HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Discussion for all prospects including Adirondack Phantoms (AHL)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2012, 09:02 PM
  #201
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I remember it too. It was the main training camp he attended last year, not rookie camp. He hurt his knee in preseason.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/pag...te-roster-cuts

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2012/01...year-old-spot/
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
thanks for looking it up. it must be tough to miss a whole season at his age.
Ah, so that's why I couldn't find him on the 11' rookie camp roster, he didn't attend the rookie camp but the main.

Too bad for the guy missing a whole season.

bp spec is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 10:57 PM
  #202
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Prospect Camp list is out:

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=636334

Poor Andrew Johnston got listed as a camp invitee.

Also, Trevor van Riemsdyk invited.
They have corrected Johnston now but I notice than Manning is listed as an invitee. I see that Mountain is back this year again.

jd2210 is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:32 AM
  #203
BillDineen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,634
vCash: 500
More Phantoms:

Philadelphia Flyers ‏@NHLFlyers
#Flyers have signed defensemen Cullen Eddy & Danny Syvret, and forward Mike Testwuide to contracts.

BillDineen is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:37 AM
  #204
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,108
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
More Phantoms:

Philadelphia Flyers ‏@NHLFlyers
#Flyers have signed defensemen Cullen Eddy & Danny Syvret, and forward Mike Testwuide to contracts.
Syvret again?

RJ8812 is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:40 AM
  #205
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,108
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
They have corrected Johnston now but I notice than Manning is listed as an invitee. I see that Mountain is back this year again.
Chase Hatcher? is that Derian's son?

RJ8812 is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 11:06 AM
  #206
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Chase Hatcher? is that Derian's son?
Yup.

Amateur Hour is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 11:43 AM
  #207
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,626
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Chase Hatcher? is that Derian's son?
John Stevens kid and Coburn's brother as well.

shocked we havent inquired about Kyle Wellwood yet.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 03:43 PM
  #208
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
This may have been mentioned elsewhere but Garrett Roe and Zac Fitzgerald were signed to AHL contracts. Fitzgerald lead the AHL in penalty minutes last year.

jd2210 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 08:17 AM
  #209
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 50
Good that Roe stays in Adirondack. I like him.

bp spec is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 04:39 PM
  #210
ilovetheflyers8
Registered User
 
ilovetheflyers8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: D.C.
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 4,876
vCash: 500
Cal Heeter interview from March. Nothing ground breaking, basically a typical hockey interview with not much to it, but he seems like a good dude. He says he is a hybrid goalie more than a pure butterfly goalie and he majored in marketing.


ilovetheflyers8 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:46 PM
  #211
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Thanks for the post. I love the moron who thought that just because he signed with the Flyers meant that he had already played NHL games.

jd2210 is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:43 PM
  #212
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
Thanks for the post. I love the moron who thought that just because he signed with the Flyers meant that he had already played NHL games.
Haha, I feel sorry for Cal. Stupid questions asked by a man with one of the most irritating voices I've heard for a while. Heeter seems to be a great guy though.

bp spec is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 10:20 PM
  #213
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,626
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
This may have been mentioned elsewhere but Garrett Roe and Zac Fitzgerald were signed to AHL contracts. Fitzgerald lead the AHL in penalty minutes last year.
who cares about wins and scoring goals. its all about entertainment and winning all the fights right?

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 11:00 AM
  #214
Calderone
old time hockey
 
Calderone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philly Metro Area
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
who cares about wins and scoring goals. its all about entertainment and winning all the fights right?
impossible to win games and have entertaining fights??

Calderone is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 11:18 AM
  #215
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,626
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderone View Post
impossible to win games and have entertaining fights??
no but it always seems the Phamtoms like the Flyers have to have stupid on their hockey team.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 08:43 PM
  #216
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,290
vCash: 500
So i know we were wondering why noebels isnt at the develop camp. Well dont know of he is hurt or actually there but according to twitter he is in philly (hes friends with manning)

sa cyred is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 02:39 AM
  #217
Rick Deckard
Registered User
 
Rick Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
So i know we were wondering why noebels isnt at the develop camp. Well dont know of he is hurt or actually there but according to twitter he is in philly (hes friends with manning)
Have you read anything about Placek?

Rick Deckard is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 09:15 AM
  #218
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
Have you read anything about Placek?
Can't say I have. I know he had some injury problems this past season, so that might be the case.

sa cyred is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 11:37 AM
  #219
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,406
vCash: 500
Interesting read on some prospects in camp: http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...-prospect-camp

FYI article says Noebels is not injured

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 01:06 PM
  #220
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Overall some interesting info. A few things though: 1- I thought that Johnston was going to play with the Phantoms and that the reason his contract was so high was to keep him from going to Union. 2- Mangene spent half of the season on D and half as a forward. The article is suggesting the Flyers are the ones that came up with the idea of him being a forward. 3- I don't think I agree with the idea about Noebels being held out because they think he'll make the Flyers. Rinaldo was in prospect camp last year, Parent was there when he had already played a bunch of NHL games, Manning will be there and so on.

Of the invitees Clapperton and Fyten intrigue me the most.

jd2210 is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 01:34 PM
  #221
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
Overall some interesting info. A few things though: 1- I thought that Johnston was going to play with the Phantoms and that the reason his contract was so high was to keep him from going to Union. 2- Mangene spent half of the season on D and half as a forward. The article is suggesting the Flyers are the ones that came up with the idea of him being a forward. 3- I don't think I agree with the idea about Noebels being held out because they think he'll make the Flyers. Rinaldo was in prospect camp last year, Parent was there when he had already played a bunch of NHL games, Manning will be there and so on.

Of the invitees Clapperton and Fyten intrigue me the most.
1. If Johnston is not on the Phantoms he'll be in the ECHL, either way he'll turn pro this year.
2. Yeah the author does make it sound like the flyers came up with the idea of giving him a shot at forward which is not at all the case. do happen to know what position Mangene played before last season?
3. Yeah that doesn't make sense to me either but the author comes right out and says its just speculation. No idea why he's not in camp though.

anyone know definitively what the goalie situation will look like in the AHL? I'm assuming Hovinen as the number 1 with Heeter backing him up but I haven't heard any new about when Hovinen will be coming over. I know Euroflyer tweeted a while back that Hovinen's agent said he would be getting hip surgery in the states and that he planned on staying here but that was a while ago and i haven't heard anything since.


Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 07-08-2012 at 01:41 PM.
FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 02:25 PM
  #222
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 1810
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
1. If Johnston is not on the Phantoms he'll be in the ECHL, either way he'll turn pro this year.
2. Yeah the author does make it sound like the flyers came up with the idea of giving him a shot at forward which is not at all the case. do happen to know what position Mangene played before last season?
3. Yeah that doesn't make sense to me either but the author comes right out and says its just speculation. No idea why he's not in camp though.

anyone know definitively what the goalie situation will look like in the AHL? I'm assuming Hovinen as the number 1 with Heeter backing him up but I haven't heard any new about when Hovinen will be coming over. I know Euroflyer tweeted a while back that Hovinen's agent said he would be getting hip surgery in the states and that he planned on staying here but that was a while ago and i haven't heard anything since.
Chris Pryor said in an interview that he expects Hovinen to start with Heeter backing him up.

BillyShoe1721 is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 02:29 PM
  #223
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 1810
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Interesting read on some prospects in camp: http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...-prospect-camp

FYI article says Noebels is not injured
There are a couple things that are wrong in that article. Mangene was a forward last year, and Johnston can't play at Union next year because he has an NHL contract. Can't play with one of those in the NCAA.

BillyShoe1721 is offline  
Old
07-08-2012, 03:30 PM
  #224
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
There are a couple things that are wrong in that article. Mangene was a forward last year, and Johnston can't play at Union next year because he has an NHL contract. Can't play with one of those in the NCAA.
If I'm not mistaken Mangene played forward and defense last year and the latter was corrected in the comments. Johnston will be turning pro this years which means either AHL of ECHL.

edit:
Quote:
Mangene, 23 (3-12-89), recently completed his junior year at Maine, where he appeared in all 40 games for the Black Bears this season. He recorded 16 goals and 18 assists for 34 points while seeing time both at defense and forward for head coach Tim Whitehead.
Link: http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=625543

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
07-09-2012, 08:35 AM
  #225
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,203
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclear reactor View Post
I am officially adding Chaput to the list of future game breakers wasted by this organization.

1. Scottie Upshall
2. Jonas Erickson
3. Pat Marroon
4. Mark Chaput
I assume this sarcasm...

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.