HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you think the Habs need a legit heavyweight enforcer?

Old
07-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Garry Valk

vCash: 500
The answer is BGL.

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:09 AM
TheBuriedHab

Yes. I think theres no harm in having one at your disposal if you need from time to time.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:00 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Why would the Habs need a true goon when we now have....

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:04 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Where do we play him? Our top six right now is DD, Patches, Cole, Gionta, Pleks and Bourque. If we sign another top six guy like everyone wants, bump Bourque down into our already crowded bottom six, which consists of Prust, Moen, Eller, White, Nokelainen, Armstrong, Gomez, Palushaj and Leblanc.

Pretty much the only way it would work (right now) is if those last three are in Hamilton to start the year, and there's no guarantee that's what they want to do with Gomez. Then you at least have 12 forwards + 1 in the press box, but that wouldn't leave any room for any prospects to make it out of camp either.

It's also worth noting that our entire bottom six was signed to new contracts (either RFA or UFA) this summer, so I doubt anyone's getting moved out of there.

It's one thing to say "yeah, get a fighter!" and another thing to try and realistically slot him in your roster. Personally, between Prust, Moen and White, I don't think we have room for him. Our top six doesn't score enough goals (at least they didn't last year) to dedicate three spots to Prust, White and an enforcer, the sum of which are going to get you about 10 goals for the year.

If you want to add a heavyweight, I think you need to get on the phone and see what kind of return you can get for White.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:27 AM
SAKS AVENUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Where do we play him? Our top six right now is DD, Patches, Cole, Gionta, Pleks and Bourque. If we sign another top six guy like everyone wants, bump Bourque down into our already crowded bottom six, which consists of Prust, Moen, Eller, White, Nokelainen, Armstrong, Gomez, Palushaj and Leblanc.

Pretty much the only way it would work (right now) is if those last three are in Hamilton to start the year, and there's no guarantee that's what they want to do with Gomez. Then you at least have 12 forwards + 1 in the press box, but that wouldn't leave any room for any prospects to make it out of camp either.

It's also worth noting that our entire bottom six was signed to new contracts (either RFA or UFA) this summer, so I doubt anyone's getting moved out of there.

It's one thing to say "yeah, get a fighter!" and another thing to try and realistically slot him in your roster. Personally, between Prust, Moen and White, I don't think we have room for him. Our top six doesn't score enough goals (at least they didn't last year) to dedicate three spots to Prust, White and an enforcer, the sum of which are going to get you about 10 goals for the year.

If you want to add a heavyweight, I think you need to get on the phone and see what kind of return you can get for White.
I don't think it would be a full time position. He would sit in the press box or Hamilton and called upon if we have a rough time with a team during the season. Might play in 20 games tops. I'm all for it. You know when things get dry in December. You have an up coming game against Buffalo on a Thursday and everyone is pissed because Ott ran over Price the last game and they are dressing Scott for Thursday's game. Well, it would be nice to have a guy we can call up, as of right now we don't.
I say yes to a heavy weight in a limited role. I don't care if he can skate.

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Why would the Habs need a true goon when we now have....

This guy did better.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:37 AM
ChoseLa

Ryan Clowe qould be a welcomed addition to this team. Perfect second liner who can fight against ,ost of the heavy weights.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
You have an up coming game against Buffalo on a Thursday and everyone is pissed because Ott ran over Price the last game and they are dressing Scott for Thursday's game. Well, it would be nice to have a guy we can call up, as of right now we don't.
What does this heavyweight enforcer actually do in your scenario here? Have an appointment wrestle with Scott at some point when their three minutes of ice time co-incide?

And how does that do anything to deal with Ott?

If Ott ran over Price in the last game then it should have been dealt with in the last game. And I have a lot more confidence now that we have the players to do that. They want to dress Scott for the next game, then let him sit on the bench being completely irrelevant.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Maxpac

If we want a cheap addition that can do the job, the answer is Letourneau-Leblond. He litterally jumps on players to defend his teammates and is a local to boost.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:35 AM
ChoseLa

Ott would be destroyed both by Moen and Prust, they are better fighter than him.

EDIT:

Last edited by ChoseLa: 07-09-2012 at 11:41 AM.
ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:36 AM
clownquestionbro*

Quote:
I don't think it would be a full time position. He would sit in the press box or Hamilton and called upon if we have a rough time with a team during the season. Might play in 20 games tops. I'm all for it. You know when things get dry in December. You have an up coming game against Buffalo on a Thursday and everyone is pissed because Ott ran over Price the last game and they are dressing Scott for Thursday's game. Well, it would be nice to have a guy we can call up, as of right now we don't.
The only way "Scott" can do anything to Ott is if he jumped him giving the sabres a huge pp, Ott would be stupid to drop the mits and nor would he as he only fights guys around his 'weight class'...plus i'm pretty sure we signed Prust as the guy to handle pests like Ott.

clownquestionbro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
If we want a cheap addition that can do the job, the answer is Letourneau-Leblond. He literally jumps on players to defend his teammates and is a local to boost.
Or even just to randomly sucker punch opponents, as Marcus Johannsen can testify. PL3 has played five NHL games in the past two seasons which is a reflection of his actual worth to an nhl team. If we signed him it would strictly be for Hamilton.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Why would Ott be such a threat? He's not that good of a fighter and would probably decline to fight a heavyweight. He's more of an agitator with just a little bit of skill to generate some points.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:23 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
Why would Ott be such a threat? He's not that good of a fighter and would probably decline to fight a heavyweight. He's more of an agitator with just a little bit of skill to generate some points.
Right. Prust or White can take care of him.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Ryan Clowe qould be a welcomed addition to this team. Perfect second liner who can fight against ,ost of the heavy weights.
The cost to acquire him would be pretty steep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
If we want a cheap addition that can do the job, the answer is Letourneau-Leblond. He litterally jumps on players to defend his teammates and is a local to boost.
No, he's ****ing terrible at fighting and playing hockey. If the habs were to get one I'd say go for Godard.

I'm sure Shelley is available...

Possibly likely targets would be Engelland, though he'd cost an overpayment imo and possibly Rupp, but he probably won't be traded and if he is, won't be in the East.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote