HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy (Part VIII): Still no decision with Doan

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2012, 04:27 PM
mullichicken25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Probably, and thats a damn shame to be honest.
No shot in hell I'd come back and play here if I was him

Old
07-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
A brief Doan update -- the group seeking signatures to put the Glendale Arena deal on the ballot will not turn in signatures today on the city mandated deadline. They (the group) feels that they should have 8 additional days to file petitions.

The Glendale City Attorney has indicated that if petitions are not turned in today the City will move foreward with the Greg Jamison deal.

This is good news for AZ hockey fans. It also may well take Doan out of play.
He was never really in play for us anyway IMO

Old
07-09-2012, 04:33 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Not true.

He was for 2 pages.

Old
07-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
If anything this doesn't change anything in the Nash situation, could start real discussions for Bobby Ryan among teams however. I expect that is going to start gaining traction this week. I also expect Semin is going to sign shortly.

Old
07-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
If anything this doesn't change anything in the Nash situation, could start real discussions for Bobby Ryan among teams however. I expect that is going to start gaining traction this week. I also expect Semin is going to sign shortly.
I still expect both to be moved, just a hunch. Though if I'm ANA, I'm keeping Ryan with the possibility that BOTH Getzlaf and Perry test FA.

Old
07-09-2012, 04:44 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Hockey City Classic: College hockey doubleheader set for Chicago's Soldier Field on Feb. 17 - Miami vs. Notre Dame, Minnesota vs. Wisconsin
https://twitter.com/LetsPlay_Hockey/...09441105027073

The Rangers have two prospects playing. Steven Fogarty and Brady Skjei.

Old
07-09-2012, 04:46 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Two things:

1) It's pretty obvious 99 pct of the posters here don't have Center Ice. I know times are tough, but I suggest you fork over the coin to watch a guy like Rick Nash play more than three times a year in order to understand how bad he was this season. And when I say "bad" I mean not burying gimme chances. Can't blame his teammates at all.

2) Certain guys just suck playing for a NY team. Look at AJ Burnett. Same with Roszival. Roszival wasn't booed because he was miscast. Roszival was booed because he was a steaming turd his last three seasons in every facet of his game.

I'll acknowledge his decent play with Phoenix, especially late last season. But Phoenix ain't Herald Square or Madison Square.

Rosie won't work here. A victim? Please.

Old
07-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Two things:

1) It's pretty obvious 99 pct of the posters here don't have Center Ice. I know times are tough, but I suggest you fork over the coin to watch a guy like Rick Nash play more than three times a year in order to understand how bad he was this season. And when I say "bad" I mean not burying gimme chances. Can't blame his teammates at all.

2) Certain guys just suck playing for a NY team. Look at AJ Burnett. Same with Roszival. Roszival wasn't booed because he was miscast. Roszival was booed because he was a steaming turd his last three seasons in every facet of his game.

I'll acknowledge his decent play with Phoenix, especially late last season. But Phoenix ain't Herald Square or Madison Square.

This is just plain wrong. Rozsival was thoroughly solid in his time here. And he'd sure as hell be an improvement on icing Stu ****ing Bickel on the right side.

Old
07-09-2012, 04:48 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Oh yes he was (is)

Old
07-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
This is just plain wrong. Rozsival was thoroughly solid in his time here. And he'd sure as hell be an improvement on icing Stu ****ing Bickel on the right side.
But he fights, and he....well...er...he fights.

Old
07-09-2012, 04:55 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

If Rosy was a steaming turd, Stu Bickel is the worst defenseman to ever play in the NHL.

Rosy was just fine.

Old
07-09-2012, 04:56 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Two things:

Seriously?

Rosie was a stellar d-man for us his entire time here. He was dependable and logged serious minutes every night. He wasn't flashy or physical but he got the job done. Did he has his flaws? Absolutely. Numerous times he got caught flat-footed on a pinch or he read the play wrong but fans didn't like him because he was being paid like a drew doughty and he wasn't producing.

07-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Rozsival only finished the season with a minus once during his time here. He scored 30+ points in 4 years, had 10+ goals in 2 years, all while logging 21-24 minutes on average. Yet fans needed a scapegoat so they used to rag on him (and still do apparently).

