HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ana-Pitt

Old
07-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkals View Post
I think most Ducks fans were concerned about Staal's contract future. Unless they were delusional and thought he wasn't a #2 center.
His future and the money he'd want were the key problems. We wouldn't have been able to give him a sixty million dollar contract.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

I don't expect any Ducks fans to agree with me, but I believe Pittsburgh could put together a package for Ryan. I don't think the cheap, quality 2nd line center demand will be met by anyone, but a package including a couple of the Pens's best defense prospects could do the trick.

Something like Kennedy (for depth purposes, obviously), Despres, Maatta, and a 2013 1st.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Dr Swag
Banned User

lol why would the pens want or need bobby ryan... he wants to be a flyer I have a hard time seeing him reporting to training camp if he was traded to the pens.

Dr Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Swag View Post
lol why would the pens want or need bobby ryan... he wants to be a flyer I have a hard time seeing him reporting to training camp if he was traded to the pens.
do you really believe that?

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Dr Swag
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
do you really believe that?
This is a die hard flyers fan we're talking about here... Obviously he wouldn't publically bad mouth the pens organization but I have a hard time seeing him being motivated to play there.

Old
07-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Sutter
Despres
Tangradi
2013 1st

Thats probably the best offer Pittsburgh can make IMO. ITs decent value, but I think we will get one more suited to our needs elsewhere.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Dr Swag
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Thats probably the best offer Pittsburgh can make IMO. ITs decent value, but I think we will get one more suited to our needs elsewhere.
Very true, as much as I hate to admit it, Philly can easily beat that offer.

Old
07-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Prattio

No staal anymore means no ryan. That ship has sailed.

Prattio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Lol, when Pens had Staal Ducks fans still said the same thing.
Ok...what's your point? I was one of them. Unless it was clear Staal was going to re-sign, no way would we move Ryan for him. I think every duck fan would say that if a contract would have been reached, then something probably could have.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:31 PM
GatoradeG*

Isn't there a thread designated for El Bobby Ryan?

GatoradeG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:49 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspera77 View Post
This would be a MASSIVE overpayment by the Pens. That's the kind of package i would expect for a Malkin or Crosby ( albiet with a tad added ) not a Bobby Ryan.

Despres, Tangradi, 1st would get it done. I would bet my life on it.
So the package you expect for Crosby and Malkin is 3 prospects? Hell I'd give you the Ducks' five top prospects for Sidney Crosby.

If you're really betting your life on that deal you better go bust out the shotty right now. If that's all it took to get Ryan he'd be in Pittsburgh by now.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:02 AM
Rocket of Russia
Defender of Tang

Quote:
C'mon now. This is the NHL we're talking about here. Guys play against their childhood teams all the team. A more recent example would be Tangradi - I believe he grew up a Flyers fan. Didn't mean he was only going to play in Philly.

On topic, as many have stated the packages discussed here seem very unlikely.

Rocket of Russia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:08 AM
PensBeerGeek

Send a message via AIM to PensBeerGeek Send a message via Yahoo to PensBeerGeek
If the negotiations stall, would Anaheim be interested in trading Corey Perry to the Pens?

PensBeerGeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBeerGeek View Post
If the negotiations stall, would Anaheim be interested in trading Corey Perry to the Pens?
Assuming Crosby, Malkin and Letang are all off limits then theres not even a chance.

Old
07-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Rocket of Russia
Defender of Tang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Assuming Crosby, Malkin and Letang are all off limits then theres not even a chance.
Because that's a reasonable return for a player 1 year away from free agency? Even more so a player whose talks with the Ducks are not going successfully in the given hypothetical scenario...

Old
07-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket of Russia View Post
Because that's a reasonable return for a player 1 year away from free agency? Even more so a player whose talks with the Ducks are not going successfully in the given hypothetical scenario...
29 teams will line up for Perry, and most of them have better trade chips than the Pens do.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:42 AM
Rocket of Russia
Defender of Tang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
29 teams will line up for Perry, and most of them have better trade chips than the Pens do.
What does that have to do with the players the previous poster mentioned? And why did you quote me?

Old
07-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket of Russia View Post
What does that have to do with the players the previous poster mentioned? And why did you quote me?
They have nothing else to offer, its not that difficult to understand. The Pens dont have the assets, and as DVM said theres plenty of other teams who will easily out bid a Pittsburgh offer of all prospects and futures.

Old
07-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBeerGeek View Post
You mean for all the same guys we don't want for Ryan? Where's the logic in that?

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
You mean for all the same guys we don't want for Ryan? Where's the logic in that?
Even though Pittsburgh is a bad fit, we'd be looking at riskier pieces, albeit in a package with greater value, coming back for Perry than we would for Ryan; by virtue of Perry's contract situation.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:18 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Even though Pittsburgh is a bad fit, we'd be looking at riskier pieces, albeit in a package with greater value, coming back for Perry than we would for Ryan; by virtue of Perry's contract situation.
Sure, that's why I just don't understand why a poster wonders how a deal for Perry could happen (with Pit) if Pit can't come up with the right pieces for Ryan.

If they're a bad fit for Ryan (and I agree they are), then how could they not be a bad fit for Perry?

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 01:23 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Sure, that's why I just don't understand why a poster wonders how a deal for Perry could happen (with Pit) if Pit can't come up with the right pieces for Ryan.

If they're a bad fit for Ryan (and I agree they are), then how could they not be a bad fit for Perry?
Maybe he mistook the problem being the level of the parts as opposed to what the parts are.

I don't disagree that the Pens are a bad fit for either one of them. The funny thing is, I think Staal would've meandered back into consideration if Perry was available.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:28 AM
SterlingBennett
Duchess Of Wingers

Quote:

Im not sure where its coming from, I would love a Ryan, Perry, or just because he is the other big name on the trade block right now, Nash, on my team. But its just not happening.

Pittsburgh does not have the pieces to acquire a player like that in this market. Pittsburgh got lucky with Neal, now with how Niskenan has reclaimed himself when he was a throw in on the Goligoski and Neal deal, we won 100% and completely on that deal...

With Pittsburgh striking out on Parise, so many of its fans have looked back at the Neal acquisition and are hoping to pull a quality winger back in trade. The long in short is though, with both the Ducks and Jackets Pittsburgh is not a good trading partner. So its just not realistic that Pittsburgh will be getting ether of Ryan or Nash. The major piece that could've been used without gutting the Pens was Staal, and he is now a Cane. That ship has sailed, most just won't face that fact though.

Pittsburgh ability to acquire a big name forward in trade will coming in a couple of seasons when its pipeline of defensive prospects mature and age. Then they will be able to put them in a package to bring in key pieces for the top six.

SterlingBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 03:31 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Not sure if serious

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 05:22 AM
PenguinTommy

Quote:
Quote:
This is a die hard flyers fan we're talking about here... Obviously he wouldn't publically bad mouth the pens organization but I have a hard time seeing him being motivated to play there.
Quote:
Realizing he could be in the area a lot more if the Flyers work out a deal, Ryan added: "We're going to settle right in at Cherry Hill if that's the case. I'd be happy food-wise but I'd be happy anywhere in any lineup as long as the rumors go away."
He is the professional athlete. Tell me more how he wouldn't play anywhere but Flyers. Riiiiiiiiiigh

PenguinTommy is offline   Reply With Quote