HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

LH Defenseman

Old
07-04-2012, 11:11 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
In what ways, in your opniion, is Woywitka an upgrade over Huskins?
I just think he is the better bad player. Neither one is all that great, just Woywitka is less bad than Huskins. Huskins was beyond exposed in the playoffs. Woywitka's name and entertainment value is also a huge plus for me.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Bluesnatic27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I just think he is the better bad player. Neither one is all that great, just Woywitka is less bad than Huskins. Huskins was beyond exposed in the playoffs. Woywitka's name and entertainment value is also a huge plus for me.
i have to agree with this statement, even on the entertaining name part, but from the looks of it, Huskins is a more defensive defensemen while Woywitka has a more offensive flare to his game, and while Woywitka is probably better, I still like Huskins a great deal

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:19 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Ignoring salary and the cost in trade, I'd be OK with Bouwmeester on the Blues with a 2-year contract. I think a bit of hyperbole has crept into the discussion. I think Hitchcock could make good use of him, and he's certainly a significant upgrade over Colaiacovo.

However, with his contract, he has minimal trade value. Its not the worst contract in the league, but it negates most of his value in trade in my opinion. I wouldn't want my team to part with anything significant to acquire him.

If Armstrong found a way to get Bouwmeester, I'd be interested to see how the defensive pairings were sorted out. But I suspect any interest he's been expressing has been contingent on not paying a ridiculous price. Someone is going to pay Calgary for him, and I really don't think it will be the Blues.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 07:45 PM
puckerdude10

Quote:
Ignoring salary and the cost in trade, I'd be OK with Bouwmeester on the Blues with a 2-year contract. I think a bit of hyperbole has crept into the discussion. I think Hitchcock could make good use of him, and he's certainly a significant upgrade over Colaiacovo.

However, with his contract, he has minimal trade value. Its not the worst contract in the league, but it negates most of his value in trade in my opinion. I wouldn't want my team to part with anything significant to acquire him.

If Armstrong found a way to get Bouwmeester, I'd be interested to see how the defensive pairings were sorted out. But I suspect any interest he's been expressing has been contingent on not paying a ridiculous price. Someone is going to pay Calgary for him, and I really don't think it will be the Blues.
I agree with this. It is a very well worded point that kind of clarifys where the problems are with J bow and aquiring him. I for some reason think he would do well here. I havent seen him play in awhile but I remember thinking when he went to calgary and signed on with them that he was an idiot and it would hurt him in the long run. For some reason my gut is telling me if he came here he would find his game again and maybe bring it up a notch. Not saying he would become elite but I think he would do well. However that is only his actual play I am talking about. His contract on the other hand would be what scares me. This year I am confident it could be manueverd around the year after is what concerns me. Now I know Armstrong is great and would be able to figure it out but how much do we really think it would hamstring us next year. That is where his value takes a hit however if it came to light that we could handle his salary the next couple of years without problems I think he is a viable 3rd or 4th option at this point if no other trades are available.

puckerdude10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Stang

Darren Dreger
Working on details. Matt Carle is closing in on a deal with Tampa Bay Lightning.
less than 1 minute ago from Twitter for BlackBerry®

Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang View Post
Darren Dreger
Working on details. Matt Carle is closing in on a deal with Tampa Bay Lightning.
less than 1 minute ago from Twitter for BlackBerry®
6 yrs-33mil

I'm glad the Blues didn't go full retard in the UFA market, good lord.

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Anderson55

Is TJ Oshie available for the right price??
Think the Blues would be interested in a Tj for Simon Depres swap? can be Piet's long term D partner?

pens add a pick or spec? thoughts?

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson55 View Post
Is TJ Oshie available for the right price??
Think the Blues would be interested in a Tj for Simon Depres swap? can be Piet's long term D partner?

pens add a pick or spec? thoughts?
Oshie has significantly more value than Després, so it is a non-starter.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:13 AM
Bluezfan65

Any opinions on signing Gragnani? Maybe a low risk move? I was looking for options and saw that Van didn't send an offer sheet making him a UFA. If nothing else he statistically looks good for the rivermen.

Reading further into it it seems he is a defensive liability with an offensive upside. Wouldn't really fit the system.... oh well

Last edited by Bluezfan65: 07-08-2012 at 03:25 AM.
Bluezfan65 is offline   Reply With Quote