HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nino for Magnus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-08-2012, 03:56 AM
  #51
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job
 
Leafs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond Hill
Country: Romania
Posts: 4,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Outsider saying I'd much rather have Nino. Plus I think Edmonton will be better than NYI this year. So...

Nino>Magnus
NYI 1st>EDM 1st
I could see people disagreeing on both of those. Magnus had a good rookie season and may rebound, we haven't seen anything from nino.

Also for the firsts is a stupid idea in general, both could be top 5 picks. Edmonton has great offense but could finish in the basement with that defense. Nyi is just filled with question marks IMO. So imagine a situation where one team surprisingly makes the play offs and the other team bottom 5, and the team that made the play offs also get the better player long term

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:24 AM
  #52
oilWILDcountry
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Nathan MacKinnon is on Crosby's level!!

Seth Jones, enough said.

Robert Hägg of Sweden, flashes of Oscar Klfbom.

Offensive defenceman Ryan Pulock from the WHL, 60 points in 71 games. I wonder how many points he'll put up this upcoming season Thadd?

Alexsander Barkov played for the Finnish world junior team at the age of 16. He is also a younger player in the draft born in Sept/95 and playing in the mens league in Finland

Curtis Lazar, Sean Monahan and Elias Lindholm is could become a #1 or #2 center in the NHL, which wouldn't be bad although we'll see how Gagner performs this season with some talent to play with.

J.T. Compher sounds like what the Oilers are in need of? Talented agitator that plays center, although Pitlick is going under the radar.

and you want 2nd line left winger for some reason Thadd?? when we have Hartikainen, Paajarvi, Zharkov and Hamilton battling for the second line left wing job in the near future, I think we're set on left wing?

left winger Hunter Shinkaruk scored 49 goals in 66 games for Medicine Hat, I wonder if he can score a goal a game next season...
I don't understand what you're trying to say?

oilWILDcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:30 AM
  #53
Dr Danglefest
Vindication
 
Dr Danglefest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beantown
Country: United States
Posts: 2,275
vCash: 500
Seems like he is saying finishing near the bottom yet again would solve roster problems?

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:44 AM
  #54
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,215
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
To Edmonton:

Nino Niederreiter
2013 1st round draft pick

To New York(I):

Magnus Paajarvi
2013 1st round draft pick

Why the 1st round draft picks? The 2013 draft is looking strong and this makes things interesting for both clubs that are rebuilding.
http://lastwordonsports.com/2012/07/...ects-for-2013/

Nathan MacKinnon and Seth Jones 2013 Sweepstakes!!
Not even tempting.

I like Nino's physical,chippy play.I'd expect from Morrrow and Snow's comments, that he will be sent to Bridgeport for a half a season or the whole season.
The Kabanov-Nelson-Nino line will get a chance to develop chemistry.


Unfortunately, the Isles gm as already indicated they will be a cap floor team in 2012-2013,counting on getting more consistent secondary scoring,from guys like Grabner,KO and Bailey.This pisses off the diehards because the inconsistent scoring from those players hurt the team last season.

Edmonton's owner will spend more,so they have a good chance to climb up the standings,out of Jones/McKinnon territory.I guess that's the reason for this fantasy proposal,that Snow passes on?


Last edited by CREW99AW: 07-08-2012 at 04:54 AM.
CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:48 AM
  #55
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,215
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by PasDaSquini View Post
I am sure Islander fans are use to it thanks to Mr.Milbury.
We are not use to it, with the conservative Snow.

Gotta come up with a better answer then 'Milbury would have done this deal'.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:55 AM
  #56
oilWILDcountry
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
Seems like he is saying finishing near the bottom yet again would solve roster problems?
Yah, seems like he's obssesed with prospects/young players. You'd think at some point, we'd have to start getting some vets, eh? ... some people just get caught up in all the shiny new toys i guess.

oilWILDcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:07 AM
  #57
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
The Oilers Best
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Nino is MUCH better than MPS. Even though Nino had a horrible year offensively, he still hits and plays at both ends of the ice while if MPS doesn't have the puck he is useless.

Nino's bad year is a result of not being NHL ready and playing on the fourth line, hurting his development. Another year in jr would have been much better.
You know for someone that likes to talk about Oilers players in the general threads it's painfully obvious that you don't have a clue about them. Either you are trying to stir the pot, really don't have a clue how to evaluate players, or you are thinking of other players when giving your player "reports". Your bolded comment would be like an Oilers fan saying that the Sedin's aren't very good on the cycle, it'd be horse **** and no less true than the bolded statement that you made above. Moral of the story know wth you are talking about before chiming in.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:12 AM
  #58
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
The Oilers Best
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
Perhaps because he is a tad younger and hasn't been offered up by his own fan base in 10 thousand proposals within the last year

The other difference in the anamosity can probably be attributed to islanders (and most other fans) acknowledging that nino was subpar last year while the vast majority of oiled fans ignore his regression and subpar play last year and consider him an elite prospect still that holds value that he simply does not in reality, he may have once been on track with hall and eberle, but has quite clearly fallen way and I mean WAY behind them, and you can't base trade value on what was originally thought of a prospect.

