HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phoenix/Montreal

Old
07-09-2012, 12:54 PM
ReppingMTL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
That's nothing that can't be said about Subban, even though they are not the same type of d-men. At 20 Subban was playing against Ovechkin, Malkin and Crosby shutting them down and putting up points. OEL will never be as physically dominant as Subban, and both have a lot of room to grow still.

Agreed. OEL is awesome. Seen him play a lot and his IQ and poise is almost unmatchable at his age. Subban brings other intangibles to a team and both defenseman will be great assets to their respective team. To say as some have said in previous posts that OEL is that much better than Subban is an unfair statement.

ReppingMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

OEL is amazing, but I'm not sure he's that much better than Subban. Plekanec is more valuable than Vermette. Gomez is obviously a dump, but I wouldn't give Beaulieu up for a 2nd/salary dump.

Maybe Kristo instead of Beaulieu and the value is more fair.

Hawkguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 03:12 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
you're wrong.

and if doan doesn't resign, that '2nd line player, at best' would be your best forward by a substantial margin. so wrap your head around that...
I am right; Plakanec is no where near the 1st line game breaker that we would need. Boedker, Vermette, Hanzel, etc are all pretty much in the same range of player as Plak. We need someone that is ACTUALLY much better than anyone on our forwards corps, and Plakanec is not even in the same ballpark of what we are looking for.

The only player that might draw interest from Phx for either Yandle or OEL would be Paccioretty. But I doubt that Mont would be in the position to deal him, as that would devastate their entire forward ranks. So, no; there is no one on Montreal that would remotely interest the Coyotes, in terms of what the Canadiens would be willing to consider, in order to tempt the Yotes in moving either of those.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 03:21 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
OEL is amazing, but I'm not sure he's that much better than Subban. Plekanec is more valuable than Vermette. Gomez is obviously a dump, but I wouldn't give Beaulieu up for a 2nd/salary dump.

Maybe Kristo instead of Beaulieu and the value is more fair.
Subban is a good player, probably not with OEL level potential, but nontheless a very valuable piece. Baulieu can also be a nice top 3 D, if he fulfills his potential. But neither has any interest for the Coyotes at all; since we are overloaded on D, and is in a position to swap one of Yandle and OEL for a top line dominant forward, not two more defencemen.

This trade literally makes no sense for the Coyotes at all, creates more log jam in the areas that we are already strong, but taking away the biggest trade chip that we would have to land a premier forward. It's basically a non-starter.

We would be interested to see if we can put together a package involving OEL for another package to includes a player like Tavares or Hall; or perhaps a pair of borderline young 1st line players in a deal like OEL + 2nd for Oshie + Perron. Nothing on Montreal simply fits, the deal is dead before you even try to think of one....

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 03:34 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
No never, I love Gallagher too much to ever offer him in a deal.
That's how PHX fans feel about OEL.

I think they value is decent, maybe even lower that 2nd rd pick by PHX, but I don''t really see why PHX actually does this. Pleks would be nice to add to some needed offensive ummph!, but there's probably other trades that could be done.

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote