HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tb - tor

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-08-2012, 03:37 PM
  #51
number72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 500
Tampa needs to add picks or prospects for someone to take his contract.

number72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:43 PM
  #52
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Tampa needs to add picks or prospects for someone to take his contract.
No. They dont.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:04 PM
  #53
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Tampa needs to add picks or prospects for someone to take his contract.
No they really don't. While Vinny is overpaid he is still a top 2 centerman that could be a #1 centerman on several teams including the Leafs.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:04 PM
  #54
Rschmitz
Registered User
 
Rschmitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Tampa Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 4,590
vCash: 500
Hilarious thread. Even if Lecavalier never returns to form, he's still a number one center and every season of inflation his contract improves.

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:10 PM
  #55
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow
 
JayP812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 5,800
vCash: 449
A 1st line center for a 3rd line center, sounds fair.

JayP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:10 PM
  #56
HedMonster 77
Registered User
 
HedMonster 77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 127
vCash: 500
so, tell me again what benefits does Tampa get to actually consider this trade???
None, thats the answer, you get nothing for a №1 70+ points a year C
(if healthy) not to mention the leadership presence.


Last edited by HedMonster 77: 07-08-2012 at 04:33 PM.
HedMonster 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:13 PM
  #57
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch
 
Socratic Method Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,653
vCash: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
Lol, do people realize that Connolly is only signed till this year, why in the world would we take on a bad salary on a longer term like Lecavlier, just so we can get off one bad contract for one year?
Because one of these guys is an all-star, and one is Brian Burkes temporary excuse for not getting a #1 Center. Which fooled the fans for long enough to keep them from getting suspicious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
People can laugh they want but this would be bad deal for Toronto considering all the factors(contact, cap-hit, age) even if Lecavlier would easily be our best C. I think I speak for all logicl Leafs fans when I say we had rather have Connolly on one year contract worth of 4 mil than Lecavlier's contract at near 8 mil for next decade.

Bad deal for Toronto while Tampa would be saving cap-space and opening up a roster spot on the 2nd line C position.
Oh yeah, because Toronto really needs that cap space. So they can sign more all-star players, right? like... um... that guy... uh... who'd they sign... oh yeah, Connolly! And... Lombardi... Armstrong... and Komisarek. Yeah you need more cap space for sure.


Quote:
Originally Posted by harro92 View Post
What would even it out ?
from fans' perspectives? nothing, because either side holds different values. From a GM's perspective? Realistically, Gardiner and a 1st and take out the salary dump heading towards TB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Maybe, but I'd be very nervous about trading for Vinny, especially going into a new CBA.
This doesn't even make sense - the only thing that could come out of the new CBA talks is a possible 1-time buy-out clause or something like that. It couldn't make his contract any worse - the current CBA makes the contract as bad as it could be right now. The new CBA means there is more enticement to take on a great player with a questionable contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Odd. Most everyone is praising Minnesota for signing Parise for 13 more years at basically the same hit, for the same production.

Since the lockout:
Player A: .816 Points Per Game
Player B: .961 Points Per Game

Strange.
damn you and your logic! but wait, if i plug my ears and continue to say nonsense, i don't have to register what you say, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
no thanks don't want a guy with 8 years left a 7.7 million dollar cap hit sand steadily declining production.
Ah, there it is. It's bliss, I tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loto View Post
I'd rather the Leafs go after Getzlaf and Perry next summer then to take on Vinny's contract.
Oh, I don't know if you should do either of these teams such an immense favour. But just for kicks, what would Anaheim have to add to the deal for you to consider taking one of these two cap-dumps?



Notice who started this thread. It was a Toronto fan. Basically saying "give me your star player for my trash". And then the rest of their fanbase proceed to bash your player and/or team.

Why would they engage in this primitive ritual? It's about trying to boost their self-esteem. You see, TB is full of star players and has been to the conference finals a couple years ago. The Leafs have exactly one star player - and he's 1-dimensional and soft - and he cost the team 2 true star players. And the team has been to any round of the playoffs exactly 0 times since the lockout.

Star players get your team into the playoffs. It's that simple. In other words, good players make you win.

Socratic Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:26 PM
  #58
RealityandHabs
Registered User
 
RealityandHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
"Star players get your team into the playoffs. It's that simple. In other words, good players make you win"

Leafs fans are so far removed from winning or playoffs, by the corporations that run their teams. Any form of logic has seized to exist inside the walls of the ACC

RealityandHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:35 PM
  #59
quat
intheDanRusseljungle
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 8,920
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to quat
It's now become de rigueur for great players locked up to decent long term contracts to be seen as a PROBLEM by many on these boards.

sigh.

quat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:37 PM
  #60
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,700
vCash: 50
08-09 season - 67 points in 77 games (24 PP points), 0.87 PPG
09-10 season - 70 points in 82 games (25 PP points), 0.85 PPG
10-11 season - 54 points in 65 games (28 PP points), 0.83 PPG
11-12 season - 49 points in 64 games (11 PP points), 0.77 PPG (pace for 63)

Tampa had a bad PP this year, put him on team with a better powerplay and we could see his PP points rise by 10+ putting him back to well over 70 points over 82 games pace. Would love for him to center Lupul and Kessel.

His price is something that will never be agreed upon on HF though.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:41 PM
  #61
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,820
vCash: 500
How about lecavlier to buffalo for Leino+Leopold+Pysyk(2010 1st)

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:52 PM
  #62
Srsly
Registered User
 
Srsly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 459
vCash: 500
Trading a legend like Lecavlier for Connolly is almost laughable and all the Leafs fans who say that they don't want him for that price are insane.

With the recent cap increase Vinny's contract becomes a lot easier to stomach and on the Leafs first line he's probably still capable of 55-70pts. Not to mention the fact that he's one of the best playoff performers I know which makes his value much higher to teams looking to push themselves to the next level(Blues maybe?) and get a cup win in the next two years.

Lecavlier is not a good fit for a rebuilding team like Toronto but thats no reason to insult the player. He's lead the Bolts to the cup and appeared on Team Canada multiple times. Odds are that he may even be considered for the HoF(hey if Sundin can get in). He's actually earned that sort of respect and $ from Tampa in my opinion.


Last edited by Srsly: 07-08-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Srsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:54 PM
  #63
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod
 
stryfe604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srsly View Post
Trading a legend like Lecavlier for Connolly is almost laughable and all the Leafs fans who say that they don't want him for that price are insane.

With the recent cap increase Vinny's contract because a lot easier to stomach and on the Leafs first line he's probably still capable of 55-70pts. Not to mention the fact that he's one of the best playoff performers I know which makes his value much higher to teams looking to push themselves to the next level(Blues maybe?) and get a cup win in the next two years.

Lecavlier is not a good fit for a rebuilding team like Toronto but thats no reason to insult the player. He's lead the Bolts to the cup and appeared on Team Canada multiple times. Odds are that he may even be considered for the HoF(hey if Sundin can get in). He's actually earned that sort of respect and $ from Tampa in my opinion.
Stop saying logic. You might cause HFBoards to explode.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:33 PM
  #64
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post

This doesn't even make sense - the only thing that could come out of the new CBA talks is a possible 1-time buy-out clause or something like that. It couldn't make his contract any worse - the current CBA makes the contract as bad as it could be right now. The new CBA means there is more enticement to take on a great player with a questionable contract.

That's questionable at best. You don't have any way of knowing what the new CBA will bring, let alone whether it'll be positive. And how would a one-time buy out clause when they implement the new CBA make his contract less questionable?

With that said he obviously wont get traded. Bear in mind that I'm not saying the op's proposal makes sense for Tampa, but I think the market for lecavalier would be much smaller than you seem to think.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:38 PM
  #65
harro92
Registered User
 
harro92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post


Notice who started this thread. It was a Toronto fan. Basically saying "give me your star player for my trash". And then the rest of their fanbase proceed to bash your player and/or team.

Why would they engage in this primitive ritual? It's about trying to boost their self-esteem. You see, TB is full of star players and has been to the conference finals a couple years ago. The Leafs have exactly one star player - and he's 1-dimensional and soft - and he cost the team 2 true star players. And the team has been to any round of the playoffs exactly 0 times since the lockout.

Star players get your team into the playoffs. It's that simple. In other words, good players make you win.
Not a Toronto fan buddy I'm a sharks fan sour wrong there

harro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:39 PM
  #66
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,834
vCash: 500
Lecavalier is definitely the superior player, I just don't want his contract on the books for another 8 years at that number. Would have rather chased after a guy like Parise for those numbers.

TOGuy14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:39 PM
  #67
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
That's questionable at best. You don't have any way of knowing what the new CBA will bring, let alone whether it'll be positive. And how would a one-time buy out clause when they implement the new CBA make his contract less questionable?

With that said he obviously wont get traded. Bear in mind that I'm not saying the op's proposal makes sense for Tampa, but I think the market for lecavalier would be much smaller than you seem to think.

Well yeah. The Market would be one. TB. He has a NMC and loves it here. He wouldnt allow a trade.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:42 PM
  #68
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Well yeah. The Market would be one. TB. He has a NMC and loves it here. He wouldnt allow a trade.
Exactly, which is why he obviously won't get traded...

But I definitely get what you're saying. This is a dead end of a thread.


Last edited by grabo84: 07-08-2012 at 06:04 PM.
grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:43 PM
  #69
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch
 
Socratic Method Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,653
vCash: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by harro92 View Post
Not a Toronto fan buddy I'm a sharks fan sour wrong there
all right, my mistake. however, you are still trolling, so the point remains.

Socratic Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:43 PM
  #70
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,825
vCash: 500
Lecavalier for Connolly , Scrivens , Gunnarson and 2013 2nd ?

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:20 PM
  #71
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod
 
stryfe604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Lecavalier for Connolly , Scrivens , Gunnarson and 2013 2nd ?
Take out Scrivens, Gunnarson, and the Second. Give us Gardiner instead

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:13 PM
  #72
490 nm
Registered User
 
490 nm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srsly View Post
Trading a legend like Lecavlier for Connolly is almost laughable and all the Leafs fans who say that they don't want him for that price are insane.

With the recent cap increase Vinny's contract becomes a lot easier to stomach and on the Leafs first line he's probably still capable of 55-70pts. Not to mention the fact that he's one of the best playoff performers I know which makes his value much higher to teams looking to push themselves to the next level(Blues maybe?) and get a cup win in the next two years.

Lecavlier is not a good fit for a rebuilding team like Toronto but thats no reason to insult the player. He's lead the Bolts to the cup and appeared on Team Canada multiple times. Odds are that he may even be considered for the HoF(hey if Sundin can get in). He's actually earned that sort of respect and $ from Tampa in my opinion.
WTF?

490 nm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:59 PM
  #73
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Take out Scrivens, Gunnarson, and the Second. Give us Gardiner instead
Lecavalier + Hedman for Gardiner + Scrivens + Connelly + 2013 2nd

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:38 AM
  #74
81Leafs50
Registered User
 
81Leafs50's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xelstyle View Post


Let the lecavalier bashing begin.
he does suck an awful lot!!!!!!

81Leafs50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:46 AM
  #75
Peasy
All In The Game Yo
 
Peasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: North Bay
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post
Because one of these guys is an all-star, and one is Brian Burkes temporary excuse for not getting a #1 Center. Which fooled the fans for long enough to keep them from getting suspicious.

Oh yeah, because Toronto really needs that cap space. So they can sign more all-star players, right? like... um... that guy... uh... who'd they sign... oh yeah, Connolly! And... Lombardi... Armstrong... and Komisarek. Yeah you need more cap space for sure.
Pay attention to the NHL bud, Burke never signed Lombardi. I think you forget, that he traded LEBDA, yes BRETT LEBDA, for Lombardi and FRANSON.

Peasy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.