HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[STL/CHI] Kruger for Edmundson

Old
07-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Mr Lahey*

vCash: 500
[STL/CHI] Kruger for Edmundson

Chicago Blackhawks trade Marcus Kruger to the St. Louis Blues for Joel Edmundson

Many Chicago fans do not believe Kruger can be a #2C, and they are happy with Bolland s a #3C.

Kruger has good upside and his offense in the top 9 for St. Louis would be a nice addition. Although long term he would have some stiff competition down the middle, it's a good risk considering Edmundson has an equally large task of out competing some talented D in St. Louis system.

For Chicago, it creates a hole, as Kruger plays decent defense, but Pat Kane was superb as a C from what I've heard and seen, and this opens up a C or W spot (depending on who gets moved where) for McNeil, Pirri, Saad and Morin, while adding a future defensive and physical beast with good potential to be a top 6 D.

Mr Lahey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:19 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Doubt a trade is made between these 2 teams, even of this level of significance, but sure, why not.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

I would like this trade a lot. Love Kruger's upside and defensive game. Would sit well between Steen and Tarasenko on the third line.
Sign me up.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Dr Quincy

I'd much rather gamble on Krueger's upside. If he hits it you make room for him or deal him for something of actual value.

But I'll let Hawks fans make the call on this.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Mr Lahey*

Joel Edmundson definitely has value. I like his game a lot.

Old
07-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleSmedsmosStache View Post
Joel Edmundson definitely has value. I like his game a lot.
I'm not a fan of either team, I'm just saying if it were me, I'd take a chance on the guy who is far more NHL ready, and has more upside.

Edmundsen is, IMO a long shot with bottom pairing potential. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Prussian_Blue

Concussion issues are a concern, as is the partial scouting report from Forecaster.ca, which says that Kruger "(l)acks both size and strength, which can hinder his chances of thriving on the smaller North American ice."

The point is well-made that Edmundson will have a tough go of it to crack the Blues' deep defense lineup any time soon, but I think I'd just as soon keep him around for depth, if nothing else, as opposed to sending him to a traditional rival for a player that might be one check away from early retirement.

There are things to like about this proposal, but things to dislike as well, so I'm gonna say "pass" on this one.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:32 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
Id do it

SirPaste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:40 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I'm not a fan of either team, I'm just saying if it were me, I'd take a chance on the guy who is far more NHL ready, and has more upside.

Edmundsen is, IMO a long shot with bottom pairing potential. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
I actually see Edmunson with the upside of Hal Gill. Granted he is still a good 2-3 years away from playing in the NHL. Or he could just not improve at all and not cut it in the NHL.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Mr Lahey*

Edmundson has #3-4 potential, he's big, tough, punishing D and he has some offensive potential. I wouldn't call him a long shot. Nice fit for the Chi d corps

Old
07-08-2012, 08:57 PM
RyanCallahan24*

How has Kruger been for Chicago? I've checked his stats but stats only tells a part of the story. He was real skilled when he played in SEL with Djurgården. I dunno now, I assume he plays on your 2nd line since he's a pretty good playmaker and Bolland is more of a 3rd line C. But what do I know.

So Chicago fans how has Kruger been? Which line has he been on the most? How good do you think he'll be? Do you think he'll be 60+ player in his prime?

Thanks in advance.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Mr Lahey*

RyanCallahan24 check the prospects forum there is a thread on the first page started this week

Old
07-08-2012, 09:12 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Big pass from Chicago. We already have players simular to Edmundson in the pipeline in Dylan Olsen, Stephen Johns and Michael Paliotta.. Kruger's coming off a solid rookie campaign and should only continue to get better. Even if he doesn't end up being a #2 centre, he should be a good #3.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Spectra
Registered boozer

Will not trade with that team and no need for Edmundson.

Spectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:16 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
How has Kruger been for Chicago? I've checked his stats but stats only tells a part of the story. He was real skilled when he played in SEL with Djurgården. I dunno now, I assume he plays on your 2nd line since he's a pretty good playmaker and Bolland is more of a 3rd line C. But what do I know.

So Chicago fans how has Kruger been? Which line has he been on the most? How good do you think he'll be? Do you think he'll be 60+ player in his prime?

Thanks in advance.
Kruger split time between the bottom-6 and top-6, but spent basically the entire 2nd half of the season as the 2nd line centre between a combination of Sharp/Hossa and Stalberg/Sharp.

He's been fine. He isn't a legitimate 2nd line centre at this point, but he progressed as the year went along and already has a solid two-way base to his game to build off of. Down the stretch, Stalberg/Kruger/Sharp showed good chemistry but fizzled out in the playoffs.

He needs to continue to get stronger and should continue to improve as he gains more experience and confidence in the NHL.

I think Kruger's ultimate upside is a 55-60 point 2nd line centre. If I had to put money on it right now, I'd say it's more likely he settles into a 40-45 point third/fringe 2nd line centre who plays an above average two-way game.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:19 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

No deal from Chicago. Right now Kruger is our whipping boy and if we trade him then we have to move on to someone else and that'd be a hassle.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Sevanston

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
He's been the most hotly-debated player on the Hawks roster since Q put him on the 2nd line in December.

He plays good defense. His playmaking has only shown in short spurts, most of which have been flubbed by the players on the receiving end of his passes, but it's definitely there. He has nothing resembling an NHL-caliber shot, but he's willing to muck around in front of the net, which helps his point totals.

His ability to excel in the NHL at this point is really only dependent on his strength and conditioning. He's clearly got the smarts to play at this level, but he often gets outmuscled in tight areas. It'd also help if he could be on the better side of faceoffs more often, but that could be said of every Blackhawks center not named Jonathan Toews.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:59 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
He's been the most hotly-debated player on the Hawks roster since Q put him on the 2nd line in December.

He plays good defense. His playmaking has only shown in short spurts, most of which have been flubbed by the players on the receiving end of his passes, but it's definitely there. He has nothing resembling an NHL-caliber shot, but he's willing to muck around in front of the net, which helps his point totals.

His ability to excel in the NHL at this point is really only dependent on his strength and conditioning. He's clearly got the smarts to play at this level, but he often gets outmuscled in tight areas. It'd also help if he could be on the better side of faceoffs more often, but that could be said of every Blackhawks center not named Jonathan Toews.

Yeah I already knew about that. He got 66 points in 2 seasons (95 games, SEL has less games than NHL) with Djurgården. And out of those 66 points only 17 were goals. He's a playmaker with a good 2-way game (not physical though as you probably know by now).

Old
07-08-2012, 10:03 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Lets say we weren't the Blues, what would his value be then.

I don't think our teams will ever make a trade that is more than just career minor leaguers.

Old
07-08-2012, 10:05 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Lets say we weren't the Blues, what would his value be then.

I don't think our teams will ever make a trade that is more than just career minor leaguers.
Why does Chicago and St. Louis hate each other? I blame it all on I'm swedish, that's why I'm not aware of your rivalry .

Old
07-08-2012, 10:09 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Why does Chicago and St. Louis hate each other? I blame it all on I'm swedish, that's why I'm not aware of your rivalry .
History. We hate Detroit just as much, if you didn't know either.

I know a lot of Chicago people at Mizzou and we always find a way to get in some sort of friendly argument about anything. The city rivalry dates back to 1850 when it was about water vs rail, boats vs trains.

Old
07-08-2012, 10:10 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
History. We hate Detroit just as much, if you didn't know either.

I know a lot of Chicago people at Mizzou and we always find a way to get in some sort of friendly argument about anything. The city rivalry dates back to 1850 when it was about water vs rail, boats vs trains.
Okay thanks for your response.

And @ the bolded part yeah I knew that.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:03 PM
mizzoublues29
Unregistered User

I wouldn't be opposed to it. Probably good value, good proposal.

mizzoublues29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Iridium128

As a Hawks fan, I think the value is there, but there is no reason to make the trade.

We already have problems at 2C with Kruger there, and removing him is going to make our problem worse right now.

Iridium128 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:18 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

As a Blues fan I would certainly accept this deal. I'm surprised more Hawks fans aren't opposing this deal a little stronger. I like Edmundson as a prospect, and I am of the belief that he will be a solid 4/5 Dman, but he is a long way away from cracking any NHL lineup. The value is fairly similar, but I still think Kruger has a lot of room to grow. Certainly not the worst proposal I've seen on these boards recently. Don't think Chicago is receiving enough in this deal though.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote