HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Det/bos & det/nyr

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-08-2012, 08:57 PM
  #26
PJ StockBB
Registered User
 
PJ StockBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Before everyone jumps down this guy's throat, there was one Boston poster, can't remember who, who brought up the fact that with Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, McQuaid, Boychuk and Hamilton you have 4 RHD and 2 LHD. The feeling was it might be necessary to trade one of the RHD (and you aren't going to deal Chara or Hamilton) for a LHD.

Thus, McQuaid COULD be sent out IF he is traded for a LHD OR if the B's have another deal where they could add one.
Ference is a lefty
Chara is a lefty
Seidenberg is a lefty

Boychuk is a righty
McQuaid is a righty
Hamilton is a righty

people get confused because Seidenberg plays his offside sometimes but if Hamilton makes the team we have a perfect split of lefties and righties

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Hamilton
Ference-McQuaid

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:04 PM
  #27
BergyWho37
Registered User
 
BergyWho37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
For Boston how about a sign and trade with Quincey? He's a left handed defensemen. For New York I guess most of their fans changed their mind on Del Zotto and he's good again?
Yes not a bad idea for Boston... I like Quincey and my bruins love shot blockers

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:07 PM
  #28
PJ StockBB
Registered User
 
PJ StockBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
For Boston how about a sign and trade with Quincey? He's a left handed defensemen. For New York I guess most of their fans changed their mind on Del Zotto and he's good again?
i actually don't mind Kyle Quincey, i would like him on the Bruins but i don't know if we really have the space. i think management really wants to leave that last spot open in hopes that Hamilton takes it.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:08 PM
  #29
OrrCam
Registered User
 
OrrCam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
Value mite be close but absolutely NO need for Miller on the bruins ... I wouldn't say Quaider is not available but he does add depth to our blueline so I doubt we dump him, especially when everyone wants an extra D-men for the playoffs .. plus Quaider is a nice cap hit so he's not hurting us
I agree. I would hope he's not available. He brings alot more to the Bs than his $1.5MM salary would suggest. He's one tough, mean D-man to play against and the Bs need him, Hamiliton notwithstanding. I'm sure he would be easy to move, but I would be shocked (and p*****) if they move him. Don't need Miller and odds are a Wing's 2nd pick would amount to little if any value.

OrrCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:18 PM
  #30
BergyWho37
Registered User
 
BergyWho37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
Ference is a lefty
Chara is a lefty
Seidenberg is a lefty

Boychuk is a righty
McQuaid is a righty
Hamilton is a righty

people get confused because Seidenberg plays his offside sometimes but if Hamilton makes the team we have a perfect split of lefties and righties

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Hamilton
Ference-McQuaid
My bad this is true .. siddes is almost aways on RD this totally slimmed my mine .. thxs dude

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:25 PM
  #31
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
No ******* way!!! Age is the problem n NYR has Center depth
Franzen is a winger and has been for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
How was Franzen last year? can he play LW? Rangers could use a big body forward that scores, I don't think this is as horrible some people are making it sound.
He is a LW.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:45 PM
  #32
Wingsfan2965*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
How was Franzen last year? can he play LW? Rangers could use a big body forward that scores, I don't think this is as horrible some people are making it sound.
Put it this way, he had the potential to be an elite scorer (Despite his age I can still see him reaching the 30 mark again) but is extremely lazy and it works to his disadvantage.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:20 PM
  #33
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Bill Ladd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellesley, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
Ference is a lefty
Chara is a lefty
Seidenberg is a lefty

Boychuk is a righty
McQuaid is a righty
Hamilton is a righty

people get confused because Seidenberg plays his offside sometimes but if Hamilton makes the team we have a perfect split of lefties and righties

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Hamilton
Ference-McQuaid
It was me who brought it up. I wasn't confused, I just don't think there's any way in hell Hamilton plays in the top4 this year. Chara, Seidenberg, Ference and Boychuk are the top4. That leaves two RH shots in the bottom pair. McQuaid has never played his off-side, and your hardly going to break in a rookie there.

All of which makes me open to moving Quaider and replacing him with a LH'er. If that guy could bump Ference down to play with Hamilton, all the better.

__________________
Bill Ladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:46 PM
  #34
PJ StockBB
Registered User
 
PJ StockBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
It was me who brought it up. I wasn't confused, I just don't think there's any way in hell Hamilton plays in the top4 this year. Chara, Seidenberg, Ference and Boychuk are the top4. That leaves two RH shots in the bottom pair. McQuaid has never played his off-side, and your hardly going to break in a rookie there.

All of which makes me open to moving Quaider and replacing him with a LH'er. If that guy could bump Ference down to play with Hamilton, all the better.
i was simply replying to Dr. Quincey saying we had 4 RHD and 2 LHD. i was just pointing out that wasn't the case.

as for your other point, i can agree with that. however i am a big McQuaid fan and for what he gets paid your not gonna hear me say i want to trade him. i can understand your concern though and think it is a good point.

you may disagree but i think McQuaid could be a #4 defensemen. he is still young and defensemen take longer to reach their full potential. i think he is more than capable of playing in that role.

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-McQuaid
Ference-Hamilton

maybe try it out and see how it goes? also maybe Hamilton takes the bull by the horns and hits the ground running? either way i expect these six guys, in some sort of combination, will be our starting defense. as the season goes on we may see some moves, but i hope not because i love these six defensemen

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:49 PM
  #35
N o o d l e s
Registered User
 
N o o d l e s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,161
vCash: 500
McQuaid's a ****ing monster, I'd much rather have him instead of Drew Miller. It would be interesting to see how he'd fit with Detroit, I don't exactly associate them with the nastiness of a player like McQuaid.

I'd pass, and I'm sure Chia would too.

EDIT: Quincey can only come here if he drops the e

N o o d l e s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:19 AM
  #36
Lord Ahriman
Registered User
 
Lord Ahriman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
It was me who brought it up. I wasn't confused, I just don't think there's any way in hell Hamilton plays in the top4 this year. Chara, Seidenberg, Ference and Boychuk are the top4. That leaves two RH shots in the bottom pair. McQuaid has never played his off-side, and your hardly going to break in a rookie there.

All of which makes me open to moving Quaider and replacing him with a LH'er. If that guy could bump Ference down to play with Hamilton, all the better.
That's why I wanted Allen on this team. I know he isn't a pmd, but he would be a solid addition. Another name comes to my mind is Hjalmarsson, not a pmd too, but a good option to play on the second pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
i was simply replying to Dr. Quincey saying we had 4 RHD and 2 LHD. i was just pointing out that wasn't the case.

as for your other point, i can agree with that. however i am a big McQuaid fan and for what he gets paid your not gonna hear me say i want to trade him. i can understand your concern though and think it is a good point.

you may disagree but i think McQuaid could be a #4 defensemen. he is still young and defensemen take longer to reach their full potential. i think he is more than capable of playing in that role.

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-McQuaid
Ference-Hamilton

maybe try it out and see how it goes? also maybe Hamilton takes the bull by the horns and hits the ground running? either way i expect these six guys, in some sort of combination, will be our starting defense. as the season goes on we may see some moves, but i hope not because i love these six defensemen
McQuaid isn't a top 4.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:40 AM
  #37
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest
 
BostonBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by N O O D L E S View Post
Quincey can only come here if he drops the e
OK - but I think it looks pretty strange: Kyl Quincey.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 01:11 AM
  #38
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,503
vCash: 500
Not interested in trading Del Zotto for a 33 year old.

Rangers aren't doing that kind of thing anymore.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 01:33 AM
  #39
winger7020
Registered User
 
winger7020's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Put it this way, he had the potential to be an elite scorer (Despite his age I can still see him reaching the 30 mark again) but is extremely lazy and it works to his disadvantage.
By him being lazy he is usually the late man in and he has such a lethal wrist shot. He just zings it in from the top of the circle. So its not all terrible

winger7020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.