HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

JayBo to NYI

Old
07-09-2012, 12:14 AM
19NYSports91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Which is why you look into context of the player's situation, ie quality of teammates, quality of competition, possession, etc.

Another good website is behindthenet.ca

It's irrelevant on the # of games I've seen of Hamonic. I know he's a good young defenseman already. I just think McDonagh is something special.
Idk how you can say its irrelevant, that makes no sense. You obv watch McDonagh play since you think hes special, you obviously havent seen Hamonic play, thats my argument. Bringing up these websites arent really proving anything to me, sorry. If you haven't seen the guy play more than 10 games, you shouldn't even comment on him. End of discussion.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Idk how you can say its irrelevant, that makes no sense. You obv watch McDonagh play since you think hes special, you obviously havent seen Hamonic play, thats my argument. Bringing up these websites arent really proving anything to me, sorry. If you haven't seen the guy play more than 10 games, you shouldn't even comment on him. End of discussion.
These website actually do provide an unbiased set of stats. Better than the 'eyes' of a fanboy.

In essence, I can simply state that you don't watch enough of Stu Bickel, therefore there is no evidence that he is worse than Streit or Hamonic or Visnovsky. Your opinion doesn't matter since you didn't watch him like I did! It doesn't mean I'm right.

I watched both of them play plenty of times for the record.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:38 AM
thaman8765678

Twenty threads about Jay Bouw now? Flames fans want so badly to get rid of him claiming he's worth alot but other fan bases who want to win one day don't want him either

But a decent prospect and 2nd round pick is good value imo

thaman8765678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:41 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Gimme one sec to find thread, I think you were the one who said it and a Ranger fan backed you up.

Edit: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1&postcount=32

Good thing i remembered the exact quote. lol
Wow, good catch. I stand corrected. After this season I became a huge Girardi fan. MacDonald was good but took a small step back this year.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:48 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaman8765678 View Post
Twenty threads about Jay Bouw now? Flames fans want so badly to get rid of him claiming he's worth alot but other fan bases who want to win one day don't want him either

But a decent prospect and 2nd round pick is good value imo
Most threads are started by none flames fans.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 01:16 AM
mitchy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
My intention was not to make him look better than he is with those statistics, but rather put in perspective that he in fact is not as soft or afraid of contact as everyone makes him out to be. Of course he is not a bonecrusher out there, but he does take the body for the most part.
I'm not trying to make him out to be worse than he is either, so we're on the same page. There is a question as to how mentally tough he is though. There is a question as to why he hasn't seemed capable of putting it all together. I can't deny that the guy can skate. He's positionally sound. His frame is more than adequate for the NHL level. He can move the puck. He's got the required stamina to be a top pairing player.

It just seems like the (no longer) kid isn't capable of being as strong as he would need to be (mentally & physically) to take the next step and answer his critics. His shot and his hits aren't hard enough. The giveaway number can be an indicator that a player loses focus or gets muscled off the puck. That said, giveaways can also be an indicator of how often the guy has the puck and nobody to move it to. I don't want to look too far into any of the stats you posted. Blocked shots and hits can be situational stats. For teams that don't have possession enough, you end up with defenders having a lot more opportunities to block shots and take the body.

He's a good player with a great player's salary. Instantly he would become the highest paid player on the Islanders.

This thread has gone down the crapper through no fault of your own. If J-Bo becomes a member of the Islanders, it'll be a cap deal that the Islanders were yelled at by the league to make.

Mitch

mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote