HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Lounge the 4th

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA View Post
Does anyone have an opinion on chiropractic?
I have really bad pain in neck, shoulders and lumbar and I've had it for a long time.
I cannot stand it anymore and I gotta get it done.

I just came from a chripractic meet, and his treatment did good (so far, just two hours ago I was there), but I keep reading and hearing bad stuff about this treatment.

What's your opinion? Is there a better treatment? I keep hearing about osteopath being good.
I attempted to go to a chiropractor once, but I had a very bad experience. Had a lot of back pain, upper and lower. They had a seminar to explain to me why chiropractic was good and most other medicine bad (i.e. snake oil). They then tried to have me sign a contract for 80 sessions.

Truth is, these guys aren't doctors in the true sense. They gave me one treatment and I felt much worse.

My solution: physical therapy. I've been through physical therapy 3 times in my life, once for a broken femur and twice for back issues. They really know their stuff and they don't really have a goal of trying to keep you there forever.

My first back issues took me a long time to recover from, but their goal was to get me healthy and get me out of there. Between electric stim massages, yoga workouts (which are awesome and helpful), and strenuous exercise, they helped me get back into a much better state. These are also lessons you can take with you without going back again.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh, and I went for back issues two separate times in my life because I re-aggravated my issue thanks to my own stupidity.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Old
03-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Picked up another Panther Chameleon yesterday. He's 6 months old, and he will be amazing once his colors come in all the way. Lots of orange, red, blues.

We named him Beezer. He is a Panther, after all. Beezer is an ambilobe Panther Chameleon. He has really good, healthy lineage. And he is WAY more active than our other one was. I'll post pics when I can.

We also ordered a baby chameleon. We'll get him late April. He's a hybrid (a fancy word for 'mutt'). They bred him to be brilliantly colored - unlike anything in the wild. If he is half as colorful as his father, he will be amazing. We're naming him 'Skittles'. Can't wait for the baby to arrive!!

Found out why our last one died. The pet store's breeder sold us a wild-caught ambanja chameleon. They tend to have parasites and live shorter lives. They will be refunding our money. We won't be ordering through them again.

Old
03-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Laus723
Future Now

At least they owned up and are doing what's right. Glad you got another one.

03-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

This is BEEZER:

And WOW what a difference between the energy level/eating habits of this little guy and the one we lost. It makes me sad to think our other guy was so unhealthy.

This is similar to what Beezer's dad looks like:

ETA: Their coloring doesn't start to really come in until they are a year old. They max out colors at 18 months.

Old
03-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Those things sure are beauties, great colors, glad he's good and active.

Old
04-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

We took Beezer to the store yesterday (our store). The plan was to have him live at the store. No go. He was stressed the entire 4 hours he was there. I had Scott bring him back home. Once home, he settled right in and he's been fine since.

So I got a juvenile Veiled Chameleon to keep at our store. He's very chill. He was born and raised at a pet store, so he's used to constant traffic. He hasn't been stressed at all, and he's doing great. His coloring in the sunlight is a teal with orange stripes. I named him "Shula".

Chameleons, as I'm finding out, are like potato chips; you can't have just one. :p

Old
04-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Acadmus

If anyone cares, the Women's IIHF World Championships started over this weekend. I only know because they're playing near here at Gutterson Fieldhouse at UVM this year. No, I don't have tickets. The venue is hosting the Group A round-robin phase of the tournament and I'm not sure but may also be hosting the medal rounds.

Team USA beat Team Canada 9-2 Saturday and Team Russia 9-0 on Sunday. They play Finland Tuesday.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...text|FRONTPAGE

Since it's happening in Burlington, Women's hockey is actually getting more coverage in the paper than the NHL usually does

04-09-2012, 08:00 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
We took Beezer to the store yesterday (our store). The plan was to have him live at the store. No go. He was stressed the entire 4 hours he was there. I had Scott bring him back home. Once home, he settled right in and he's been fine since.

So I got a juvenile Veiled Chameleon to keep at our store. He's very chill. He was born and raised at a pet store, so he's used to constant traffic. He hasn't been stressed at all, and he's doing great. His coloring in the sunlight is a teal with orange stripes. I named him "Shula".

Chameleons, as I'm finding out, are like potato chips; you can't have just one. :p
LOL tell me about it I raise Panther Chameleons so I have a few. I only have one named after a player though. Seeing that when I bought him and carried him to the car he bit me the whole way I named him Belak.

Belak

Skie

Ellwood

Belak and Skie just became fathers had a clutch from each hatch out in the last month or so cute little buggers when they are young.

But they grow up fast these are 2 males that hatched out last July.

Glad to know there are other people on here that have chameleons. If you ever have any questions shoot me a PM.

Old
04-14-2012, 11:09 AM
SoupyFIN
#character

vCash: 50
A three-time uncle now, sister gave birth to a healthy boy about an hour ago.

Old
04-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Grats!

Old
04-14-2012, 11:45 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
is she going to name him after a panther player? congrats uncle soupy

Old
04-14-2012, 12:34 PM
SoupyFIN
#character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Grats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
congrats uncle soupy
Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
is she going to name him after a panther player?
After a quick check, no players on the team with the first name starting with an A. She, her fiance and the two previous kids have names which start with an A, so I'm expecting that "tradition" to continue.

Old
04-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

PBPantherfan, I LOVE your little guys!!! So cute! Do you sell your babies? Are you on the Chameleon Forums? That's how we found Beezer. Got him from a guy in Miami. Beezer is the most awesome Cham ever. He crawls all over the place and is very friendly. Shula, our Veiled, is a bit on the grumpy side. Aside from eating, he has no use for us. LOL

Skittles, the baby morph Chameleon, will be here Tuesday. Can. Not. Wait!

Had to channel my obnoxious 'hockey mom' today. Our coach has been MIA the past two weeks, and this week we had teenagers fill in for him. They gave Cam 2 60-second shifts the entire third period (and that's being generous). They left their favorites on the ice the entire period. I was pissed. It's rec league - and they're kids - everyone gets equal ice time. So I pulled my boys in the last minute of the game from the bench, and told the hockey director how I felt. The hockey director apologized, but made excuses ("it's teenagers this week", "I had to fill in for the refs today and didn't notice", etc). I don't want excuses...I want my kid to get some damn ice time. We're at the rink three days a week as it is...my boys practice so they can play in the games. We don't spend all this time and money to warm the benches. We'll see how it plays out.

ETA: Congrats Uncle Soupy!!

Old
05-14-2012, 12:17 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

im not sure if anyone noticed but the everblades are in the kelly cup finals. I know the panthers are no longer affiliated with them but i always liked the everblades and even own a jersey. If youre bored this coming weekend and want to take an hour and half drive to watch some hockey you wont be disappointed.

Old
06-16-2012, 07:02 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
So I got a call yesterday about a job opportunity. I know this sounds like I'm bragging but its not uncommon for me to get those calls once every 2 weeks or so. But when the recruiter sent me the job description, I found an interesting nugget at the end that he meant to exclude which was who the company that was hiring. Generally, the recruiters dont tell you who the company is until you are sure about it and the company wants to interview you. Long story short, apparently its for the investment company that Cliff Viner is co-founder in and it sounds like I would get the opportunity to work with him in some capacity. If something comes about because of it, I'll let everyone know but that would be a fun way to get some inside info on the Panthers huh?

Old
06-19-2012, 12:24 AM
Lola
Future Panthers

Our business made the front page news today (News Press):

http://www.news-press.com/article/20...g-?odyssey=tab

Scott and I met with the reporter last week. She told us she was interviewing other ecig vendors as well, and we were under the impression it would be buried in the Health section of the paper. So we were pretty surprised to see our employees on the front page of the paper today. Their photographer was at our store for about 2 hours taking video of our customers and pictures. Right before he left he comes to me and says, "You have some pretty passionate customers!" LOL Um, yes. Yes, we do.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Just something OT, but you can watch the unfortunate Game 7 of the Panthers/Devils series right now on NHL Network. Currently in 2nd period. 3rd is where all the goodness is.

Old
07-09-2012, 04:48 AM
SoupyFIN
#character

Army calls in 30 minutes, gonna miss you guys.

I'll probably be able to check hf with my phone (barracks has WLAN) but don't expect any long essays as my replies.

1st weekend off should be 20th to 22nd.

Old
07-09-2012, 08:37 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:

I'll probably be able to check hf with my phone (barracks has WLAN) but don't expect any long essays as my replies.

Is it mandatory there? Here in Greece it is, and they are trying to make me go next year for 6 months, even though I have dual citizenship.

Old
07-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:

Aww Soupy good luck man. Will miss your posting bud.

Old
07-11-2012, 11:49 AM
SoupyFIN
#character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Aww Soupy good luck man. Will miss your posting bud.
Should get WLAN access account in a few days maybe. Doing good so far.

Old
07-31-2012, 02:59 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
So I got a call yesterday about a job opportunity. I know this sounds like I'm bragging but its not uncommon for me to get those calls once every 2 weeks or so. But when the recruiter sent me the job description, I found an interesting nugget at the end that he meant to exclude which was who the company that was hiring. Generally, the recruiters dont tell you who the company is until you are sure about it and the company wants to interview you. Long story short, apparently its for the investment company that Cliff Viner is co-founder in and it sounds like I would get the opportunity to work with him in some capacity. If something comes about because of it, I'll let everyone know but that would be a fun way to get some inside info on the Panthers huh?
Well the job came thru and I'm now working at AVM (the V is for Viner). I've seen Cliff both days I've been here and he seems like he works pretty hard. One thing I will say was during the interview process, I was asked what I thought AVM felt was the 3 most important traits for an employee there (and it was a trick question). The answer didnt surprise me at all (nor should anyone on here) which was Character, Character, Character. So when you hear Tallon saying that as well, you know this organization as a whole believes that tremendously and you will not find a player on this team that isnt a character player.

I doubt I'll get any inside info very soon but maybe I could get some upgrades on my season tics I attached a screenshot of an email I received today just for proof in case anyone cares.

http://www.avmlp.com/AboutUs/Leadership.aspx
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG‎ (13.2 KB, 8 views)

Old
07-31-2012, 03:24 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Well the job came thru and I'm now working at AVM (the V is for Viner). I've seen Cliff both days I've been here and he seems like he works pretty hard. One thing I will say was during the interview process, I was asked what I thought AVM felt was the 3 most important traits for an employee there (and it was a trick question). The answer didnt surprise me at all (nor should anyone on here) which was Character, Character, Character. So when you hear Tallon saying that as well, you know this organization as a whole believes that tremendously and you will not find a player on this team that isnt a character player.

I doubt I'll get any inside info very soon but maybe I could get some upgrades on my season tics I attached a screenshot of an email I received today just for proof in case anyone cares.

Congratulations on your appointment!

Old
07-31-2012, 03:30 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
Quote:

w00t.. I rarely check this part of our board... didn't know Soupy going to army (or rather that he's so young) Hopefully he get's out with 180 days. I was there for 11 days as my knee blew

Old
07-31-2012, 08:53 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:

Congrats!!!!

Closed Thread