HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tb - tor

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-08-2012, 11:33 AM
  #26
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Look at the games played
2010 82 games
2011 65 games
2012 64 games

Thats the reason, unlucky injuries past few seasons.

He isn't the Rocket Richard winner he once was, but the playoff run shows how dominant he can still be 19 points in 18 games in 2010.
Then look at his points per game
08-09 .87
09-10 .85
10-11 .83
11-12 .77

While not terrible he has been declining, with 8 years left at 7,727,273 per season isn't great.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:34 AM
  #27
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Look at the games played
2010 82 games
2011 65 games
2012 64 games

Thats the reason, unlucky injuries past few seasons.

He isn't the Rocket Richard winner he once was, but the playoff run shows how dominant he can still be 19 points in 18 games in 2010.
Maybe, but I'd be very nervous about trading for Vinny, especially going into a new CBA. Obviously this doesn't mean Tampa has any reason to deal him for cap relief, but his contract makes him very risky.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:36 AM
  #28
PoundCake
Go Bolts!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:40 AM
  #29
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
great post

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:44 AM
  #30
Inverted
Registered User
 
Inverted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 2,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
Lol, do people realize that Connolly is only signed till this year, why in the world would we take on a bad salary on a longer term like Lecavlier, just so we can get off one bad contract for one year?
This.

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:46 AM
  #31
HedMonster 77
Registered User
 
HedMonster 77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
Lol, do people realize that Connolly is only signed till this year, why in the world would we take on a bad salary on a longer term like Lecavlier, just so we can get off one bad contract for one year?

People can laugh they want but this would be bad deal for Toronto considering all the factors(contact, cap-hit, age) even if Lecavlier would easily be our best C. I think I speak for all logicl Leafs fans when I say we had rather have Connolly on one year contract worth of 4 mil than Lecavlier's contract at near 8 mil for next decade.

Bad deal for Toronto while Tampa would be saving cap-space and opening up a roster spot on the 2nd line C position.
the thing is that you can't get him even if you wanted to.
Saving cap space, for who? Opening the 2nd line C spot, why the hell would TB do that?
TB is a playoff team, if Lindback is solid and we add 1-2 pieces at the trade deadline we could be challenging for the cup.

and if Steve Y, by some miracle pick ups his phone for that and agrees to a deal, Lecavalier has a NMC that he won't waive

HedMonster 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:51 AM
  #32
Inverted
Registered User
 
Inverted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 2,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HedMonster 77 View Post
the thing is that you can't get him even if you wanted to.
Saving cap space, for who? Opening the 2nd line C spot, why the hell would TB do that?
TB is a playoff team, if Lindback is solid and we add 1-2 pieces at the trade deadline we could be challenging for the cup.

and if Steve Y, by some miracle pick ups his phone for that and agrees to a deal, Lecavalier has a NMC that he won't waive
The thing is Leaf fans don't even want him to begin with and Burke hates such contracts, even if Vinny wanted to play in Toronto, I'ts very doubtful Burke would even trade for him

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:54 AM
  #33
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Then look at his points per game
08-09 .87
09-10 .85
10-11 .83
11-12 .77

While not terrible he has been declining, with 8 years left at 7,727,273 per season isn't great.
Odd. Most everyone is praising Minnesota for signing Parise for 13 more years at basically the same hit, for the same production.

Since the lockout:
Player A: .816 Points Per Game
Player B: .961 Points Per Game

Strange.


Last edited by IdealisticSniper: 07-08-2012 at 12:03 PM.
IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:55 AM
  #34
number72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 500
Connolly has a better contract so it makes sense to add Lombardi and Komisarek in the deal for Lecavlier.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:01 PM
  #35
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Odd. Most everyone is praising Minnesota for signing Parise for 13 more years at basically the same hit, for the same production.

Strange.
There is a difference

08-09 1.15
09-10 .99
10-11 .46 (only played 13 games)
11-12 .84

Parise is 5 years younger and did I say that the parise contract was great?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:04 PM
  #36
lovemynephews
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tampa Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harro92 View Post
Tampa Bay trade
C Vincent Lecavalier 7.727 m for 8 years


Toronto trade
C Tim Connolly 4.750 m for 1 year
If this post is from a Toronto fan, I can fully understand, however this would not be a good move for the Bolts. Being a Sabres fan we know all too well about Timmy.

lovemynephews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:05 PM
  #37
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
There is a difference

08-09 1.15
09-10 .99
10-11 .46 (only played 13 games)
11-12 .84

Parise is 5 years younger and did I say that the parise contract was great?
I don't get why you put "only played 13 games" on the one year. The numbers are points per game right? So number of games shouldn't matter since its averaged out.

So you are right. There is a difference. Vinny is better. Take a look at the edit in my post.

Actually here:

Since the lockout:
Player A: .816 Points Per Game
Player B: .961 Points Per Game

And who cares that Parise is 5 years younger when his contract is what 6 or 7 years longer. Pretty damn equivalent.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:12 PM
  #38
IBLeaf*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
I'd rather the Leafs go after Getzlaf and Perry next summer then to take on Vinny's contract.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:13 PM
  #39
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
I don't get why you out "only played 13 games" on the one year. The numbers are points per game right? So number if games shouldn't matter since its averaged out.

So you are right. There is a difference. Vinny is better. Take a look at the edit in my post.

Actually here:

Since the lockout:
Player A: .816 Points Per Game
Player B: .961 Points Per Game

And who cares that Parise is 5 years younger when his contract is what 6 or 7 years longer. Pretty damn equivalent.
Thats unfair comparison Parise was only 21 at the end of the lock out.

over the last 4 years is a much better comparison
Parise has 251 points in 245 games for a ppg of 1.02
Vinny has 240 points in 288 games for a ppg of .83

Parise is far better offensively over the last few years.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:21 PM
  #40
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Thats unfair comparison Parise was only 21 at the end of the lock out.

over the last 4 years is a much better comparison
Parise has 251 points in 245 games for a ppg of 1.02
Vinny has 240 points in 288 games for a ppg of .83

Parise is far better offensively over the last few years.
Any comparison I give you is going to be unfair for some reason or another.

I could just as easily say that timeframe alone is unfair to Lecavalier because he was playing injured for nearly half of those games.

My point is, even though the contract was great when he got it, for what he brings, it's actually about in line money wise currently, as well as all these huge term deals being handed out, it seems common place almost.

As an example, the above poster said he would rather have Getzlaf. Completely fair and valid. But Id bet Getzlaf gets the exact same type of big money and big term contract, if not bigger really.

The gap has closed significantly on Lecavaliers contract being bad and it being on par.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:20 PM
  #41
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Any comparison I give you is going to be unfair for some reason or another.

I could just as easily say that timeframe alone is unfair to Lecavalier because he was playing injured for nearly half of those games.

My point is, even though the contract was great when he got it, for what he brings, it's actually about in line money wise currently, as well as all these huge term deals being handed out, it seems common place almost.

As an example, the above poster said he would rather have Getzlaf. Completely fair and valid. But Id bet Getzlaf gets the exact same type of big money and big term contract, if not bigger really.

The gap has closed significantly on Lecavaliers contract being bad and it being on par.
I bet he doesn't no way the CBA doesn't cap years

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:46 PM
  #42
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I bet he doesn't no way the CBA doesn't cap years
Well I agree that they should cap years, and cap circumventing deals that tack on a few years at 1M per should be abolished. But if that's the case it's not really a fair playing field in comparing them. We will see though.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:47 PM
  #43
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,177
vCash: 500
Nashville will give you 10x more for Vinny. Terrible deal for Tampa.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:35 PM
  #44
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK
 
therealkoho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: the Prior
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,817
vCash: 500
Maybe Gustavsson got thrown in because the poster was looking for some 3 way action

and there hasn't been a really great 3 way proposal in a long time














.......a very long time

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:43 PM
  #45
Alivesi
Registered User
 
Alivesi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 973
vCash: 133
Didn't the Cap just go up by around 7m, the same as Vinny's cap hit? The cap has been increasingly steadily for awhile, and projects to in the future.. and Toronto seems to like horrible contracts (Komi, Connolly, Lombardi, etc.) why wouldn't you take Vinny's "horrible" contract.

Tampa would never trade him, but if we did, we could get hell of a lot more than Tim Connolly.

Alivesi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:44 PM
  #46
jfisher6
#thestructure
 
jfisher6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,046
vCash: 50
Wait, this is a joke, right?

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:49 PM
  #47
T_Cage
VP of Awesome
 
T_Cage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
Vinny's value is low.....but not this low. Nice try though

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:03 PM
  #48
Peasy
All In The Game Yo
 
Peasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: North Bay
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,384
vCash: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by HedMonster 77 View Post
love the way Leaf fans pretend they don't want a player because they can't get him or he doesn't want to go to Toronto
If he had a better contract, sure i'd take him, but not with that contract. He'll be on Tampa until he retires.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivesi View Post
Didn't the Cap just go up by around 7m, the same as Vinny's cap hit? The cap has been increasingly steadily for awhile, and projects to in the future.. and Toronto seems to like horrible contracts (Komi, Connolly, Lombardi, etc.) why wouldn't you take Vinny's "horrible" contract.

Tampa would never trade him, but if we did, we could get hell of a lot more than Tim Connolly.
How is Connolly a bad contract? Is he overpaid right now? Sure, but hes a UFA after this season. It'd be a different story if he had 5 more years on his contract, but he doesnt.

Peasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:05 PM
  #49
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasy View Post
If he had a better contract, sure i'd take him, but not with that contract. He'll be on Tampa until he retires.



How is Connolly a bad contract? Is he overpaid right now? Sure, but hes a UFA after this season. It'd be a different story if he had 5 more years on his contract, but he doesnt.

And 99% of Lightning fans are perfectly happy with this.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:14 PM
  #50
leaflover
New hope
 
leaflover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: beautiful B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,910
vCash: 4850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Nashville will give you 10x more for Vinny. Terrible deal for Tampa.
Do they even have 40 million in dead salary to dump?

leaflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.