HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread Part 4

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Baggers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Maybe, or make a push for Getzlaf if he gets there?

Actually, frankly speaking, if the Oilers can make some "gains" this year, as in more competitive and show even more they are headed in a positive direction, maybe a stop gap at #2 center makes alot of sense, because then they can head into next offseason and find someone who will be a major upgrade and contributor.

Some of the names that will be UFA centers next year, as it stands now.

Getzlaf
Zajac
Roy
Cullen
Fisher
Antropov
Weiss
Zubrus
Ribeiro
Cervenka

That's a pretty good group and they might be in a position to bring one of those guys in as the "answer" as a #2 center for maybe 3-5 years.

*I know Cullen and Zubrus aren't exactly young*
Just watching the way Getzlaf has crapped out on his team over the past year makes me think that he's a big part of the reason why there's such a problem going on in Anaheim.

No clue why, but the guy's been obviously mailing it in. Want no part of that going on with the Oil.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangers View Post
Just watching the way Getzlaf has crapped out on his team over the past year makes me think that he's a big part of the reason why there's such a problem going on in Anaheim.

No clue why, but the guy's been obviously mailing it in. Want no part of that going on with the Oil.
Fine fine, but the Nuge and Zajac would make an excellent 1-2 punch down the middle.

Old
07-08-2012, 01:58 PM
jsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
We have mr.Eberle's prototype already in our system but I was thinking about trading mr.Eberle for a larger top-4 winger. If we can't find any it would be mr.Eager.
I've read some crazy things on hfboards before....but I think this one takes the cake.

Old
07-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
If they get a defenseman back in a Nash trade, they will have an excess of d men and they will be spending a good chunk of their cap on their d.

Murray, Wiz, Tyutin, Nikitin, J. Johnson, Aucoin, +1

That's almost 22.5m without the salary of the salary of the d man from the Nash trade.
They also have Moore and Savard in the picture too.

They have a need for forwards and something would have to give on their blueline.

I think Nikitin might be a good fit here, $2.15m cap hit, can put up some points and decent defensively, only -5 on a bad CLB team. Brings in another Russian for Yakupov too.
Not sure what we would have to give up for him though.
I forgot about Murray! Good point.

Old
07-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
I've read some crazy things on hfboards before....but I think this one takes the cake.
There's a lot of crazy things said about Eberle here on HFOil. lol. This one is surely up top.

Old
07-08-2012, 02:24 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
The just resigned him, he's not.
Jimmi, sure they just resigned him but just look at their defensive roster:

Murray - #2 overall, not going anywhere.
Wiz - No movement clause
Tyutin - No movement clause
Aucoin - just signed in FA, no movement clause
Johnson - top pairing guy for them, nice contract #
Nikitin - reupped as an RFA
Savard - elc
Moore - elc
Prout - elc
New Guy - This is the wildcard. You have to assume it's someone Clb target in the Nash trade rather than accepting a player they do not want.

Personally I would see Nikitin as likely as any to be moved. They are woefully thin at forward, we have an excess. Stauffer suggested that Clb was a team we might target for a d man after the Nash trade goes down even after Methot got moved.

Makes some sense imo, no idea what Nikitin would cost, I am sure he won't come cheap but likely won't cost a king's ransom either.

Old
07-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

Quote:
Jimmi, sure they just resigned him but just look at their defensive roster:

Murray - #2 overall, not going anywhere.
Wiz - No movement clause
Tyutin - No movement clause
Aucoin - just signed in FA, no movement clause
Johnson - top pairing guy for them, nice contract #
Nikitin - reupped as an RFA
Savard - elc
Moore - elc
Prout - elc
New Guy - This is the wildcard. You have to assume it's someone Clb target in the Nash trade rather than accepting a player they do not want.

Personally I would see Nikitin as likely as any to be moved. They are woefully thin at forward, we have an excess. Stauffer suggested that Clb was a team we might target for a d man after the Nash trade goes down even after Methot got moved.

