HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The Webs/Suts Rose Ceremony - All Ryan Suter/Shea Weber FA talk

View Poll Results: Do you think that we should trade Ryan Suter at the deadline?
Yes, we need to get something for him rather than nothing. 18 30.51%
No, he's more valuable than any return that we would get for him. 41 69.49%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-05-2012, 09:16 PM
  #801
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle View Post
In April, Leipold was quoted as saying ""We're not making money, and that's one reason we need to fix our system. We need to fix how much we're spending right now. [The Wild's] revenues are fine. We're down a little bit in attendance, but we're up in sponsorships, we're up in TV revenue. And so the revenue that we're generating is not the issue as much as our expenses. And [the Wild's] biggest expense by far is player salaries."


At the opening of free agency, I heard radio reports that Leipold was quoted as saying to the effect the Wild were going to spend money; they were "going for it".

When I read Leipold was flying people into Madison to visit Suter, I wondered if he sensed something familiar with Leipold.

As an outside observer, shades of deja vu. The only thing missing is a plea for others to step up and purchase shares in the team. Maybe that comes six months after the CBA is resolved.
Baldsilly will sign a LOI with the promise of keeping the team in Minny

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:18 PM
  #802
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 9,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Same question I asked on the Devils board:

I don't know if it's been asked or not but come 2014 are you cheering for team USA??? I'm not!! I'm hoping $uter and Pari$e never win anything including a Gold medal plus Kesler will be on team USA and it makes them easier to hate than love.
Is that a real question? I'm gonna cheer my heart out for team USA for sure.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:29 PM
  #803
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
I'll still cheer team USA... I cheered for them when they had Chelios, Modano, Hull and Tkachuk. The Olympics do weird things to me.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:32 AM
  #804
Queensdevil
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 458
vCash: 500
I always cheer on my country. I despise Landon Donovan in soccer but that didn't stop me from weeping like a baby in celebration when he scored in the dying seconds to put us through to the next round in the last world cup.

Queensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:49 AM
  #805
OrrNumber4
Registered User
 
OrrNumber4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 6,592
vCash: 500
There are individuals claiming that Weber has been spotted in SJ talking with Wilson and T-Mac....any truth to this?

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:59 AM
  #806
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
I'll still cheer team USA... I cheered for them when they had Chelios, Modano, Hull and Tkachuk. The Olympics do weird things to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queensdevil View Post
I always cheer on my country. I despise Landon Donovan in soccer but that didn't stop me from weeping like a baby in celebration when he scored in the dying seconds to put us through to the next round in the last world cup.
Exactly.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:00 AM
  #807
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 9,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
There are individuals claiming that Weber has been spotted in SJ talking with Wilson and T-Mac....any truth to this?
Source?

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:17 AM
  #808
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,049
vCash: 500
It wasn't Weber, it was Shimon Moore. Sick Puppies are playing there.


triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:57 AM
  #809
RaiderDoug
Registered User
 
RaiderDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Knoxville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Same question I asked on the Devils board:

I don't know if it's been asked or not but come 2014 are you cheering for team USA??? I'm not!! I'm hoping $uter and Pari$e never win anything including a Gold medal plus Kesler will be on team USA and it makes them easier to hate than love.
I've actually thought about this. With likely no Preds on Team USA, and unlikeable players like Kesler, Suter, Parise - I think i'll pull for Pekka and the Fins.

I've no problem cheering against USA teams - I cheer for anyone who's playing USA in soccer, as I want them out of the world cup, or any tourney they're in as quickly as possible - get that crap off my TV.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:31 PM
  #810
utmfisher19
Registered User
 
utmfisher19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nashville, Tn
Country: United States
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queensdevil View Post
I always cheer on my country. I despise Landon Donovan in soccer but that didn't stop me from weeping like a baby in celebration when he scored in the dying seconds to put us through to the next round in the last world cup.
Must be tough to hate BY FAR the best player to ever play for our country.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:37 PM
  #811
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
Must be tough to hate BY FAR the best player to ever play for our country.
By far?! I dunno, this guy wasn't too shabby...


Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:54 PM
  #812
luckofirish8
Registered User
 
luckofirish8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 126
vCash: 500


Not to mention this guy is currently a better player and will pass Donovan as the greatest US footballer ever.

luckofirish8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:45 PM
  #813
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I've actually thought about this. With likely no Preds on Team USA, and unlikeable players like Kesler, Suter, Parise - I think i'll pull for Pekka and the Fins.

I've no problem cheering against USA teams - I cheer for anyone who's playing USA in soccer, as I want them out of the world cup, or any tourney they're in as quickly as possible - get that crap off my TV.
I have trouble cheering for the NBA players in the Olympics also

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:33 PM
  #814
FeedingFrenzy
Registered User
 
FeedingFrenzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,246
vCash: 500
Sharks fan here. Didn't follow the Suter saga early on last year.Was Suter ever offered an extension last year? Or was Poile strictly going by his november conversation that Suter wasn't leaving the team? At the end of the day hockey is still a business and I am surprised Poile/Preds didnt have something to offer and sign by xmas 2011 or he gets traded. Atleast the Preds could say they offered him xx amount and he turned it down. Nashville could have traded him in January for some quality personnel. Hope they learned a lesson, albeit the hard way. Truly sorry you guys got hosed by Suter..

FeedingFrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:42 PM
  #815
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingFrenzy View Post
Sharks fan here. Didn't follow the Suter saga early on last year.Was Suter ever offered an extension last year? Or was Poile strictly going by his november conversation that Suter wasn't leaving the team? At the end of the day hockey is still a business and I am surprised Poile/Preds didnt have something to offer and sign by xmas 2011 or he gets traded. Atleast the Preds could say they offered him xx amount and he turned it down. Nashville could have traded him in January for some quality personnel. Hope they learned a lesson, albeit the hard way. Truly sorry you guys got hosed by Suter..
According to reports we had heard, there had been an agreement on $ and term back in November, but there were some concerns over whether the organization would commit financially to bringing in pieces to complement the team and spend to the cap. Around the ASG, or after, I believe it was reported that the contract was 'on the table,' Suter just had to commit and sign. This is just off the top of my head, but the point is that it seemed pretty clear that Poile had been working on it, and had reasonable belief that Suter intended to stay in Nashville.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:49 PM
  #816
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 22,755
vCash: 500
Puck Daddy Blog on Shea Weber & why he won't get a 1 year massive offer sheet

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:54 PM
  #817
PredsV82
Snot Doc
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,311
vCash: 50
pretty much exactly what we have been saying....

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:56 PM
  #818
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
By far?! I dunno, this guy wasn't too shabby...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckofirish8 View Post
Both Fulham legends. Come On You Whites.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:32 PM
  #819
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
clint dempsey is a diving *****. I hate him. you know who else is? anyone who weber is about to hit. they fall. they try and draw penalties. and then weber kicks dead roses or something related to this thread in their faces.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:46 PM
  #820
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
clint dempsey is a diving *****. I hate him. you know who else is? anyone who weber is about to hit. they fall. they try and draw penalties. and then weber kicks dead roses or something related to this thread in their faces.
Dempsey exaggerates a lot by American standards, but by worldwide standards not so much.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:06 PM
  #821
PredsV82
Snot Doc
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,311
vCash: 50
so can our avatar theme for next season be "Ryan Suter is a lying sack of crap"?

each player's picture comes up with "Erat Sez.." or "Leggey Sez.." and then the next screen is "Ryan Suter is a lying sack of crap" and then the last frame is a steaming pile of poo, wearing a Wild jersey..

someone make it happen...

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:16 PM
  #822
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
so can our avatar theme for next season be "Ryan Suter is a lying sack of crap"?

each player's picture comes up with "Erat Sez.." or "Leggey Sez.." and then the next screen is "Ryan Suter is a lying sack of crap" and then the last frame is a steaming pile of poo, wearing a Wild jersey..

someone make it happen...
oh haha.... please someone make this happen

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:39 AM
  #823
alexmanu
Registered User
 
alexmanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
so can our avatar theme for next season be "Ryan Suter is a lying sack of crap"?

each player's picture comes up with "Erat Sez.." or "Leggey Sez.." and then the next screen is "Ryan Suter is a lying sack of crap" and then the last frame is a steaming pile of poo, wearing a Wild jersey..

someone make it happen...
This NEEDS to happen, someone please make this happen!!!!?

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:44 AM
  #824
Shea Weber
Registered User
 
Shea Weber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 602
vCash: 500
^ Let it go.

jmo.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:03 PM
  #825
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,247
vCash: 500
Yeah if other people want to do it they can but I'm going to let it go. Suter doesn't deserve my frustration anymore.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.