HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In review: Kristian Huselius

Old
07-08-2012, 05:44 PM
FlaggerX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
I would be okay with Juice coming back for a year at an appropriate pay cut
Agreed. He isn't worth what we've been paying him, but if we got him for under $2 and he stayed healthy, we get a scorer cheap. It's a gamble, and the Jackets have the room, particularly with Nash gone.

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Cyclones Rock

Given that the guy can put up 55-60 points, I'd think that he'd be a no-brainer for a year deal IF he's healthy.

Given that he hasn't been signed, I'll assume that it's safe to say that he isn't.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:55 PM
FlaggerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
Given that the guy can put up 55-60 points, I'd think that he'd be a no-brainer for a year deal IF he's healthy.

Given that he hasn't been signed, I'll assume that it's safe to say that he isn't.
I'm not sure that's a safe assumption at all. GMs are still shaking out their rosters, lots UFAs and the Nash trade still on the board. Given Huse's particular set of attributes, he strikes me as a late signing by a GM who wants to look at his roster in a more finished state. True Huse might play abroad, but that's always a risk.

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:39 PM
cbjfaninmo
I know nut-ting

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
I agree. LET THE BOYS PLAY!
Thirded. Let the boys play.

cbjfaninmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutter View Post
So far I haven't seen the terms of the agreement with the Jets and it will be interesting to see if they offered him a one-way or two-way deal. The CBJ were able to get him signed last year based on offering a one-way deal, something the Preds were not willing to do. However, as last season was wrapping up there was no indication that the CBJ had any interest in re-signing Dexshow. Perhaps the feeling was mutual.
Pretty sure it was a one year, two way deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutter View Post
Really comes down to what they know about Dexshow's health. If they have inside knowledge that he is not expected to make a full recovery, then it's probably the right decision. However, if all indications are that he is expected to make a full recovery, then I would definitely take the chance on signing him again. We have already invested a full year's salary in him, our goaltending depth, at least going into next season, is still paper thin. Betting on Mason is fool hearty, as proven the last several years. Goalie Bob may be great but if he isn't, or if he went down with an injury, then we would be in bad shape again pretty quickly.

We are going to be way under the cap going into next year. Resigning Dexshow to the same deal seems like a small gamble to add much needed depth AND has the potential of a lot of up side if he turns out to be the real deal.
If he's healthy, he's a great guy to have around, but the problem for us is - where does he fit? You have Mason and Bobrovksy right now for the NHL job ... like it or not, that's probably what we start the season with. Mason is not expendable - nobody is going to take him from us with the money we're paying him, and he'll likely earn a much lower dollar amount next year on a two-way deal, wherever he ends up. I truly believe that the Mike Smith scenario could play out here - we could let him walk, someone could take a chance on him, and watch the magic happen. Or, he could be another Andrew Raycroft and wind up in Italy.

In the AHL, the job will be Allen York's to lose. On top of that, we just re-signed the Macbackup to another one-year deal, so he's in Springfield as well.

Dekanich was a wasted experiment, all in all.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
I like Juice, he has talent and can score unfortunately he has been off the ice more than on it of late, his CBJ ship has sailed, I wish him well and hope he succeeds on another team.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Sign him for 1 year, $1.5 million, then trade him for a draft pick once we're out of playoff contention. (November)

Timeless Winter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Nanabijou
Booooooooooone

If he clears his medical and is will to take no more than 2 million on a 1-year deal, I'd sign him.

This would also be contingent on the fact that Nash wasn't going to be traded before the start of the season, or at least that the CBJ weren't going to get at least 2 NHL-ready forwards in the trade.

I'd like the insurance of another top-6 winger in case Cam has a setback, especially early in the season.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:41 AM
Anisimovs AK

Pickle Juice

wheres Timeless Winter when you need him?

Anisimovs AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Ar-too

vCash: 560
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
The only thing I ever think of when I think of Juice is that I wish we still had Zherdev. Juice never had a chance with me. Same for Tyutin.

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 01:06 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
The only thing I ever think of when I think of Juice is that I wish we still had Zherdev. Juice never had a chance with me. Same for Tyutin.
What would Zherdev do? Usher? Beer guy?

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 01:52 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
What's amusing about Zherdev is that he would probably would have out performed a lot of our forwards over the least 3 or 4 years. He wouldn't do much of anything else, but he would have put up points for us on a very irregular basis.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:25 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
What's amusing about Zherdev is that he would probably would have out performed a lot of our forwards over the least 3 or 4 years. He wouldn't do much of anything else, but he would have put up points for us on a very irregular basis.
And, every so often, he'd have done something that took your breath away, followed shortly by something leaving you shaking you head! Not to mention the hundreds of threads that would have followed to debate his every move and the near-inevitable fracturing of the Board into pro- and con- factions. Ah, the good times we missed!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Ar-too

vCash: 560
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
And, every so often, he'd have done something that took your breath away, followed shortly by something leaving you shaking you head! Not to mention the hundreds of threads that would have followed to debate his every move and the near-inevitable fracturing of the Board into pro- and con- factions. Ah, the good times we missed!
Good thing we've had nothing but kumbaya moments since he's been gone, amirite?

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:58 PM
cbjfaninmo
I know nut-ting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
I'm thinking beer guy. Then it would be fun to watch him do toe drags around the usher...until he spilled the beer.....

cbjfaninmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 03:07 PM
JacketsFanWest

The Jackets need skilled forwards and taking a risk on resigning Huselius might be worth it, assuming his injury problems are over.

I like Huselius, but he does represent the times when the team was shrugging off losing. I'm not sure that's how he feels or he would be a bad guy to have in the locker room around the other players. He's a smaller guy who's played through a lot of injuries and you never know whether that turns into looking "lazy".

He has several kids that are approaching school age, so like Påhlsson, maybe he's weighing is options considering that. With his injuries, he likely won't sign more than a 1 year contract and could be trade deadline fodder. Maybe he'd like to stay in Columbus for that reason.

JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 03:08 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
Good thing we've had nothing but kumbaya moments since he's been gone, amirite?
Yeah, all the harmony of the Balkans.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 05:52 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Yeah, all the harmony of the Balkans.
Didn't they break up when the lead singer left?

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 05:58 PM
99 CBJ

If healthy, and for the right price, Juice could Not hurt this team he could only help.

99 CBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Greece never did live up the solo career hype either, and Bulgaria's overdose was no shocker.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
That's the only time that someone named Tito has ever been referred to as "lead singer".

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:52 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
That's the only time that someone named Tito has ever been referred to as "lead singer".
Montenegro must have been rhythm guitar

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Stretch Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post
The Jackets need skilled forwards and taking a risk on resigning Huselius might be worth it, assuming his injury problems are over.
What risk? I'm not singling you out on purpose JFW, but I keep seeing people talk about risk in relation to Juice. I just don't see any risk whatsoever.

I think we all assume, wherever he signs, it's a 1 year deal at less than $2.5m. If stays healthy, he'd likely outperform that salary. If he doesn't, the insurance covers his salary. So where's the risk?

It's not like we don't need to get to the cap floor anyway.
It's not like we have any proven options at the wing.
It's not like we have a stable of great young talent who need playing time in the top six.
It's not like we aren't counting on RJ Umberger to be our best offensive player.

It's not like...OK, I'll stop there.

Stretch Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:31 PM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch Factor View Post
What risk? I'm not singling you out on purpose JFW, but I keep seeing people talk about risk in relation to Juice. I just don't see any risk whatsoever.

I think we all assume, wherever he signs, it's a 1 year deal at less than $2.5m. If stays healthy, he'd likely outperform that salary. If he doesn't, the insurance covers his salary. So where's the risk?

It's not like we don't need to get to the cap floor anyway.
It's not like we have any proven options at the wing.
It's not like we have a stable of great young talent who need playing time in the top six.
It's not like we aren't counting on RJ Umberger to be our best offensive player.

It's not like...OK, I'll stop there.
Player insurance isn't cheap. I don't think teams generally would carry insurance on a player making under $2M. A Nash or a Wiz, yeah, sure, but not a $2M winger. Just what I've been told.

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
fox2usp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:15 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Hey guys . . . curious, have there been any reports yet regarding what Huselius' future entails?

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote