HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs Board 2012 Prospect Rankings #14

View Poll Results: Who is #14?
Josiah Didier, D 0 0%
Greg Pateryn, D 1 0.74%
Darren Dietz, D 39 28.68%
Mark MacMillan, LW 4 2.94%
Daniel Pribyl, C 2 1.47%
Brady Vail, C 7 5.15%
Alexander Avtsin, RW 3 2.21%
Gabriel Dumont, C 3 2.21%
Magnus Nygren, D 0 0%
Black Geoffrion, LW/C 6 4.41%
Charles Hudon, LW 1 0.74%
Brendon Nash, D 3 2.21%
Steve Quailer, RW/LW 11 8.09%
Aaron Palushaj, RW 52 38.24%
Joonas Nattinen, C 4 2.94%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2012, 09:55 PM
PK76

vCash: 500
Paloushaille

Add Archambault.

Old
07-08-2012, 09:59 PM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
Voted for Palushaj.

Add Schultz

Old
07-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Voted Dumont (I see him on 4th next season)

I am not a huge fan of Archambault (attitude; he represents a huge challenge for Lapointe and Brisebois) but he showed great skills during the pre season (NHL) games.

But... according to my calculation (3 for Archambault)... he received the most "add" votes in the last poll.

Why did you choose to add Nygren instead?

Nygren 2 2
Shultz 2 2
Nystrom 2 2
Archambault 3 3
Sullivan 1 1

Add Archambault.

EDIT:

Avstin and Chipchura sure received a lot of hype on hfboards.
Quote:
Confirmed.

Archambault received more "add" votes than Nygren in the last poll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
What does it change if Nygren was added instead of Archambault this time? It's not like either is going to receive votes in the near future.

Add Schultz.
Quote:
Is it a poll or the WeThreeKings show?
Quote:
Voted for Palushaj.

Add Schultz
In case you missed my response Pine.

Old
07-08-2012, 10:33 PM
pine
irregistered user

Quote:
Is it a poll or the WeThreeKings show?
Nice catch.

WeeThreeKings is officially rigging the polls. How can I deposit a formal complaint?

Which Habs mod should I contact? Blind Gardien, overlords, Habsfan18, hototogisu, HawkeyeCB or CrimsonSkorpion? Or would a boycott of the threads be more efficient?

Old
07-09-2012, 06:40 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Sorry guys, I counted 2 for each so I added Nygren because he had the most add-in votes in the previous threads.

My mistake!

Old
07-09-2012, 06:43 AM
eddy

Dietz, add Walsh.

Old
07-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Bullsmith

Voted Deitz. Interesting to see there's a core of Palushaj believers still holding the faith. Wish I was one of them.

Old
07-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Sorry guys, I counted 2 for each so I added Nygren because he had the most add-in votes in the previous threads.

My mistake!
Dude! It's a poll on HFBoards! It's serious business!

Quote:
Nice catch.

WeeThreeKings is officially rigging the polls. How can I deposit a formal complaint?

Which Habs mod should I contact? Blind Gardien, overlords, Habsfan18, hototogisu, HawkeyeCB or CrimsonSkorpion? Or would a boycott of the threads be more efficient?
Do all of those things and get in touch with Le Journal. They'll be all over this corruption story. Plus, they'll crucify WTK and his obvious anti-French bias. That's their bread and butter.

Old
07-09-2012, 08:45 AM
bleuetbio

Palushaj, add Walsh

Old
07-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Nice catch.

Protest in front of the Bell Centre?

Voted Archambault, add Schultz.

Old
07-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Protest in front of the Bell Centre?

Voted Archambault, add Schultz.
Are you saying Kovalev should run those polls?

Old
07-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Top Corner2

boom boom now add Schultz!

Old
07-09-2012, 11:12 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

I made a "hockey nightmare" last night. Because of some technical formality that the Habs management forgot to complete, Jarred Tinordi became a free agent and immediately signed a contract with the Vancouver Canucks. It happened so quickly that I was like : "WTF?". Bergevin was also struggling to justify that to the media and was obviously embarrased.

Luckily, I woke up, and Tinordi was still a Hab.

Old
07-09-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Voted Deitz. Interesting to see there's a core of Palushaj believers still holding the faith. Wish I was one of them.
Palushaj is like D'Agostini 2.0.

Old
07-09-2012, 12:10 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Palushaj is like D'Agostini 2.0.
Except that you know, D Agostini came up and produced. Then went on to St Louis to have a 20 goal season.

Old
07-09-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Except that you know, D Agostini came up and produced. Then went on to St Louis to have a 20 goal season.
I know. He still sucks.

Old
07-09-2012, 12:23 PM
ChoseLa

Both Geoffrion is from the 2006 draft, Palushaj is from the 2007 draft, both of them need to prove they can play in this league this season.

Old
07-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
I know. He still sucks.
The thing about D'Agostini was that even though he had faults, he had a couple of defining qualities of very good speed and a great right handed shot. Palushaj doesn't really have anything that sticks out.

Old
07-09-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
The thing about D'Agostini was that even though he had faults, he had a couple of defining qualities of very good speed and a great right handed shot. Palushaj doesn't really have anything that sticks out.
The guy had very good speed but his shot was far from great. He had a hard shot but he would miss the net by 6 feet.

After that whenever I see a prospect with very good speed but not much else I compare them to D'Agostini. Palushaj, like D'Agostini, was only on the club last year because he was our most NHL ready prospect in Hamilton but not necessarily the best or the one with the most potential.

That's why I still have a couple of guys on my list that I could vote for before I vote for D'Agostini.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:09 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Both Geoffrion is from the 2006 draft, Palushaj is from the 2007 draft, both of them need to prove they can play in this league this season.
I don't think Geoffrion has to prove he can play in the NHL this season, since he can go to the AHL without having to clear waivers. Granted management would likely want to see what he can do at some point but I just don't it has to show it this year even though he's older then Palushaj.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:12 PM
76ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
It's about being realistic... Palushaj has already proven he can at least play in the NHL at a 3rd or 4th line. Dietz could not even make the show, in that case Palushaj is the better prospect. Potential is important, but at some point the reality has to kick potential to the curb imo.

I also think Palushaj can still be a good NHLer.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:18 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
It's about being realistic... Palushaj has already proven he can at least play in the NHL at a 3rd or 4th line. Dietz could not even make the show, in that case Palushaj is the better prospect. Potential is important, but at some point the reality has to kick potential to the curb imo.

I disagree that Palushaj has proven he can play in the NHL as a 3rd or 4th liner, as imo he didn't look very good at all so hard to say he's already proven.

To me if you are ranking prospects, potential should be a key part of the discussion since you are talking about 30+ kids that vary in age from 18 to 25 and are at very different stages in their development.

I don't see the point in ranking someone higher because he has played in the NHL vs someone that is in juniors but could end up being much much better when they are at the same development stage as the prospect that already played in the NHL.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post

I view it more as 'who would you rather keep' when comparing pro and junior prospects. At this point, there are a lot of our prospects we're better off with over Palushaj imo.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:24 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I don't see the point in ranking someone higher because he has played in the NHL vs someone that is in juniors but could end up being much much better when they are at the same development stage as the prospect that already played in the NHL.
I think these polls are a bit unfair to the guys who have played in the NHL, actually. A guy like Palushaj looks bad because everyone's seen him play (and do nothing) in the NHL, yet he was a PPG player in the AHL. If he had never seen NHL ice this year I bet he'd rank higher in this poll, because fewer people would have had a chance to see him "fail". He'd just be "Aaron Palushaj, the guy who scored a PPG in the minors". Not "Aaron Palushaj, the guy who did nothing on our 4th line".

And then you compare that to guys like Kristo or Bennett. Practically no one here has seen them play, so they haven't had a chance to see them struggle, and by extension they "must" be better.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:31 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I think these polls are a bit unfair to the guys who have played in the NHL, actually. A guy like Palushaj looks bad because everyone's seen him play (and do nothing) in the NHL, yet he was a PPG player in the AHL. If he had never seen NHL ice this year I bet he'd rank higher in this poll, because fewer people would have had a chance to see him "fail". He'd just be "Aaron Palushaj, the guy who scored a PPG in the minors". Not "Aaron Palushaj, the guy who did nothing on our 4th line".

And then you compare that to guys like Kristo or Bennett. Practically no one here has seen them play, so they haven't had a chance to see them struggle, and by extension they "must" be better.
Well these polls should always be taken with a grain of salt as i've said in other poll threads as the new shiny prospects will usually always be the flavor of the month since they were just drafted and haven't had a chance to disappoint yet.

But when it comes to the NCAA guys, I find they are almost always underrated in these polls, i'm guessing due to the fact that not many will or have seen them play much.

Closed Thread