HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XXI - Roberto Royale

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2012, 10:35 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyFish View Post
Correction:

Everyone: take these pieces that improve your team and we can can make a fair trade for both clubs

Canuck fans: give us your clubs future

Okay seriously what pieces are those?

Old
07-07-2012, 10:37 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackinaw View Post
Agreed.

And at the risk of sounding like a used car salesman, Kulemin was an enigma last year, and I think PART of that was he couldn't get into a groove with Wilson's line juggling early in the year when Grabo wasn't his guy every night. I think Kuley is a lot closer to the 30-goal guy we saw two seasons ago than the seven goal guy this year.

I imagine he would be third line in Van, but if AV could find a way to get him with Kesler, one he is back, I think he would flourish in Van. My hunch is he just needs a fresh start.
Ya... I dunno about Kulemin... i'm on the fence on him, and am a little leary of the Nucks having two "potential" 2nd line wingers in Raymond and Kulemin kicking around.

Old
Holy Mackinaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleSmedsmosStache View Post
Okay Canuck fans, were not giving up a good prospect and a likely high pick for a great goalie on a terrible contract. Get over the first and kadri.

This isnt taking into account that goalies ALWAYS go for way less then hfboards expectation
I'm a Leaf fan. Say what you want about a high pick, but Luongo likely gets us in the playoffs without breaking a sweat. That puts the pick in the middle of the first round, at worst, from a Leaf perspective.

Old
racerjoe

Quote:
"Mike? Brian here. Yeah, I know I never offered Schenn for Roberto. I've wanted this Schenn-JVR deal for a year now, I was just waiting for the medical green light for JVR. It's that dumbass Botchford spectulating ****, I know, but anyway, this is a business call. I'm tired of dicking around. Need a goalie. You've got one who wants to "move on". Long contract, but we've got the money and he's the guy I want. So, here's the thing....take your pick. Do any of these work?

Kadri and 2013 1st provided you take Lombardi and the final year of his deal.

Kulemin, Ashton and a 2013 2nd that becomes a first if the Leafs make the playoffs.

One of Franson/Gunnarsson, one of Ashton/Colborne, Connolly (one year left), 2013 2nd that becomes a first if the Leafs make the playoffs.

Can we get a deal signed, or what? Think about it and get back to me. Watching UFC trying to find my next fourth liner. And checking out the ring card babes."
I would take the first if we could get Franson in the deal, I would be willing to add something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleSmedsmosStache View Post
Okay Canuck fans, were not giving up a good prospect and a likely high pick for a great goalie on a terrible contract. Get over the first and kadri.

This isnt taking into account that goalies ALWAYS go for way less then hfboards expectation
Umm it is your leaf fans offering it.

Quote:
Correction:

Everyone: take these pieces that improve your team and we can can make a fair trade for both clubs

There have been very few that make us better right now. Actually name one that helps us right now.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:38 PM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
"Mike? Brian here. Yeah, I know I never offered Schenn for Roberto. I've wanted this Schenn-JVR deal for a year now, I was just waiting for the medical green light for JVR. It's that dumbass Botchford spectulating ****, I know, but anyway, this is a business call. I'm tired of dicking around. Need a goalie. You've got one who wants to "move on". Long contract, but we've got the money and he's the guy I want. So, here's the thing....take your pick. Do any of these work?

Kadri and 2013 1st provided you take Lombardi and the final year of his deal.

Kulemin, Ashton and a 2013 2nd that becomes a first if the Leafs make the playoffs.

One of Franson/Gunnarsson, one of Ashton/Colborne, Connolly (one year left), 2013 2nd that becomes a first if the Leafs make the playoffs.

Can we get a deal signed, or what? Think about it and get back to me. Watching UFC trying to find my next fourth liner. And checking out the ring card babes."
Kadri, 1st and Lombardi has always been a fair deal. Leaf fans not willing to give up anything more than a 2nd round pick and Franson.

EDIT: And props for being a reasonable Leaf fan, pretty rare these days.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:38 PM
jammyrft

Quote:
Correction:

Not sure how Toronto's bottom 6, tweeners, 5-6-7th defensemans would help Vancouver?

