HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nino for Magnus

Old
07-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I'm curious to know what makes Nino so much greater than Paajarvi?
He was drafted higher.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Dark Knight
Troll-Marov!!

Nino for Magnus. Such a deliberate title.

Anyway, both players haven't really gotten a chance to break out with their squad. Both were rushed IMO. We can revisit this a year later and see where each is in terms of development, and then maybe a change of scenery type trade can be discussed.

07-07-2012, 11:27 PM
19NYSports91

Enough with these ridiculous islanders trades.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Nino is MUCH better than MPS. Even though Nino had a horrible year offensively, he still hits and plays at both ends of the ice while if MPS doesn't have the puck he is useless.

Nino's bad year is a result of not being NHL ready and playing on the fourth line, hurting his development. Another year in jr would have been much better.

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Nino is MUCH better than MPS. Even though Nino had a horrible year offensively, he still hits and plays at both ends of the ice while if MPS doesn't have the puck he is useless.

Nino's bad year is a result of not being NHL ready and playing on the fourth line, hurting his development. Another year in jr would have been much better.
A guy with 1 goal and is a -29 doesn't exactly strike me as a player who plays at both ends of the ice.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Slatsmsg

I wouldn't do Nio for MPS but that being said, MPS has to move due to the glut of forwards the Oil have vying for top 6 (unless he forces his way in there)

Slatsmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:44 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
This deal makes literally zero sense.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:45 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
What?!
With Respect To PDO.

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Qrispy

Quote:

Paajarvi is good defensively. Troll more.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacheesh View Post
He was drafted higher.
Cool, if that's the case for player value, is it alright if we trade McIlrath for Tarasenko?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:59 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
A guy with 1 goal and is a -29 doesn't exactly strike me as a player who plays at both ends of the ice.
Yeah, not sure if the poster watched Nino this year, but he was a slug. He needs to improve his skating to be an efficient NHL player. He is not good offensively or defensively.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:59 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Cool, if that's the case for player value, is it alright if we trade McIlrath for Tarasenko?
Haha my comment was meant to be a more sarcastic response, I don't think draft position has anything to do with player value. Just that people overvalue Nino because he was taken 5th overall, a lot more shiny than the 10th overall pick. I don't agree with this argument, but many HF users tend to bring it up.

Old
07-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Haha my comment was meant to be a more sarcastic response, I don't think draft position has anything to do with player value. Just that people overvalue Nino because he was taken 5th overall, a lot more shiny than the 10th overall pick. I don't agree with this argument, but many HF users tend to bring it up.
I completely agree with you.

Old
07-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:

Paajarvi's strong defensively, you don't have any idea what you are talking about. Don't you get tiered of trolling Oiler fans by bashing pretty much every player short of the big 3?

To the op, i think it's interesting but kind of pointless. Paajarvi to me has the better offensive game while Nino has the better physical game. Defensively i think Paajarvi has a clear edge, so i take him.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:21 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Paajarvi fell in the draft.

Last edited by lakai17: 07-08-2012 at 12:34 AM.
lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:40 AM
PasDaSquini

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Islanders bend over and take it here
I am sure Islander fans are use to it thanks to Mr.Milbury.

PasDaSquini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:41 AM
NeedMoreJam
Bachelors of Tanking

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
Paajarvi is good defensively. Troll more.
Don't gloss magnus more than he is. He's great on the backcheck because he hustles and he uses his speed. He's lost down low along the boards. Now yea he's going to fill out a little with age, but he doesn't seem to have that fire that a player needs.

I'm an oilers fan but it's not hard to see paajarvi doesn't have it. Obviously I want him to prove me wrong, but I don't see it.

NeedMoreJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:02 AM
SaskOil*
u mad

I wouldn't trade MPS for Nino straight up so I don't see why the Oilers do it unless the NYI draft pick is guaranteed better..

SaskOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:15 AM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 423
I'd love to see it happen just for the potential for the draft pick portion to blow up in a GMs face. Unfortunately I doubt any GM would have the guts to pull it off.

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:27 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slatsmsg View Post
I wouldn't do Nio for MPS but that being said, MPS has to move due to the glut of forwards the Oil have vying for top 6 (unless he forces his way in there)
Why does he have to go? He's a left winger and he's the best one we've got developing in our system by far.

Our only options for 2nd line right wing next season are having either Hemsky or Yakupov play on their off-wing, giving Smyth more minutes than he should be playing or by giving Hartikainen(who isn't a top 6 forward) the slot.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:29 AM
thinkinfeller

I wouldn't give up much for Nino or PRV right now. The swap of draft picks is what makes this trade absurd. Barring another injury riddled season, there is no reason for the Oilers to finish in a lottery position, the Islanders on the other hand will likely pick in the top 5 again next June.

There isn't a fair sample to judge Nino's NHL career so far - he wasn't drafted to play a checking role, and I think his numbers will improve steadily over the next few seasons. I would take NN over PRV because I believe he will be a far more valuable commodity in 3-5 years but at this point neither have proven anything.

thinkinfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:31 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkinfeller View Post
I wouldn't give up much for Nino or PRV right now. The swap of draft picks is what makes this trade absurd. Barring another injury riddled season, there is no reason for the Oilers to finish in a lottery position, the Islanders on the other hand will likely pick in the top 5 again next June.

There isn't a fair sample to judge Nino's NHL career so far - he wasn't drafted to play a checking role, and I think his numbers will improve steadily over the next few seasons. I would take NN over PRV because I believe he will be a far more valuable commodity in 3-5 years but at this point neither have proven anything.
Pretty fair to see it's too soon to judge MPS' career as well.

With the pick swap... wouldn't it be hilarious if the Islanders ended up last and Edmonton ended up second last?

No... well that wouldn't be funny... but it would sure as hell be ironic.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:50 AM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
^maybe, but i think i'd do this deal just because i feel the Isles 1st round pick next year will be higher than ours!
Not quite sure what you could be thinking to make a comment like that. The Islanders have a far deeper cast than the Oilers, a real NHL goaltender, a true superstar that is better than any 2 of your #1 picks combined, and do you really think that Nail Yakupov is gonna make any difference. You're team is destined for another top 3 pick. Enjoy it

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:56 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Yeah I notice Nino going out as a valuable piece while Paajarvi is junk on this section of the boards and I couldn't figure out why.
Perhaps because he is a tad younger and hasn't been offered up by his own fan base in 10 thousand proposals within the last year

The other difference in the anamosity can probably be attributed to islanders (and most other fans) acknowledging that nino was subpar last year while the vast majority of oiled fans ignore his regression and subpar play last year and consider him an elite prospect still that holds value that he simply does not in reality, he may have once been on track with hall and eberle, but has quite clearly fallen way and I mean WAY behind them, and you can't base trade value on what was originally thought of a prospect.

Thats fine if he is still beloved by oiler fans but it doesn't mean teams value him like they would have if he didn't have that regressive year, nor should they. Nino has had less time to prove himself thus he is more valuable. Simple as that

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:46 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
MPS + 1st would have to get Edmonton a clear upgrade on the blueline or an established 2nd line left winger for Edmonton to even consider the deal IMO.
Nathan MacKinnon is on Crosby's level!!

Seth Jones, enough said.

Robert Hgg of Sweden, flashes of Oscar Klfbom.

Offensive defenceman Ryan Pulock from the WHL, 60 points in 71 games. I wonder how many points he'll put up this upcoming season Thadd?

Alexsander Barkov played for the Finnish world junior team at the age of 16. He is also a younger player in the draft born in Sept/95 and playing in the mens league in Finland

Curtis Lazar, Sean Monahan and Elias Lindholm is could become a #1 or #2 center in the NHL, which wouldn't be bad although we'll see how Gagner performs this season with some talent to play with.

J.T. Compher sounds like what the Oilers are in need of? Talented agitator that plays center, although Pitlick is going under the radar.

and you want 2nd line left winger for some reason Thadd?? when we have Hartikainen, Paajarvi, Zharkov and Hamilton battling for the second line left wing job in the near future, I think we're set on left wing?

left winger Hunter Shinkaruk scored 49 goals in 66 games for Medicine Hat, I wonder if he can score a goal a game next season...

Last edited by lakai17: 07-08-2012 at 03:54 AM.
lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote