me. Watching UFC trying to find my next fourth liner. And checking out the ring card babes."
How about Kulemin, Franson and Lombardi

Kulemin, Ashton and a conditional pick (2nd if not a playoff team, 1st if you guys presumably make it to the dance) works for me just as, you know, something new.

Quote:
Um, no. <click>
From both sides boss. Grabovski has tons more value to the Leafs then to the Canucks, provided there isn't a better center coming to Toronto.

Old
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:

Pretty close to reasonable proposals... I don't "like" either of them, but I wouldn't flip a lid if the Canucks made either of those trades.

And that 2nd one might as well be a 1st round pick. Leafs make the playoffs with Luongo and semi-decent coaching.

Old
Holy Mackinaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Why in the world did they give Theodore a NTC...
In fairness, it is just a limited NTC, I think, where he can provide a list of 10 teams.

Not sure why he wouldn't want to go to Vancouver, unless he just doesn't want to back up. Great city, great team but I suppose he doesn't want to spend intermissions pulling splinters out of his ass. Or he just wants to stay out of the proverbial spotlight in Canada.

Then again, he may also want to just stay in FLA. Can't blame the guy.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Henrik To Daniel

This thread title was overdue

Old
07-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Mr Lahey*

Okay Canuck fans, were not giving up a good prospect and a likely high pick for a great goalie on a terrible contract. Get over the first and kadri.

This isnt taking into account that goalies ALWAYS go for way less then hfboards expectation

Old
07-07-2012, 10:27 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
In fairness, it is just a limited NTC, I think, where he can provide a list of 10 teams.

Not sure why he wouldn't want to go to Vancouver, unless he just doesn't want to back up. Great city, great team but I suppose he doesn't want to spend intermissions pulling splinters out of his ass. Or he just wants to stay out of the proverbial spotlight in Canada.

Then again, he may also want to just stay in FLA. Can't blame the guy.
Ya or he might have just given a list of the 10 furthest places from where he lives, I assume Quebec.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:28 PM
BudMovin*

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleSmedsmosStache View Post
This isnt taking into account that goalies ALWAYS go for way less then hfboards expectation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semyon_Varlamov

Old
07-07-2012, 10:28 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Okay Canuck fans, were not giving up a good prospect and a likely high pick for a great goalie on a terrible contract. Get over the first and kadri.

Besides Halak I can't think of one... Varlamov, Lindback etc... all went for more than even I thought they would.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
Quote:

Exactly. Although it was a Leafs fan who proposed it, here will always be fans against it.

Kadri, 2013 1st, Lombardi suits our needs by replenishing our prospect pool, as here are no top 6 wingers good enough for us that Toronto can afford to give up.

This is the deal I see happening.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:30 PM
DJB

vCash: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMovin View Post
Varlamov isn't 33 with an atrocious contract....

Old
07-07-2012, 10:30 PM
jammyrft

Canucks fans: Give us something decent for our star goaltender.

Everyone else: Take our garbage for your star goaltender.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:31 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Exactly. Although it was a Leafs fan who proposed it, here will always be fans against it.

Kadri, 2013 1st, Lombardi suits our needs by replenishing our prospect pool, as here are no top 6 wingers good enough for us that Toronto can afford to give up.

This is the deal I see happening.
I don't think Gillis will take that offer, personally, but that's the right type of offer.

Gillis seems to be going after big players these days. Kadri reminds me a bit of Hodgson...

Old
07-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Holy Mackinaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
How about Kulemin, Franson and Lombardi

Kulemin, Ashton and a conditional pick (2nd if not a playoff team, 1st if you guys presumably make it to the dance) works for me just as, you know, something new.

From both sides boss. Grabovski has tons more value to the Leafs then to the Canucks, provided there isn't a better center coming to Toronto.
Well, that is just it, as well. Grabs has a ton of talent and is a solid two way player, but he is third on the Canucks C depth chart. I am sure Gillis has no desire to fork out $5.5 million on a 3C.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:32 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Varlamov isn't 33 with an atrocious contract....
He also isn't as good as Luongo...

Old
07-07-2012, 10:34 PM
DopeyFish

vCash: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammyrft View Post
Canucks fans: Give us something decent for our star goaltender.

Everyone else: Take our garbage for your star goaltender.
Correction:

Everyone: take these pieces that improve your team and we can can make a fair trade for both clubs

Canuck fans: give us your clubs future

Old
JohnHodgson

Quote:

Seymon Varlamov got a high first round pick and second round pick. Go back to baseball. How are the Blue Jays doing?

Old
Holy Mackinaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Pretty close to reasonable proposals... I don't "like" either of them, but I wouldn't flip a lid if the Canucks made either of those trades.

And that 2nd one might as well be a 1st round pick. Leafs make the playoffs with Luongo and semi-decent coaching.
Agreed.

And at the risk of sounding like a used car salesman, Kulemin was an enigma last year, and I think PART of that was he couldn't get into a groove with Wilson's line juggling early in the year when Grabo wasn't his guy every night. I think Kuley is a lot closer to the 30-goal guy we saw two seasons ago than the seven goal guy this year.

I imagine he would be third line in Van, but if AV could find a way to get him with Kesler, one he is back, I think he would flourish in Van. My hunch is he just needs a fresh start.

Closed Thread