Thats fine if he is still beloved by oiler fans but it doesn't mean teams value him like they would have if he didn't have that regressive year, nor should they. Nino has had less time to prove himself thus he is more valuable. Simple as that
Both players value dropped last year, saying otherwise is nothing but ignorance or bias. Personally I wouldn't make this trade, however I would like to acquire Nino if Snow wanted to move him. Both should be solid NHLers if they can get back up and dust themselves up. Paajarvi had a strong postseason for OKC and was their leading scorer in each of their last 2 series. It's far too early to give up on either player IMO.

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:24 AM
  #59
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,215
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Both players value dropped last year, saying otherwise is nothing but ignorance or bias. Personally I wouldn't make this trade, however I would like to acquire Nino if Snow wanted to move him. Both should be solid NHLers if they can get back up and dust themselves up. Paajarvi had a strong postseason for OKC and was their leading scorer in each of their last 2 series. It's far too early to give up on either player IMO.
Why would Snow be looking to move the 6'3 19 r old,who's physical and chippy play is needed in Snow's top 6?

Paajarvi is not bumping left wings Moulson,Grabner or Bailey out the top 3 lw spots.Kabanov and Ullstrom will be either on LI or Bridgeport pushng for a spot.I doubt Snow has interest in Paajarvi.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:59 AM
  #60
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,065
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Not even tempting.

Edmonton's owner will spend more,so they have a good chance to climb up the standings,out of Jones/McKinnon territory.I guess that's the reason for this fantasy proposal,that Snow passes on?
Snow would pass on it?

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:16 AM
  #61
Wilch
Unregistered User
 
Wilch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Under your bed
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 8,918
vCash: 500
Trade makes no sense.

Their values are close IMO, but they're both LHS wingers, both listed at 6'2 and 205lb. One is two years younger and picked 5 spots higher, both lottery picks nonetheless.

Might've made sense if it was a D for C/W swap.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:48 AM
  #62
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,215
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Snow would pass on it?
C'mon.

The Oilers,without the NYI budget woes,are gonna easily outspend the NYI.
I like the Oilers chances for climbing up the 2012-2013 standings, a lot better then the Isles chances.I hate to say it because I want the isles in the playoffs, but they are much more likely to be in running for Jones/McKinnon then the 8th playoff seed,which you clearly realize

And the isles need Nino's chippy,physical play in their top 6,more then they need Paajarvi.
Paajarvi's not bumping Moulson,Grabner or Bailey off the top 3 lw spots. Kabanov/Ullstrom are in the wings on lw.

Okposo's better at puck pursuit and boardwork then Nino,but Nino's chippier.

Yeah,Snow passes.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:20 AM
  #63
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty
 
Gritzky98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
Not quite sure what you could be thinking to make a comment like that. The Islanders have a far deeper cast than the Oilers, a real NHL goaltender, a true superstar that is better than any 2 of your #1 picks combined, and do you really think that Nail Yakupov is gonna make any difference. You're team is destined for another top 3 pick. Enjoy it
Oilers have much more offensive depth then the Islanders.

Your goaltending is just as bad as the Oilers.

LOL at Tavares being better then two of the big 4 combined.

Yea Yakupov will make a difference. Don't see how adding one of the best prospect in the world wouldn't do that...

The islanders have been in the lottery the past 5 years, so I guess the Oilers will see you there as well
Troll

Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:27 AM
  #64
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy
 
Mystifo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: YYT
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
this has to be a first! a guy who scored 1 point in 55 games and had a -29 is better than a guy who's at least had one fairly good NHL season of 15 goals and 19 assists and was a much better -13. not buying it and i'm a Nino fan.
Counter Offer.


Komisareak for Paajarvi I mean Komisareak has had more good year than Magnus so I guess Komi > Paajarvi.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:28 AM
  #65
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy
 
Mystifo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: YYT
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post
Oilers have much more offensive depth then the Islanders.

Your goaltending is just as bad as the Oilers.

LOL at Tavares being better then two of the big 4 combined.

Yea Yakupov will make a difference. Don't see how adding one of the best prospect in the world wouldn't do that...

The islanders have been in the lottery the past 5 years, so I guess the Oilers will see you there as well
Troll
I did not know Yakupov changed his last name to Granlund?