I can say with almost 100% certaincy that the majority of proposals with the players involved wouldn't even crack Van's lineup. So tell me again exactly how it would improve the Canucks? The reason we feel like the Leafs should add a 1st is because they have virtually no assets worth taking, furthermore the only players that could actually make the Canucks opening roster (Lupul, Gardiner) you feel aren't worth an all star goalie.

A "hockey trade" as you speak benefits both teams, which means adding a player that could actually make our squad...Komi isn't getting it done there buds...

Old
07-07-2012, 10:40 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

BTW to help other teams fans with offers here is what the Canucks needs are:

1. #1 d-man (obviously not getting for Luongo...)
2. 2nd line RWer, consistent 20ish goal guy... may be either BIG or a playmaker (flexible here... must be better than the alternatives: Raymond, Higgins etc)
3. RH defenseman, preferably young... or cheap that can be a 5/6 guy
4. Prospects: Mostly at Center and Left Wing

That's basically it besides picks.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
I would take the first if we could get Franson in the deal, I would be willing to add something.

Why do we need Franson? Our top 6 defenseman are set, and we have K-Conn and Suave as well as those new depth signings we have.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Mr Lahey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHodgson View Post
Seymon Varlamov got a high first round pick and second round pick. Go back to baseball. How are the Blue Jays doing?
Seymeon Varlamov is a young goalie on a reasonable contract. And even then, the Avs GM thought they would have been better.

Not to mention the Avs were much more in need than we are now.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:45 PM
jammyrft

Old
07-07-2012, 10:45 PM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
BTW to help other teams fans with offers here is what the Canucks needs are:

1. #1 d-man (obviously not getting for Luongo...)
2. 2nd line RWer, consistent 20ish goal guy... may be either BIG or a playmaker (flexible here... must be better than the alternatives: Raymond, Higgins etc)
3. RH defenseman, preferably young... or cheap that can be a 5/6 guy
4. Prospects: Mostly at Center and Left Wing

That's basically it besides picks.
Stalberg + Olsen + Frolik (dump) + 1st?

Old
07-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Mr Lahey*

I have no problem dealing controllable youth and high picks for a goalie, IF its a young goalie who is on a reasonable contract.

Those are the types of goalies I would deal Kadri or the pick for.

For those saying the Leafs would be a playoff team "without breaking a sweat" with Luongo. Give your head a shake. Not only would we still be fighting for the last spot but we would have also sold 2 of our top 3 future assets to get an aging expensive goalie who gets paid 5+million at age 70

Old
07-07-2012, 10:48 PM
jammyrft

Old
07-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 steps View Post
It would need to be significantly better than Kadri, 1st, Lombardi to make it worthwhile to trade to a contending rival.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Holy Mackinaw

See, and herin lies a dilemma. I know Canuck fans are in a win-now mode, and want pieces accordingly. I get that.

The Leafs, on the other hand, are obviously building for the next few years so if there were any prospects that could come to the Leafs to help with that process, it would probably make parting with a Gunnar or Franson as part of a deal that much easier. Rielly will obviously have a spot in the next couple of years, one would think, but the kids are going to need a taste of playoff hockey, even if it is a round, to get them prepped. Is there a Schroeder? Gaunce, who I doubt) that could liven this deal up to make Burke think long and hard about tossing in one of the D prospects we have?

Old
07-07-2012, 10:50 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Close. I think the Canucks would rather Johns than Olsen.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:52 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
See, and herin lies a dilemma. I know Canuck fans are in a win-now mode, and want pieces accordingly. I get that.

The Leafs, on the other hand, are obviously building for the next few years so if there were any prospects that could come to the Leafs to help with that process, it would probably make parting with a Gunnar or Franson as part of a deal that much easier. Rielly will obviously have a spot in the next couple of years, one would think, but the kids are going to need a taste of playoff hockey, even if it is a round, to get them prepped. Is there a Schroeder? Gaunce, who I doubt) that could liven this deal up to make Burke think long and hard about tossing in one of the D prospects we have?
Rodin is probably the most expendable of Canucks prospects... IMO. EDIT: On D maybe Adam Polasek.

