HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phoenix/Montreal

Old
07-07-2012, 06:00 PM
letowskie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskRinkRat View Post
I don't usually comment on others opinions of trade proposals on this site, but the post I quoted above is the stupidest thing I've ever read on this board.

Yes - Plekanec, Beaulieu and Subban are "quantity". Give your head a shake.
All things are relatively stated. Compared to Yandle or OEL, yeah, these are definitely quantity. Plakanec is a 2nd line player, at best; not something we would be interested in dealing away either Yandle or OEL for.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
To Montreal:

Ekman-Larsson, Vermette, 2013 2nd round pick

To Phoenix:

Plekanec, Subban, Beaulieu, Gomez
A deal with the main pieces being Gormley for Plekanec would be something I could go for but other than that not much I'm interested in. There's pieces I like but nothing I'm ready to pay retail for.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:37 PM
CN_paladin

Montreal wouldn't even do this despite Gomez' contract. Vermette is a 3rd liner at best and Subban and Beaulieu are more valuable to Montreal than OEL.

Neither teams would do this.

CN_paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:32 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
All things are relatively stated. Compared to Yandle or OEL, yeah, these are definitely quantity. Plakanec is a 2nd line player, at best; not something we would be interested in dealing away either Yandle or OEL for.
you're wrong.

and if doan doesn't resign, that '2nd line player, at best' would be your best forward by a substantial margin. so wrap your head around that...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:41 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Wow. No. Big no from the habs.

Why would we do that?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:05 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Montreal loses its #2 center, top 2 Dman and a top line prospect for a very good defenseman and a 2 round pick in 2013 when we already have 3 second round picks in the 2013 draft?

Why would we do this, especially when we can simply bury Gomez in the minors.

I wish people would look at a teams need and cap space before positing trade proposals.

This one is just plain stupid!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:56 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Montreal loses its #2 center, top 2 Dman and a top line prospect for a very good defenseman and a 2 round pick in 2013 when we already have 3 second round picks in the 2013 draft?

Why would we do this, especially when we can simply bury Gomez in the minors.

I wish people would look at a teams need and cap space before positing trade proposals.

This one is just plain stupid!
I think Phoenix fans just assumed the creator of this proposal was a habs fan bc we have never seen this poster in the coyote forum.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Montreal loses its #2 center
Did Galchenyuk overtake Plekanec without playing a professional game?

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:14 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Did Galchenyuk overtake Plekanec without playing a professional game?
Desharnais I assume.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:22 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
I think Phoenix fans just assumed the creator of this proposal was a habs fan bc we have never seen this poster in the coyote forum.
Well I didn't! I figure that it was someone just trying to create animosity between fan bases. It wouldn't improve either team nor it would be for holes in the line up, instead it would take away the personality and chemistry that each team already have.

...AND TO READ ABOUT REACHING THE SALARY CAP FLOOR. iT'S BEEN REPORTED THAT 2/3 OF THE TEAMS DID NOT MAKE A PROFIT. I don't see any teams that have come close to the ceiling, but I have seen teams that need to reach the floor. So either the players have to roll back contracts or the league needs to lower the cap floor. I have suggested that instead of making the floor $16 Mil less than the ceiling that it should be a % instead. My guess is 2/3 of the ceiling which would put the floor @ ~ $48 Mil.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:43 AM
dan1el

IMO, unfair to Montreal. Subban for OEL is a lateral move. Gomez can be buried in the minors so that's pretty much a non-issue. Plekanec and Beaulieu >>>>>>>> Vermette and a 2nd, especially because that would be the Habs' 4th 2013 second.

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:10 AM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by clownquestionbro View Post
subban in his first playoffs, had 8 points in 14 games.
oel this year had 4 points in 16 games.

i'm not just sayin' i'm sayin.

but right OEL >> SUBBAN AINEC.
Typical poster. Focuses on the stats without considering how they played.

Don't worry, I lol'd for a second there.

Thanks.

The Brewmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Pandemic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
Typical poster. Focuses on the stats without considering how they played.

Don't worry, I lol'd for a second there.

Thanks.
You obviously didn't see Subban play that playoffs. He was incredible.

Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Fozz

I don't see OEL as much of an improvement over Subban.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:01 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

I am the OP, and I am a habs fan. Didn't do anything to create animosity to the poster who said that, not to sound dismissive or arrogant towards Phoenix, or their fans....but why the hell would I want to do that with Phoenix of all teams?

I just really like OEL and thought it would be fun to come up with a scenario that the teams might actually consider.

Pretty funny seeing people trash on Subban (and Plekanec, and Beaulieu) just becuase they think highly of OEL.

Never, ever understood the need to trash on other players in an attempt to talk highly about your own players. But to each their own.

For the record, Subban had a better rookie season, he had a better rookie playoffs, he had a great sophomore playoffs and he had a great sophomore season.

I like OEL a lot, and he might just win a Norris trophy or two someday...but by no measure, of any kind, if OEL so far better.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Deaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
You obviously didn't see Subban play that playoffs. He was incredible.
Not only was he incredible on the stat sheet, but he matched up against Sidney Crosby - he who had torched the Sens for 2.5pts/g in Rd. 1 - and almost completely stymied him. Sid didn't score until game 6.

OEL has the poise and hockey IQ to be very, very, very special. PK has the puck skills and physical tools to be very, very, very special. If they both reach their full potential, it'd be like Lidstrom-lite vs. Potvin-lite. There's no right or wrong answer, and as such 'ainec' has no place in the discussion. If you can't resist 'ainec' at this stage, know that neither player is done developing and it might not always be so.

I did, however, shoot beer out my nose when I read that Vermette in Tippett's system is better than Plekanec. We Montreal fans know exactly what kind of player Vermette is, and that's someone who would be behind Plekanec on the depth chart at ES, on the PK and the PP in any coach's system. That one's not close.

Deaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:13 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaner View Post
Not only was he incredible on the stat sheet, but he matched up against Sidney Crosby - he who had torched the Sens for 2.5pts/g in Rd. 1 - and almost completely stymied him. Sid didn't score until game 6.

OEL has the poise and hockey IQ to be very, very, very special. PK has the puck skills and physical tools to be very, very, very special. If they both reach their full potential, it'd be like Lidstrom-lite vs. Potvin-lite. There's no right or wrong answer, and as such 'ainec' has no place in the discussion. If you can't resist 'ainec' at this stage, know that neither player is done developing and it might not always be so.

I did, however, shoot beer out my nose when I read that Vermette in Tippett's system is better than Plekanec. We Montreal fans know exactly what kind of player Vermette is, and that's someone who would be behind Plekanec on the depth chart at ES, on the PK and the PP in any coach's system. That one's not close.
Agree with everything, you should post more often!

Old
07-09-2012, 09:26 AM
number72

Ekman-Larsson is not going anywhere. If the habs want him they need to remove Gomez and add Pacioretty or Galenchyuk to start the conversation.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:28 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Ekman-Larsson is not going anywhere. If the habs want him they need to remove Gomez and add Pacioretty or Galenchyuk to start the conversation.
It would be OEL+ for the first, and OEL^(infinity) for the second.

Old
07-09-2012, 09:38 AM
mkearney913
Bob Ross

It's been said a thousand times on these boards:

QUANTITY DOES NOT EQUAL QUALITY.

mkearney913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:01 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkearney913 View Post

In this case it easily does.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:24 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkearney913 View Post

Its often true but thats because average players have very low value compared to star players. Its more complex than ''quantity =/= quality''.

Example :
Malkin is better than Stamkos
Malkin is better than Doughty

Would you rather have just Malkin or Stamkos AND Doughty? I bet I know the answer.

Subban, Plekanec and Beaulieu are not average here, they each have good value in their own right. OEL might be the better player but the difference between him and Subban is not, imho, worth a good defensive prospect and a great two way forward.

Vermette, being an average player, has little value compared to what the Habs give, he does not really tip the balance. Gomez has negative value but the Habs don't need to give assets to take him out of the lineup since we can waive&loan him to a non-NHL team. In fact, unless we acquire another high cap-hit player we don't need to take him out of the lineup at all.

FlyingKostitsyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:52 AM
ReppingMTL

Wouldn't even do OEL for Subban. There both homegrown drafted talent and at best a lateral movement for both teams..... Can anyone actually justify how OEL is greater than Subban instead of all the Yotes fans just stating it arrongantly without any proof, facts, etc.

ReppingMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:08 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingMTL View Post
Wouldn't even do OEL for Subban. They're both homegrown drafted talent and at best a lateral movement for both teams..... Can anyone actually justify how OEL is greater than Subban instead of all the Yotes fans just stating it arrongantly without any proof, facts, etc.
20 yo great at back checking, seen glimpses of his offensive ability, still hasn't matured physically and when he does, we expect him to become elite. Very dependable, high hockey IQ. Watching him you can tell he is just going to get better.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:13 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
20 yo great at back checking, seen glimpses of his offensive ability, still hasn't matured physically and when he does, we expect him to become elite. Very dependable, high hockey IQ. Watching him you can tell he is just going to get better.
That's nothing that can't be said about Subban, even though they are not the same type of d-men. At 20 Subban was playing against Ovechkin, Malkin and Crosby shutting them down and putting up points. OEL will never be as physically dominant as Subban, and both have a lot of room to grow still.