HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wild Forum Rules - Newcomers & Visiting Fans Please Read!

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Wild Forum Rules - Newcomers & Visiting Fans Please Read!

Since I don't want this to get lost in any particular thread, I'll post it here.

With the Wild picking up Parise and Suter, there's been a lot of new posters signing up, as well as a lot of other teams' fans coming over.

Just a reminder about some of the rules:

- In order to keep good discussions and attitudes, we enforce the site rules.

- Part of those rules is trolling, which is posting for the sole purpose of starting a dispute, antagonizing other posters, or disrupting the forum.

- If you see anyone violating the site rules, PLEASE USE THE REPORT BUTTON. The post will be immediately reviewed by global mods and that will keep some peace and order.

- If you have any questions or comments, you can PM any of the mods. We actively discuss how to keep the boards friendly and with good hockey talk.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jarick: 12-02-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old
07-08-2012, 12:57 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

To add to this (although Jarick did a great job highlighting the big points):

-The Minnesota forum is slanted towards the team. Same goes with any other team forum; if you decide to post on one that isn't the Wild, be respectful, courteous and remember that it's a board for fans of said team.

-The general boards are "neutral." What may be a trolling post on a team board may not be one in the NHL or prospect boards.

-Debate the point, not the poster.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
07-09-2012, 01:21 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
One more thing, when you see a bad post and you report it, just do that. There's absolutely no reason to quote the post and respond.

And posting on other team boards is at your own risk. Expect consequences if you had a bad purpose.

Old
07-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
-Debate the point, not the poster.
Quoting this because I've noticed a lot of flaming issue happened here lately.

Please be respectful between each other. If you don't like a member, you can simply add this member in question to your ignore list and everything will be fine.

Thank you!

Old
08-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'd like to add, if you have any questions about moderation, please send a PM to Avder, Lapa, Jarick or Minnesota.

Last edited by Lapa: 08-18-2014 at 03:11 PM.
Old
01-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

It looks like we have some new posters here. Welcome! And please read our guidelines to get a feel for the place. Let us know if you have any questions!

Old
07-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Quoting this because I've noticed a lot of flaming issue happened here lately.

Please be respectful between each other. If you don't like a member, you can simply add this member in question to your ignore list and everything will be fine.

Thank you!
Since it's been fairly heated here the last couple weeks, just a reminder of the site rules...

Quote:
1) Flaming: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted. Do not call other posters trolls. Do not use sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks. For example if a poster(s) states that he thinks 'x' is a good idea, replying that "Anyone who supports 'x' is an idiot" is a personal attack. Do not start threads to call out and embarrass other members; or make posts about ignore lists
I'd like to add a couple things.

First, let's avoid the "you're not a GM, you're not a scout, you're not a pro hockey player" BS. Obviously. None of us are (especially since Kassian was traded ). The reality is this is a hockey fan forum where we frequently give our opinions, agree, and disagree. This isn't a debate club where we're trying to score points and win arguments.

Second, there's been a lot of little snipes here and there about posters being overly positive or negative. I don't think this is conducive to good hockey talk. It borders on flaming as you're focused on the poster and not the message.

Let's keep it friendly and civil!

Old
01-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Fel 96
JFC

BUMP.

Looks like several of you need a reminder.

Old
04-12-2014, 02:25 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 404
With playoffs beginning soon, I know we'll have a lot of new users and bandwagon fans browsing the Wild boards.

Please, refresh your memories by re-reading the site rules.

If you see anybody breaking the rules, DON'T RESPOND. Instead, hit the report button.

Thanks!

---

UPDATE:

Visiting fans, keep in mind that this is the Wild board and any inflammatory posts will be considered trolling. Wild fans, do not reply to inflammatory posts; report them.

Thank you.

Last edited by Minnesota: 04-27-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old
05-13-2014, 11:17 PM
Lapa
Global Moderator
miek yoe pls

vCash: 50
Bump.

I know we're all disappointed, but I suggest everyone gives this thread and site rules a read. Please keep it civil.

Old
05-19-2014, 01:57 AM
Lapa
Global Moderator
miek yoe pls

vCash: 50
Since there has been a lot of personal attacks these past few days, I'd like to remind everyone of this rule:

Quote:
1) Flaming: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted. Do not call other posters trolls. Do not use sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks. For example if a poster(s) states that he thinks 'x' is a good idea, replying that "Anyone who supports 'x' is an idiot" is a personal attack. Do not start threads to call out and embarrass other members; or make posts about ignore lists.

Last edited by Lapa: 05-19-2014 at 07:07 AM.
Closed Thread