HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Superscout

vCash: 500
How about diving deep and making a splash?

Rick Nash in exchange for Perron, Schwartz, Dagostini and McRae

Old
07-07-2012, 08:18 PM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superscout View Post

Ouch. Why would we trade two highly skilled wingers, another depth winger, and our only real center prospect for a winger?

Perron has the potential to hit 30 goals and 60 points all by himself, and he'll do it for half the salary of Nash for the next four years.

That's the sort of splash that can ruin a team like the Blues.

Old
07-07-2012, 08:22 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
I love Nash, but I would never pay what it would take to get him, even if we did have the money for him.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:

Great idea... let's make a division rival much, much stronger by weakening our own roster and p**sing away much of the depth that Armstrong has worked so hard to build over the last few years.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Bluesnatic27

Quote:

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but there is a difference between making a splash and drowning, this deal is going with the latter

Old
07-07-2012, 10:59 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Rick Nash is a good player, but is only marginally better than Perron right now. Give Perron a few more healthy seasons/offseasons and he will be almost as productive as Nash. I don't think I'd want to trade Perron straight up for Nash honestly. Nash is bigger and will probably outproduce Perron by 10-15 points, but at twice the salary. I'll pass.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Ignore42me*

I was debating with few of my friends about Steen and Oshie. I brought up trading Oshie +pick(s) for Yandle. They said no no no. Then i said Steen and they tried to tell me Steen is more valuable to the Blues then other teams. PHX plays the same system basically as the Blues. SO obviously they would value Steen. Who has more value to you and by how much, Oshie or Steen? BTW im not for trading away either but to get a top pair we might have to trade a roster player with value. Would you make that trade?

Old
07-07-2012, 11:33 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Oshie definitely holds more value than Steen in my opinion. Oshie is 3 years younger, and is more gifted offensively. Steen's great and plays a very reliable, north/south game. Oshie has a little more flare to his game, but is still reliable defensively and will do all of the little things you ask of him. If I were the Coyotes' GM, I would value Oshie quite a bit more than Steen.

Old
07-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignore42me View Post
I was debating with few of my friends about Steen and Oshie. I brought up trading Oshie +pick(s) for Yandle. They said no no no. Then i said Steen and they tried to tell me Steen is more valuable to the Blues then other teams. PHX plays the same system basically as the Blues. SO obviously they would value Steen. Who has more value to you and by how much, Oshie or Steen? BTW im not for trading away either but to get a top pair we might have to trade a roster player with value. Would you make that trade?
Oshie is more valuable than Steen. His overall game is better, and he is younger.

Old
07-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Blanick
Winter is coming

What do you guys think about trying to add David Schlemko from PHX. With their stacked left side he seems to be the odd man out and some PHX fans told me he could be had for draft picks. Now I no he is not an ideal top pairing partner for Pie but considering that Army said he is only open to trading picks I think he might just be the best option available the guy definitely has top4 talent.

Also his name is just awesome....

Old
07-08-2012, 08:01 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

I like that Schlemko would be able to play on the powerplay, which I think is one of the criteria that Army will be looking for, but I think Cole would be just as good of an option to pair with Pietrangelo.

Old
07-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Blanick
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I like that Schlemko would be able to play on the powerplay, which I think is one of the criteria that Army will be looking for, but I think Cole would be just as good of an option to pair with Pietrangelo.
Yeah but I would like to have Schlemko and Cole be our 6/7 instead out Cole and Woywitka.

Old
07-08-2012, 08:14 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanick View Post
Yeah but I would like to have Schlemko and Cole be our 6/7 instead out Cole and Woywitka.
As long as Cole will get his games, then sure, why not. IMO, Cole has to play significant time this season. We can't keep messing with his development and expect him to become what he is suppose to become.

I wouldn't mind a type of rotation by those 2 and Jackman and Russell. That way Jackman can stay fresh, especially for the playoffs and the young guys will get playing time.

Old
07-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Blanick
Winter is coming

Quote:
As long as Cole will get his games, then sure, why not. IMO, Cole has to play significant time this season. We can't keep messing with his development and expect him to become what he is suppose to become.

I wouldn't mind a type of rotation by those 2 and Jackman and Russell. That way Jackman can stay fresh, especially for the playoffs and the young guys will get playing time.
Exactly if nothing else it gives us another level of depth. Just think about our defense right now with two major injuries.... go ahead think about it

Scary right?

