HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

JayBo to NYI

Old
07-08-2012, 11:02 PM
KH1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I think a big reason why Streit struggled this season is because he missed the entire year. I think with a full training camp and preseason, he will revert back to his dominant form.
I agree that Streit will have a bounceback year now that his surgery is farther in the rear view mirror.

But still, there's no question at all that Hamonic was better last season.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH1 View Post
I agree that Streit will have a bounceback year now that his surgery is farther in the rear view mirror.

But still, there's no question at all that Hamonic was better last season.
Yes the Ham was better this past year, but I like Streit's previous game that he bought before this season. JMO.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:07 PM
AndThereGoesGrabner

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're trying to refer to here. The Rangers are the model franchise for rebuilding on the fly or rebuilding while staying competitive. This is one of the younger teams in the league.
Any dumb@ss can do what the Rangers are doing if you have money to burn. If they were the Calgary Flames, do you really think they can eat the contracts of Wade Redden & Chris Drury? Oh, btw for a model franchise, as you described them, has won a wopping 1 cup in 80 years!!

AndThereGoesGrabner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:07 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
I think a big reason why Streit struggled this season is because he missed the entire year. I think with a full training camp and preseason, he will revert back to his dominant form.
How many games do you watch the Isles play? 6? I think Isles fans would know who the best defenseman on the team is lol. Most Rangers fans would say Streit because they have seen him play a lot more than Hamonic and thats a fact. Streit puts up the points, but is average defensively. Hamonic is a two-way defenseman with a lot of offensive upside. I think Hamonic and McDonagh are very close, I'm sure you're going to say McDonagh is much better though.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Dr Swag
Banned User

Niño + Bailey + DaHann

Flames get two forward prospects who may contribute one day down the road, and a defenseman who can take JayBo's place as early as next season.

Isles make the Playoffs.

Dr Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:10 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Swag View Post
Niño + Bailey + DaHann

Flames get two forward prospects who may contribute one day down the road, and a defenseman who can take JayBo's place as early as next season.

Isles make the Playoffs.
Done, Done, Done

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:11 PM
AndThereGoesGrabner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
How many games do you watch the Isles play? 6? I think Isles fans would know who the best defenseman on the team is lol. Most Rangers fans would say Streit because they have seen him play a lot more than Hamonic and thats a fact. Streit puts up the points, but is average defensively. Hamonic is a two-way defenseman with a lot of offensive upside. I think Hamonic and McDonagh are very close, I'm sure you're going to say McDonagh is much better though.
I'd take Hamonic over McDonagh too, Rangers overrate McD tremendously. Plus, McDonagh also can be intimidated, after he got his @ss wupped by Henrique in the ECF, he disappeared.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Flyerfan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndThereGoesGrabner View Post
Oh BTW, the Northwest division is awful, the Isles destroyed that division last season!!! The Atlantic in the other hand is the best division in the NHL by a mile!
The Flames should definitely follow the example of the mighty Isles. 5th in their division for 5 years (& counting) even after drafting 9, 1 (& 12), 5 (&30), 5 & 4 in those 5 years.

Flyerfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:12 PM
AndThereGoesGrabner

Quote:
Niño + Bailey + DaHann

Isles make the Playoffs.
Wow, thats awful for the Isles!

Old
Kershaw

Quote:
Any dumb@ss can do what the Rangers are doing if you have money to burn.
Except it's the salary cap league and the Rangers can't go over the cap just like any other team.

They are the model franchise in recent history since they turned around a glut of overpaid, underachieving former star players into an influx of young talent leading them to division title, ECF. Lundqvist, Callahan, Stepan, MDZ, McDonagh, Girardi, Staal, Anisimov, Dubinsky, Kreider are all players that were drafted or developed in the Rangers farm system.

