HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ales Hemsky for Kyle Okposo

Old
07-09-2012, 03:08 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Looking at their first 4 seasons in the NHL Okposo has had more injury problems them Hemsky.

Hemskys GP first 5 years

Rookie season : 59 gp (5 games missed due to injury, the rest scratches as he was a rookie)
2nd season : 71 gp (11 games missed due to injury)
3rd season : 81 gp (missed 1 game due to sickness)
4th season : 64 gp (missed 16 games from a shoulder injury)
5th season : 74 gp (missed 7 games due to a knee injury)

Okposo GP first five years :

Rookie season: 65 gp (missed 13 games due to an arm injury, rest scratches)
2nd season : 80 gp (got h1n1 apparently? lol)
3rd season : 38 gp (missed 44 games due to shoulder surgery)
4th season : 79 gp (not sure why he missed 3 games)
5th season : TBD.

Pretty interesting. Both players have injury troubles.

First four years Hemsky 272 GP = 194 points
First four years Okposo 262 GP = 156 points

Obviously the last few seasons haven't been kind to Hemsky and that plays a huge part in determining value but I thought it was interesting to compare.
Okposo had a fluke injury two years ago and missed half the year. Last season he was benched bc Capuano is an idiot. No injury, just healthy scratch. Kyle is much more durable than Hemsky at this point.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
My post was in response to the oilers hating post by Avs44 who obviously was questioning why an Oilers poster had included Hemsky in many of HIS multitude of trade proposals even though the Oilers resigned him at the deadline.

If Hemsky is traded and that is a big IF, he will be traded for the best value the Oilers can and for a return which the Oilers deem is a good fit for them, not what you or any other random hfer say he can be traded for.

Thanks for coming out though.....

BTW Okposo is 24 and a #7 overall.
lol...And my post was refering to the Hemsky for Nino+(who is 19 and #5 overall)

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 05:27 PM
KodiakArrest
MacWinnin'

Seems like Edmonton is just rushing to get Hemsky out the door, lol. Sadly there aren't many teams that are going to be ready to trade for him.

KodiakArrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FjordToBoard View Post
Seems like Edmonton is just rushing to get Hemsky out the door, lol. Sadly there aren't many teams that are going to be ready to trade for him.
Oh they are? Or is it a poster on HF that's trying to get rid of him?

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 05:51 PM
KodiakArrest
MacWinnin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepprey View Post
I mean every team wants to have a guy as fragile as a Fabergé egg in their lineup.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:55 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Oilers say **** no. Near-PPG players are extremely rare. It's much better to roll the dice on Hemsky being healthy than to trade him at a discount for Okposo.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:28 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
lol...And my post was refering to the Hemsky for Nino+(who is 19 and #5 overall)
.......which.I did not post, yet you quoted my post which did not refer to Nino in a Hemsky/Okposo thread. Makes sense.

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:29 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Why the Islanders do this? imagine Hemsky feeding Tavares all game and Ales is power play material.

Why the Oilers do this? Okposo adds some grit to Edmontons top six.

This will get interesting.
Another awful proposal. Well done.

CommonMeans* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:30 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Oilers say **** no. Near-PPG players are extremely rare. It's much better to roll the dice on Hemsky being healthy than to trade him at a discount for Okposo.
Hahahahaha.

CommonMeans* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:37 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepprey View Post
....but, but to some haters,

One oilers poster posts something = consensus opinion of the entire Oilers fanbase.

Old
07-09-2012, 06:49 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
Okposo had a fluke injury two years ago and missed half the year. Last season he was benched bc Capuano is an idiot. No injury, just healthy scratch. Kyle is much more durable than Hemsky at this point.
I hear ya, this hit put Hemsky out for an entire season.

Since recovering from his surgeries he didn't miss any time last year except two games because of a sinus infection or something.

I think Hemskys fragility is a little overblown here, like this post for example.

Quote:
I mean every team wants to have a guy as fragile as a Fabergé egg in their lineup.
I'd like to see how many players could take this hit :

and not miss any time what-so-ever. Especially if they're a "faberge egg"

btw: gotta love Kronwall turtling heavy against Corey Potter

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:50 PM
cpnfantstk

[QUOTE=Jamin;52273371]No its rumoured Lowe gave him a verbal no trade clause for the first year. He truly signed with the team very last minute and it was Lowe not Tambellini doing the negotiations.

Just because 1 poster named la something creates a million Hemsky threads doesnt mean he is on the market. Way to generalize everyone as fanboys too[/QUOTE

If Lowe gave him a verbal NTC then he can consider himself traded.. Lol What's a faberge egg? I thought faberge was a women's fragrance.

Last edited by cpnfantstk: 07-09-2012 at 06:55 PM.
cpnfantstk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:54 PM
KodiakArrest
MacWinnin'

Quote:

One oilers poster posts something = consensus opinion of the entire Oilers fanbase.

I guess you haven't been keep track that every Edm to (insert team here) trade involves Hemsky. The consensus drawn from that is that Edmonton fans are tired of dealing with a guy so fragile he is a detriment to the team. As an Avs fan I know how frustrating that can be. Peter Mueller is a great skill guy and before his injury had all the upside in the world. Returning to the lineup this year he didn't dazzle anyone and had everyone on the edge of their seat wondering when the next concussion that would end his career would come. The same could be said with Hemsky and his injury prone past.

With every post including Hemsky for whichever player said Oilers fan wants it gets a bit more irritating. Throwing your trash into the backyard of someone else and expecting them to throw back gold is asking a bit much.

Old
07-09-2012, 07:01 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Quote:
I guess you haven't been keep track that every Edm to (insert team here) trade involves Hemsky. The consensus drawn from that is that Edmonton fans are tired of dealing with a guy so fragile he is a detriment to the team.
Or perhaps it's because the Oilers drafted Nail Yakupov who is a top6 RW and they already have Jordan Eberle who is also a top 6 rw? I'm not "tired of dealing with a guy so fragile" I don't think he's a "detriment to the team" either.

He's a great asset to have in your organization and has elite level skill.

Quote:

With every post including Hemsky for whichever player said Oilers fan wants it gets a bit more irritating. Throwing your trash into the backyard of someone else and expecting them to throw back gold is asking a bit much.
Before the beginning of last season hemsky was top 10 in PPG since the lockout for RW. and top 40 in PPG league wide since the lockout. TOP 40 and he's garbage!? Top 10 for ALL RIGHT WINGS and he's trash?

So a guy who's mentioned in the same breath as Iginla, Hossa, Kovalchuk, Perry, Martin St.Louis is just junk? Alright man. You're clearly not biased or anything.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:10 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Or perhaps it's because the Oilers drafted Nail Yakupov who is a top6 RW and they already have Jordan Eberle who is also a top 6 rw? I'm not "tired of dealing with a guy so fragile" I don't think he's a "detriment to the team" either.

He's a great asset to have in your organization and has elite level skill.

Before the beginning of last season hemsky was top 10 in PPG since the lockout for RW. and top 40 in PPG league wide since the lockout. TOP 40 and he's garbage!? Top 10 for ALL RIGHT WINGS and he's trash?

So a guy who's mentioned in the same breath as Iginla, Hossa, Kovalchuk, Perry, Martin St.Louis is just junk? Alright man. You're clearly not biased or anything.

Why do fans,knowing Wang's tight budget,think the isles would want to pay the oft injured Hemsky $5m per?

Why not shop him to teams with deep pockets,willing to gamble that his injuries are behind him?

And please,don't use the 'he and Tavares would be great together' line.The much cheaper Moulson and Okposo,have shown that they have strong chemistry with Tavares.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:15 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
I guess you haven't been keep track that every Edm to (insert team here) trade involves Hemsky. The consensus drawn from that is that Edmonton fans are tired of dealing with a guy so fragile he is a detriment to the team. As an Avs fan I know how frustrating that can be. Peter Mueller is a great skill guy and before his injury had all the upside in the world. Returning to the lineup this year he didn't dazzle anyone and had everyone on the edge of their seat wondering when the next concussion that would end his career would come. The same could be said with Hemsky and his injury prone past.

No go back and look up who is the OP in the recent threads involving Hemsky trades. See if there is a pattern there.
I would expect the majority of Oilers fans would like myself hope Ales stays and could make a successful transition to the left side. If he is moved out it is because of the depth we have at RW in terms of top 6 guys. Eberle and Yakupov from an age perspective are a better fit going forward than Ales. However if Ales can play LW then I am backing him to put up some serious points on a line with Yakupov. Hemsky as the set up man and Yak pulling the trigger is something many Oiler fans are excited about.
Ales when injured previously likely came back too early, not fully healed because he was the main man offensively. Now he has had his shoulders repaired and been given the time to recover he feels better and is probably the strongest he has been in years.

Old
07-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:

Yeah, I don't think you get the point we are making here. You are generalizing the whole fanbase for trying to get rid of Hemsky, when in reality it's ONE HF poster that has been making these proposals. lol.

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Frantic Fanatic

Quote:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1221419

So all the Oilers fan in this pretty recent thread posting potential trades concerning Hemsky are alts for lakai17?

Frantic Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Rocket of Russia
Defender of Tang

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
No way Edmonton does this. Okposo has been injury prone and has yet to do anything impressive. in the NHL.
It just wouldn't be an Oilers trade proposal thread without you shooting down any trade where the Oilers give up more than table scraps for Sidney Crosby. You've got one of the more unrealistic viewpoints of fair value for Oilers players.

Rocket of Russia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:19 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Why do fans,knowing Wang's tight budget,think the isles would want to pay the oft injured Hemsky $5m per?

Why not shop him to teams with deep pockets,willing to gamble that his injuries are behind him?

And please,don't use the 'he and Tavares would be great together' line.The much cheaper Moulson and Okposo,have shown that they have strong chemistry with Tavares.
Because its an elite level player who is only being paid 5 million. And IF he gets hurt, its 5 million off the cap, but Wang will have that contract insured (usually for 75% of the total value), so he will be reimbursed if Hemsky misses extended periods of time, while still having the cap hit. Less money out for Wang is a good thing in his eyes.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 10:22 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frantic Fanatic View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1221419

So all the Oilers fan in this pretty recent thread posting potential trades concerning Hemsky are alts for lakai17?
We're open to trading him if it gets us a needed piece. That's certainly not what is being suggested here though. Shopping a player is not the same as using a depth piece (as we have 3 top 6 rw's) to shore up a weak area (defense).

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Frantic Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
We're open to trading him if it gets us a needed piece. That's certainly not what is being suggested here though. Shopping a player is not the same as using a depth piece (as we have 3 top 6 rw's) to shore up a weak area (defense).
Then just keep him since his value is very low now.

Hemsky for Gonchar?

Frantic Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Would the Isles consider something around Hemsky for Nino +?
Pretty brutal for the Islanders. Why sell Nino so low. Also I don't think they would be adding

Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Since recovering from his surgeries he didn't miss any time last year except two games because of a sinus infection or something.
Yeah but last year doesn't count, Hemsky is herp soft and derp an injury waiting to happen don't you know

Seriously other than the two shoulder injury seasons, he missed just over 10 games on average due to injuries a year. The league average for games missed per season? 10. Hemsky's health is a concern, but it's not even close to the issue HF makes it out to be.

To the op, **** no Hemsky is the much better player.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Renbarg

If and when Hemsky gets moved I think Oil fans will be in for a shock as far as his actual value.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote