HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kiszla:Dealing Avs' Matt Duchene a smart idea

Old
07-09-2012, 12:52 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

vCash: 500
I'm pretty sure that Kiszla is concussed.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
I'm pretty sure that Kiszla is concussed.
Impossible.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Elever
Hth

This would be what probably breaks the straw for me....I'd basically stop supporting or at least closely following a club whose GM makes these types of decisions.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 01:57 PM
IceRat
#BallsOnTheTable

How bout this for an idea

I think the Post should trade Kiszla for a real journalist with hockey knowledge or at least a semi decent celebrity gossip reporter

IceRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:21 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
This would be what probably breaks the straw for me....I'd basically stop supporting or at least closely following a club whose GM makes these types of decisions.
Bandwagoning at it's finest.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM93 View Post
Bandwagoning at it's finest.
Not quite...if they were bandwagoning they would've jumped off the wagon around nine years ago.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:28 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Not quite...if they were bandwagoning they would've jumped off the wagon around nine years ago.
Well.. When someone says i'm going to stop supporting this team because I don't like what the GM did, that says bandwagoning to me. You don't just STOP supporting a team because you don't agree with their direction or actions, even if the Avs traded Duchene, O'reilly, Landeskog, etc for Matt Stajan and a 2nd i'd still support them, as every true fan should.

Old
07-09-2012, 02:47 PM
IceRat
#BallsOnTheTable

Quote:
Well.. When someone says i'm going to stop supporting this team because I don't like what the GM did, that says bandwagoning to me. You don't just STOP supporting a team because you don't agree with their direction or actions, even if the Avs traded Duchene, O'reilly, Landeskog, etc for Matt Stajan and a 2nd i'd still support them, as every true fan should.
LOL ... then you truely don't know what the term means
I grew up and live in the Chicago area and spent years feeding the (old man) Wirtz machine my money to see a mishandled product year after year

prior to the 95-96 season I decided enough was enough and abandoned ship and decided to follow the newly relocated team in Colorado ... needless to say the rest is history and I still pledge my allegance to them today (never returning to the Hawks even after Dollar Bill passed or during/after their Cup run)

there is a difference between being a "true fan" and being a stupid fan

Old
07-09-2012, 02:49 PM
KodiakArrest
MacWinnin'

Articles such as this were designed to cause a stir, best option is to just pretend it doesn't exist. Next.

KodiakArrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:52 PM
AvalancheFan19

Quote:

AvalancheFan19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:57 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRat View Post
LOL ... then you truely don't know what the term means
I grew up and live in the Chicago area and spent years feeding the (old man) Wirtz machine my money to see a mishandled product year after year

prior to the 95-96 season I decided enough was enough and abandoned ship and decided to follow the newly relocated team in Colorado ... needless to say the rest is history and I still pledge my allegance to them today (never returning to the Hawks even after Dollar Bill passed or during/after their Cup run)

there is a difference between being a "true fan" and being a stupid fan
LOL... Then you're not a loyal hockey fan then. You can't just get up and abandon a team cause you don't like the way their run or the decisions they make. Think if you stayed a Blackhawks fan, you'd be celebrating a recent championship. You'd be able to brag about Toews, Kane, Keith, etc. Just because a team has a rough stretch you abandon them? Pathetic.

Old
07-09-2012, 02:58 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Yeah.......they did, now they're jumping off the Rockies.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 02:59 PM
AvalancheFan19

Quote:
How is that bandwagoning? I'm pretty sure that term means when you start cheering for a winning team out of the blue, hence hopping on the wagon. I understand that abandoning a team might be cowardly and not loyal, but I don't think it classifies as bandwagoning. Don't get me wrong I'll support them forever, but if they made that trade... But I agree with the overall point of your post. Burgundy for life!

AvalancheFan19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 03:03 PM
KodiakArrest
MacWinnin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Yeah.......they did, now they're jumping off the Rockies.
I hate the Monforts. I despise the decisions they make for the Rockies but I can't stop supporting my local teams. Plus it's too much fun going to Coors on a cool summer night, having a few beers and just enjoying the atmosphere. Even if the Rockies are losing by 9 runs.

Old
07-09-2012, 03:03 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalancheFan19 View Post
How is that bandwagoning? I'm pretty sure that term means when you start cheering for a winning team out of the blue, hence hopping on the wagon. I understand that abandoning a team might be cowardly and not loyal, but I don't think it classifies as bandwagoning. Don't get me wrong I'll support them forever, but if they made that trade... But I agree with the overall point of your post. Burgundy for life!
Okay, Bandwagoning might not be the proper phrase here. But Abandoning a team because you disagree with the direction is in the same boat as being a bandwagoner. I'm sure if you sat down with a Toronto fan and he asked so you always been an Avs fan eh? Oh no, I used to be a Blackhawks fan but I didn't agree with the direction of the ownership, so I switched teams. He'd look at you like ... What the F?

