*OFFICIAL* Mississauga Steelheads 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2012, 01:33 PM
JSavoire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post
dunno if its huge news sarnia traded dman Thomas Welsh to Missy for a 5th round pick.

anyone got more info on him.
Yes, he played for Don Mills Flyers a few years back and picked up a last minute spot with a strong Prep School team is the USA known as Salisbury Prep. Played the past 2 seasons with them and is committed to Penn State. He's approx. 5ft11 and 190+ pounds and plays a defensive defenseman's game and was noted for a solid shot from the point and being a physical defenseman. I'm curious as to why Missy took him...do they think they can sign him away from Penn State? I'm assuming teams must have some advanced scouting in place to suggest they have a shot at getting a player to come over?

Old
06-02-2012, 02:11 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
Yes, he played for Don Mills Flyers a few years back and picked up a last minute spot with a strong Prep School team is the USA known as Salisbury Prep. Played the past 2 seasons with them and is committed to Penn State. He's approx. 5ft11 and 190+ pounds and plays a defensive defenseman's game and was noted for a solid shot from the point and being a physical defenseman. I'm curious as to why Missy took him...do they think they can sign him away from Penn State? I'm assuming teams must have some advanced scouting in place to suggest they have a shot at getting a player to come over?
If I'm not mistaken Welsh was ranked as a AA prospect and projected to go top 40 in the 2011 OHL draft but fell due to the NCAA concerns. He can definitely hold his own, he can project as a top 4 defensemen. He plays steady, similar to Trevor Carrick with more offensive potential. Unsure if he's willing to decommit to Penn State but playing closer to home will definitely help Mississauga's case.

Old
06-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Torts

Anyone have any leads or rumours of what Boyd may do. Trades? Etc?

Id love for him to pick up an explosive forward like AA from London.

Who knows....

Old
06-15-2012, 01:30 AM
NHL Fanatic

http://www.mississauga.com/sports/ar...r-team-colours

Old
06-19-2012, 05:44 PM
SocksNjocks
Rookie User

Had a chance to see burnside play in the local summer league a couple weeks ago.
The kid was just flying out there. Leads the league in scoring. Looking for big things from
Him next year

Old
06-19-2012, 06:22 PM
defensehockey19

When can we expect the jerseys to be revealed?

Old
06-21-2012, 02:39 PM
93skaterz

What summer league is he in?? Checked Carnevale but he is not listed?

Old
06-21-2012, 03:14 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93skaterz View Post
What summer league is he in?? Checked Carnevale but he is not listed?
He might have been mistaken. Burnside doesn't play in any summer league, but I do agree that I think he'll have a big year. Got the chance to see him at a skate the other day, the kid has wheels. He gained about 15lbs since the season's been out.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
He might have been mistaken. Burnside doesn't play in any summer league, but I do agree that I think he'll have a big year. Got the chance to see him at a skate the other day, the kid has wheels. He gained about 15lbs since the season's been out.
ye he tweeted a month ago that he gained 15 lbs, im sure its higher than that now

and he should have grown an inch or 2 hopefully. should be rdy to compete for a top 6 spot.

Old
06-22-2012, 05:02 PM
SocksNjocks
Rookie User

Quote:
ye he tweeted a month ago that he gained 15 lbs, im sure its higher than that now

and he should have grown an inch or 2 hopefully. should be rdy to compete for a top 6 spot.
I think he's a Joel ward type. Can do a little bit of everything

Old
06-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocksNjocks View Post
I think he's a Joel ward type. Can do a little bit of everything
im not lying when i say this, he was our best player in the playoffs i believe

in other news

good luck to trevor carrick and kristoff kontos today and tomorrow.

Old
06-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Twix
Patch of velcro

Wow, the new name and logo is just plain awful. I would of suggested the Mississauga McCallions with a logo of an angry Hazel McCallion.

Old
06-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Torts

Congrats to Trevor on being drafted by the Carolina Hurricanes

Old
06-27-2012, 02:19 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Do any Mississauga fans mind giving a Bulls fan a scouting report on Sergey Kuptsov? I have yet to see him play, although I'm intrigued by what I've read so far.

Old
06-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Do any Mississauga fans mind giving a Bulls fan a scouting report on Sergey Kuptsov? I have yet to see him play, although I'm intrigued by what I've read so far.
great skater, good shot, just didnt finish a lot last year. 2013 draft year as a late 94. if he polishes his game up he could be a very good player. was hoping big things from him this year. if vasilevski dosnt come over belleville got the better of the deal.

Old
06-27-2012, 04:42 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
great skater, good shot, just didnt finish a lot last year. 2013 draft year as a late 94. if he polishes his game up he could be a very good player. was hoping big things from him this year. if vasilevski dosnt come over belleville got the better of the deal.
Thanks, I like this move as a Bulls fan, he should get a shot to play in the top 6 and maybe even on the top line with Gaunce and Zharkov. Good luck with Vasilevski, if it pans out the Steelheads will have landed themselves a great goalie.

Old
06-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Thanks, I like this move as a Bulls fan, he should get a shot to play in the top 6 and maybe even on the top line with Gaunce and Zharkov. Good luck with Vasilevski, if it pans out the Steelheads will have landed themselves a great goalie.
should light it up on bigger ice. just my opinion though

Old
06-29-2012, 03:47 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Awful Logo, Colours and team name... Who's the clown in charge ? And how do I boycott the homeopener ? This guy took one of the nicest CHL jerseys... And ruined it...

Seriously what a joke of a junior team name..

#HorribleOwner

Old
06-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Miller4Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Awful Logo, Colours and team name... Who's the clown in charge ? And how do I boycott the homeopener ? This guy took one of the nicest CHL jerseys... And ruined it...

#HorribleOwner
Boycotts are easy, you just dont go. Surprised you needed to ask.

Old
06-29-2012, 06:09 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:

#HorribleOwner
I've heard many people say they will boycott the Steelheads this season. I think that people are overreacting to this team name and logo nonsense, honestly its just a logo WHO CARES. What people fail to realize is that the team HAD no option but to change the name with Melnyk no longer apart of the organization. The team had to drop the full St. Michael's Majors not just St. Michael's. And to the fans that don't like the name you had the option to vote so why are you complaining. You even had the option to suggest your own name for the team. Brampton and Mississauga are two talented hockey clubs who barely get fan support, their buildings are empty.

This had nothing to do with the new owner, the fans were just as much responsible. I've had the pleasure of watching this team this past season and it was really good hockey especially in the playoffs against Barrie (some of the best OHL playoff hockey). Unfortunately I won't see much of the team next year as I will be in and out of the city but to boycott a talented hard working hockey team over a logo sounds absolutely ridiculous. It doesn't change the hockey. My rant for the day lol.

Old
06-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Torts

Quote:

#HorribleOwner
thats such a shame, we wont be missing you unfortunately

Old
07-04-2012, 06:21 PM
gojacketsgo61
Fire the Refs!

I still don't believe that logo is the real logo. It's the worst logo I have ever seen in the pro-hockey other than that Blues logo that keenan rejected. I actually prefer the abstract coyote.

Old
07-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Torts

Riley Brace will join Dylan DeMelo at Sharks Development Camp

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=637357

Old
07-08-2012, 03:16 PM
NHL Fanatic

Looks like Vasilevski may be staying in Russia this year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nhl/...rei-vasilevski

Old
07-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Snaggle
nice sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
I've heard many people say they will boycott the Steelheads this season. I think that people are overreacting to this team name and logo nonsense, honestly its just a logo WHO CARES.
This. I think it's absolutely silly that fans are boycotting the team just because of their name and logo. Seriously, who cares? You should appreciate the players and the game itself. This isn't a fashion show.

Closed Thread