HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread Part 4

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-08-2012, 11:07 AM
  #26
Baggers
Registered User
 
Baggers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: Thailand
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Maybe, or make a push for Getzlaf if he gets there?

Actually, frankly speaking, if the Oilers can make some "gains" this year, as in more competitive and show even more they are headed in a positive direction, maybe a stop gap at #2 center makes alot of sense, because then they can head into next offseason and find someone who will be a major upgrade and contributor.

Some of the names that will be UFA centers next year, as it stands now.

Getzlaf
Zajac
Roy
Cullen
Fisher
Antropov
Weiss
Zubrus
Ribeiro
Cervenka


That's a pretty good group and they might be in a position to bring one of those guys in as the "answer" as a #2 center for maybe 3-5 years.

*I know Cullen and Zubrus aren't exactly young*
Just watching the way Getzlaf has crapped out on his team over the past year makes me think that he's a big part of the reason why there's such a problem going on in Anaheim.

No clue why, but the guy's been obviously mailing it in. Want no part of that going on with the Oil.

Baggers is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 11:19 AM
  #27
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangers View Post
Just watching the way Getzlaf has crapped out on his team over the past year makes me think that he's a big part of the reason why there's such a problem going on in Anaheim.

No clue why, but the guy's been obviously mailing it in. Want no part of that going on with the Oil.
Fine fine, but the Nuge and Zajac would make an excellent 1-2 punch down the middle.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 01:58 PM
  #28
jsho
Registered User
 
jsho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
We have mr.Eberle's prototype already in our system but I was thinking about trading mr.Eberle for a larger top-4 winger. If we can't find any it would be mr.Eager.
I've read some crazy things on hfboards before....but I think this one takes the cake.

jsho is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 01:59 PM
  #29
Spawn
Registered User
 
Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
If they get a defenseman back in a Nash trade, they will have an excess of d men and they will be spending a good chunk of their cap on their d.

Murray, Wiz, Tyutin, Nikitin, J. Johnson, Aucoin, +1

That's almost 22.5m without the salary of the salary of the d man from the Nash trade.
They also have Moore and Savard in the picture too.

They have a need for forwards and something would have to give on their blueline.

I think Nikitin might be a good fit here, $2.15m cap hit, can put up some points and decent defensively, only -5 on a bad CLB team. Brings in another Russian for Yakupov too.
Not sure what we would have to give up for him though.
I forgot about Murray! Good point.

Spawn is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 02:07 PM
  #30
Jepprey
Creeper
 
Jepprey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
I've read some crazy things on hfboards before....but I think this one takes the cake.
There's a lot of crazy things said about Eberle here on HFOil. lol. This one is surely up top.

Jepprey is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 02:24 PM
  #31
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile
 
gooilgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Area 51
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
The just resigned him, he's not.
Jimmi, sure they just resigned him but just look at their defensive roster:

Murray - #2 overall, not going anywhere.
Wiz - No movement clause
Tyutin - No movement clause
Aucoin - just signed in FA, no movement clause
Johnson - top pairing guy for them, nice contract #
Nikitin - reupped as an RFA
Savard - elc
Moore - elc
Prout - elc
New Guy - This is the wildcard. You have to assume it's someone Clb target in the Nash trade rather than accepting a player they do not want.

Personally I would see Nikitin as likely as any to be moved. They are woefully thin at forward, we have an excess. Stauffer suggested that Clb was a team we might target for a d man after the Nash trade goes down even after Methot got moved.

Makes some sense imo, no idea what Nikitin would cost, I am sure he won't come cheap but likely won't cost a king's ransom either.

gooilgo is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 02:33 PM
  #32
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
Jimmi, sure they just resigned him but just look at their defensive roster:

Murray - #2 overall, not going anywhere.
Wiz - No movement clause
Tyutin - No movement clause
Aucoin - just signed in FA, no movement clause
Johnson - top pairing guy for them, nice contract #
Nikitin - reupped as an RFA
Savard - elc
Moore - elc
Prout - elc
New Guy - This is the wildcard. You have to assume it's someone Clb target in the Nash trade rather than accepting a player they do not want.

Personally I would see Nikitin as likely as any to be moved. They are woefully thin at forward, we have an excess. Stauffer suggested that Clb was a team we might target for a d man after the Nash trade goes down even after Methot got moved.

Makes some sense imo, no idea what Nikitin would cost, I am sure he won't come cheap but likely won't cost a king's ransom either.
Yup, but we're not talking about "at the deadline", he was resigned like a week ago, he had a breakout year with the team last year and he's a low cap hit.

Plus the Oilers aren't giving up a "Brent Burns" type player to get him, so I just don't see it.

If anything they'll move Wiz before Nikitin, plus, though they have alot of guys, they do seem to have space for all of them.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 02:42 PM
  #33
McArthur
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hockey Heart Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,020
vCash: 500
Trading fof a d-man makes no sense to me. The pipeline is loaded with guys that may be able to log huge minutes. Even if just 1 turns out to be top 2 and 1 top 4; we would be trading for a player that we dont need later on and in the long road costs us more than what we get in return. Either way, next year is the big push for the cup, and unless we are signing big free agents(getzlaf), i hope we let hemsky and gagner play one full season where they dont have to carry the whole team.

McArthur is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 02:54 PM
  #34
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile
 
gooilgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Area 51
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McArthur View Post
Trading fof a d-man makes no sense to me. The pipeline is loaded with guys that may be able to log huge minutes. Even if just 1 turns out to be top 2 and 1 top 4; we would be trading for a player that we dont need later on and in the long road costs us more than what we get in return. Either way, next year is the big push for the cup, and unless we are signing big free agents(getzlaf), i hope we let hemsky and gagner play one full season where they dont have to carry the whole team.
Sure we have guys coming but they are not ready yet. If we go into next year with the D as it is then we are likely a lottery team again. This team needs to take a step this year, a decent sized one...

gooilgo is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 03:00 PM
  #35
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile
 
gooilgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Area 51
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Yup, but we're not talking about "at the deadline", he was resigned like a week ago, he had a breakout year with the team last year and he's a low cap hit.

Plus the Oilers aren't giving up a "Brent Burns" type player to get him, so I just don't see it.

If anything they'll move Wiz before Nikitin, plus, though they have alot of guys, they do seem to have space for all of them.
Wiz will be a harder sell for them, he'd also need to waive his NMC.
Niktin is unlikely to cost you a Brent Burns type. He has had two thirds of a good season so far, that is all.
Take a look at their.Forwards when Nash is gone. They desperately need help,.something will have to give.

All very hypothetical at this point anyway.

gooilgo is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 03:21 PM
  #36
misfit
Moderator
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...everything
Posts: 15,657
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Maybe, or make a push for Getzlaf if he gets there?

Actually, frankly speaking, if the Oilers can make some "gains" this year, as in more competitive and show even more they are headed in a positive direction, maybe a stop gap at #2 center makes alot of sense, because then they can head into next offseason and find someone who will be a major upgrade and contributor.

Some of the names that will be UFA centers next year, as it stands now.

Getzlaf
Zajac
Roy
Cullen
Fisher
Antropov
Weiss
Zubrus
Ribeiro
Cervenka


That's a pretty good group and they might be in a position to bring one of those guys in as the "answer" as a #2 center for maybe 3-5 years.

*I know Cullen and Zubrus aren't exactly young*
As much as a Getzlaf or Zajac would be amazing additions, there's something about adding a #2 center at UFA prices (and term) that tells me it might not be the wisest way to approach something that isn't a huge need in the first place IMO.

__________________
If you are offended by this post, it's probably because you're ugly.
misfit is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 03:25 PM
  #37
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire
 
BoldNewLettuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,468
vCash: 50
here is a trade for Linus...


David Schlemko


Linus Omark

Oilers get a young hometown bottom six defender, Yotes get a young (former?) youtube sensation who can potentially attract 1-3 extra fans. (countering the thousands leaving after Doan signs elsewhere), Linus gets a team where he can compete against Korpikoski, Moss, Gordon for top six minutes. Shlemko's absence opens up a spot for Gormley/Rundblad/Goncharov.

BoldNewLettuce is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 04:01 PM
  #38
RogueJedi
Registered User
 
RogueJedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 387
vCash: 500
Mark Kiszla of the Denver Posts suggests that trading Matt Duchene might be a good idea for the Avs, considering their centre depth. If Duchene were truly available, I'd love to get into the running for him (without sacrificing the big 4 if that were possible). A 1-2 punch of RNH and Duchene would be amazing.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...ene-smart-idea

RogueJedi is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 04:07 PM
  #39
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
Bozo Buddies
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueJedi View Post
Mark Kiszla of the Denver Posts suggests that trading Matt Duchene might be a good idea for the Avs, considering their centre depth. If Duchene were truly available, I'd love to get into the running for him (without sacrificing the big 4 if that were possible). A 1-2 punch of RNH and Duchene would be amazing.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...ene-smart-idea
I doubt that they'd move him in division or even conference.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is online now  
Old
07-08-2012, 04:20 PM
  #40
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,521
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueJedi View Post
Mark Kiszla of the Denver Posts suggests that trading Matt Duchene might be a good idea for the Avs, considering their centre depth. If Duchene were truly available, I'd love to get into the running for him (without sacrificing the big 4 if that were possible). A 1-2 punch of RNH and Duchene would be amazing.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...ene-smart-idea
Maybe,Columbus could be in the running for Duchene seeing that they don't have any top centerman on their team.

oilersfan11 is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 05:22 PM
  #41
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
Bozo Buddies
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Maybe,Columbus could be in the running for Duchene seeing that they don't have any top centerman on their team.
Duchene and Johansen would be a solid 1-2 punch.

Bryanbryoil is online now  
Old
07-08-2012, 05:52 PM
  #42
belair
Registered User
 
belair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post
here is a trade for Linus...


David Schlemko


Linus Omark

Oilers get a young hometown bottom six defender, Yotes get a young (former?) youtube sensation who can potentially attract 1-3 extra fans. (countering the thousands leaving after Doan signs elsewhere), Linus gets a team where he can compete against Korpikoski, Moss, Gordon for top six minutes. Shlemko's absence opens up a spot for Gormley/Rundblad/Goncharov.
I'd do it, but I'd be disappointed if that was Tambo's ace-in-the-hole regarding our defensive needs. Considering who we've got on our back end at the moment, I'd almost consider Schlemko kind of redundant.

If we're unable to get a Bouwmeester-level defender via trade this offseason, I'd like to see them take a chance on Carlo Colaiacovo on a one or two year deal. He's well known to be a band-aid but he's proven he's good for at least 60 games a year and we've got the depth to fill the other 20 if need be.

belair is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 06:01 PM
  #43
s7ark
Moderator
TheWorstEver
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I doubt that they'd move him in division or even conference.
I don't think they're even really considering moving him. I think it's more likely that this is a ploy to get other GMs to call to inquire about him so he can talk about Statsny. Like the Ducks did with the "Getzlaf and Perry may be available" rumours so they could talk up Ryan. Bait and switch.

s7ark is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 06:27 PM
  #44
s7ark
Moderator
TheWorstEver
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,159
vCash: 500
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod

Quote:
While there are 11 teams interested in Doan, only a select few will be seriously considered when push comes to shove.
I sure hope we make his shortlist. He would allow us to use Paajarvi and Hartikainen as top 9 injury call-ups, which is what they should be for next season, imo.

Hall - Gagner - Eberle
Hemsky - RNH - Yakupov
Smyth - Horcoff - Doan
Eager - Belanger - Jones
Petrell, Hordichuk

I really like that forward group.

s7ark is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 06:33 PM
  #45
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod



I sure hope we make his shortlist. He would allow us to use Paajarvi and Hartikainen as top 9 injury call-ups, which is what they should be for next season, imo.

Hall - Gagner - Eberle
Hemsky - RNH - Yakupov
Smyth - Horcoff - Doan
Eager - Belanger - Jones
Petrell, Hordichuk

I really like that forward group.
I don't know if Doan can player there, but I would strongly consider putting him on the Left side of the Nuge and Eberle

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 06:35 PM
  #46
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan
 
Paralyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod



I sure hope we make his shortlist. He would allow us to use Paajarvi and Hartikainen as top 9 injury call-ups, which is what they should be for next season, imo.

Hall - Gagner - Eberle
Hemsky - RNH - Yakupov
Smyth - Horcoff - Doan
Eager - Belanger - Jones
Petrell, Hordichuk

I really like that forward group.
I would prefer this as a line up if Doan came to Edmonton:

Doan-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Gagner-Yakupov

Now That Top 6 is sexy

Paralyzer is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 06:49 PM
  #47
Lynas12
Registered User
 
Lynas12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Maybe, or make a push for Getzlaf if he gets there?

Actually, frankly speaking, if the Oilers can make some "gains" this year, as in more competitive and show even more they are headed in a positive direction, maybe a stop gap at #2 center makes alot of sense, because then they can head into next offseason and find someone who will be a major upgrade and contributor.

Some of the names that will be UFA centers next year, as it stands now.

Getzlaf
Zajac
Roy
Cullen
Fisher
Antropov
Weiss
Zubrus
Ribeiro
Cervenka


That's a pretty good group and they might be in a position to bring one of those guys in as the "answer" as a #2 center for maybe 3-5 years.

*I know Cullen and Zubrus aren't exactly young*
Personally I'm a fan of Mike Ribeiro. I'd love to see him in Edmonton. Such good hands and a good skater.

Lynas12 is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 06:52 PM
  #48
Auguste Escoffier
Registered User
 
Auguste Escoffier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 5,681
vCash: 500
Of that list, I am only looking at two players: Stephen Weiss and Travis Zajac. Either one of them would be a perfect fit for this team.

Auguste Escoffier is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 06:52 PM
  #49
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynas12 View Post
Personally I'm a fan of Mike Ribeiro. I'd love to see him in Edmonton. Such good hands and a good skater.
Too bad he's a gutless tool

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 07:02 PM
  #50
McArthur
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hockey Heart Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
Sure we have guys coming but they are not ready yet. If we go into next year with the D as it is then we are likely a lottery team again. This team needs to take a step this year, a decent sized one...
Defense was not an issue when everyone was healthy plus this year we have more guys to make the jump. no one knows what the next year holds. Good teams can battle through injuries, and our boys are another year mature. if we trade with anyone it should be with clubs like our own. Like mps had an off year in Edmonton, niederrider had an off year for the islanders.... Mix in a pick or 2 and who knows, maybe its a better fit for both players.

McArthur is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.