Old
07-09-2012, 03:05 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FjordToBoard View Post
I hate the Monforts. I despise the decisions they make for the Rockies but I can't stop supporting my local teams. Plus it's too much fun going to Coors on a cool summer night, having a few beers and just enjoying the atmosphere. Even if the Rockies are losing by 9 runs.
People that can stand a baseball game less alone on TV gets my respect.

Old
07-09-2012, 03:13 PM
IceRat
#BallsOnTheTable

Quote:
LOL... Then you're not a loyal hockey fan then.
again your idea of loyalty and mine differ
Quote:
You can't just get up and abandon a team cause you don't like the way their run or the decisions they make.
I can't???!!! ..... I did
Quote:
Think if you stayed a Blackhawks fan, you'd be celebrating a recent championship. You'd be able to brag about Toews, Kane, Keith, etc. Just because a team has a rough stretch you abandon them? Pathetic.
yeah and wouldn't have celebrated in 96/2001
where did I mention abandoning the team because of a rough stretch ... your right, I didn't .... if those were my terms I wouldn't be following the Avalanche now would I

Quote:
I'm sure if you sat down with a Toronto fan and he asked so you always been an Avs fan eh? Oh no, I used to be a Blackhawks fan but I didn't agree with the direction of the ownership, so I switched teams. He'd look at you like ... What the F?
who the "F" cares what a Toronto fan thinks

Quote:
Never starting to watch hockey until after the lockout stopped me from being able to see how good the Avs were back in the day. Just a general question but how good was Adam Foote in his prime? Who would be a comparison that plays today?
spoken like a true bandwaggoner

Old
07-09-2012, 03:15 PM
KodiakArrest
MacWinnin'

Quote:
People that can stand a baseball game less alone on TV gets my respect.
Baseball on TV is a curious thing. If I want to watch a sport on television Baseball is definitely not something i'd enjoy watching. The real benefit of baseball is background fodder when doing other things. It's so slow and plodding, and the game develops so slowly that it is almost like having a group of guys playing Chess or Backgammon in the background.

Old
07-09-2012, 03:25 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRat View Post
again your idea of loyalty and mine differ

I can't???!!! ..... I did

yeah and wouldn't have celebrated in 96/2001
where did I mention abandoning the team because of a rough stretch ... your right, I didn't .... if those were my terms I wouldn't be following the Avalanche now would I

who the "F" cares what a Toronto fan thinks

spoken like a true bandwaggoner
Loyalty would be if you stuck by your Hawks.

You can't justify dumping your team so you resort to smartass comments, nice.

You abandoned your team because you didn't agree with Wirtz, and the Wirtz era was a rough patch for the Hawks, so yeah, you did.

Substitute any fan base who has stood by their team through thick and thin, doesn't matter if he's a leafs fan or not.

That is relevant how? I asked how good Adam Foote was in his prime, I never started watching hockey until after the lockout and my choice was the Avs, I have yet to even consider switching teams despite the lack of success, that isn't bandwagoning whatsoever.

Old
07-09-2012, 03:26 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Baseball on TV is a curious thing. If I want to watch a sport on television Baseball is definitely not something i'd enjoy watching. The real benefit of baseball is background fodder when doing other things. It's so slow and plodding, and the game develops so slowly that it is almost like having a group of guys playing Chess or Backgammon in the background.
I don't hate baseball (just don't care about it), but how can someone stand that?

Old
07-09-2012, 03:29 PM
KodiakArrest
MacWinnin'

Quote:
I don't hate baseball, but how can someone stand that?
It's relaxing. I have no idea why it is relaxing for me. I'm strange I guess.

Old
07-09-2012, 03:55 PM
KodiakArrest
MacWinnin'

We could change this thread around a bit and say who exactly you would trade Duchene for. If you were the front office and you were looking to deal Duchene who would it take to get him.

Old
07-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Rrabb1t

Quote:
We could change this thread around a bit and say who exactly you would trade Duchene for. If you were the front office and you were looking to deal Duchene who would it take to get him.
Erik Karlsson.

Rrabb1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Surprised nobody posted this from yesterdays post.

Read the full thing here...

No offense but why does this jackass need his own thread? It's just advertising for his ridiculous shock routine. We don't give Eklund threads of his own? Can we not give any more attention to this ass clown?

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
No offense but why does this jackass need his own thread? It's just advertising for his ridiculous shock routine. We don't give Eklund threads of his own? Can we not give any more attention to this ass clown?
Well EXCUUUUSSSSEEEE Me.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote