HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tom Sestito agreed to a one-year deal worth $605,000

Old
07-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Stizzle

vCash: 500
I like Sestito quite a bit. He skates well for a big guy and causes havoc. I hope he makes the team over Rinaldo, and of course Shelley.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:41 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
I like Sestito quite a bit. He skates well for a big guy and causes havoc. I hope he makes the team over Rinaldo, and of course Shelley.
I could make the team over Shelley

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:49 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
so you just want to concede the games against Pittsburgh this year?
It's clearly a joke...

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:52 PM
lancer247

Quote:
yeah he was pretty effective last year when the opposition wasnt laughing at him.

sorry. i dont like him. He does nothing for me. he doesnt have any hockey skill, unless you call trying to put a player into the 5th row skill. he takes stupid penalties, brings none to little offense to the table and hes another player likely to be suspended before the season starts.
I can understand you not liking the guy. He isn't going to an all-star any time soon but you stereotype him as a guy that can't play and takes dumb penalties because he is big and play a physical game. The guy had 3 minor penalties in 14 games. Hardly someone that just takes stupid penalties especially considering the style of game he plays. Even in his stint with CLB he had two goals & 2 assists in 9 games and fighting penalties. The one suspension he had was in pre-season when players were still figuring out what Shanny's guidelines would be.

I don't see how the Flyers can go another season with 2 forwards over 6'2" & 210lbs (Hartnell & Rusty) when the division and conference keeps getting bigger and more physical and then fans can't understand why they had problems with BOS, NYR, OTT, and NJD (later in the season).

Whether it's Sestito or signing a guy like Winnik the Flyers need some size.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:59 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
After seeing his pathetic attempts at trash talking during the Winter Classic I can't help but laugh at the guy.
He played in the Winter Classic?

Old
07-09-2012, 03:10 PM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Just waive shelley and use sestito instead.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 03:20 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
I can understand you not liking the guy. He isn't going to an all-star any time soon but you stereotype him as a guy that can't play and takes dumb penalties because he is big and play a physical game. The guy had 3 minor penalties in 14 games. Hardly someone that just takes stupid penalties especially considering the style of game he plays. Even in his stint with CLB he had two goals & 2 assists in 9 games and fighting penalties. The one suspension he had was in pre-season when players were still figuring out what Shanny's guidelines would be.

I don't see how the Flyers can go another season with 2 forwards over 6'2" & 210lbs (Hartnell & Rusty) when the division and conference keeps getting bigger and more physical and then fans can't understand why they had problems with BOS, NYR, OTT, and NJD (later in the season).

Jake is 6'1" 205lbs not exactly small. He's not a physical player but he won't be getting tossed around either. Flyers also have some real big d-men too in Mez (6'2" 220lbs), Grossmann (6'4" 230lbs), Coburn (6'5" 220lbs), Schenn (6'2" 230lbs), Lilja (6'3" 220lbs) and now Gervais (6'1" 200lbs).

At the forward position I just think the Flyers have Testwuide (6'3" 210lbs) as a better option already in the system. I think Teswuide is an all around better hockey player. He hits, works the corners, fights, plays great defense and can actually score some points too. That's just me though

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
Norton Sports

Client @TomSestito23 has come 2 terms w #Flyers on 1-year deal.
I do not mind the signing as long as he wins some of his dam fights! For as big as he is he drops his head down right at the get go and leaves himself to some big shots.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 03:41 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
He played in the Winter Classic?
My fault, it was the last game against the Rangers before the Winter Classic. Which was also covered by 24/7 so I confused the two.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 03:59 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Jake is 6'1" 205lbs not exactly small. He's not a physical player but he won't be getting tossed around either. Flyers also have some real big d-men too in Mez (6'2" 220lbs), Grossmann (6'4" 230lbs), Coburn (6'5" 220lbs), Schenn (6'2" 230lbs), Lilja (6'3" 220lbs) and now Gervais (6'1" 200lbs).

At the forward position I just think the Flyers have Testwuide (6'3" 210lbs) as a better option already in the system. I think Teswuide is an all around better hockey player. He hits, works the corners, fights, plays great defense and can actually score some points too. That's just me though
I am fine giving Testwuide a shot. He has been good defensively in the A.

I am not Sestito's agent so I don't care how they do it but they need some size in their in forwards. Whether it's Testwuide or signing Winnik. I am not as concerned about the fighting as the ability to punish a teams and wear them down.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:05 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
The line with Rinaldo and Sestito as wingers was so tough on the other team. They come out, dump it in, punish the other teams D. As long as Rinaldo and Sestito can limit their penalties, I think them with possibly Talbot in the middle could be the toughest line to play against in the league. Or even Fedotenko

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek (Hopefully RW is upgraded to Doan/trade)
Read-Schenn-Briere
Talbot-Couturier-Simmonds
Sestito-Fedotenko-Rinaldo
That 2nd line is so tiny

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:15 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:

This. All this. The fact that members of the Pittsburgh Penguins feel like they can push our team around and deliver cheapshots should be all the wake up call people need. It doesn't matter if they won the ****ing series, both Couturier or Schenn could have been seriously hurt. James Neal should be shaking in his ****ing boots next season when they play us. And Kris Letang also needs an ass-beating for thinking he's a tough guy for beating up Kimmo. They aren't a big roster, and they aren't even a tough roster but the fact that they thought they could get aways with cheapshots says enough about our team's perceived toughness.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:53 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Just waive shelley and use sestito instead.
Shelley wont get waived hes how you say it a good locker guy.

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:38 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1503
From CSN:

Quote:
Sestito agrees to deal
Forward Tommy Sestito on Monday agreed to a one-year deal with the Flyers worth $605,000. He has not yet signed the contract, however.
http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...570&feedID=695

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:44 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

that was his qualifying offer. good number

Old
07-09-2012, 08:46 PM
bp spec

It's the Sestosito man..

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:18 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:

if he was 5"10 and 180 he wouldnt be as popular as he is now.
2 goals, and 2 assists in 9 games is way to small of a sample size for me to even think about having any hockey skill. I dont think he is a good hockey player. I think he belongs in the AHL.
I know the Flyers need size on the wings. I wont deny that. I would rather have someone who can play. Sestito isnt a NHL player. Especially when if he is in the lineup he is playing 4 minutes a night.
Winnik has more hockey skill then Sestito does. I would take him.
As I have stated as it stands right now there is little room for him in the lineup. Shelley isnt going anywhere sadly and then there is Rinaldo as well. You cannot have all 3 on the roster.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:41 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
if he was 5"10 and 180 he wouldnt be as popular as he is now.
2 goals, and 2 assists in 9 games is way to small of a sample size for me to even think about having any hockey skill. I dont think he is a good hockey player. I think he belongs in the AHL.
I know the Flyers need size on the wings. I wont deny that. I would rather have someone who can play. Sestito isnt a NHL player. Especially when if he is in the lineup he is playing 4 minutes a night.
Winnik has more hockey skill then Sestito does. I would take him.
As I have stated as it stands right now there is little room for him in the lineup. Shelley isnt going anywhere sadly and then there is Rinaldo as well. You cannot have all 3 on the roster.
I think there is one roster spot open to whoever can snag it, the 4RW spot (unless other moves are made of course). If the season started tomorrow, I'd hand Sestito the job. He's skilled enough not to embarrass himself. But I'm hoping someone like Testwuide, Holmstrom, or Zolniercyzk steps up and takes it.

I do agree that unless a.) Our starting lineup is dismantled due to injury, or b.) we've got an upcoming slugfest with a team due to a previous game...that Sestito, and Rinaldo should never be in the lineup together. Throw Shelley's name in there too.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:52 AM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

I'm shocked at the hate someone can receive just because they play a rough game.

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:02 AM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

Very happy for this signing, I saw someone say his attempt at Trash talking was awful, did you hear Shelley? Shelley goes hey stop picking on the young guys and rupp goes your irrelevant Shelley your ****ing irrelevant, and how does Shelley respond you ask? He says so are you! So don't say **** about sestito when he's all around better then Rinaldo and Shelley combined

Giroux 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 08:46 AM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
He hits like a truck and will fight anyone out there on the ice. Players hate to play against him but love him on their team because he will fight their battles so they can just concentrate on hockey. I am hoping he will make the lineup this season and rotate in and out with Rinaldo.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:02 AM
ORYX

I don't think you are giving the guy enough credit for his hockey ability.

No one is calling him a real offensive threat, but he is bigger then Rinaldo and has much more proven scoring ability.

As a 'Tough guy' in the AHL, his numbers aren't so bad:

GP: 245 G: 47 A: 65 P: 112

Nearly half a point a game as a 'fighter'. His junior numbers are better. 42 goals in 60 games his final season, and nearly a point a game in the playoffs.

I'd take him over Rinaldo personally, which to some doesnt say much, but I believe they bring something to the game, much more then Harry Z or Holmstrom for a 4th line role.

If you don't have Rinaldo or Sestito in the line-up that means one of Simmonds, Schenn(s) or Talbot will be answering the bell when it needs answering. I'd much rather have those guys on the ice or available for ice time then sitting out for fighting the other teams bushleaguer.

You fight bushleaguers with bushleaguers, not 2nd liners with concussion history.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:04 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Holmstrom isnt anything special IMO. don't know why so many people like him

Old
07-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Yeah, Sestito has some hockey ability. He is way better than Shelley.

I like the ability to skate and hit for a big man the most. Most tough guys can hardly even move.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Codith

I don't know about you guys, but I thought this team looked its best when Tom was actually in the lineup. The guy seems to add an element of fear on the ice, beastmode. I know he doesnt bring a ton to the table, but when we are playing a team like the pens, I want this horse in the lineup!

Codith is offline   Reply With Quote