Old
07-08-2012, 08:30 PM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

Quote:
What do you guys think about trying to add David Schlemko from PHX. With their stacked left side he seems to be the odd man out and some PHX fans told me he could be had for draft picks. Now I no he is not an ideal top pairing partner for Pie but considering that Army said he is only open to trading picks I think he might just be the best option available the guy definitely has top4 talent.

Schlemko strikes me as "just a guy." In my viewings, I haven't seen anything that stands out as a glaring weakness...but I haven't seen anything that makes me believe that he's the sort of guy who can have a significant impact on a game, either...either in aggregate, or in any one specific aspect of the game. He seemed a bit overmatched to me in the playoffs, but he did look better than last year and he's still young. He ultimately strikes me as a (cheap) #4/#5 guy, which would be great for our depth I suppose, but I don't think he would significantly upgrade anything other than our overall depth at this point.

Old
07-08-2012, 08:30 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Exactly if nothing else it gives us another level of depth. Just think about our defense right now with two major injuries.... go ahead think about it

Scary right?
Just depends on who it is to. Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Jackman, and Polak are all capable of playing big time minutes to cover for the injury. I think we would be fine with Woywitka or Fairchild playing on the 3rd pair, only getting 15 minutes max per game.

If Pietrangelo gets seriously hurt, then we'd be in trouble, but any team would be in trouble.

Last edited by bleedblue1223: 07-08-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old
07-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:

I wouldn't mind a type of rotation by those two (Cole and David Schlemko) and Jackman and Russell. That way Jackman can stay fresh, especially for the playoffs and the young guys will get playing time.
I like this idea, too. If Schlemko can be had for a pick, say the second-rounder in 2013 that the Blues acquired from Ottawa in the Bishop deal, I'd do 'er.

Old
07-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Blanick
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
Schlemko strikes me as "just a guy." In my viewings, I haven't seen anything that stands out as a glaring weakness...but I haven't seen anything that makes me believe that he's the sort of guy who can have a significant impact on a game, either...either in aggregate, or in any one specific aspect of the game. He seemed a bit overmatched to me in the playoffs, but he did look better than last year and he's still young. He ultimately strikes me as a (cheap) #4/#5 guy, which would be great for our depth I suppose, but I don't think he would significantly upgrade anything other than our overall depth at this point.
He is not a guy that is going to wow anyone with his play but from what I have seen he seems to do all the little things right. Like a slightly less talented and less physical Roman Polak. Yes he would be a depth player for injuries or resting, not a top pairing guy for Pietrangelo but in my original post I said their is no way we are getting that #2 with draft picks.

Old
07-08-2012, 08:43 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
I'd like to hear the cost of Klesla.

Old
07-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

Quote:

ROFL Ive been saying the same thing.

Id do it for picks certainly

Old
07-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Thallis
We suck again!

Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:

Schwartz from Schlemko and Schmaltz.

Old
07-09-2012, 12:33 AM
sdaltons

Man I'd give so much to get Paul Stastny out of Colorado. It really is a good thing I'm not the gm

Old
07-09-2012, 12:44 AM
Lifetimebluesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
Schwartz from Schlemko and Schmaltz.
Imagine if the blues sign jadens brother rylan.... Panger will be having a blast..

Old
07-09-2012, 06:04 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaltons View Post
Man I'd give so much to get Paul Stastny out of Colorado. It really is a good thing I'm not the gm
Cost, in terms of assets, would probably be prohibitive at this point. The Avs have depth at C, and I do wonder if he is going to be looking to extend beyond his current deal there. 2 years until he is an UFA, he might be a legitimate target at this point next year.

Old
07-09-2012, 07:25 AM
sdaltons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Cost, in terms of assets, would probably be prohibitive at this point. The Avs have depth at C, and I do wonder if he is going to be looking to extend beyond his current deal there. 2 years until he is an UFA, he might be a legitimate target at this point next year.
oh yeah, no doubt it would cost too much, but he is one of those guys i might pay a little extra to get.

but anyway, you're right about this time next year. i saw some talk about the Avalanche sending him to Buffalo for Thomas Vanek and we can't really match that type of offer right now. so hopefully that deal doesn't work out or Stastny isn't happy there and still wants to move on later on.

Closed Thread