HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2012, 01:32 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 1598
Please tell me someone else saw the Flames fan imply that JBo is better than Pietrangelo while arguing that we were making things up that have no basis in fact. I really hope he doesn't actually believe that.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:34 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Please tell me someone else saw the Flames fan imply that JBo is better than Pietrangelo while arguing that we were making things up that have no basis in fact. I really hope he doesn't actually believe that.
I actually, honestly believe that he believes that. Comments like that were made in the other Bouwmeester to St. Louis threads.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:35 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2370
Quote:
That whole trade board has had a high level of stupidity during this off-season. That comment sure takes the cake so far though...Definitely my nomination for a Darwin Award.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Alklha

vCash: 500
Yeah, the trade forum is insane. I try not to get too involved, but curiosity generally gets the better of me.

I appreciate a lot of teams have a lot more younger posters, and tend not to be overly critical. No point talking about other teams players, as it descends into a bashing thread. I'll just say why it doesn't work for the Blues and try to leave it at that.

Trying to use logic to refute that (for example) Bouwmeester is better than Pietrangelo isn't going to go anywhere good, because someone who would post that isn't going to follow the logic.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:54 PM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Quote:
Was definitely worth a few yucks.

Stopped reading after a while though.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:37 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

There have been proposals for Bouwmeester to just about all 29 other teams. I guess all I can say is that if I were a Flames fan, I'd be frustrated enough to hope for a bizarre trade return, too.

Old
07-09-2012, 08:37 PM
simon in canada

Sorry to redirect the conversation, but, I have gathered after reading several threads that Pietrangelo is considered untouchable by most of us, and I concur. However, the one defenseman I would consider better than Petro in the entire NHL, (Yes I think that highly of Petro!), would be Shea Weber. Just out of curiosity, would anybody here trade Pietrangelo for Weber straight up? (Not saying I would do it!) What if Nashville offered Weber and a 1st? Thoughts?

Old
07-09-2012, 08:41 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

No, but pretty much because I wouldn't want to rock the boat and send the wrong message. Wouldn't want to mess with chemistry and other things for a very small, debatable upgrade.

Old
07-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon in canada View Post
Sorry to redirect the conversation, but, I have gathered after reading several threads that Pietrangelo is considered untouchable by most of us, and I concur. However, the one defenseman I would consider better than Petro in the entire NHL, (Yes I think that highly of Petro!), would be Shea Weber. Just out of curiosity, would anybody here trade Pietrangelo for Weber straight up? (Not saying I would do it!) What if Nashville offered Weber and a 1st? Thoughts?
That would be a tough call because if you take Weber off Nashville, that 1st rounder is a top 10 in a very deep draft for high end talent.

Ultimately I think the Blues would pass. Petro is still on his ELC, which to a cap floor budgeted team, the ELC is a big deal. Also the Blues drafted him, patiently developed him and their patience is paying off in a big way. I am a homer, but I really feel that Petro will be a consistent Norris finalist for the next 15 years. Karlsson/Weber are the only 2 defenseman I would even think of moving Petro for, even still I think the Blues keep Petro. He was a huge reason why we traded our former #1 overall defenseman E.j., I don't know if the Blues would have made that move if they had Weber instead of Petro.

That's a tough one, but I would like to see Petro hit his ceiling before entertaining the thought of moving him. If he reaches his ceiling, he will probably be as good, if not better than Weber. Along with the whole loyalty thing, being drafted by the Blues and watching him grow from a kid into one of the best Dman in the league as a 22yr old. The sky is the limit and I think the Blues would want to see him at his apex before moving him. JMO

Old
07-09-2012, 10:19 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:
Pretty easy no.

Pietro still has not hit his ceiling. Personally, I think he has Lidstrom potential and its getting pretty realistic to expect it. Also, even though he'll get a big raise soon, he's still on a controlled RFA contract and it will be less than the Weber value. Plus, I really like Pietro's demeanor and the way he carries himself as a person. I think he's a good teammate.

Old
07-09-2012, 10:33 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
That depends, is Weber signed for the next 10 years at a reasonable Cap hit?

If he is, sure Weber for Pie straight up and Nash can go through a repeat of the Weber saga after Pie's contract runs out.
If not, no way even if they did throw in a 1st.

Old
07-09-2012, 10:35 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 1598
If hypothetically both players were to make the exact same amount, play for the exact same length of time, and we're doing this in a vacuum where I have no personal attachment or sentiment for Pietro, Weber and a 1st would be very difficult to turn down. Realistically, right now if Nashville offered Weber and a first for Pietro I would say absolutely not simply because he only has one year left before he hits UFA, and then you have to get in a bidding war. Right now, Weber is the better of the two. Pietro still has a lot of room to grow though, and will be an RFA for at least 4 more years. Also, we drafted him, he's friends with a lot of the guys, and he's been a huge part of the turn around of this team. Weber is not THAT much better in order to make up for those things. I really hope Pietro is a life long Blue. He has annual Norris candidate written all over him. He does everything well. I'm sure Preds fans would think we're crazy though lol

Old
07-09-2012, 11:44 PM
Bluesnatic27

Quote:
If hypothetically both players were to make the exact same amount, play for the exact same length of time, and we're doing this in a vacuum where I have no personal attachment or sentiment for Pietro, Weber and a 1st would be very difficult to turn down. Realistically, right now if Nashville offered Weber and a first for Pietro I would say absolutely not simply because he only has one year left before he hits UFA, and then you have to get in a bidding war. Right now, Weber is the better of the two. Pietro still has a lot of room to grow though, and will be an RFA for at least 4 more years. Also, we drafted him, he's friends with a lot of the guys, and he's been a huge part of the turn around of this team. Weber is not THAT much better in order to make up for those things. I really hope Pietro is a life long Blue. He has annual Norris candidate written all over him. He does everything well. I'm sure Preds fans would think we're crazy though lol
I'm not going to lie, if Weber goes UFA and the Blues land him, I might explode from laughter simply from the cries I would here in Nashville

Old
07-10-2012, 09:19 PM
stlweir

Would the Blues have any interest in Klesla, one of Pheonix LDmen?

Old
07-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Would the Blues have any interest in Klesla, one of Pheonix LDmen?
Maybe... depends on the asking price.

Old
07-10-2012, 09:55 PM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

I doubt Phoenix is interested in moving Klesla. He played the hardest minutes of anyone on that defense last year, and looked pretty decent doing it. Contending teams don't trade players like that without a very good reason.

Old
07-10-2012, 10:02 PM
stlweir

Yandle and Oliver Ekman-Larsson are both LDmen and thought that might make him potential trade bait.

Old
07-10-2012, 10:10 PM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Yandle and Oliver Ekman-Larsson are both LDmen and thought that might make him potential trade bait.
They both were last year as well, and Klesla was still their go-to guy for tough ES minutes and on the PK.

Old
07-10-2012, 10:44 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2370
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
They both were last year as well, and Klesla was still their go-to guy for tough ES minutes and on the PK.
Pretty much. He's just like Polak. He had all the potential to be a number one but just didn't reach it offensively. Dude is still VERY solid though...Which is why I brought him up a couple days ago.

Old
07-10-2012, 10:50 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

I don't think Klesla would bring what Phoenix needs offensively. For them to stay competitive, I think they have to trade Yandle for offensive help. Vrbata will revert back to what he was without Whitney, and Phoenix will struggle to score goals.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:48 AM
BleedinBlueSince1972
More Cowbell!!!

vCash: 1010
The never ending saga of the mess of the lease , new owner of the Phoenix franchise would make you think if Doan bails and signs with let's say the Rangers or Detroit, the dominos will fall for a fire sale starting with Yandle? I doubt the Blues would land Yandle since Armey has stated he's only dealing future high picks to improve the Blues roster via the trade route.

Old
07-11-2012, 01:57 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post
The never ending saga of the mess of the lease , new owner of the Phoenix franchise would make you think if Doan bails and signs with let's say the Rangers or Detroit, the dominos will fall for a fire sale starting with Yandle? I doubt the Blues would land Yandle since Armey has stated he's only dealing future high picks to improve the Blues roster via the trade route.
That's not what he said. He said he would LIKE to only have to deal picks, but as we know, sometimes it's not that easy and you can't get everything you want. If we have to give a roster player for a player we want, then that's what we might have to do.

Old
07-11-2012, 02:08 AM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post
It's hard to have a true firesale with a cap floor, which Phoenix is almost $11 million under at the moment, and it's even harder to justify one when the team just made it to the conference finals.

They'll be looking to build on what they have regardless of what happens with Doan.

Old
07-11-2012, 02:12 AM
BleedinBlueSince1972
More Cowbell!!!

vCash: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
That's not what he said. He said he would LIKE to only have to deal picks, but as we know, sometimes it's not that easy and you can't get everything you want. If we have to give a roster player for a player we want, then that's what we might have to do.
My apologies, and yes you can't always get what you want, especialy with a small market team on a budget.

Old
07-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Ignore42me*

id rather have M. Staal over Yandle all day.

Closed Thread