HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs/Blues

Old
07-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Wait... so you'd trade Halak for Rynnas, a 2nd and a 4th??? Where do we sign?

As for the rest of your comment. Gunnarsson is far more valuable to the Leafs than Stewart would be, and with Rattie, you're comparing a project to a player who's 1 year removed from 30 goals in the NHL combined with being one of the best defensive forwards on the team.
Not exactly, maybe if Jake Allen could prove to be able to handle NHL play but not right now when Elliot would be our starter. In the future possibly.

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:57 AM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
Not exactly, maybe if Jake Allen could prove to be able to handle NHL play but not right now when Elliot would be our starter. In the future possibly.
Then why did you say Halak = Rynnas + 2nd + 4th?

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Quote:
Then why did you say Halak = Rynnas + 2nd + 4th?
I meant they were equal in value, but not an option for us right now considering the other goaltending on our team.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:03 AM
BlueSinceBirth

Quote:
I meant they were equal in value, but not an option for us right now considering the other goaltending on our team.
They are not equal in value. Halak is on a pretty nice contract for a starting goalie and draft picks are a crapshoot. We have quite a few prospect goalies so Rynnas doesn't do much either.

BlueSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Bluester

Dear Toronto fans please find another teams fanbase to bug with your trade offers. The ones with St. Louis are always a no from us...yes that's still a big fat NO from us once again.

Bluester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSinceBirth View Post
They are not equal in value. Halak is on a pretty nice contract for a starting goalie and draft picks are a crapshoot. We have quite a few prospect goalies so Rynnas doesn't do much either.
The prospect goalies we have are what make this trade eventually doable though. Soon one of these goalies is eventually going to be starter quality and once that time hits we can get picks for a goalie to make room for another.

That's why I said it's not a trade we'd do right now, but possibly in the future

Old
07-08-2012, 11:30 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grouch View Post
I'm not disputing Gunnarson's abilities, I think he is a very good defenseman. However, I'm not sold on the idea that he is what the Blues need to fill their top pairing LD position. Also, if this thread is a guide, it appears the price to obtain him would be pretty steep.
It'd be really tough to get him, since the Leafs have nobody else to fill his role. He's the best two way defenceman on the team, by a wide margin.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:52 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Well this are always somewhat entertaining.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:58 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
If a deal like that doesn't work for St. Louis, then they're not equal in value. To be equal in value, a team would have to be indecisive to making the trade.

Old
07-08-2012, 12:01 PM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Hahaahahhhahaha.

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:02 PM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
Halak=Rynnas&2ndpick&4thpick
Stewart>>>Gunnarson
Ty Rattie?Kulemin (hard to say, =?)

Anyway trade is already favoring the leafs without the pick. The only think here useful is Gunnarson because hes a lefty but this trade is an absolute no-go
Nope

Halak= Rynnas + 2nd + 4th
Gunnarsson>>>Stewart
Kulemin>Rattie

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
Nope

Halak= Rynnas + 2nd + 4th
Gunnarsson>>>Stewart
Kulemin>Rattie
Funniest joke I've heard all day

Old
07-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Community
Former TMLKesselftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Robot View Post
Or how about you offer pieces that wont just be AHL depth to St. Louis for Stewart? The only assets Toronto has that hold value to STL are
1) Kessel(but not as much as you think since we are loaded with wingers)
2) Gardiner if he players the left side could develop into a good Coliacovo replacement.

And right now we aren't really interested in moving roster players to fill holes so if you want to trade Gardiner for a first and third just let us know.

Can we stop with the "Toronto has no assets" crap

In addition to Kessel and Gardiner, I'm sure the Blues would be interested in other players such as: Phaneuf, Rielly, Kadri, Grabovski, Kulimen, Gunnarson, Lupul, etc. Every team in the league has valuable assets, so can we stop saying Toronto doesn't?

Community is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:08 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLKesselftw View Post

In addition to Kessel and Gardiner, I'm sure the Blues would be interested in other players such as: Phaneuf, Rielly, Kadri, Grabovski, Kulimen, Gunnarson, Lupul, etc. Every team in the league has valuable assets, so can we stop saying Toronto doesn't?
Do you have anyone that can be a #1 center for us? How bout a top pairing defenseman that can fit into our salary structure?

There are very few players around the league that fit what we need.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:

Maybe that gets said because Toronto fans always make insane proposals that land them star players without giving up significant assets? The blues get bent over hardcore in this proposal. I wouldn't trade Halak for that entire package, let alone throw in Stewart and Rattie. Quantity does not equal quality

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:25 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

This is another bad proposal. Please, Leaf fans, stop including the Blues in your proposals. We just aren't good trading partners at this time.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Community
Former TMLKesselftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Maybe that gets said because Toronto fans always make insane proposals that land them star players without giving up significant assets? The blues get bent over hardcore in this proposal. I wouldn't trade Halak for that entire package, let alone throw in Stewart and Rattie. Quantity does not equal quality
I wasn't talking about the original proposal, I think it is pretty bad too... And there are sooooo many leafs fans on this board, you don't think we'll have a few more bad proposals from our fans then a team like Phoenix's fans?

Old
07-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Community
Former TMLKesselftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Do you have anyone that can be a #1 center for us? How bout a top pairing defenseman that can fit into our salary structure?

There are very few players around the league that fit what we need.
A remark like this makes a lot more sense, instead of "The only assets Toronto has that hold value to STL are:"

To me what you're saying is equivalent to TOR fans saying we don't need to trade for a RWer like Marian Hossa because we have Kessel and it would cost to much. While what was said before is more like "Marian Hossa would not help Toronto" which is not true... maybe I misread it, but that's how I took the statement.

Old
07-08-2012, 01:09 PM
trublu16

Quote:

It has nothing to do with if your organization has any assets or not. It has to do with what the team you are dealing with needs. And do you have what they need or desire to have on their team. As it has been said before #1 center and #2 LHD dman to partner with Petro, those would be the needs of the Blues. Now I get that someone may think that you have that, but the Blues do not think you have those pieces. Hence the denial every time that you guys keep trying to pawn off Gunnarson onto the Blues. Personally, I am so sick of the actually crap offers that keep sending Gunnarson over to St. Louis. Here is an idea, if we, as a a fan base, have said no to a certain player before. Don't try to keep forcing him down our throats. We have said no to Gunnarson before and apparently we have to say it again.

At this time, we make HORRIBLE trading partners!!

trublu16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:22 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

cmon man

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:48 PM
TimtheDJ84

vCash: 560
Short answer no..long answer nooooooooooooo. Seriously though, Halak is on a good contract and Elliott is the perfect number 2. No desire to trade him.

TimtheDJ84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:51 PM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 1152
Counter garbage proposal, kessel for cstew and a 3rd. Basically the concept of garbage we've been proposed.

ManyIdeas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Quote:
If a deal like that doesn't work for St. Louis, then they're not equal in value. To be equal in value, a team would have to be indecisive to making the trade.
If Halak was still in Montreal, this trade would make sense for them since they have price. So yes.

Old
07-08-2012, 02:06 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
If Halak was still in Montreal, this trade would make sense for them since they have price. So yes.
But he's not...We're talking reality here.

Furthermore, if he were in Montreal, it wouldn't make sense for them, because they can do better.

Old
07-08-2012, 02:10 PM
FormerRedwingFan
Sarcastic User Name

Quote:

My take on this isn't that Toronto "Doesn't have assets" I think Burke is doing an OK job of improving the depth and prospect pool. Its that Toronto fans seem to think: hey this guy is 8th 9th on our depth chart so I will propose for the 7th 8th guy on your depth chart, not seeming to understand that the depth charts for your team are not equal to most other teams. Lots of mismanagement for many years have left you with a lot of boom bust players or players with horrid contracts that other teams do not value. A lot of proposals also seem to return no value or make little sense for the other team. Unless you guys are going to include some significant assets like Kessel Gardiner in your proposal instead of depth players on a team with depth issues I don't think you should be surprised by the response.

FormerRedwingFan is offline   Reply With Quote