HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UFA, Patrick Mullen signs with Canucks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-05-2012, 05:38 PM
  #1
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
 
Puck U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Apple Valley, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
UFA, Patrick Mullen signs with Canucks

Oh well, can't keep them all, but Manchester gets weaker ...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=10460

Quote:
The Vancouver Canucks on Thursday signed free-agent defensemen Derek Joslin and Patrick Mullen.

Mullen, 26, had 41 points in 69 games last season with the Manchester Monarchs, the Los Angeles Kings' AHL team. His 13 goals were tied for fourth among AHL defensemen.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 06:29 PM
  #2
Thrice
Coyote Killer
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,895
vCash: 500
Kinda bummed he didn't take Ray Kaunisto with him. The AHL version of Parise and Suter.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:27 AM
  #3
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,947
vCash: 500
I wasn't that impressed with Mullen. He was kind of an adventure in his own end.

The only D men down in Manchester; that I thought could play NHL minutes are Hickey/Muzzin.

damacles1156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:19 AM
  #4
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,508
vCash: 500
No offense to Mullen at all, as I think he's a good guy, but this isn't a big loss. We still have Muzzin, Kolomatis, Campbell, Deslauriers back next year. I'd include Hickey, but he's waiver eligible next year and I doubt he'd clear. Miller and LaDue from the 2012 draft I believe can jump straight to the AHL as well, so we should be able to bring in a full contingent of D.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:35 PM
  #5
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
No offense to Mullen at all, as I think he's a good guy, but this isn't a big loss. We still have Muzzin, Kolomatis, Campbell, Deslauriers back next year. I'd include Hickey, but he's waiver eligible next year and I doubt he'd clear. Miller and LaDue from the 2012 draft I believe can jump straight to the AHL as well, so we should be able to bring in a full contingent of D.
It's not a big loss for the Kings NHL team, but it is for the Monarchs as he was their most consistent offensive d-man. I was hoping one of Hickey or Muzzin could come up and be the #7 in LA, so that would be another loss for Manchester.

You would hope a guy like Deslauriers would have provided a little bit more than he did last season, his offensive numbers were terrible and according to our Monarch friends his defense wasn't much better.

Hopefully if he isn't in LA next year Muzzin can take on a much bigger role in the AHL. Hickey is waiver eligible and would probably be claimed if the Kings tried to send him back down to Manchester.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:24 PM
  #6
jonrazor12
Palffy for President
 
jonrazor12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 500
It does not hurt the Kings but it does hurt the Monarchs. So I wish him the best.

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:48 PM
  #7
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas
 
RAZZIE King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Roach Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 15,682
vCash: 500
What did he do in the off-season...take deap sea diving as a hobby???

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:58 PM
  #8
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,788
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
It's not a big loss for the Kings NHL team, but it is for the Monarchs as he was their most consistent offensive d-man. I was hoping one of Hickey or Muzzin could come up and be the #7 in LA, so that would be another loss for Manchester.

You would hope a guy like Deslauriers would have provided a little bit more than he did last season, his offensive numbers were terrible and according to our Monarch friends his defense wasn't much better.

Hopefully if he isn't in LA next year Muzzin can take on a much bigger role in the AHL. Hickey is waiver eligible and would probably be claimed if the Kings tried to send him back down to Manchester.
Bodnarchuk was signed for a reason. Similar stats through their careers, Mullen just exploded offensively this season.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:01 PM
  #9
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!
 
TwoForRoughing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UCLA, Los Angeles
Posts: 2,261
vCash: 500
Assuming Hickey won't be in Manchester (either makes the team or gets claimed off waivers/traded), does that mean Jordan Hill steps in?

Muzzin-Campbell

Deslauriers - Kolomatis

Bodnarchuk - Hill

??

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:42 PM
  #10
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
 
Puck U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Apple Valley, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
Assuming Hickey won't be in Manchester (either makes the team or gets claimed off waivers/traded), does that mean Jordan Hill steps in?

Muzzin-Campbell
Deslauriers - Kolomatis
Bodnarchuk - Hill ?
Well P. Mullen is smaller than T. Hickey and was also 26 years old, his time had come and gone within the Kings organization, but wish him well with the 'Nucks ...

As far as the remaining Kings D Prospect Pool and who will / can play for the Monarchs ? ... I'd guess Hickey comes up as the #7 and Drewiske is sent down, if we lose him, Kings will sign some other AHL fodder to replace him ? or they just roll with Hill and 6 D men ?

#2 Andrew Campbell - 24
#37 Thomas Hickey - 23
#5 Jordan Hill - 23
#6 David Kolomatis - 23
#3 Jake Muzzin - 23
#? Andrew Bodnarchuk - 23
#4 Nick Deslauriers - 21

Derek Forbort - 20 @ UND, NCAA
Kevin Gravel - 20 @ St. Cloud State, NCAA
Alex Roach - 19 @ Calgary Hitmen, WHL - NOTICED IS NO LONGER ON KINGS WEBSITE ? did we trade him ?
Colin Miller - 19 @ Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, OHL
Paul Ladue - 19 @ Lincoln Stars, USHL
Nick Ebert - 18 @ Windsor Spitfires, OHL


Last edited by Puck U: 07-07-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:15 PM
  #11
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,788
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Well P. Mullen is smaller than T. Hickey and was also 26 years old, his time had come and gone within the Kings organization, but wish him well with the 'Nucks ...

As far as the remaining Kings D Prospect Pool and who will / can play for the Monarchs ? ... I'd guess Hickey comes up as the #7 and Drewiske is sent down, if we lose him, Kings will sign some other AHL fodder to replace him ? or they just roll with Hill and 6 D men ?

#2 Andrew Campbell - 24
#37 Thomas Hickey - 23
#5 Jordan Hill - 23
#6 David Kolomatis - 23
#3 Jake Muzzin - 23
#? Andrew Bodnarchuk - 23
#4 Nick Deslauriers - 21

Derek Forbort - 20 @ UND, NCAA
Kevin Gravel - 20 @ St. Cloud State, NCAA
Alex Roach - 19 @ Calgary Hitmen, WHL - NOTICED IS NO LONGER ON KINGS WEBSITE ? did we trade him ?
Colin Miller - 19 @ Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, OHL
Paul Ladue - 19 @ Lincoln Stars, USHL
Nick Ebert - 18 @ Windsor Spitfires, OHL
Roach is still there.

http://kings.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8476627

And isn't Hill still on an AHL deal? He can sign with anyone else at anytime.


Last edited by Reaper45: 07-07-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:19 PM
  #12
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Well P. Mullen is smaller than T. Hickey and was also 26 years old, his time had come and gone within the Kings organization, but wish him well with the 'Nucks ...

As far as the remaining Kings D Prospect Pool and who will / can play for the Monarchs ? ... I'd guess Hickey comes up as the #7 and Drewiske is sent down, if we lose him, Kings will sign some other AHL fodder to replace him ? or they just roll with Hill and 6 D men ?

#2 Andrew Campbell - 24
#37 Thomas Hickey - 23
#5 Jordan Hill - 23
#6 David Kolomatis - 23
#3 Jake Muzzin - 23
#? Andrew Bodnarchuk - 23
#4 Nick Deslauriers - 21

Derek Forbort - 20 @ UND, NCAA
Kevin Gravel - 20 @ St. Cloud State, NCAA
Alex Roach - 19 @ Calgary Hitmen, WHL - NOTICED IS NO LONGER ON KINGS WEBSITE ? did we trade him ?
Colin Miller - 19 @ Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, OHL
Paul Ladue - 19 @ Lincoln Stars, USHL
Nick Ebert - 18 @ Windsor Spitfires, OHL
Roach is at prospect camp and he pleasantly surprised me today. Nothing amazing, but he moved the puck better than I was expecting during the game situations.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:33 AM
  #13
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
 
Puck U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Apple Valley, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Roach is still there.

http://kings.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8476627

And isn't Hill still on an AHL deal? He can sign with anyone else at anytime.
Bizzare ? when I pull up the Kings Prospects Roster I get this ...



... with NO Roach ? where'd you find him listed ? and I know we signed him to a 3 yr ELC too ... not sure why he's not showing up on LAKINGS.com for me ?

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:43 AM
  #14
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,788
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Bizzare ? when I pull up the Kings Prospects Roster I get this ...



... with NO Roach ? where'd you find him listed ? and I know we signed him to a 3 yr ELC too ... not sure why he's not showing up on LAKINGS.com for me ?
Just google this.

Alex Roach LA Kings

There are pages for LaDue, Ebert and Miller, and they're not listed on that page either.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:41 PM
  #15
Jwm1986
Registered User
 
Jwm1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
I really dont understand what happened with Mullen....

First off, how did he go from nothing to having a very solid season....i mean, this guy had 13 goals last year....That is very impressive....Was it just a fluke season, or is he a late bloomer? I just dont know why they didn't try to re-sign him to a 2-way deal to see if he could build on that season....Now we will never know....

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:22 PM
  #16
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post
I really dont understand what happened with Mullen....

First off, how did he go from nothing to having a very solid season....i mean, this guy had 13 goals last year....That is very impressive....Was it just a fluke season, or is he a late bloomer? I just dont know why they didn't try to re-sign him to a 2-way deal to see if he could build on that season....Now we will never know....
He was a 25 year old playing in the AHL. You see it all the time if you look at the stats for guys. Cliche is 24 and is considered a top 6 forward in the AHL, in the NHL, not so much. I thought with the season Mullen was having that the Kings would at least try and resign him. Reminded me alot of Peter Harrold, small undersized d-man that had a very versatile game. Not a big loss though because like I said, at very best the Kings just lost Peter Harrold...

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:26 AM
  #17
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post
I really dont understand what happened with Mullen....

First off, how did he go from nothing to having a very solid season....i mean, this guy had 13 goals last year....That is very impressive....Was it just a fluke season, or is he a late bloomer? I just dont know why they didn't try to re-sign him to a 2-way deal to see if he could build on that season....Now we will never know....
Who says they didn't? Maybe he just wanted to move on to a team where he may just get a cup of coffee in the NHL. Mullen was like 12th on our depth list and wouldn't taste the NHL in all likelihood.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.