Old
Dr Swag
Banned User

Quote:
Wow, thats awful for the Isles!
Uh both Niño and Bailey look to be busts at this point,and DaHann will be lucky to play as many games as JayBo.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:13 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
I'd take Hamonic over McDonagh too, Rangers overrate McD tremendously. Plus, McDonagh also can be intimidated, after he got his @ss wupped by Henrique in the ECF, he disappeared.
lets not get crazy here, im a big fan of mcdonagh

Old
07-08-2012, 11:14 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Uh both Niño and Bailey look to be busts at this point,and DaHann will be lucky to play as many games as JayBo.
WOW!!!I thought you were joking. Are you retarded?

Old
07-08-2012, 11:14 PM
AndThereGoesGrabner

Quote:
Except it's the salary cap league and the Rangers can't go over the cap just like any other team.

They are the model franchise in recent history since they turned around a glut of overpaid, underachieving former star players into an influx of young talent leading them to division title, ECF. Lundqvist, Callahan, Stepan, MDZ, McDonagh, Girardi, Staal, Anisimov, Dubinsky, Kreider are all players that were drafted or developed in the Rangers farm system.
Dude, they are paying Redden 7 mil a year to play in the AHL. In other words, they can burn their mistakes unlike other teams, like the Flames!

Old
07-08-2012, 11:16 PM
AndThereGoesGrabner

Quote:
lets not get crazy here, im a big fan of mcdonagh
Good player, but I've seen him backoff in confrontations & then get his @sswupped. Now the league knows, and I expect more teams to get physical with him.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
I do know Hamonic was much better this season, but this is typical HFboards where 1 season reigns your value as garbage. Streit was an elite level defenseman at both ends of the rink before this year and it's only logical that the main reason he struggled was because he didn't have the offseason to prepare since he had surgery. Gaborik had the same problem last year and with a full training camp, he was back to dominant form.

I think McDonagh is easily the better defenseman and I can go into advanced stats to prove my point, but I'll just leave it simple and state that he led his defense to 2nd least goals against and 1st in conference while Hamonic led his team to another lottery pick.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Great post, will definitely look into it!

That's intimidation. ^

Old
07-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Dr Swag
Banned User

Quote:
WOW!!!I thought you were joking. Are you retarded?
No I'm just not sippin the kool-aid or buying into the hype that some of you are falsely doing.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:19 PM
AndThereGoesGrabner

Quote:
I do know Hamonic was much better this season, but this is typical HFboards where 1 season reigns your value as garbage. Streit was an elite level defenseman at both ends of the rink before this year and it's only logical that the main reason he struggled was because he didn't have the offseason to prepare since he had surgery. Gaborik had the same problem last year and with a full training camp, he was back to dominant form.

I think McDonagh is easily the better defenseman and I can go into advanced stats to prove my point, but I'll just leave it simple and state that he led his defense to 2nd least goals against and 1st in conference while Hamonic led his team to another lottery pick.
One name, Lundqvist! A great goalie can make decent defensemans look great!

Old
07-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
One name, Lundqvist! A great goalie can make decent defensemans look great!
Ok, how can you explain Martin "5 Hole" Biron having a great GAA?

Old
07-08-2012, 11:21 PM
AndThereGoesGrabner

Quote:
Great post, will definitely look into it!

That's intimidation. ^
Whats Marc Staal got to do with that softee McDonagh???

Old
19NYSports91

Quote:

Please go into the stats, they're very comparable. I don't know if you know this, but Hamonic played more games than McDonagh in 2010-2011 and hes a year younger. You also have to factor in who their partners are. Hamonic was paired with Amac(hes good but hes no where near as good as Girardi). Hamonic was a +6 on a very bad defensively team. Streit was a -27.

Old
crashthenet

5 pages of nonsense. Don't believe the Isles would move Nelson in this type of deal. A pick for the Anton is more likely.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:22 PM
AndThereGoesGrabner

Quote:
Ok, how can you explain Martin "5 Hole" Biron having a great GAA?
Biron played what, 10-12 games???

Old
07-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Whats Marc Staal got to do with that softee McDonagh???
Well, I'm just gonna say that Tavares is a softie! No way he'll have great success! All a team has to do is hit him and he'll be scared!

Do you realize how silly this sounds?