Old
jammyrft

Quote:

nothing builds the future like having one of the best goalies in the world, in the most important position locked up at a great cap hit

Old
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammyrft View Post
Not sure how Toronto's bottom 6, tweeners, 5-6-7th defensemans would help Vancouver?

I can say with almost 100% certaincy that the majority of proposals with the players involved wouldn't even crack Van's lineup. So tell me again exactly how it would improve the Canucks? The reason we feel like the Leafs should add a 1st is because they have virtually no assets worth taking, furthermore the only players that could actually make the Canucks opening roster (Lupul, Gardiner) you feel aren't worth an all star goalie.

A "hockey trade" as you speak benefits both teams, which means adding a player that could actually make our squad...Komi isn't getting it done there buds...
The hyperbole on these boards just slays me sometimes. Everything has to be exaggerated. The ONLY players on the Leafs who could even make the Canuck's almighty opening night roster are Lupul and Gardiner. Not Grabovski. Not Kessel. Not Kulemin. Not Phaneuf. Not Liles. Not Gunnarsson. Not Van Reimsdyk. Nope. Nor would the addition of a solid two-way 2nd/3rd line guy like Kulemin and a depth center with an expiring deal like Lombardi ever possibly contribute anything to your success. Prospects like Kadri or Colborne? Who needs 'em? Scrubs. All of them.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:53 PM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Close. I think the Canucks would rather Johns than Olsen.
I doubt that would be an issue.

Still cannot see the Canucks trading Luongo to the Hawks unless up against the wall, but fun think what a deal would look like.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:55 PM
KeninsFan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
The hyperbole on these boards just slays me sometimes. Everything has to be exaggerated. The ONLY players on the Leafs who could even make the Canuck's almighty opening night roster are Lupul and Gardiner. Not Grabovski. Not Kessel. Not Kulemin. Not Phaneuf. Not Liles. Not Gunnarsson. Not Van Reimsdyk. Nope.
What Leafs fans have offered those players?

Last edited by KeninsFan: 07-07-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old
Cogburn

Quote:
Well, that is just it, as well. Grabs has a ton of talent and is a solid two way player, but he is third on the Canucks C depth chart. I am sure Gillis has no desire to fork out $5.5 million on a 3C.
Don't tell us what we're not willing to do!

I actually don't see a problem with that, given our current cap space. Just means we walk from Raymond or trade him.

Grabs just isn't worth the cost to us in terms of assets. If he was a third top six center and going for cheap, I'm sure Gillis would be all over it. He's the only proven top six center on a team in need at that position...so an overpayment would be needed me thinks.

Old
jammyrft

Quote:
The hyperbole on these boards just slays me sometimes. Everything has to be exaggerated. The ONLY players on the Leafs who could even make the Canuck's almighty opening night roster are Lupul and Gardiner. Not Grabovski. Not Kessel. Not Kulemin. Not Phaneuf. Not Liles. Not Gunnarsson. Not Van Reimsdyk. Nope. Nor would the addition of a solid two-way 2nd/3rd line guy like Kulemin and a depth center with an expiring deal like Lombardi ever possibly contribute anything to your success. Prospects like Kadri or Colborne? Who needs 'em? Scrubs. All of them.

I only chose 2 of the players Canuck fans have brought up in trade proposals. It's obvious we're not asking for your captian or Kessel...use some common sense here man

Old
07-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

Quote:
He was referring to non-untouchables(Kessel, Grabo, JVR)

And most nucks are fine with Kadri, 1st , Lombardi. Buildin for the future to remain competitive is important too.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:57 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
I doubt that would be an issue.

Still cannot see the Canucks trading Luongo to the Hawks unless up against the wall, but fun think what a deal would look like.
I don't see it either... just because I think Gillis would be worried about Luongo being in the conference.

EDIT:

And a mention to a previous proposal, Grabovski makes no sense on the Canucks to me.

Closed Thread