HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Blues Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 01:58 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 500
I just read it. "He has been developing in the WHL the past few seasons and has put up average point totals." That might actually be a worse description than Rattie is a rugged and physical player with good size. I can't even come up with where he is getting this from. He must have had him confused with another player. Surely. Even if he's never watched him play, looking at his height and weight, there is no way you can say he's a "rugged and physical player with good size". Also, how exactly is 121 points in 69 games "average"? The writer must have confused him with another player. It's absolutely nonsensical.

Old
07-05-2012, 02:44 PM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

vCash: 50
Pretty bad list IMO and whoever wrote that clearly has no idea who Ty Rattie is.

Old
07-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Bluesnatic27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
I just read it. "He has been developing in the WHL the past few seasons and has put up average point totals." That might actually be a worse description than Rattie is a rugged and physical player with good size. I can't even come up with where he is getting this from. He must have had him confused with another player. Surely. Even if he's never watched him play, looking at his height and weight, there is no way you can say he's a "rugged and physical player with good size". Also, how exactly is 121 points in 69 games "average"? The writer must have confused him with another player. It's absolutely nonsensical.
what the article described to me was Zach Kassian, but no, he was on there, so I really have no idea

Old
07-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
That can be the only conclusion, other than the person who put this together knowing nothing whatsoever about The CHL, USHL, Collegiate Hockey and the European Junior Leagues and The NHL draft.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:46 PM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 View Post
well the Bleacher Report's top 50 prospects list has been released, and according to them, Ty Rattie is a physical and rugged player that really uses his body to his advantage and may crack the top nine with his average point production and will bring a physical edge to the Blues...What. A. Joke...this list is complete non-sense in every sense of the word...I mean...arggg...just read

http://*******************/articles/...2012-nhl-draft
The whole Bleacher Report site is a joke of a scam. The articles are terrible but they seed the Google listings so they often show up first.

I never read their site anymore. Complete waste of clicks.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Memento
Missourian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
The whole Bleacher Report site is a joke of a scam. The articles are terrible but they seed the Google listings so they often show up first.

There are a few good writers on that site who do a lot of research and provide a lot of proof to back up what they're writing (with a huge emphasis on few), but other than that, yeah, I completely agree. Most of them still don't know anything about the subject they're supposed to write about, even after they purged about ninety percent of their writers.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:36 AM
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!

Anyone heard if Junland is going to come back over?

Old
07-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingSlayer View Post
Anyone heard if Junland is going to come back over?
Would that matter to us? Isn't he a free agent now? Or, are his NHL rights still owned by The Blues?

Old
07-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Bluesnatic27

come to think of it, isn't Junland left-handed? maybe trying to sign him back could solve our whole LHD problem...although it's very doubtful he would come back and I doubt he's the "elite'' defense we want, but you never know

Old
07-07-2012, 10:30 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
Oops, wrong season. I don't think Junland will ever come to the NHL.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 View Post
come to think of it, isn't Junland left-handed? maybe trying to sign him back could solve our whole LHD problem...although it's very doubtful he would come back and I doubt he's the "elite'' defense we want, but you never know
He wasn't near being NHL-ready last time we saw him. What makes you think he's NHL-ready now (any more than Cole is)? As a defenceman, his first job is to defend. He was making a LOT of errors, his positioning was inconsistent. He was concentrating too much on his offensive game. He doesn't know how to use his strength and body weight to impede the opponent, from what I saw. He also doesn't seem to want to do what it takes to ensure himself a place in The NHL.

I think his relationship with The Blues has been ruined, in any case, as he appears to think that The Blues have not provided him with a "deserved" opportunity at The NHL level, and The Blues are unhappy with him for his deciding to not stay and play in Peoria, to work his way up into an opportunity to play in The NHL. I think both parties would rather try other options.

Old
07-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Thallis
DO I LOOK ANGRY

vCash: 499
Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
He wasn't near being NHL-ready last time we saw him. What makes you think he's NHL-ready now (any more than Cole is)? As a defenceman, his first job is to defend. He was making a LOT of errors, his positioning was inconsistent. He was concentrating too much on his offensive game. He doesn't know how to use his strength and body weight to impede the opponent, from what I saw. He also doesn't seem to want to do what it takes to ensure himself a place in The NHL.

I think his relationship with The Blues has been ruined, in any case, as he appears to think that The Blues have not provided him with a "deserved" opportunity at The NHL level, and The Blues are unhappy with him for his deciding to not stay and play in Peoria, to work his way up into an opportunity to play in The NHL. I think both parties would rather try other options.
If I recall correctly he was pretty close before he left. He played very well in a few games at the end of his last season and I believe JD said that they had a spot for him on the team after he left.

Old
07-08-2012, 12:14 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Wannstrom hasn't scored a goal in the SEL. He has 2 points, both assists, in 63 games. Is he even worthy of an AHL spot at this point? I don't know much about him, but his talent evaluation on HF reads simply "goal scorer". If he's not scoring goals, this leads me to believe that he may not have a whole lot to offer in the AHL. I suppose time will tell. Does anyone know if he has refined his defensive ability, or added more physicality to his game, or something that would make him valuable as more than just a warm body in Peoria?

Old
07-08-2012, 12:21 AM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

Quote:
Wannstrom hasn't scored a goal in the SEL. He has 2 points, both assists, in 63 games. Is he even worthy of an AHL spot at this point? I don't know much about him, but his talent evaluation on HF reads simply "goal scorer". If he's not scoring goals, this leads me to believe that he may not have a whole lot to offer in the AHL. I suppose time will tell. Does anyone know if he has refined his defensive ability, or added more physicality to his game, or something that would make him valuable as more than just a warm body in Peoria?
He had 8 goals in 43 games this past season.

