HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nsh- Van - Tor

Old
07-07-2012, 02:10 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

vCash: 500
Lupul isn't going anywhere.

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Leafsforlife98

People are always gonna undervalue Leaf players. I have gotten used to it.

People were saying Luke Schenn is a bum, and is a 7th defenceman who can't do nothing with no potential.

But then he gets traded to Philly, and if you look at Philly's line ups on their board, they have him penciled in the the top 4 are a quite happy about it.

So Leaf hate will continue, but when the ACTUAL trades come out, I won't be surprised, while most people will cuz they live in fantasy land.

Leafsforlife98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeX4cavalier View Post
This post is hilarious. Kesler and Edler are 2nd line players and 2nd pairing dman, who would easily be on the 1st line and 1st pairing in Nashville. How is Lupul a ppg player, he's a 50 point player that's had one ppg season. Also, the reason Kesler is hated is because he dominated you. He wouldn't be hated if he were on your team. Also, why would the Canucks trade 2 of their best players for Weber, when theirs a chance of getting him as a ufa next season. You even called Jensen a dman, that shows how much you know about the Canucks.
Raymond was the 2nd line player I was refering to Your right Kesler would become our top player, but he's hated for his diving and whining antics. He's honestly not worth losing both Wilson, and extremely popular Fisher for. Not to mention Weber.

Hamhuis is your best Dman followed by Bieksa IMO. Elder would become our best Dman only because we would be losing Suter and Weber Why would the Preds want Elder when we would lose him next season?
I was wrong about Jensen but still we aren't in rebuild mode why get someone who is a few years away and a useless 1st round pick.

Lupul was a PPG player on a very bad team, and would flourish on the Canucks. He's a highly skilled player and the Leafs are lucky to have him.

The Canucks trading for Weber it guarantees getting him waiting til next year means any team could out bid them given their cap issues.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:18 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsforlife98 View Post
People are always gonna undervalue Leaf players. I have gotten used to it.

People were saying Luke Schenn is a bum, and is a 7th defenceman who can't do nothing with no potential.

But then he gets traded to Philly, and if you look at Philly's line ups on their board, they have him penciled in the the top 4 are a quite happy about it.

So Leaf hate will continue, but when the ACTUAL trades come out, I won't be surprised, while most people will cuz they live in fantasy land.
I don't mean to under value anyone, and TO falls into the Vancouver bland hate thing, where people hate players because they play for a franchise.

I really think Luke has a lot of potential, but also thought he probably needed a change of scenery. He still had good value. Being what 21.

I also understand having a bit of homerism, or seeing how much a player helps your team. Kes is a great example of that for us, he is a heart and soul guy that is an engine to our team, so even though we may get a better player for him in trade does not mean I would do it.

There is so many intagabels in hockey, in life really.

racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
To be honest I don't really like rhis trade from any POV. Sure, it fills some holes, but the Leafs get hosed, and there are a lot of unneccessary pieces that teams won't want to part with(Kesler, Fisher, etc.)

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Johnny Bang Bang

Soooooo Toronto is only involved in this trade so they can be milked?

This is crap.

Johnny Bang Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:33 PM
ronaldo123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Raymond was the 2nd line player I was refering to Your right Kesler would become our top player, but he's hated for his diving and whining antics. He's honestly not worth losing both Wilson, and extremely popular Fisher for. Not to mention Weber.

Hamhuis is your best Dman followed by Bieksa IMO. Elder would become our best Dman only because we would be losing Suter and Weber Why would the Preds want Elder when we would lose him next season?
I was wrong about Jensen but still we aren't in rebuild mode why get someone who is a few years away and a useless 1st round pick.

Lupul was a PPG player on a very bad team, and would flourish on the Canucks. He's a highly skilled player and the Leafs are lucky to have him.

The Canucks trading for Weber it guarantees getting him waiting til next year means any team could out bid them given their cap issues.
Lupul does not have the value of a ppg player because of one season. He is being overvalued.You call Kesler oft injured but fail to mention Lupul's history of injury issues. What a joke. Kesler is quite a bit better than Fisher. He is a Selke winner and his 2 out of his last 3 seasons have been 70+ points. You call Edler and Kesler 2nd line/pairing guys. What a joke. Watch some hockey. Wilson has not proven anything to be considered a very good center. I doubt Fisher gets moved considering he has NTC and Carrie Underwood being situated in Nashville. And calling Jensen a defenseman shows you your ignorance. He is a recent 1st round pick and a good forward prospect. Fisher and Wilson are 2nd line players.

Edler not Elder is the Canucks best defenseman AINEC. He is a bonafide top pairing guy. I would say top 15-20 in the league or something like that. I do not think that Gillis would do this trade. If Weber really wants to be a Nuck, he will take a 1 year deal with Nashville and sign here next Juy 1st

ronaldo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:08 PM
L E A F S
Rookie User

Why would we trade a 1st rounder...

L E A F S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo123 View Post
Lupul does not have the value of a ppg player because of one season. He is being overvalued.You call Kesler oft injured but fail to mention Lupul's history of injury issues. What a joke. Kesler is quite a bit better than Fisher. He is a Selke winner and his 2 out of his last 3 seasons have been 70+ points. You call Edler and Kesler 2nd line/pairing guys. What a joke. Watch some hockey. Wilson has not proven anything to be considered a very good center. I doubt Fisher gets moved considering he has NTC and Carrie Underwood being situated in Nashville. And calling Jensen a defenseman shows you your ignorance. He is a recent 1st round pick and a good forward prospect. Fisher and Wilson are 2nd line players.

