HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

46th Obsequious Banter Thread - Kimbi Daniels and his frequent FLYER miles

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

vCash: 500
I noticed SW:ANH was running concurrently with Top Gun a little while ago, and they both ended at the same time. Turns out if that's the case in television broadcasting both final battle scenes also happen at the same time. I couldn't decide which I found more compelling for a short while. In the end I went with Star Wars. Apologies to Maverick, Merlin, Iceman, and Slider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
So I don't fly home til tOmorrow..: but a little update:
I nearly died on the 2nd day here.... We went out fishing at 4am and a storm popped up and capsized the boat.. We had to sit in the cold water fOr about 45 mins waiting for the Dutch coast guard

Scariest momen in my life
That is scary, hope everyone's okay and was wearing the proper life vests. Aaaaand now for my obligatory joke in poor taste: Did anyone stay afloat by way of the Dutch Rudder?

Old
07-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
I noticed SW:ANH was running concurrently with Top Gun a little while ago, and they both ended at the same time. Turns out if that's the case in television broadcasting both final battle scenes also happen at the same time. I couldn't decide which I found more compelling for a short while. In the end I went with Star Wars. Apologies to Maverick, Merlin, Iceman, and Slider.

That is scary, hope everyone's okay and was wearing the proper life vests. Aaaaand now for my obligatory joke in poor taste: Did anyone stay afloat by way of the Dutch Rudder?

Someone made the same joke in the water

Old
07-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

I wish it was more commonplace for bands and festivals to stream every performance online, even at a small cost. I love live music, but I can't travel everywhere to see shows..

I think if this was to get started, there would be a good bit of money in it for people

Old
07-08-2012, 06:58 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Anyone else catch everyone's favorite () rumor mystery man who shall not be named try and blackmail Darren Dreger on twitter, because Dreger ignores him? Apparently he's beem DMing him tweets of news he broke before Dreger and Dregs blocked him. Could be the most childish, narcissistic tweeters I've ever seen.

One of the hockeybuzz writers blasted him this morning, and he who shall not be named then tried to blow up Eklund's spot because of that...and Ek shut him down impressively. Never in my wildest dreams would I think I'd be rooting for Eklund in a twitter brawl

Old
07-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Anyone else catch everyone's favorite () rumor mystery man who shall not be named try and blackmail Darren Dreger on twitter, because Dreger ignores him? Apparently he's beem DMing him tweets of news he broke before Dreger and Dregs blocked him. Could be the most childish, narcissistic tweeters I've ever seen.

One of the hockeybuzz writers blasted him this morning, and he who shall not be named then tried to blow up Eklund's spot because of that...and Ek shut him down impressively. Never in my wildest dreams would I think I'd be rooting for Eklund in a twitter brawl
I want to see the 'compromising photo'

Old
07-08-2012, 07:10 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post

Nah, I don't follow and in turn support that garbage.

Old
07-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Who won't be named? That Bob guy? I might need to take a look at this.

07-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
Who won't be named? That Bob guy? I might need to take a look at this.

Old
07-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
What an idiot.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:08 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
What an idiot.
Pretty much sums it up!

Thanks for the pic Krishna. The guy is sickening. I follow the guy for rumors, because I eat that **** up (though I ponder the insanity of them, rather than flocking to post EVERYTHING here)...yet he comes with this drama daily.

edit: here are the tweets between him, Eklund, and the other hockeybuzz guy.

Quote:
******* ******** @***************

I don't always tweet rumors, but when I do I prefer the great taste of being VERY ACCURATE. Stay informed, my friends. ‪#***************
Quote:
matthew barry @hockeybuzzbarry

@*************** "I prefer the great taste of being VERY ACCURATE." ‪#CONFIRMED‬ by 2 ‪#NHL‬ sources: Suter has VERBAL agreement with ‪#REDWINGS

Quote:
******* ******** @***************

@hockeybuzzbarry honest question: Do you troll me out of personal desire or does @eklund ask you to do it?
Eklund:
Quote:
@*************** I never troll anyone, i would never ask anyone.. We need to not make ourselves the story. We report the story and get away
love him or hate him, point goes to Eklund

Last edited by sobrien: 07-09-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old
07-09-2012, 01:51 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

It's funny how somebody's morals can change so much between when you were dating them and since you broke up..

Before, my now ex gf was so against drugs, just like I am, to the point that she wouldn't hang out with anyone who she knew did any type of drugs

Now... In the past month, she must have showed up here 4 or 5 times high as a kite and wanting to talk

Old
07-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

DDDD
Cosmic gate is coming to Philadelphia

Old
07-10-2012, 09:44 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Pretty cool stuff. Archeologists discovered the world's largest pyramid:

Old
07-10-2012, 10:38 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1476
Does anyone have Photoshop skills who would be willing to create logos for about half the teams in the NHL similar to what is posted below? It's needed for the GDTs. It appears that the person who did them in the past deleted some of the logos.

You can PM me if you want to assist but I'd like for the logos (perhaps from wikipedia or a source that has large sizes) to be in this size box:

No urgency of course. You can pick the background colors (so long as it relates to the opponent).

Teams needed with current logos:

Columbus, Dallas, Edmonton (prefer blue), Los Angeles, Nashville, Phoenix, Vancouver, Boston (prefer black), Buffalo (prefer blue), Carolina, Ottawa, Tampa Bay and Winnipeg.

Old
07-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Was using this site http://www.nationalsportsbeat.com/nh...ightning.shtml

I'll try to find more later tonight

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 07-13-2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Outdated logos but Krishna assisted on the matter. No further help needed.
Old
07-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38037689...employees-more

Good guys at Google

Old
07-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

This is why I love these guys

Old
07-15-2012, 08:30 AM
Stanleyjub

Old
07-15-2012, 11:52 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleyjub View Post
Is this the Richards golf outing?

07-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleyjub View Post
Glorious

Old
07-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Prongo
Beer

Brigantine NJ is the absolute worst place for horseflies. Motha ****as where constantly around while on the beach, on the dock, and on the boat. Never will go back there probably just because of that reason alone, also because we were there for 7 days and caught three keepers(Flounders). The place has been over fished probably for the last ten years(Absecon Inlet)

Old
07-15-2012, 12:40 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Brigantine NJ is the absolute worst place for horseflies. Motha ****as where constantly around while on the beach, on the dock, and on the boat. Never will go back there probably just because of that reason alone, also because we were there for 7 days and caught three keepers(Flounders). The place has been over fished probably for the last ten years(Absecon Inlet)
Most places around the bay are going to be swarming with greenheads, especially if the winds are blowing in certain directions. If you go to a place like LBI, a west wind will bring swarms of greenheads to the beach. Can really ruin a good day at the beach. They'll get you even in the ocean.

Old
07-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
You should go fishing down in the Chesapeake bay.. Tons of big fish right near the bridge

Also, making pot roast for dinner today..

Was going to make Brisket but my mom is an idiot.. Send her to the store for brisket.. Comes back with Pot Roast and asks if its the same thing

Old
07-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Most places around the bay are going to be swarming with greenheads, especially if the winds are blowing in certain directions. If you go to a place like LBI, a west wind will bring swarms of greenheads to the beach. Can really ruin a good day at the beach. They'll get you even in the ocean.
We usually go to South Carolina, but we weren't to confident in driving the new boat down there. I have also stayed at LBI and love fishing out of Barnaget Inlet. We used to come home with two stringers full of keepers back when we stayed there. Do not know how the fishing is now.

Thankfully they only place the horseflies weren't was the ocean. It would have been a disaster if they were there too!

Old
07-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
You should go fishing down in the Chesapeake bay.. Tons of big fish right near the bridge

Also, making pot roast for dinner today..

Was going to make Brisket but my mom is an idiot.. Send her to the store for brisket.. Comes back with Pot Roast and asks if its the same thing
Never actually fished there, but would love too. Every time I have crossed over that bridge there is hundreds of boats drifting near there.

Closed Thread