HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Green to Edmonton?

Old
07-09-2012, 12:45 PM
YesYesYall

vCash: 500
Why would Washington get rid of Mike Green? How many puck movers do they have on the blueline? I think Edmonton has enough offensively skilled D-men in Whitney, Schultz and Petry. They may not be Mike Green calibre, but what can you do? I don't have high expectations for the Oilers this year, anyways.

YesYesYall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

It's a good question. They didn't make an offer for Wideman at least in part because they are counting on Mike Green to lug the puck for a full year. Well, that and Wideman's defense made Green's defense look rock solid.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
What about something like this:

To Washington:
Hemsky, Whitney, Peckham or Teubert

To Edmonton:
Green and Joel Ward

2 guys with some recent injury issues and concerns for 1 guy with recent injury issues and concerns and a guy who isn't playing anywhere near where he should with his contract.
I don't know who's worse for underating and always trying to get rid of Oilers players, you or that LA character...We're not trading a top 3/6 winger with exceptional skill, possibly a return to form of our top #2 defenceman, and another young defenceman besides, for an oft injured defenceman and a 31 year old 3rd/4th line player...Its moves like this that put teams into perpetual rebuild.

I think our Oiler fans spend too much time listening to the opinions of the uninformed fans of other teams on these boards and vastly under-rate our skilled players. How about we take a break from these silly proposals until such time as we can do a proper evaluation of our players and our needs.

No need for the Oil to do anything this silly, at least at the moment. Let's just wait and see how the year, including the kids again with Schultz and Yakupov pan out.

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
It's a good question. They didn't make an offer for Wideman at least in part because they are counting on Mike Green to lug the puck for a full year. Well, that and Wideman's defense made Green's defense look rock solid.
Part of the no offer for Wideman was confidence in Green, but the other part was confidence in Orlov, who will be just fine this season, especially if Oates is willing to rely on youngsters.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 01:43 PM
tony d
Honey Nut Cheerios

Edmonton's 1st rounder in 2013 and Jeff Petry.

07-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by radoneagle112 View Post
They would HAVE to give up Hall, simply because I don't see them moving any of the other members of the big 4. Eberle? He scored 76 points and is only going to get better. Nuge? He's the best of the lot, and is going to be a superstar. Yakupov? He's a future star who can put up 90-100 points a season and is a a cornerstone of the franchise along with RNH for years to come.

Green is a defenseman who had put up PPG numbers for 2 years before he suffered a string of injuries and was the victim of some awful bad luck. He's fully healed now and is still a number one d-man and will cost a lot to acquire, because Washington will demand a lot and will not let him go cheap. Probably going to cost Edmonton Hall. Nothing they would want to do...why give up one of the centerpieces of your franchise? The only way they do that is if they land someone who's as good as Weber.
Green is not worth Hall. Why give up a centerpiecere of our franchise for a player with an injury history like Greens? Greens injury history is very similar to Hemsky's. Both were great players at or near PPG before injuries sidelined them. Both had surgery that looked successful and both have a lot to prove regarding their health.

To all the Hemsky haters following his surgery last season he was playing like he could be hurt again and seemed afraid. Following a hit big enough to rock anyone in the league(Kronwall I believe?) he rebounded and was playing much better. IF the injury is healed he should be much closer to his old stats than the injured stats. Don't forget Hemsky made Horcoff look like a 1st line center.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Halpysback

Horcoff was pretty good at one point actually.

Hemsky at his best is worth around a bad Green. A good Green blows Hemsky out of the water. He's just a much better player.

I can only imagine how untouchable Hemsky would be to Edmonton fans if he had Green's stats.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:49 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Matter View Post
I don't know who's worse for underating and always trying to get rid of Oilers players, you or that LA character...We're not trading a top 3/6 winger with exceptional skill, possibly a return to form of our top #2 defenceman, and another young defenceman besides, for an oft injured defenceman and a 31 year old 3rd/4th line player...Its moves like this that put teams into perpetual rebuild.

I think our Oiler fans spend too much time listening to the opinions of the uninformed fans of other teams on these boards and vastly under-rate our skilled players. How about we take a break from these silly proposals until such time as we can do a proper evaluation of our players and our needs.

No need for the Oil to do anything this silly, at least at the moment. Let's just wait and see how the year, including the kids again with Schultz and Yakupov pan out.
What are you talking about? I don't think I'm underrating the Oiler players at all here. You seem to forget that Mike Green is a legitimate #1 defenseman, something this team doesn't have and needs. Whitney at best is a #2, and there is quite a difference in value between a #1 and a #2.

Take a look through my other posts before you say I underestimate our guys, and especially before you compare me to the Oil homer's of the boards. I think most fans of other teams would say that, if anything, I value our players to heavily.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Horcoff was pretty good at one point actually.

Hemsky at his best is worth around a bad Green. A good Green blows Hemsky out of the water. He's just a much better player.

I can only imagine how untouchable Hemsky would be to Edmonton fans if he had Green's stats.
7 points in 32 games?

If Hemsky is considered inury prone why do injuries not negatively influence green's value.

Only 49 games played year before although he did have good points.

By comparison Hemsky has played 69 and 47 games so is actually less injury prone going over the last couple years.

I agree with you a healthy green > healthy Hemsky but people talk about Hemsky like he played 10 games in 2 years when he has played more then Green and while last year was bad 42 points in 47 games is decent. I think Hemsky is gonna surprise HF this year. Hopefully I dont end up eating crow

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Edmonton's 1st rounder in 2013 and Jeff Petry.
I think this would be a more realistic deal if it included Hemsky

Hemsky, 2013-1st and Petry for Green

Chayos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Nunymare
Rinse, repeat

vCash: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post
I think this would be a more realistic deal if it included Hemsky

Hemsky, 2013-1st and Petry for Green
Nope.

Nunymare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 05:38 PM
foundhockey

No. Mike Green needs to stay in Washington.

foundhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:17 PM
MikeModano9

I wouldn't even give up Petry and the 2013 1st for green. Let alone throw in Hemsky.

Petry is going to surprise some people this year.

MikeModano9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:29 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeModano9 View Post
I wouldn't even give up Petry and the 2013 1st for green. Let alone throw in Hemsky.

Petry is going to surprise some people this year.
Mike knows

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:30 PM
PETRYDISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Mike knows
Petry>God. Trust me I know.

PETRYDISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:33 PM
MikeModano9

Petry discovered the Higgs Boson.

MikeModano9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:36 PM
PETRYDISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeModano9 View Post
Petry discovered the Higgs Boson.
Petry is Jesus, he just wants to have fun this time around. He doesn't even mind getting nailed to the boards anymore.

PETRYDISH is offline   Reply With Quote