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:30 AM
  #66
Izzy
Moderator
FollowmeonInstagram!
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
this has to be a first! a guy who scored 1 point in 55 games and had a -29 is better than a guy who's at least had one fairly good NHL season of 15 goals and 19 assists and was a much better -13. not buying it and i'm a Nino fan.
Thanks for quoting the rest of my post bud!

Izzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:34 AM
  #67
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
Perhaps because he is a tad younger and hasn't been offered up by his own fan base in 10 thousand proposals
I had no idea that is how pro scouts for NHL teams assessed trade value. Just sift through HF trade boards and find the players dangled most frequently, then talk to your GM and explain how they can be had for cheap because their fan base wants them moved. Can't wait until Rick Nash goes for a conditional 7th rounder, that guy has 10 proposal threads.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:55 PM
  #68
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
Perhaps because he is a tad younger and hasn't been offered up by his own fan base in 10 thousand proposals within the last year
He is 1 yr younger and that makes no relevance to trade value if we go by the # of threads created on trade board. Nino was pure garbage last year and his stock dropped a lot since he was rushed in the NHL. He had a worse statline than Paul Bisonette, while averaging nearly 10 mins per game.

Quote:
The other difference in the anamosity can probably be attributed to islanders (and most other fans) acknowledging that nino was subpar last year while the vast majority of oiled fans ignore his regression and subpar play last year and consider him an elite prospect still that holds value that he simply does not in reality, he may have once been on track with hall and eberle, but has quite clearly fallen way and I mean WAY behind them, and you can't base trade value on what was originally thought of a prospect.
Again, this does not equate Nino being better than Paajarvi. It's basically a group of opposing fans picking apart the Oilers for a selective few voices on the trade sections. lol. Fans here gang up on Leafs, Oilers, Rangers fans for a selective few on the trade boards and it is pretty sad.

Quote:
Thats fine if he is still beloved by oiler fans but it doesn't mean teams value him like they would have if he didn't have that regressive year, nor should they. Nino has had less time to prove himself thus he is more valuable. Simple as that
Nino has proved absolutely nothing in the NHL. Even when you watch him play, he has no skating ability, zero offensive instincts and is piss poor defensively. Paajarvi is better than him in all facets of the game and he isn't fully developed. I am confused on why a player who has struggled immediately is worth more than a player that has actually shown glimpses of a NHL player.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:13 PM
  #69
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,215
vCash: 725
Quote:
Nino was pure garbage last year and his stock dropped a lot since he was rushed in the NHL.

So you've been in contact with NHL gms and know Nino's trade value?


Quote:
Nino has proved absolutely nothing in the NHL. Even when you watch him play, he has no skating ability, zero offensive instincts and is piss poor defensively. Paajarvi is better than him in all facets of the game and he isn't fully developed.
Careful,your Ranger bias is showing here.

I do enjoy how 21 yr old Paajarvi is still developing,but 19 yr old Nino is done developing.

Quote:
I am confused on why a player who has struggled immediately is worth more than a player that has actually shown glimpses of a NHL player
Isles don't want Paajarvi.He's not bumping Moulson/Grabner/Bailey out of the top 3 lw spots.Isles have Kabanov+Ullstrom playing lw and they will be in the mix.

Isles need Nino's physical,chippy play more then they need Paajarvi.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:15 PM
  #70
SweYote
Registered User
 
SweYote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lund, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,697
vCash: 500
I would stay away if I was NYI, because this deal would mean they're going to finish last overall.

Seriously though, I believe more in Nino but it's pretty close between them.

SweYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:18 PM
  #71
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,158
vCash: 500
Edmonton get bent over ! Unless I'm missing something.

Magnus > Nino

* Picks will be close

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:18 PM
  #72
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User
 
Kevin8se7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,342
vCash: 500
In terms of value:
MPS > worst statistical player in the NHL

Dipietro had twice as many points in half as many games... Lol

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:34 PM
  #73
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I do enjoy how 21 yr old Paajarvi is still developing,but 19 yr old Nino is done developing.
They're both developing and they've both taken hits in their development. At least Paajarvi however showed something of value in his first year as a successful rookie player.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:59 PM
  #74
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,215
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Edmonton get bent over ! Unless I'm missing something.

Magnus > Nino

* Picks will be close

What you are missing is the Oilers will be opening their checkbook,spending to improve their roster.They have a good chance to climb the standings.

Wang's content to hug the cap floor until 2015.Isles will be a cap floor team.Maybe below the cap floor unless the new cba stops Wang's tricks.
Which team is likely to be looking at Jones/McKinnon next June?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:01 PM
  #75
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,215
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
They're both developing and they've both taken hits in their development. At least Paajarvi however showed something of value in his first year as a successful rookie player.
Judging by your previous Nino comments,I thought the 19 yr old was done developing.

And if the Isles were after Paajarvi,his development would matter to me.They aren't.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.