Old
07-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Rosie was fine. He was solid most of the time. Yeah, he made gaffes here and there, but he was definitely one of our best defenders while he was here. The only reason he got chased out of town his last few seasons is because his offensive game deteriorated to nearly nothing, and his defense, while solid, wasn't good enough to warrant that $5M cap hit.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:07 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
The people who would complain about Rozi now are the same ones that complained about him before. Only thing is now he might be a bit cheaper and second he doesn't have Jagr to feed the puck to he might actually take a shot from the point.
At $5mil per he better be cheaper and to be honest I'd be more comfortable if he wasn't in the top 4. Personally I think Stralman is more fit for a top 4 these days than he is and I definitely wouldn't be paying Anton anywhere close to $5mil per. I'm not against bringing Rozi back but it would be at about $1.5 and for no more than two years and I can't see him going any further than that with us. It's nice though that he's a right side D. That helps his case. Past that you have to figure on McIlrath for one.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
According to CP, Peter Mueller is gonna sign with the Flames.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:11 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

I think the main problem NYR fans had (have) with Rozy is he's soft. Really soft.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Oh yes he was (is)
based on what? certainly not location which is what he desires the most according to his agent. or is it the 5 years the Rangers would be unwilling to give?

Old
07-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
I think the main problem NYR fans had (have) with Rozy is he's soft. Really soft.
Well Rangers fans need to realize one or two players on the team may be soft. That's probably the most annoying thing I read around here. Not every player is Callahan, or Prust.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
one of zipay's tweets' a while ago said rozy had knee problems and rangers would not look into signing him...it was a bit ago, and i think it was zipay, but it could have been someone else

Old
07-09-2012, 05:16 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Yes, if we can get these two signed long term. But it is completely unreasonable.
But that is the chance we take to make the deal

Arguably Getzlaf > Richards
and Perry at least >>> Stepan

Ducks may have $$ issues, maybe not. Maybe just want some to minimize some uncertainty. Maybe just want more flexibility about Ryan --- we all agree of the 3, Getzlaf + Perry are the 2 we take, right?

Ducks could wind up with all, nothing, or something in between.
If Richards went, that would be a definite rock they could bank on, not cheap, but not as expensive as Getzlaf + Perry.

That's why they even think about it, again, feel free to add both sides, finish the thought into a full blown possible trade.

But yes, we go down this path, no Nash, no Ryan, and we have further moves to make by next year. We take on risk. But we have upside.

The potential on that upside is why we should/should not make that deal.

The floor is open for those who wish discuss the topic.
My replies are tomorrow. The real world pulls me away, ftm.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:17 PM
McDonagh27

Canadiens called Terry Bross (Lagardere Unlimited) for his client Shane Doan. Bross said that Doan has interest for the Canadiens. -- RenLavoieRDS (@RenLavoieRDS)

Not sure how the Habs fit as a suitor. They have terrible contracts already in Gionta and Gomez. Not sure they can afford another big money big term commitment.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:19 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Why bother discussing a ridiculously implausible scenario like that?
I agree it is very unlikely.
But in a certain context where we know/suspect Ducks have lots of angst right now (not sure how much), it may be possible to pull of this deal if the right parts were added... but would we want to pay such price, add ons or not?

Old
07-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
But that is the chance we take to make the deal

Arguably Getzlaf > Richards
and Perry at least >>> Stepan

Ducks may have $$ issues, maybe not. Maybe just want some to minimize some uncertainty. Maybe just want more flexibility about Ryan --- we all agree of the 3, Getzlaf + Perry are the 2 we take, right?

Ducks could wind up with all, nothing, or something in between.
If Richards went, that would be a definite rock they could bank on, not cheap, but not as expensive as Getzlaf + Perry.

That's why they even think about it, again, feel free to add both sides, finish the thought into a full blown possible trade.

But yes, we go down this path, no Nash, no Ryan, and we have further moves to make by next year. We take on risk. But we have upside.

The potential on that upside is why we should/should not make that deal.

The floor is open for those who wish discuss the topic.
My replies are tomorrow. The real world pulls me away, ftm.
Again, if Sather is confident he can re-sign the two, then he would make the deal.

Although it doesn't send a good message to FAs that we shipped out our big fish only after 1 yr. Simply unrealistic.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:28 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
A CBJ number 1 pick will probably be a top 5 pick in the draft? Could possibly be the number 1?

My guess is that you'll have to throw Kreider in the deal as well to get the number 1 ? It still might not be enough.

A CBJ 2nd round pick might the be equivalent to a Ranger 1st round pick?
No throwing in Kreider.
I don't rate Stepan as highly as most of the rest of you, but he is not chopped liver.

Taking into account risk, cap hit, etc. Nash comes to NY for "the minimum", whatever that is yet defined to be.

So maybe if Nash is more of a throw in to
Stepan, MDZ, Ranger 2nd round pick
for
CBJ 1st round pick..."

That's the basis of where I was going.
CBJ gets 2 solid players, cheap atm, for an overpriced Nash, but then has to flip picks with us.

I'm not saying slam dunk win win.
I'm saying there are angles to be played.

Closed Thread