Makes some sense imo, no idea what Nikitin would cost, I am sure he won't come cheap but likely won't cost a king's ransom either.
Yup, but we're not talking about "at the deadline", he was resigned like a week ago, he had a breakout year with the team last year and he's a low cap hit.

Plus the Oilers aren't giving up a "Brent Burns" type player to get him, so I just don't see it.

If anything they'll move Wiz before Nikitin, plus, though they have alot of guys, they do seem to have space for all of them.

Old
07-08-2012, 02:42 PM
McArthur

Trading fof a d-man makes no sense to me. The pipeline is loaded with guys that may be able to log huge minutes. Even if just 1 turns out to be top 2 and 1 top 4; we would be trading for a player that we dont need later on and in the long road costs us more than what we get in return. Either way, next year is the big push for the cup, and unless we are signing big free agents(getzlaf), i hope we let hemsky and gagner play one full season where they dont have to carry the whole team.

Old
07-08-2012, 02:54 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by McArthur View Post
Trading fof a d-man makes no sense to me. The pipeline is loaded with guys that may be able to log huge minutes. Even if just 1 turns out to be top 2 and 1 top 4; we would be trading for a player that we dont need later on and in the long road costs us more than what we get in return. Either way, next year is the big push for the cup, and unless we are signing big free agents(getzlaf), i hope we let hemsky and gagner play one full season where they dont have to carry the whole team.
Sure we have guys coming but they are not ready yet. If we go into next year with the D as it is then we are likely a lottery team again. This team needs to take a step this year, a decent sized one...

Old
07-08-2012, 03:00 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Yup, but we're not talking about "at the deadline", he was resigned like a week ago, he had a breakout year with the team last year and he's a low cap hit.

Plus the Oilers aren't giving up a "Brent Burns" type player to get him, so I just don't see it.

If anything they'll move Wiz before Nikitin, plus, though they have alot of guys, they do seem to have space for all of them.
Wiz will be a harder sell for them, he'd also need to waive his NMC.
Niktin is unlikely to cost you a Brent Burns type. He has had two thirds of a good season so far, that is all.
Take a look at their.Forwards when Nash is gone. They desperately need help,.something will have to give.

All very hypothetical at this point anyway.

Old
07-08-2012, 03:21 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:

Actually, frankly speaking, if the Oilers can make some "gains" this year, as in more competitive and show even more they are headed in a positive direction, maybe a stop gap at #2 center makes alot of sense, because then they can head into next offseason and find someone who will be a major upgrade and contributor.

Getzlaf
Zajac
Roy
Cullen
Fisher
Antropov
Weiss
Zubrus
Ribeiro
Cervenka

That's a pretty good group and they might be in a position to bring one of those guys in as the "answer" as a #2 center for maybe 3-5 years.

As much as a Getzlaf or Zajac would be amazing additions, there's something about adding a #2 center at UFA prices (and term) that tells me it might not be the wisest way to approach something that isn't a huge need in the first place IMO.

07-08-2012, 03:25 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

here is a trade for Linus...

David Schlemko

Linus Omark

Oilers get a young hometown bottom six defender, Yotes get a young (former?) youtube sensation who can potentially attract 1-3 extra fans. (countering the thousands leaving after Doan signs elsewhere), Linus gets a team where he can compete against Korpikoski, Moss, Gordon for top six minutes. Shlemko's absence opens up a spot for Gormley/Rundblad/Goncharov.

Old
07-08-2012, 04:01 PM
RogueJedi

Mark Kiszla of the Denver Posts suggests that trading Matt Duchene might be a good idea for the Avs, considering their centre depth. If Duchene were truly available, I'd love to get into the running for him (without sacrificing the big 4 if that were possible). A 1-2 punch of RNH and Duchene would be amazing.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...ene-smart-idea

Old
07-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueJedi View Post
Mark Kiszla of the Denver Posts suggests that trading Matt Duchene might be a good idea for the Avs, considering their centre depth. If Duchene were truly available, I'd love to get into the running for him (without sacrificing the big 4 if that were possible). A 1-2 punch of RNH and Duchene would be amazing.

I doubt that they'd move him in division or even conference.

07-08-2012, 04:20 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueJedi View Post

Maybe,Columbus could be in the running for Duchene seeing that they don't have any top centerman on their team.

Old
07-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Maybe,Columbus could be in the running for Duchene seeing that they don't have any top centerman on their team.
Duchene and Johansen would be a solid 1-2 punch.

Old
07-08-2012, 05:52 PM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post
here is a trade for Linus...

David Schlemko

Linus Omark

Oilers get a young hometown bottom six defender, Yotes get a young (former?) youtube sensation who can potentially attract 1-3 extra fans. (countering the thousands leaving after Doan signs elsewhere), Linus gets a team where he can compete against Korpikoski, Moss, Gordon for top six minutes. Shlemko's absence opens up a spot for Gormley/Rundblad/Goncharov.
I'd do it, but I'd be disappointed if that was Tambo's ace-in-the-hole regarding our defensive needs. Considering who we've got on our back end at the moment, I'd almost consider Schlemko kind of redundant.

If we're unable to get a Bouwmeester-level defender via trade this offseason, I'd like to see them take a chance on Carlo Colaiacovo on a one or two year deal. He's well known to be a band-aid but he's proven he's good for at least 60 games a year and we've got the depth to fill the other 20 if need be.

Old
07-08-2012, 06:01 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I doubt that they'd move him in division or even conference.
I don't think they're even really considering moving him. I think it's more likely that this is a ploy to get other GMs to call to inquire about him so he can talk about Statsny. Like the Ducks did with the "Getzlaf and Perry may be available" rumours so they could talk up Ryan. Bait and switch.

Old
07-08-2012, 06:27 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod

Quote:
While there are 11 teams interested in Doan, only a select few will be seriously considered when push comes to shove.
I sure hope we make his shortlist. He would allow us to use Paajarvi and Hartikainen as top 9 injury call-ups, which is what they should be for next season, imo.

Hall - Gagner - Eberle
Hemsky - RNH - Yakupov
Smyth - Horcoff - Doan
Eager - Belanger - Jones
Petrell, Hordichuk

I really like that forward group.

Old
07-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post

I sure hope we make his shortlist. He would allow us to use Paajarvi and Hartikainen as top 9 injury call-ups, which is what they should be for next season, imo.

Hall - Gagner - Eberle
Hemsky - RNH - Yakupov
Smyth - Horcoff - Doan
Eager - Belanger - Jones
Petrell, Hordichuk

I don't know if Doan can player there, but I would strongly consider putting him on the Left side of the Nuge and Eberle

Old
07-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post

Hall - Gagner - Eberle
Hemsky - RNH - Yakupov
Smyth - Horcoff - Doan
Eager - Belanger - Jones
Petrell, Hordichuk

I would prefer this as a line up if Doan came to Edmonton:

Doan-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Gagner-Yakupov

Now That Top 6 is sexy

Old
07-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Lynas12

Quote:

Getzlaf
Zajac
Roy
Cullen
Fisher
Antropov
Weiss
Zubrus
Ribeiro
Cervenka

Personally I'm a fan of Mike Ribeiro. I'd love to see him in Edmonton. Such good hands and a good skater.

Old
07-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Auguste Escoffier

Of that list, I am only looking at two players: Stephen Weiss and Travis Zajac. Either one of them would be a perfect fit for this team.

Old
07-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynas12 View Post
Personally I'm a fan of Mike Ribeiro. I'd love to see him in Edmonton. Such good hands and a good skater.
Too bad he's a gutless tool

Old
07-08-2012, 07:02 PM
McArthur

Quote:
Sure we have guys coming but they are not ready yet. If we go into next year with the D as it is then we are likely a lottery team again. This team needs to take a step this year, a decent sized one...
Defense was not an issue when everyone was healthy plus this year we have more guys to make the jump. no one knows what the next year holds. Good teams can battle through injuries, and our boys are another year mature. if we trade with anyone it should be with clubs like our own. Like mps had an off year in Edmonton, niederrider had an off year for the islanders.... Mix in a pick or 2 and who knows, maybe its a better fit for both players.

Closed Thread