HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ana-Pitt

Old
07-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
Kunitz
Tangradi
Kennedy
Jeffrey
Maatta
Bortuzzo
Lovejoy
2014 1st
So we blow up our depth for one player?

We don't have the parts for Ryan.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Rocket of Russia
Defender of Tang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
I dont see what youre missing. The Penguins have nothing else of value to Anaheim. Like NJ/Nash they will do everything to keep Perry before trading him for a pile of futures. If we move Perry, it means we are in a full rebuild mode, which our GM has stated multiple times he will not do. So in my opinion, Murray will try to sign Perry until June 31st before he trades him.
Dear god. Not ONCE did I suggest the Penguins had the pieces to trade for Ryan or Perry. In fact, I posted this at the end of almost each of my posts. The original message, again not written to you, called into question the fact that it was crazy to put the likes of Crosby, Malkin or Letang into the mix as possible payment for Perry this year if he wasn’t signing an extension with the Ducks.

Quote:
All Ive seen Penguins fans offer is prospects, and none of your roster players entice me to move Perry. Its not happening.
Again, I’ve never made a proposal for Ryan. That trade flew when Staal left.

Quote:
Also, Staal got 1 roster player, and Hossa got 2 and Perry would get more than both.
They don’t move in sequential order as you’d like to make it. Never mind that your example was false: Hossa was obtained WITH Dupuis so based on your reasoning, Hossa got 1 roster player – although ask anyone what kind of “roster” player Armstrong and Christiansen turned out to be. And there you have the point of my previous posts – that none of these returns for these star players resembled anything in the realm of the star players on the team trading for them. Sutter, Christiansen, and Armstrong or Malkin, Crosby, and Letang…

Last edited by Rocket of Russia: 07-09-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Rocket of Russia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
I dont see what youre missing. The Penguins have nothing else of value to Anaheim. Like NJ/Nash they will do everything to keep Perry before trading him for a pile of futures. If we move Perry, it means we are in a full rebuild mode, which our GM has stated multiple times he will not do. So in my opinion, Murray will try to sign Perry until June 31st before he trades him.

Also, Staal got 1 roster player, and Hossa got 2 and Perry would get more than both. All Ive seen Penguins fans offer is prospects, and none of your roster players entice me to move Perry. Its not happening.
I just can't imagine that being the case if Perry isn't resigned by the trade deadline. That would almost certainly mean he will test the market, and could be lost for nothing. At least NJ and Nashville were both making cup runs this year, so they lost Parise and Suter for a chance at the cup.

I loved what Staal brought to the Pens, and hated to see him go, but Shero pulled the right move. Once it was apparent he could be lost for nothing, he got a young roster player and a couple of prospects and moved on!

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket of Russia View Post
That’s strange. You responded to a previous question to a poster regarding the very same irrelevant topic. My question – not to you, mind you – was what do Crosby, Malkin, Neal, and Letang being untouchable have to do with moving Perry? This part shouldn’t be too hard to understand either. The point of the question being that it’s laughable to include Crosby or Malkin in a deal for Perry to begin with, let alone discussing pieces like Neal or Letang, when we’re discussing a trade for a soon to be UFA, who in the hypothetical situation discussed previously, had stalled talks with the Ducks to resign. Remember what Staal fetched? Remember what Hossa fetched? Nowhere in the ballpark of the names you’re listing.
Hi. Said previous poster here. You're refusing to connect some rather obvious dots here. Step 1 - Perry won't bring back Neal, Malkin and friends. Step 2 - that means you look at the other assets the Penguins have to trade for Perry. Step 3 - the assets other than Neal, Malkin and friends are inferior to the assets that other teams will offer for Perry.

It's pretty basic really. The pieces that the Ducks would want are off limits. The pieces that aren't won't win a bidding war. So therefore, there's no point even discussing it.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Rocket of Russia
Defender of Tang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Hi. Said previous poster here. You're refusing to connect some rather obvious dots here. Step 1 - Perry won't bring back Neal, Malkin and friends. Step 2 - that means you look at the other assets the Penguins have to trade for Perry. Step 3 - the assets other than Neal, Malkin and friends are inferior to the assets that other teams will offer for Perry.

It's pretty basic really. The pieces that the Ducks would want are off limits. The pieces that aren't won't win a bidding war. So therefore, there's no point even discussing it.
How can the two of you continue to say I'm the one missing something? You're still stating exactly what I'm correcting. Crosby, Malkin, Letang, etc. are not on the block for Perry because they are worth more than Perry in the given scenario (one in which he is not resigning and will hit the open market in 2013), NOT because said Pit players are off-limits. Staal and Hossa were used as examples. You can stop pretending you didn't know what the original point was now.

Edit: I bolded the last part for you, because you continued to do exactly what I said in your very next post. I can use the edit function instead of addressing your "I got the last word in" mentality and flip-flop argument positions.

Last edited by Rocket of Russia: 07-09-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Rocket of Russia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket of Russia View Post
How can the two of you continue to say I'm the one missing something? You're still stating exactly what I'm correcting. Crosby, Malkin, Letang, etc. are not on the block for Perry because they are worth more than Perry in the given scenario (one in which he is not resigning and will hit the open market in 2013), NOT because said Pit players are off-limits. Staal and Hossa were used as examples. You can stop pretending you didn't know what the original point was now.
Is seems you are unaware that nobody is arguing that position, and in fact we are restating it for you. You need to get unstuck from that position, because the point that is being made is that discussing a Penguins trade for Perry is ludicrous, because the only players who Pittsburgh would offer would be just as ludicrous a discussion. That was the point - since these players aren't available, there nothin worth discussing. It was never stated, implied or hinted at that they SHOULD be available, it was stating that they were the only pieces on the Penguins that the Ducks would be interested in trading one of their big pieces for. See the difference?

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:10 PM
forgeSHIELD

This makes no sense for either team. If the Pens trade for a forward, it isn't going to be Nash or Ryan. It'll be for someone who has potential, on a team that doesn't need it. Instead of giving up Tangradi why not just see what the kid can do on Sid's wing for a few games in preseason.

forgeSHIELD is offline   Reply With Quote