HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Better overall player avail by trade: Luongo or Nash

Old
07-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Shorthander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Wait, you're saying Luongo is better because Nash has potentially more upside?
No, I'm saying with Luongo you are getting a 5.3 mill goalie who is worth his cap hit. With Nash, you MIGHT be getting a 7.8 mill winger worth his cap hit, but you might not - taking him on is a bit of a gamble.

Shorthander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:51 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
Nash scores more goals than Luongo....

but Luongo has a higher save percentage than Nash....

Paper disproves Spock....

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorthander View Post
No, I'm saying with Luongo you are getting a 5.3 mill goalie who is worth his cap hit. With Nash, you MIGHT be getting a 7.8 mill winger worth his cap hit, but you might not - taking him on is a bit of a gamble.
Hehe. This time it came out better I think.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Andy Dufresne

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorthander View Post
I agree, Nash is the orange and Luongo is the apple.
If you know the variety of the apple and it passes the eyeball and finger test...you have a pretty good idea what you're getting.
With an orange it can pass that test.......then you peel it and find out you just payed good money for compost, or it could be incredible and (imo) a great orange takes a backseat to no apple.

Maybe it's just me, but this thread is making me hungry!

Oh, and I pick a good goalie over a good winger if that's still relevant in this thread. There's at least 10+ teams in this league who don't have a legit #1 if the criteria is: Luongo is a bottom of the barrel #1. A team like the Panthers for example.

Last edited by Andy Dufresne: 07-08-2012 at 12:48 AM.
Andy Dufresne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:30 AM
nowhereman

Well, since Luongo is only worth Komisarek and a second, I guess the answer would be Nash.

In reality, Luongo is the more valuable player and would likely have a greater impact on a team that needs both a goaltender and a forward, than Nash (on that same team). In other words, Luongo makes a bad team competitive while Nash would just put up points. However, that`s simply based on the nature of the position. But, either way, Luongo is a three-time Vezina finalist and Nash is a 60-70 point forward.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote