*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2012, 04:14 PM
JL17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by urs9 View Post
When Patterson played, he was never hung out to dry. Actually, I remember the two full games he played in London. If anything, the team was extra careful defensively, hence his good stats. I remember the game in Owen Sound too but most of your post just confused me. Whether Houser comes back or not, Hunter will figure out his goaltending. The team will be too good this year to have shotty goalies.
How about that Kingston game??? London forgot to play in that one.

Old
07-08-2012, 04:15 PM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
So who do you think London will go after to be their starter? Assuming Florida has a spot for Houser in their system.
If they are looking for a vet it could very well be chartrand or windsor

Old
07-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
So who do you think London will go after to be their starter? Assuming Florida has a spot for Houser in their system.
Would have to think so. That said, Im not sure what is out there that would be a huge upgrade. We also dont know if Houser gets sent back, which he could.

If they do get a true #1 that can play upwards of 50 games, then I think Patterson backs up and Herbst goes to the Nationals to play 40+ times a game. I was incorrect when I stated first round picks have to be rostered, that rule was modified two years ago.

Old
07-08-2012, 04:20 PM
JL17

Quote:
Hold on there with that... Florida maybe in the hunt for Luongo... But they already have Theodore and Clemmeson under contract right now shores up there NHL starters... then they have Markkstrom in the AHL who is knocking on the door .... plus a few other AHL backups. Houser could still be returned.

Old
07-08-2012, 04:25 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Clint Windsor from Saginaw,or Palazzese from Kitchener though I doubt Kitch will help the Knights
As it shapes up now its appears the Rangers,Knights and Whalers are the top 3 in no particular order,presuming the Knights grab a goalie,the rest of teams will battle for the other spots 4-8 with nobody jumping out as favs for the # 4 spot
Good thing spots are not decided in July
The West will be pretty tough to call this year

Old
07-08-2012, 04:41 PM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Clint Windsor from Saginaw,or Palazzese from Kitchener though I doubt Kitch will help the Knights
As it shapes up now its appears the Rangers,Knights and Whalers are the top 3 in no particular order,presuming the Knights grab a goalie,the rest of teams will battle for the other spots 4-8 with nobody jumping out as favs for the # 4 spot
Good thing spots are not decided in July
The West will be pretty tough to call this year
Would love to get pala but no way kitch deals him to us knowing gibson is gone next year

Old
07-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Hold on there with that... Florida maybe in the hunt for Luongo... But they already have Theodore and Clemmeson under contract right now shores up there NHL starters... then they have Markkstrom in the AHL who is knocking on the door .... plus a few other AHL backups. Houser could still be returned.
Houser is the 5th goaltender who has signed. If they do get Luongo (which it looks like they will), then they will not have Theodore or Clemmenson in the AHL blocking Markkstrom. One will be moved, or claimed on waivers.
The other goaltender signed is a 30 year old journeymen.

I do think its 50/50 that he could come back, but as things stand right now, I dont see why Florida sends him back if he is ready for a new challenge, (which I think we all agree he) and they really dont have anyone in their system that is blocking him from being an AHL backup.

Old
07-08-2012, 05:18 PM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Ive said from the beginning I dont believe Houser will be back, really he has nothing left to prove in the OHL. I see him signing and starting in the ECHL to get more playing time with Markstrom starting in the AHL.

Also, yes if they trade for Luongo one of Theodore/Clemmensen will be going to Vancouver so no worries with one of those two being sent down.

Old
07-08-2012, 05:27 PM
dino200022

I dont know why he would sign with the Panthers there pipeline is pretty deep. Even if u backup Markstrom in the AHL next season once Brittain is signed then u are no further ahead. I dont see why he would not want to test the Jets camp since they are very shaky between the pipes. Pasquale and Wentzel, Houser should be able to pass them in a matter of no time. Good for him if he does sign though, If florida signs him he will be back most likely in the O as I heard he was quite medicore at D camp.

Old
07-08-2012, 06:03 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post
If they are looking for a vet it could very well be chartrand or windsor
No offence...but I'd rather let the rook take the reigns. Those 2 are career backups in the OHL for a reason.

In other news...Dansk is reporting to Erie.

http://thehockeyguys.net/andrei-vasi...r-other-notes/

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 07-08-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old
07-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Miller4Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
No offence...but I'd rather let the rook take the reigns. Those 2 are career backups in the OHL for a reason.

In other news...Dansk is reporting to Erie.

http://thehockeyguys.net/andrei-vasi...r-other-notes/
I don't doubt that he will sign, but Todd Cordell works for HockeyBuzz (aka Eklund), I don't know if its quite official yet. Well see.

Old
07-08-2012, 06:35 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller4Gold View Post
I don't doubt that he will sign, but Todd Cordell works for HockeyBuzz (aka Eklund), I don't know if its quite official yet. Well see.
a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Old
07-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Miller4Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
a stopped clock is right twice a day.
haha touche

Old
07-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
I dont know why he would sign with the Panthers there pipeline is pretty deep. Even if u backup Markstrom in the AHL next season once Brittain is signed then u are no further ahead.
Sure you would be. Britton will play in the NCAA after blowing out his knee last year. He was limited to only 12 games. He will sign, but probably after he gets a solid year of starting.

Next year, Markstrom is in the NHL regardless, he is arguably ready now, so once he moves forward, Britton and Houser will battle to start in the AHL. Sounds like a perfect plan actually.

Quote:
I dont see why he would not want to test the Jets camp since they are very shaky between the pipes.
After fighting and crawling for an opportunity, I doubt he walks away from one, and to be honest, probably knows its his best opportunity to be in the AHL next year.

Quote:
If florida signs him he will be back most likely in the O as I heard he was quite medicore at D camp.
Knowing the few NHL guys (and how scouting works) one weekend does not make a player. His play last year earned him the contract, and his play last year and in training camp will dictate where he plays, not a random weekend in July. Besides, He earned an NHL contract, he could not have been that 'poor'.

Congrats to him, and congrats to the Knights for playing a role in his development.

Old
07-08-2012, 08:18 PM
WinniJet

Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Sure you would be. Britton will play in the NCAA after blowing out his knee last year. He was limited to only 12 games. He will sign, but probably after he gets a solid year of starting.

Next year, Markstrom is in the NHL regardless, he is arguably ready now, so once he moves forward, Britton and Houser will battle to start in the AHL. Sounds like a perfect plan actually.

After fighting and crawling for an opportunity, I doubt he walks away from one, and to be honest, probably knows its his best opportunity to be in the AHL next year.

Knowing the few NHL guys (and how scouting works) one weekend does not make a player. His play last year earned him the contract, and his play last year and in training camp will dictate where he plays, not a random weekend in July. Besides, He earned an NHL contract, he could not have been that 'poor'.

Congrats to him, and congrats to the Knights for playing a role in his development.
I wanted to see him come to the Jets camp this week and sign but congrats to Houser. Everything you said is right on....the agents, players, coaches, GM's know the "real" deal....as fans we think we know but 9/10 times we're not even close.

Old
07-09-2012, 10:32 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Ill second that. Good luck Mr Houser.

Old
07-09-2012, 12:35 PM
aresknights

Its official, Houser signs.
What does Mark look to do now?
1st rd highly touted Herbst along with Patterson already here. Its a year, unlike when last year started, where the Knights are expected to challenge for the league title.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhock...033738963.html

Old
07-10-2012, 02:46 PM
sportnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
1st rd highly touted Herbst along with Patterson already here. Its a year, unlike when last year started, where the Knights are expected to challenge for the league title.

What happens to Jammes and Elie with all the new players? Any chances they ask to be traded or Mark decides to trade them or could they fit in the picture?
Saw Macdonald play at the U-17 on Saturday and Sunday. Great player, but I don't think he is OHL ready just yet, especially not on a team as deep as London!

