HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

JayBo to NYI

Old
07-08-2012, 04:46 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 1295
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
lmao, how many games did you see Grabner play?
I have not made a comment about him???

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:50 PM
AndThereGoesGrabner

vCash: 500
I wouldn't give up Grabner for two Bouwmeesters!! J-Bo is as soft as they come & is obscenely overpaid! Heck, Grabner is a better PKer than J-Bo and he is a freaken forward!!!!

AndThereGoesGrabner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:53 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
If hes such a great defenseman why was he a -21?
Is Mark Streit a crap player? He was -27 last year. How about Nino Niederreiter? His -29 was spectacular! Or how about Milan Jurcina? His -34 was epic! All of them crap players by your standard.

+/- is a horrible stat to hang on any one player. That is a team stat and everyone on the ice eats it on a goal against. When you play against the best opposition you're going to eat a lot of goals against, especially when your forwards don't back check for you. Bouwmeester was om e ice for a lot against last season, but most of the time the forwards weren't getting it done and contributed to that big minus. I'm sure the same issues affcted the Islanders.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:55 PM
CodeE

Jurcina is a crap player though.

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:55 PM
kresco

Sigh..... all of those out there that "think" that bouwmeester is not a top pairing defenceman need to look past alot of the stats. You cannot just look at +/- or points. There is so much more that makes a defencman great. Bouwmeester is first and foremost a offensive D. Since his time in Calgary he has not been given opportunity to do that. He does not get alot of PP time as he is put more on the PK (as thats where Clagary really needs him). He puts in 28 mins a night and is given the mission to shut down the Crosby's and Stamko's of the league. Yes he had a bad year last year but look at all the great D's in the league look who they get to play with as a defence partner. Bouwmeester was matched up all year with Chris Butler, a kid who couldn't even crack Buffalos lineup. Yes there are great D making 7 mil / season and im not discrediting them but for example, Suter played with Weber in front of Rinne, yes they all have ridiculous skill but you cant tell me that if Bouwmeester was in suters spot and suter was in bouwmeesters their numbers would be majorly flip flopped, Bouwmeester skates amazingly, puts the team first by not jumping in to be flashy offensivly but is smart enough to realize that is not his role, he puts in 28 mins a night and playes agains the toughest lines in the NHL and is the current Iron man of the league. Say what you want but the guy is an amazing defencman who has been thrown under the bus and still goes out every night to perform.

kresco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndThereGoesGrabner View Post
I wouldn't give up Grabner for two Bouwmeesters!! J-Bo is as soft as they come & is obscenely overpaid! Heck, Grabner is a better PKer than J-Bo and he is a freaken forward!!!!
I figure you might be a little biased due to your username

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:59 PM
AndThereGoesGrabner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
I figure you might be a little biased due to your username
I am bias, but it is still the truth!!!

Old
07-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kresco View Post
Sigh..... all of those out there that "think" that bouwmeester is not a top pairing defenceman need to look past alot of the stats. You cannot just look at +/- or points. There is so much more that makes a defencman great. Bouwmeester is first and foremost a offensive D. Since his time in Calgary he has not been given opportunity to do that. He does not get alot of PP time as he is put more on the PK (as thats where Clagary really needs him). He puts in 28 mins a night and is given the mission to shut down the Crosby's and Stamko's of the league. Yes he had a bad year last year but look at all the great D's in the league look who they get to play with as a defence partner. Bouwmeester was matched up all year with Chris Butler, a kid who couldn't even crack Buffalos lineup. Yes there are great D making 7 mil / season and im not discrediting them but for example, Suter played with Weber in front of Rinne, yes they all have ridiculous skill but you cant tell me that if Bouwmeester was in suters spot and suter was in bouwmeesters their numbers would be majorly flip flopped, Bouwmeester skates amazingly, puts the team first by not jumping in to be flashy offensivly but is smart enough to realize that is not his role, he puts in 28 mins a night and playes agains the toughest lines in the NHL and is the current Iron man of the league. Say what you want but the guy is an amazing defencman who has been thrown under the bus and still goes out every night to perform.
Kind of weird I was defending Bouwmeester at one point and am now going to try to trash this post...but...a lot of the bolded stuff I don't agree with or just isn't true.

-Offensive D? Doesn't really have the vision. He's primarily defense first. He can contribute, but couldn't so far in his tenure in Calgary because of being misused. That much I can agree with.

-While there are stars in the West, using Stamkos and Crosby as examples is just terrible when they're both in the east.

-Kipper had one of his better seasons this year. Rinne, believable yes but not significantly so. If JBouw and Suter traded, you can say that he'll have better stats because he's on a better team but not just of Rinne.

-Not a class act because he's not jumping but because he was held back for the most part. Sutter's fault there.

-Perform...sorta not really. Defensively, adequate to good depending on each game. Offensively, still a black whole. We'll see this year though.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
I am bias, but it is still the truth!!!
Something about this isn't quite right.

Old
07-08-2012, 05:06 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
The last thing we need is another winger. Either a top 2 centerman or several good prospects.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:08 PM
AndThereGoesGrabner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelstyle View Post
Something about this isn't quite right.
I've watch J-Bo sice he was a Panther & he is SOFT, SOFT, SOFT!!!!

Old
07-08-2012, 05:11 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
Is Mark Streit a crap player? He was -27 last year. How about Nino Niederreiter? His -29 was spectacular! Or how about Milan Jurcina? His -34 was epic! All of them crap players by your standard.

+/- is a horrible stat to hang on any one player. That is a team stat and everyone on the ice eats it on a goal against. When you play against the best opposition you're going to eat a lot of goals against, especially when your forwards don't back check for you. Bouwmeester was om e ice for a lot against last season, but most of the time the forwards weren't getting it done and contributed to that big minus. I'm sure the same issues affcted the Islanders.
Streit had a terrible first half to the season recovering from an injury. He also played with Jurcina(very big guy, very slow, out of position a lot) and eaton who isnt that good either. Streit sill put up 47 points in a bad year.

Nino- should have never been on the team

Jurcina- is terrible

Hamonic and Amac played against the other teams top line. Hamonic was a +6 and Amac was a -5.

btw none of these guys make 6.68 million.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Sheva7

Isles fan here.

For the record, Jaybo is a damn good defenceman.

However, I don't see the isles pulling the trigger on this one for a few reasons.

1. He's overpaid and IMO Snow won't pay anyone more than what he's paying Tavares.

2. Grabner is younger and is signed for cheap cheap cheap.

3. Isles don't know what they have with Grabner yet. Hes only played 2 full seasons. Scored 34 goals as a rookie and sucked ass last year.

But it's his speed that can truely make him a special player. Snow is def gonna hang on to him.

Sheva7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:31 PM
AndThereGoesGrabner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheva7 View Post
Isles fan here.

For the record, Jaybo is a damn good defenceman.

However, I don't see the isles pulling the trigger on this one for a few reasons.

1. He's overpaid and IMO Snow won't pay anyone more than what he's paying Tavares.

2. Grabner is younger and is signed for cheap cheap cheap.

3. Isles don't know what they have with Grabner yet. Hes only played 2 full seasons. Scored 34 goals as a rookie and sucked ass last year.

But it's his speed that can truely make him a special player. Snow is def gonna hang on to him.
Grabs sucked ass last year & still scored 21 goals!!!

Old
07-08-2012, 05:36 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
We have no need for Grabner this deal doesn't make sense for us.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Quote:
If hes such a great defenseman why was he a -21?
Filip Kuba:

10/11: -26
11/12: +26

Judging by his +/-, he wen't from one of the leagues worst defensive defensemen to one of the best ones in just a year. Talk about a late bloomer.

And this is why you just can't draw conclusions strictly by looking at +/-. There's so many things to consider that affects that stat.

Last edited by Elvs: 07-08-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
Filip Kuba:

10/11: -26
11/12: +26

Judging by his +/-, he wen't from one of the leagues worst defensive defensemen to one of the best ones in just a year. Talk about a late bloomer.
Talk about playing with Karlsson.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
*whoosh*

Old
07-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Sheva7

Quote:
True, he did manage to score 21, but he was really poor in several areas of the game last year. He's got a lot of stuff to work on.

You gotta look past the numbers. Stats never tell the whole story.

Sheva7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Zbynek

This is a confusing thread.

JayBo certainly has trade value, but not here, and he's certainly not worth Grabner + a top prospect. Grabner is a young snipemaster with a serious set of wheels that A LOT of teams would be interested in if he was available for trade. The dude is fast as ****. The Islanders could certainly yield a better return than JayBo for a player like Grabner; the thought of adding a prospect like Nelson perplexes me.

If the rumors are true about the Islanders wanting Bouwmeester, then Garth Snow has honestly outdone himself. Didn't NYI just acquire Visnosky? It literally makes no sense for them to target JayBo if you ask me.

If NYI is willing to unload Grabner for a PMD, then I know somebody who has an even better cap hit . Call up Ray Shero, we'll give you Paul Martin, and we'll even add to our side

Zbynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:01 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbynek View Post
If the rumors are true about the Islanders wanting Bouwmeester, then Garth Snow has honestly outdone himself. Didn't NYI just acquire Visnosky? It literally makes no sense for them to target JayBo if you ask me.
The Islanders still need to add another legit top 4 defenseman. As the old saying goes beggars can't be choosers. I guess one could make the argument they should go all out for Shea Weber, but 1 he would be a hell of alot more expensive then J-Bo 2 chances of him resigning with us are slim

Last year the defense basically consisted of Streit, Hamonic and 4 or 5 guys who would be better suited to being bottom pairing guys and look where that got us. I am actually of the belief that our lack of getting the puck out of our own zone(defense) was more of a problem then guys upfront not scoring. Simple fact is more time we spend out of the defensive zone the more opporunities will happen for us to score.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Yah it was all karlssons doing defensively in that pairing

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Yah it was all karlssons doing defensively in that pairing
It's not hard to take most O faceoffs, and play with an offensive beast that won the Norris trophy, to increase your +/-.

Old
07-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
The Islanders still need to add another legit top 4 defenseman. As the old saying goes beggars can't be choosers. I guess one could make the argument they should go all out for Shea Weber, but 1 he would be a hell of alot more expensive then J-Bo 2 chances of him resigning with us are slim

Last year the defense basically consisted of Streit, Hamonic and 4 or 5 guys who would be better suited to being bottom pairing guys and look where that got us. I am actually of the belief that our lack of getting the puck out of our own zone(defense) was more of a problem then guys upfront not scoring. Simple fact is more time we spend out of the defensive zone the more opporunities will happen for us to score.
You want Komisarek and Franson? It'll take a good amount.

Old
07-08-2012, 06:39 PM
StrongIslanders90

I was always against us getting him but he logs big min and plays 82 games every year....

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote