HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Maxim Kitsyn

Old
07-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 500
Maxim Kitsyn

I have a few questions about him (for those who have seen him play this season):

1. How did he play this past season? I know he only had 3 points. Was that due to limited ice time? Or did he just not play well?

2. Did he or is he going to re-sign in the KHL for 2012-2013? Or does he plan to come back to North America?

Thanks!

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:42 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Haven't seen him playing, but his stats show that he didn't exactly get much playing time, but Slepyshev did do more in even less playing time so I guess you can't say he deserves more ice time.

http://en.khl.ru/players/15277/

Anyway, his team is in severe financial difficulties, if the team manages to pull through I imagine local kids will have even more of a chance to brake through than even before. And he still has a valid contract for next season so unless team goes bust he'll stay in the K.

ozo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Evgeny Oliker

Thanks ozo!

For those who have seen him play, how did he look? Do you feel he has any NHL upside as even a 2nd line player or not really? What are his weaknesses right now?

Thx

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny Oliker View Post
Thanks ozo!

For those who have seen him play, how did he look? Do you feel he has any NHL upside as even a 2nd line player or not really? What are his weaknesses right now?

Thx
I caught a few games with him last year. He didn't get much ice time, probably because he screwed up in earlier games. There is really not much to say- he looked underwhelming, trying to make simple plays- most of them failing partly because of teammates, partly because of him.

Last year showed that he is not as talented as first thought, although he used to be good by being one of the hardest working guys on the ice, with good decisions. His confidence was shot at some point, because I did not even see that anymore.

He would be a good compliment player on a 3rd line at his peak, but I don't see more than that from him. Talent is just not really there, so only if he gets back to working really hard on the ice.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Acallabeth
Seriously coach?

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
His hockey wasn't KHL level this year. He was slow (and a bad skater overall), didn't work hard enough (which was an unpleasunt surprise), didn't show any creativity and couldn't use his size or good stickhandling skills.
Also he majorly played on the 4th line (however, Fisenko/Slepyshev/Mitryakov/whoever played there as well all looked better), MNk is a defensive team and generally KHL hockey isn't what he is best suited for. He was also rumoured not to be liked by the coach.

I'd disagree with Fulcrum about him suddenly being not talented, he couldn't have instantly lost his hands, but he was obviously unwilling to work at his weaker skills and was softworking overall.

I will be vastly surprised if he makes the NHL.

Acallabeth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
His hockey wasn't KHL level this year. He was slow (and a bad skater overall), didn't work hard enough (which was an unpleasunt surprise), didn't show any creativity and couldn't use his size or good stickhandling skills.
Also he majorly played on the 4th line (however, Fisenko/Slepyshev/Mitryakov/whoever played there as well all looked better), MNk is a defensive team and generally KHL hockey isn't what he is best suited for. He was also rumoured not to be liked by the coach.

I'd disagree with Fulcrum about him suddenly being not talented, he couldn't have instantly lost his hands, but he was obviously unwilling to work at his weaker skills and was softworking overall.

I will be vastly surprised if he makes the NHL.
I don't ever remember Kitsyn even having Good hands. It was OK for a player of Russian school, but even U18 when he played with Kuznetsov and Tarasenko, he was behind technically and it was very visible. It was clear at that point that he's not nearly as talented. I believe he played on 3rd/4th line in U18 tournament. He showed flashes of moves here and there once in a while, but it was more of a coincidence than anything else, he never did it with any consistency.

Kitsyn was a hard worker in practice, and that is how he got to his level. Hard work payed off in skills too- he even said it himself.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 03:09 AM
Acallabeth
Seriously coach?

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
I don't ever remember Kitsyn even having Good hands. It was OK for a player of Russian school, but even U18 when he played with Kuznetsov and Tarasenko, he was behind technically and it was very visible. It was clear at that point that he's not nearly as talented. I believe he played on 3rd/4th line in U18 tournament. He showed flashes of moves here and there once in a while, but it was more of a coincidence than anything else, he never did it with any consistency.
While he obviously isn't at Kuznetsov or Tarasenko's top level of talent, Max has often shown good moves and ability to control puck, I don't think it was a coincidence, just young player's ups and downs.

Acallabeth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Atas2000

I was surprised by the hype in NA about him in the first place. He complemented Kuznetsov well at WJC but that's it. He's never the caliber of Kuznetsov for example just to compare. If it works out well for him he could become a solid 2-4 liner.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:39 AM
pouskin74*

I think he should move to NA because the North American hockey style is more suitable for him. Will see what he can do in next season.

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote