HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[STL/CHI] Kruger for Edmundson

Old
07-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

vCash: 500
I want to see Edmunson got to Edmonton. Just because

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Bluesnatic27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
I want to see Edmunson got to Edmonton. Just because
I want to see Martin St. Louis in a Blues uniform for the same reason...

also Schultz, so we can have Schwartz, Schmaltz, and Schultz=an announcers nightmare

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

As a Blues fan, I think CHI could do better than Edmundson. Hes a prospect with a decent upside but he certainly hasnt separated himself from the pack. Kruger had an underwhelming first full season on a high scoring team, but he was only 21 and could probably get a much further developed player

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

This does not help the Hawks... no need to say yes

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 01:09 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Not a fan of Kruger... but no.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 01:53 AM
letmesleep

A young third line center would be great for the Blues. I'd make this trade. I might even throw in a late pick as well. Edmundson is a decent prospect but we are too thin at center so I think this would be an alright sacrifice to make.

letmesleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 04:37 AM
RedBaronIndian
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
As a Blues fan I would certainly accept this deal. I'm surprised more Hawks fans aren't opposing this deal a little stronger. I like Edmundson as a prospect, and I am of the belief that he will be a solid 4/5 Dman, but he is a long way away from cracking any NHL lineup. The value is fairly similar, but I still think Kruger has a lot of room to grow. Certainly not the worst proposal I've seen on these boards recently. Don't think Chicago is receiving enough in this deal though.
Kruger is a whipping boy for many Hawks fans due to plethora of reasons. He was handed a NHL spot without earning it, put in a 2C role by coach Q that he was ill suited for etc.

I am neutral towards Kruger and want to give him a chance. If he develops properly, IMO he can take over the 3C role of Bolland, if Bolland becomes too expensive to sign 2 years from now. For that reason alone I don't want to trade Kruger just yet.

The other Kruger thread http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1224893

RedBaronIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 04:47 AM
BleedinBlueSince1972
More Cowbell!!!

vCash: 1010
I would not deal with that team ( or Detroit for that matter ) and I'll pass on this proposal since it won't happen anyway.

BleedinBlueSince1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 05:06 AM
StuckOutHere

Hasn't Edmundson's shot been compared to the Higgs Boson? Like time shredding stuff? If a guy like that can hit, play bottom pairing minutes, and lace em up with passes from Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk on the pp I think I would rather keep him. I would like to see the Blues bring Tarasenko's linemate Jori Lehtera over, see if he has NHL stuff on a third line of Steen-Lehtera-Tarasenko.

StuckOutHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:43 AM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
History. We hate Detroit just as much, if you didn't know either.

I know a lot of Chicago people at Mizzou and we always find a way to get in some sort of friendly argument about anything. The city rivalry dates back to 1850 when it was about water vs rail, boats vs trains.
Don't forget wind vs humidity.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:28 AM
stingo

We need Kruger more than another bottom pairing defenseman.

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:19 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 1598
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckOutHere View Post
Hasn't Edmundson's shot been compared to the Higgs Boson? Like time shredding stuff? If a guy like that can hit, play bottom pairing minutes, and lace em up with passes from Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk on the pp I think I would rather keep him. I would like to see the Blues bring Tarasenko's linemate Jori Lehtera over, see if he has NHL stuff on a third line of Steen-Lehtera-Tarasenko.
I believe his shot has been clocked at 100 mph. He's only 19 so he certainly will get bigger and stronger, that shot will only get harder. I'd like to see what he can develop into eventually. He has Jason Garrison written all over him for me. Lehtera will never play for the Blues. His issue when he was drafted was his skating, and he has shown no motivation to improve that. He also would probably rather play on a top line in the KHL, than struggle in the AHL for much less money at a hope of some day reaching the 3rd line in the NHL. I'd be shocked if he made the jump at any point.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 01:54 PM
letmesleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
I believe his shot has been clocked at 100 mph. He's only 19 so he certainly will get bigger and stronger, that shot will only get harder. I'd like to see what he can develop into eventually. He has Jason Garrison written all over him for me. Lehtera will never play for the Blues. His issue when he was drafted was his skating, and he has shown no motivation to improve that. He also would probably rather play on a top line in the KHL, than struggle in the AHL for much less money at a hope of some day reaching the 3rd line in the NHL. I'd be shocked if he made the jump at any point.
Regarding Lehtera, I agree that he is unlikely to come over but I would say it is still more likely than you make it out to be. After this season, he is no longer bound to take an entry level contract. That would allow him to negotiate his own NHL contract, which may be attractive to him. He could possibly ask for a relatively cheap one year deal deal (maybe a shade over a million) but have that salary guaranteed, even if he was in the AHL. If Tarasenko performs well, Jori might take a chance to get in on that. The Blues may also give it a shot, being as how it would be cheap and they would be getting value from an old draft pick. We are also thin on center and likely still will be next season.

letmesleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Penosity

I see no reason why Chicago would trade Kruger at this point.
He had a decent rookie season, had good hockey sense, and was not a liability on the ice nearly as often as most rookies tend to be.

Depth at center is not one of the Hawks' strong points right now. Why trade away a young kid with good potential after his first year?

Penosity is offline   Reply With Quote