Old
07-08-2012, 12:27 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
If I recall correctly he was pretty close before he left. He played very well in a few games at the end of his last season and I believe JD said that they had a spot for him on the team after he left.
I don't believe JD ever said anything like that. They wanted to sign him to a 2-way contract, if I recall correctly. I think he stood a good chance to get significant games in the NHL in the following season, if he'd been willing to come earn it. He also would have been paid more by the Blues if he'd stayed. It was a bizarre decision. I believe he went against his agent's advice, too. (Or am I confusing this with Lemtyugov.)

Old
07-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
The SEL is a defence-first league, and they are very stingy with secondary assists on goals. In addition, they are VERY slow to allow young players playing time. So, I am not terribly disheartened at Wänström's lack of scoring to this point. He still has his basic scoring skills intact. He didn't get a LOT of ice time, played mainly on the 4th line, and probably had different linemates a fair amount of the time, not allowing him to mesh well with them. That is NOT to say that his lack of scoring and overall performance was not disappointing. It was. People who watched him closely all season were disappointed.

But, I believe that in Peoria he'll have the chance to win a regular top 6 forward position, and chance to apply his skills, and develop them more. Peoria is a development-oriented team. His SEL team is a Major League team, that needs to win every game possible, and is less willing to take more risk in the short run to develop careers of its players.

I am very curious to see how he'll do in Peoria. I am also curious to see how Jaskin will do this coming season.

Old
07-08-2012, 12:50 AM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
The SEL is a defence-first league, and they are very stingy with secondary assists on goals. In addition, they are VERY slow to allow young players playing time. So, I am not terribly disheartened at Wänström's lack of scoring to this point. He still has his basic scoring skills intact. He didn't get a LOT of ice time, played mainly on the 4th line, and probably had different linemates a fair amount of the time, not allowing him to mesh well with them. That is NOT to say that his lack of scoring and overall performance was not disappointing. It was. People who watched him closely all season were disappointed.

But, I believe that in Peoria he'll have the chance to win a regular top 6 forward position, and chance to apply his skills, and develop them more. Peoria is a development-oriented team. His SEL team is a Major League team, that needs to win every game possible, and is less willing to take more risk in the short run to develop careers of its players.

I am very curious to see how he'll do in Peoria. I am also curious to see how Jaskin will do this coming season.
Yep. I'm not concerned. He hasn't achieved as much as a few guys chosen behind him, including a couple on his own team in the SEL, but I liked what I saw from him in the WJC. Far from a guarantee, but he's a quality prospect and I love the something-to-prove attitude. But there is a big difference between just two assists (as was believed), and 8 goals and fifteen points in a season. It seems it's easy for folks to misread a stat-line and let their imaginations run wild.

Old
07-08-2012, 12:55 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
Lol you're right. My bad. I just took a shortcut and looked at Wikipedia and it only gave stats up to 10-11. Still wish HF would've been a little more in depth with their description. I should've checked elite prospects. Their description of Wannstrom is as follows: "Wännström is a strong-skating and technically skilled player that creates a lot of space, not only for himself, but also for his teammates. Usually puts up a good amount of points on the board and enough all-round to be used on a scoring line as well as on a checking line. " Much more helpful.

Old
07-08-2012, 02:20 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Lol you're right. My bad. I just took a shortcut and looked at Wikipedia and it only gave stats up to 10-11. Still wish HF would've been a little more in depth with their description. I should've checked elite prospects. Their description of Wannstrom is as follows: "Wännström is a strong-skating and technically skilled player that creates a lot of space, not only for himself, but also for his teammates. Usually puts up a good amount of points on the board and enough all-round to be used on a scoring line as well as on a checking line. " Much more helpful.
Never use Wikipedia. Just type the player's name and type "hockey db" after it. Their stats are always up-to-date (including Juniors and tournaments, and provide draft info as well.

Old
07-08-2012, 02:46 AM
sdaltons

So Walters, MacEachern, and Rattie have all tweeted about heading to St. Louis tomorrow. Just curious if anyone knows anything about what they'll be doing when they're here. If there's any kind of public skate or practice, I'd love to attend.

Old
07-08-2012, 02:54 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaltons View Post
So Walters, MacEachern, and Rattie have all tweeted about heading to St. Louis tomorrow. Just curious if anyone knows anything about what they'll be doing when they're here. If there's any kind of public skate or practice, I'd love to attend.
The Blues hold an orientation session with all rookies, to go over what they expect of them over the summer in the way of nutrition and training. The players will meet with Nelson Ayotte, as well.

Old
07-08-2012, 05:35 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post

Bleacher Report? 'nuff said

Old
07-08-2012, 05:41 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Oops, wrong season. I don't think Junland will ever come to the NHL.
I don't see it happening either and Jori Lehtera, for that matter.

Old
07-09-2012, 12:05 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
Perron didn't know about the orientation and showed up, then decided to take the rooks out to lunch. Pietrangelo heard and decided he wanted a free meal as well lol.

I love our team's chemistry. Reminded me of when Holliday took the Cardinal rookies out.

Old
07-09-2012, 12:30 PM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Perron didn't know about the orientation and showed up, then decided to take the rooks out to lunch. Pietrangelo heard and decided he wanted a free meal as well lol.

I love our team's chemistry. Reminded me of when Holliday took the Cardinal rookies out.
Saw that as well, its cool to see Perron and Petro talking with the younger guys and probably letting them know what they need to do to be prepared to make the jump. Also good to see that Hakaanpa is in town as well even though he is playing another year overseas.

Closed Thread