Old
07-10-2012, 02:49 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:

Wow, congrats to Houser. I still can't quite figure out why he wasn't drafted, but good on Florida to give him a shot.

Now who the hell do I pick in my pool? LOL

Old
07-10-2012, 03:27 PM
ORYX

I suspect he wasnt drafted because of his medical condition (Clubbed Feet), although corrected to the best of possible.

Perhaps an NHL team that was interested in drafting him (in this case Florida, evidently) wanted to get him into camp and get a better evaluation of his play in house as well as their own medical staff to look at him in his physical to identify any potential risks etc.

Glad he got a shot and signed. I doubt we see him back in the O.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:08 PM
bruins999

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
How about that Kingston game??? London forgot to play in that one.
Again, no. We get it you have a vendetta with the Hunters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportnut View Post
What happens to Jammes and Elie with all the new players? Any chances they ask to be traded or Mark decides to trade them or could they fit in the picture?
Saw Macdonald play at the U-17 on Saturday and Sunday. Great player, but I don't think he is OHL ready just yet, especially not on a team as deep as London!
I doubt MacDonald plays with the Knights this year. Jammes will have to prove himself. As will all the other '95s that weren't here last year. Would make great trade bait for a goalie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Wow, congrats to Houser. I still can't quite figure out why he wasn't drafted, but good on Florida to give him a shot.

Now who the hell do I pick in my pool? LOL
Wouldn't have been good use of assets using a pick on a '92 in a'94 draft when you can sign him two weeks later. Good for him. Hope he does well. Patterson and Herbst will probably get chances on the #1 job early, then I expect an upgrade because it probably won't go that great.

Old
07-10-2012, 05:04 PM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by urs9 View Post
Again, no. We get it you have a vendetta with the Hunters.

So where's the vendetta against the Hunters??? Ya I don't agree with some of what they do everyone is entitled to there own opinions... So I speak mine.

Patterson didn't have a ton of shots but the majority of saves he made were because his D broke down and left quality shots on him. I'm remember his body language after the last goal he allowed... it wasn't one of a happy goalie with his team.

Bobkov may have stole that game but London lacked anything in their own end.

Old
07-11-2012, 08:36 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportnut View Post
A few X factors still out there. Do they sign McCarron this year? They still have to sign Broadhurst. If they want to add a vet G or top 4 D a couple Fs maybe on the way out opening up a spot or two.

As it sits now I think both maybe in tough to grab a spot. Jammes brings a skill set and Elie maybe a bit of jam. Id give an edge to Jammes making it of the 2.

Id think of moving Jammes in a package, there is just so little room up front. Esp if Broadhurst and McCarron sign up.

Thank for the update on MacD. A few people high on the kid and he may get a chance to work his way into the lineup as the season moves forward. Ala Ruperts 2 years ago.

Theres just so much depth up front MArk can go in a few directions.

Old
07-11-2012, 08:46 AM
PetesFan94

Quote:
A few X factors still out there. Do they sign McCarron this year? They still have to sign Broadhurst. If they want to add a vet G or top 4 D a couple Fs maybe on the way out opening up a spot or two.

As it sits now I think both maybe in tough to grab a spot. Jammes brings a skill set and Elie maybe a bit of jam. Id give an edge to Jammes making it of the 2.

Id think of moving Jammes in a package, there is just so little room up front. Esp if Broadhurst and McCarron sign up.

Thank for the update on MacD. A few people high on the kid and he may get a chance to work his way into the lineup as the season moves forward. Ala Ruperts 2 years ago.

Theres just so much depth up front MArk can go in a few directions.
The rights to Jammes for Derek Mathers? if Jammes would report that is..

Old
07-11-2012, 01:19 PM
aresknights

Sold

IMO Jammes isnt needed at this time, and wed have Mathers for 2 yrs (?)

The Knights did the hard sell with Jammes last year but he decided to stay closer to home, so I know they liked the kid. Not sure theyd flip him but I cant see where he makes the team this year, esp if Broadhurst and McCarron show up.

Last edited by aresknights: 07-11-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Closed Thread