Edler not Elder is the Canucks best defenseman AINEC. He is a bonafide top pairing guy. I would say top 15-20 in the league or something like that. I do not think that Gillis would do this trade. If Weber really wants to be a Nuck, he will take a 1 year deal with Nashville and sign here next Juy 1st
I never called Kesler a 2nd line player!!!!!! I was Refering to Mason Raymond Interesting to see how Fisher would do playing on one of the top goal scoring team in the league and Kesler would on a offensively challenged team like Nashville.

It's called spell check It changed Edler to Elder. He is good but he's not Shea Weber good and would become and UFA himself. Why trade for him when the only reason you are trading Weber is his upcoming UFA status?

Once again I thought Jensen was a D-man my bad. He's not exactly a household name, and is not worth losing three players for. And the late 1st round pick is useless. The parts coming back would turn the Preds into a lottery team quickly. Edler would sign somewhere else next July, Kelser could become a malcontent (see Jeff Carter in Columbus), Jensen would take years to develop, and the pick at that position is a crapshoot. How do the Predators benefit in this trade?

Please watch this video again
Gillis = Tom Smykowski
Burke = Michael Bolton
Poile = Samir Nagheenanajar

Last edited by Gnashville: 07-07-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bang Bang View Post
Soooooo Toronto is only involved in this trade so they can be milked?

This is crap.
I'm going to go ahead and say it:

Lupul, Komisarek and a 1st for Luongo and Raymond isn't getting milked.

Vancouver and Nashville give up a ton of value, and yet both still come off worse, where as Toronto gets their goalie as part of a three way trade then less then what most Leaf fans in the Luongo thread say is fair value.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:43 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo123 View Post

I'm only going to respond to one part of this since I'm not involved.

Mike Fisher's NTC does not have to be honored by the Predators. It doesn't exist anymore. Even if it did, Fisher only had a limited-NTC through 2013, and that only existed if Fisher submitted a 10-team no trade list before the end of the 2009-2010 season. He did not.

Sometimes it isn't beneficial to call people out for mistakes since we all make them.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I'm going to go ahead and say it:

Lupul, Komisarek and a 1st for Luongo and Raymond isn't getting milked.

Vancouver and Nashville give up a ton of value, and yet both still come off worse, where as Toronto gets their goalie as part of a three way trade then less then what most Leaf fans in the Luongo thread say is fair value.
non leaf fan
Lupul, Komisarek (has no value) and a 1st >> Luongo and Raymond
id consider it getting milked

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:13 PM
ronaldo123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I'm only going to respond to one part of this since I'm not involved.

Mike Fisher's NTC does not have to be honored by the Predators. It doesn't exist anymore. Even if it did, Fisher only had a limited-NTC through 2013, and that only existed if Fisher submitted a 10-team no trade list before the end of the 2009-2010 season. He did not.

Sometimes it isn't beneficial to call people out for mistakes since we all make them.
Thanks for pointing this out to me. I did not know about it. It is good to point out mistakes so people do not start believing wrong facts

ronaldo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:25 PM
medgett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
You lost me on Getzlaf. I would trade Kesler for him in a heart-palpitation.
Yea I'm not necessarily saying I wouldn't. That's why I said he's a guy from that list that's questionable. Getzlaf is probably better, but there are some huge concerns about his character and determination after last season. That's all I'm saying.

medgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:10 PM
CRSeven
Ballon d'Or 2013

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by medgett View Post
You're wrong on:

Nugent-Hopkins, he will be better almost assuredly, but for now, he's played one year with 18 G and 52 points and injuries could pose a problem.

M. Richards, I'd say Brad maybe, but not Mike. He hasn't scored more than 23 G in each of the last 2 seasons. Defensively, he may be Kesler's equal, but his production has dropped off considerably.

Bergeron, Defensively even at best and since 05-06 he hasn't eclipsed 22 G in a season. This isn't even close frankly.
Benn (Hasn't come close to Kesler's offensive peak and not as good defensively)

Others are questionable including Getzlaf who is probably better, but is coming off a horrendous year, Eric Staal who is again coming off a poor season and is atrocious defesively, and Thornton who appears to be diminishing slightly at this point. I would put Kesler probably just on the outside of the top 15, but it is close.
Benn is better than Kesler by a decent margin.

CRSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:44 AM
81Leafs50

Luongo is moving on. He said so live on Radio. Gillis has no option but to trade him.

Gillis has no leverage. He keeps saying we are going to start the season with both of these but its *********.

So Luongo is a cap dump. You will get a 2nd, B level prospect, and salary back at the most.

I WOULD LOVE IT if no GM pays the price and Gillis looks like a moron when camp starts and Luongo shows up.

I hate Gillis with a passion. He's so cocky and arrogant with reason or achievement to show for it.

81Leafs50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:30 AM
number72

I could see Gillis go for a Luongo+Andrews/Ballard for Komisarek + Lombardi/Connolly deal.
I would hate it but it would give the team a stop gap centre until Kesler returns

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:48 AM
kthsn

vCash: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81Leafs50 View Post
I hate Gillis with a passion. He's so cocky and arrogant with reason or achievement to show for it.
I know right? This guy is a talentless hack.

kthsn is offline   Reply With Quote