HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nino for Magnus

Old
07-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Slatsmsg

vCash: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Why does he have to go? He's a left winger and he's the best one we've got developing in our system by far.

Our only options for 2nd line right wing next season are having either Hemsky or Yakupov play on their off-wing, giving Smyth more minutes than he should be playing or by giving Hartikainen(who isn't a top 6 forward) the slot.
I wouldn't get too caught up in who plays which wing. I am certain the Oilers brass will sort that.

The reason I think he needs to be moved at some pt is he is a top 6 forward not a grinder. Oilers top 6, RNH, Hall, Ebs, Yakupov, GagsN Hemmer. Now if Hemsky were moved at some pt then I could see him getting in there but I am not convinced ST has an appetite to move Ales as evidenced by his new contract.

As for Hartikainen, I think he has a legit shot at top 6 minutes on this club if not for thei depth at forward.

MPS is player that, when packaged, could help fill an immediate need while not damaging our roster.

Slatsmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:21 PM
CodeE

vCash: 500
Oh joy, another "trade Nino to us for crap because his value is low" thread.

1. To acquire Nino, you must convince the Islanders to trade him.
2. To convince the Islanders, you must offer them something equal to what they believe Nino's value is.
3. It doesn't matter how low you think Nino's value is.
4. A trade never gets made until you offer something that interests the Islanders.

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:38 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post

2. To convince the Islanders, you must offer them something equal to what they believe Nino's value is.
4. A trade never gets made until you offer something that interests the Islanders.
If you are serious then I guess you don't watch much hockey.

Despite their seasons, Nino is not crap, neither is Magnus.

Last edited by gooilgo: 07-08-2012 at 01:46 PM.
gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:39 PM
zeus3007*

No need for Edmonton to do this. No need for the Isles to give up on Nino either. If either team moves a package like this, its for immediate help, not to swap prospects.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:41 PM
oilwings

I'm not giving up on MP yet. I would consider Nino if Snow has him on the trading block. I like the idea of swapping 1st round draft picks.

oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Nino is MUCH better than MPS. Even though Nino had a horrible year offensively, he still hits and plays at both ends of the ice while if MPS doesn't have the puck he is useless.

Nino's bad year is a result of not being NHL ready and playing on the fourth line, hurting his development. Another year in jr would have been much better.

Like literally the one skill Magnus has is his play away from the puck. Thats why oiler fans make threads asking if he should become a center or a dman because he actually cheats for defence when in the offensive zone. Back checks like a mad man. Ill give you points for physicality because that is true but the rest of the post is garbage.

If Nino gets his bad year swept away because he was on the 4th line shouldnt Magnus get his bad year swept away for playing on the 4th line with Belanger?

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:

Paajarvi is far from crap. If anything, Nino is closer to crap than Paajarvi is.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:55 PM
CodeE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacheesh View Post
Paajarvi is far from crap. If anything, Nino is closer to crap than Paajarvi is.
Reread number 3. It doesn't matter how low you think Nino's value is.

Old
07-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Jamin

Quote:

Lol if Magnus is crap then Nino is diarrhea

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:02 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
Thanks for quoting the rest of my post bud!
in order to make my point, i posted the only part that matters...bud!

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:09 PM
CodeE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Lol if Magnus is crap then Nino is diarrhea
I can say "boy, that Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is terrible, absolute garbage. Injury prone, a total bust. I'll trade him for Reasoner and a 4th, that's fair value".

The problem with that is no Oilers fan in their right mind would make that trade. Garth could propose it 100 times, and all he'd get would be a restraining order. The Oilers would never agree to this deal, because despite a fan on a messageboard saying RNH is diarrhea, the Oilers won't move him.

Islanders will not be trading Nino unless they can find fair value. Paajarvi and a swap of 1sts is not fair value.

Old
07-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
I can say "boy, that Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is terrible, absolute garbage. Injury prone, a total bust. I'll trade him for Reasoner and a 4th, that's fair value".
You could say that, but no one would believe you.
Because he still would have been 4th on the Isles in scoring with 20 less games played.

But I can say Nino sucks and have all the facts proving it.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:

The problem with that is no Oilers fan in their right mind would make that trade. Garth could propose it 100 times, and all he'd get would be a restraining order. The Oilers would never agree to this deal, because despite a fan on a messageboard saying RNH is diarrhea, the Oilers won't move him.

Islanders will not be trading Nino unless they can find fair value. Paajarvi and a swap of 1sts is not fair value.
How is that even a remotely close comparison? RNH isn't called terrible, garbage, and a bust because he put up insanely good numbers for a rookie. Nino is called that because he put up a measly 1 point in 55 games.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:14 PM
CodeE

I knew Oilers fans would only quote the first part of what I said and valiantly try to defend RNH.

I was using him as an example, relax. But thanks again for ignoring my main point: If you want to acquire Nino, you'll have to pay what the Islanders believe his worth is, not Oilers fans or Blues fans on hfboards.

Old
07-08-2012, 02:18 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:

this is what i'll never figure out about fans. Nino accomplished about as little as you possibly can in an NHL season for a high 1st round pick, yet, because Nino is a little more physical and he went higher at #5 as opposed to #10 where Paajarvi went, Nino is of more value! Nino's -29 for plus minus was gawd awful...at least Magnus has one season of 15 goals and 19 assists under his belt. if anyone is worth more it's Paajarvi !!

Old
07-08-2012, 02:22 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
I knew Oilers fans would only quote the first part of what I said and valiantly try to defend RNH.

I was using him as an example, relax. But thanks again for ignoring my main point: If you want to acquire Nino, you'll have to pay what the Islanders believe his worth is, not Oilers fans or Blues fans on hfboards.
Nugent-Hopkins hardly needs defending, his actions this past season speak for itself. what the Isles might believe Nino is worth and what he's actually worth and what the Isles would end up getting for him are different things. his value is pretty low right now, so maybe the Isles would be better off just keeping him?

Old
07-08-2012, 02:23 PM
CodeE

Doesn't matter if every Oilers fan (and Blues fans... why are they so involved in an Isles/Oilers trade proposal???) in the world says Paajarvi has more value... Islanders still won't trade Nino for him.

Both players underachieved last season, and we'd rather keep our underachiever. Nino isn't untouchable, but if you want him on your team, you're going to have to deliver a package that's acceptable to both sides, not just the side you're on.

Old
07-08-2012, 02:24 PM
CodeE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
Nugent-Hopkins hardly needs defending, his actions this past season speak for itself. what the Isles might believe Nino is worth and what he's actually worth and what the Isles would end up getting for him are different things. his value is pretty low right now, so maybe the Isles would be better off just keeping him?
Bingo.

Old
07-08-2012, 02:25 PM
missinthejets

Quote:

the issue that people are having with your statements is that you are sayin nino has more value than his season had implying that there's no value being offered, but every excuse you're making for him can be made for Paajarvi as well, and he at least had a successful rookie season so by all rights he should hold more value. You can't pump one guys tires and ignore their issues and assume the other one is crap.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:27 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinthejets View Post
the issue that people are having with your statements is that you are sayin nino has more value than his season had implying that there's no value being offered, but every excuse you're making for him can be made for Paajarvi as well, and he at least had a successful rookie season so by all rights he should hold more value. You can't pump one guys tires and ignore their issues and assume the other one is crap.
Bingo!

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:27 PM
TheSpaceman

Surprised at the amount of Nino support. The guy got 1 point in a nhl season. When has that ever happened? We have a 22 year old player who averages 40+ points every single year yet he is a global bust? But this guy isnt?

PRV > Nino in every stat and NHL game of their young careers. PRV has shown some potential and had highlight reel moments. If Nino would have not gotten that single point he would have had one of the worst seasons (possible worst) in NHL history for a offensive forward.

Sorry guys.

TheSpaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:28 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinthejets View Post
If the isles were shopping Nino,then they and their fans would be concerned about what others think his value is.

But,since the Isles are not trying to move Nino,who cares what anyone outside the NYI organization thinks of Nino's value?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:29 PM
TheSpaceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin8se7en View Post
in terms of value:
Mps > worst statistical player in the nhl

dipietro had twice as many points in half as many games... Lol
100%

TheSpaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Ddeathblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacheesh View Post
Paajarvi was 19 when he put up 34 points.
Exactly what I came to post. Nino is almost 20, you can use 21 and 19 but Nino is barely a year younger than Magnus. And Paajarvi scored 34 points in his 19-20 year old NHL season.

I think it's obvious that Paajarvi's the better player, but the Islanders drafted him hoping he'd become an offensive dynamo with some physicality. While he had a terrible year, I don't think they want to give up on him two years after drafting him 5th overall. So while I think the proposal is slanted in the Oilers favor, I cannot see the Isles making that deal either, especially with the uncertainty with the 1st round picks.

Ddeathblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Trading Nino now makes zero sense.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote