HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Realistically what do you expect this season from the Wild?

Old
07-07-2012, 11:40 PM
geowild
Mostly Harmless

vCash: 500
It's been flying under the radar a bit with the recent news, but watch out for Heater this year. He had a knee op and said it feels better than it has in 5 or 6 years. He was too young and too fit to have slowed that much to natural causes. . . plus the added attention to Parise, and the puck-moving of Suter. Watch out for Heater.

I think we have a shot at the division, if the injury bug is just average, and lord knows we deserve a year like that after the last few.

However, if we don't capture the division, I'd say 5-6, with a little daylight between us and 7-8.

Having said that, we'll have to see what kind of assets the Canuckleheads get for Luongo --will they be significant current assets, or mostly future assets? That could change the calculation.

Last edited by geowild: 07-07-2012 at 11:47 PM.
geowild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Iowa Wild Fan

I think we are a playoff team 6-8 seed. Not expecting to win a series but this will be the start of a good run.

Iowa Wild Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Seems the general consensus is around 6-8 seed for this season. Which seems pretty realistic to me. I was watching an interview with Parise, and Suter tonight and they said they were excited in what the Wild will look like as a team in 5-6 years. I think we will be pretty damn good much sooner than that.

Blakkmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:57 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkmantis View Post
Seems the general consensus is around 6-8 seed for this season. Which seems pretty realistic to me. I was watching an interview with Parise, and Suter tonight and they said they were excited in what the Wild will look like as a team in 5-6 years. I think we will be pretty damn good much sooner than that.
I said 5th seed!

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Seems the general consensus is around 5-8 seed for this season. Which seems pretty realistic to me. I was watching an interview with Parise, and Suter tonight and they said they were excited in what the Wild will look like as a team in 5-6 years. I think we will be pretty damn good much sooner than that.

Better? lol

Old
07-07-2012, 11:59 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Much!

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:03 AM
geowild
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Seems the general consensus is around 5-8 seed for this season. Which seems pretty realistic to me. I was watching an interview with Parise, and Suter tonight and they said they were excited in what the Wild will look like as a team in 5-6 years. I think we will be pretty damn good much sooner than that.

Better? lol
Dayumn. A consensus seeker on an internet forum! <boggle, boggle>

Beer on me, should we find ourselves co-located simultaneously.

geowild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
A productive season from Koivu would be nice, but seeing a bounceback season from Heater would be even better imo. The guy's been regressing for over four years now and I'm almost starting to wonder if his regression is ever going to stop? 30 goals out of him would be nice, but 35 would be great, just to stick it to all the haters. Hopefully the surgery can help him with his skating at least a tiny bit. If he can just convert on more of the chances that he'll be given, I see no reason why 30 isn't a possibility. Then again, I seem to recall having a comment similar to this one about Heatley last year.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
A productive season from Koivu would be nice, but seeing a bounceback season from Heater would be even better imo. The guy's been regressing for over four years now and I'm almost starting to wonder if his regression is ever going to stop? 30 goals out of him would be nice, but 35 would be great, just to stick it to all the haters. Hopefully the surgery can help him with his skating at least a tiny bit. If he can just convert on more of the chances that he'll be given, I see no reason why 30 isn't a possibility. Then again, I seem to recall having a comment similar to this one about Heatley last year.
Been thinking about Heater myself, and with his involvement in getting Suter, and Parise to come here, add his surgery, and saying he feels better now than he has in years. He might just bust out for a better season. From what I've been reading about him lately he seems to be invigorated for this season to begin. Which I sure like to see.

Old
07-08-2012, 12:17 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 165
Quote:
Been thinking about Heater myself, and with his involvement in getting Suter, and Parise to come here, add his surgery, and saying he feels better now than he has in years. He might just bust out for a better season. From what I've been reading about him lately he seems to be invigorated for this season to begin. Which I sure like to see.
I think the same can be said for Seto too, which is great. Plus, he'll be able to better prepare for this year considering what he went through last summer with the accident. A healthier Seto and Heater could lead to great things. Based on what I've seen on the Shark's boards, Mitchell was good buddies with both guys. It'd be great to see this whole club become one tight group. Gotta wonder what Mitchell thought after seeing the team sign Parise and Suter. It probably confirmed his decision 100 times more.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:19 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Yeah I like Seto, I'm convinced he will be a good player for the Wild, he just never seemed to get on track last season.

In Seto I trust, lol.

Old
07-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

I say the Wild make the playoffs somewhere between a 4th and 7th seed. I see Backstrom and Harding breaking out with some better defense around them. I also think this team is poised to break out in the coming seasons in a major way.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
I think the same can be said for Seto too, which is great. Plus, he'll be able to better prepare for this year considering what he went through last summer with the accident. A healthier Seto and Heater could lead to great things. Based on what I've seen on the Shark's boards, Mitchell was good buddies with both guys. It'd be great to see this whole club become one tight group. Gotta wonder what Mitchell thought after seeing the team sign Parise and Suter. It probably confirmed his decision 100 times more.
Unfortunately, Minnesota bars will never be the same with the triple threat walking around, Seto, Mitchell, and Heatley.

I hope this doesn't turn into another episode like what we saw when we visited San Jose last year though. Seto and Mitchell got into trouble with their teams because they were out late the night before.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:24 AM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

Quote:

If they are healthy and they play in the same line i think Parise-Koivu-Heatley can rack 80-100 together and be one of the top lines. You can laugh if all goes bust again.

WildFinn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:35 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Just found this on the web, had to laugh =)

Old
07-08-2012, 12:35 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Yeah I like Seto, I'm convinced he will be a good player for the Wild, he just never seemed to get on track last season.

In Seto I trust, lol.
To be honest, I think Seto was fairly stunned for quite a while about being signed and traded. That's one of the worst things that could happen. The ink wasn't dry on his contract and he got shipped out. Then the accident made things worse. It helped having Heatley moved here, and I think he got better as the season went on. The former Sharks have got to feel more comfortable now, and the additions of Mitchell, Parise, and Suter probably has them beyond excited.

Old
07-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:

Just found this on the web, had to laugh =)
Inb4 Gopher mad.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Unfortunately, Minnesota bars will never be the same with the triple threat walking around, Seto, Mitchell, and Heatley.

I hope this doesn't turn into another episode like what we saw when we visited San Jose last year though. Seto and Mitchell got into trouble with their teams because they were out late the night before.
Yeah, one Sharks' fan mentioned how the local bars will be happy with those three guys together again. Another posted this.

Quote:
The women in Minny better watch out now that Taco, Seto and Heater are running around again.

Old
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Inb4 Gopher mad.
Poster had me until Minny. -Clone

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Inb4 Gopher mad.
What?

Old
07-08-2012, 12:41 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Minny! Minny! Minny!

Old
07-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Bah, that Minny thing is silly. Some people need to loosen their shorts a little.

Old
07-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Nino Noderreiter

I 100% expect playoffs. If things go as planned and a few of our rooks show up I expect to contend with Vancouver. Call me an optimist

Nino Noderreiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:48 AM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Bah, that Minny thing is silly. Some people need to loosen their shorts a little.
Heck naw. It ain't Minny. We ain't no mouse, and this sure as s#!T ain't Disney World. We can have our own name. And to the ones that spell the M-word with an i instead of a y on the end, may God have mercy on your soul.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:50 AM
Nino Noderreiter

Quote:

Nino Noderreiter is offline   Reply With Quote