HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash continued - Portzline: NYR PHI PIT DET SJS and BOS

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2012, 08:19 PM
McArthur

vCash: 500
Thats a big contract for competitive teams. Good players have ntc's and the gm's on this list need depth. Rangers come close but can they afford the.cap hit long term

Old
07-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Nabokov20
Karlsson for Chuck

vCash: 1706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Hey Boston fans:

Would you do:

Peverly
Spooner
Knight
1st for

Nash

This is around what the Rangers have offered but this package looks comparable (a little better).
Looks pretty good from a Boston perspective, imo.

Old
07-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
So does Columbus want to win now or rebuild? The packages will be different in either case..
This is a great question. I get the feeling they want players right now that are young with a lot of potential or 1st round picks, some combination maybe?

Old
07-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Sasso09

I think Nash would do the best in Philly or Pittsburgh. He would play along side Giroux for sure. And he would play with Crosby most likely with Neal already paired with Malkin...... Or they could leave Nash on the LW and make a line of ...

Nash/ Crosby or Malkin/ Neal

Nash, Please don't go to PIT

Old
07-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
I think Nash would do the best in Philly or Pittsburgh. He would play along side Giroux for sure. And he would play with Crosby most likely with Neal already paired with Malkin...... Or they could leave Nash on the LW and make a line of ...

Well one of those 3 would be gone. They have nothing else to give up

Old
07-08-2012, 08:32 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post

They don't have the pieces. They have alot of D prospects to offer (CBJ have good D and alot of good D prospects already). So they're not good trading partners.

Old
07-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Brokencow

Quote:
So does Columbus want to win now or rebuild? The packages will be different in either case..
They are rebuilding but will refuse to call it that. You'll probably hear the words "Retool", "Reshape", "Re-something." It's pretty apparent they've given up on their old game plan with all the demands for young roster players.

My opinion is Nash will not be moved until after next season starts. No team seems to be trying that hard to acquire him. It will take a major injury or playoff desperation to ship him out.

Old
07-08-2012, 08:34 PM
schabadoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=974

I think we all missed something very important in the last thread. A Rangers trposter clearly implied that Rick Nash is a superstar.
Well done! Complete and total victory!

Old
07-08-2012, 08:34 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokencow View Post
They are rebuilding but will refuse to call it that. You'll probably hear the words "Retool", "Reshape", "Re-something." It's pretty apparent they've given up on their old game plan with all the demands for young roster players.

My opinion is Nash will not be moved until after next season starts. No team seems to be trying that hard to acquire him. It will take a major injury or playoff desperation to ship him out.
Like the one Marian Gaborik is having right now (and had in the playoffs) ?

Old
07-08-2012, 09:12 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus2288 View Post
Would you trade Miller for Rickard Rakell?? He outproduced him on the same team, so that makes him better? But I know he gets extra "value" points cuz he was drafted by a top notch franchise.

And 2012 Playoff stats: Jenner-4g 7a 11p Thomas-2g 2a 4p...Who outproduced who? Thomas was like .1ppg better in the regular season. Factoring in the bonus "value" points for being a year younger and playoff performance we'll call it a wash with the "value" points Thomas gets for being Ranger property.

And since 2000 the Bluejackets have drafted 2 players who scored 20, the Rangers 4. Wow. How bout 40 goals?? Jackets: 1 and Rangers: 0...You cant add bogus "value" points to 0, thats a rule. So the simple "value" answer to to end all of this is that the Bluejackets need 2 of the 4 20 goal scorers for 1 40 goal scorer.

So 2 of Petr Prucha, Ryan Callahan, Brandon Dubinsky, Derek Stepan for Rick Nash. Simple as that.
Haha. It's not at all that simple. And it's a pretty silly way of trying to break things down.

One 40g scorer is worth a ton more than Two 20g scorers.

By that sort of foolish logic, Crosby is worth three ~17g scorers. Good deal.

Old
07-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Thank god he took the leafs off his list. Although I think they could be one of the 1 or 2 mentioned.

Old
07-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
Haha. It's not at all that simple. And it's a pretty silly way of trying to break things down.

One 40g scorer is worth a ton more than Two 20g scorers.

By that sort of foolish logic, Crosby is worth three ~17g scorers. Good deal.
Not according to mathematics.

Old
07-08-2012, 09:42 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Seriously? Then I have two 20 goal scorers to sell you for Crosby.

Old
07-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Seriously? Then I have two 20 goal scorers to sell you for Crosby.
This.

Old
07-08-2012, 09:45 PM
teal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
I don't think the chances of SJ are as great as people think. Couture definitely won't be moved. People keep throwing names out like Clowe and Pavs. I just don't see Columbus targeting players who could walk in such a short time. I understand the whole "we can move them later for more assets" argument but IMO that's not what Howson will look to do. I still think the rangers or flyers are much more likely.
word. sj has literally nothing left to give. BUT at the same time nash does seem like the sort of player dw would target. good, but lacking that 'it' factor. heatley, burns... thornton to some extent. etc. great players, but obviously not the ones that will push sj over the hump (boyle, for example, IS an example.) i'd prefer someone like doan over nash, especially if we were talking about a one year kind of deal.

to be seen...

Old
07-08-2012, 09:45 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Article from The Columbus Dispatch with "outside" opinions from Brian Engblom (one-time CBJ color analyst), Eddie Olczyk, and Ray Ferraro:

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...ice-right.html

Old
07-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

Scratch the Pens from this list. The Pens don't have the assets it would take to get Nash anyways...that is unless Columbus plans on going to a 5 man unit of all defenseman

Old
07-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
“Most people I know feel like there’s more to give there yet with Rick,” said former NHL forward Ed Olczyk, now an analyst for NBC and Comcast SportsNet Chicago. “There’s still that untapped ability. You wonder what numbers he could put up if he played on a really good team with really good offensive players.

“Teams should be licking their chops to get this guy in their lineup. He has a chance to be a top-three goal-scorer in the league. Somebody is going to hit a grand slam with this guy.”
Nash is 28 years old. Suggesting that he has "untapped potential" is... interesting.

Though if he had a return to form, then in theory he would be a top-5 goal scorer, seeing as there were only 4 40 goal scorers last season.

Old
07-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Skraut

Why do I feel like this situation is one giant RickRoll?

Old
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tripps View Post
Nash is 28 years old. Suggesting that he has "untapped potential" is... interesting.

Though if he had a return to form, then in theory he would be a top-5 goal scorer, seeing as there were only 4 40 goal scorers last season.
"Eric Lindros being mentored by Mark Messier would return to his dominant old self!"

"Scott Gomez will score 90ish points playing with a star player like Jaromir Jagr!"

Old
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
i don't even think we know anymore...

if BOS is in on it, i'd be interested in

Krejci
Spooner
Knight
1st

I believe there'd have to be a cap dump somewhere in there...but a basis IMO

Old
07-08-2012, 10:00 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
"Eric Lindros being mentored by Mark Messier would return to his dominant old self!"

"Scott Gomez will score 90ish points playing with a star player like Jaromir Jagr!"
The irony of the whole thing is that, when the Rangers WERE chasing after the overpaid, underproducing "name" players, the fans of the rest of the league mocked us for it. Now that the Rangers REFUSE to move heaven and earth for those same overpaid and underproducing "name" players, the fans of the rest of the league think we're foolish.

Keep Nash. His transcendent talent is clearly working wonders in Columbus' march to the top of the league.

Old
07-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
I wish there was a way to get him in Colorado.

I have felt for a long time now that Stastny + Nash would be a match made in heaven. Stastny plays best with big bodied power forwards that can shoot and win along the boards. Nash needs a playmaking center that knows how to be a part of a play without dictating the pace of the line.

Old
07-08-2012, 10:04 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
That's talking first grade adding up apples 1+1=2 math.

Nash is a hockey player. An elite one. We're talking about hockey players, not grade 1 math, and when that is the subject, 40g scorers are extremely scarce. In relative terms, 20g scorers grow on trees and new ones pop up every year. Ice time is a finite resource and not evenly distributed, matchups are not evenly distributed, consistency is not evenly distributed, and at the end of the day...nobody is going to want to trade a 40g guy for a pair of 20g guys, when they already have a deep well of potential 20g guys in their pocket. There's only so much room for 20g guys on a team, and when you're talking about premium 1st line minutes, you want more. 40g scorer more.

Old
07-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Richie10

Nash is such a bum. Don't open your mouth about wanting to be traded if you're only willing to be traded to 15% of the league.

This guy is no better than Heatley in my mind. Either man up and continue to play for your franchise, or go where ever will help said franchise the most.

No wonder Howson is looking like Howderp. He's been trying to make a trade work with only a handful of teams.

Just trade this bum already, even if you're getting a minimal return. Columbus gets better automatically without their dead weight, lead anchor cap hit and perennial loser captain. Addition by subtraction.

Closed Thread