HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Superfeet footbeds, anyone use them?

Old
07-08-2012, 11:36 PM
PaperworkNinja

vCash: 500
Well, I skated again with the Superfeet insoles for the third time on Saturday. Less back pain (now it's due to weak muscles instead of posture) and no foot pain in the arch area. Three skate sessions is all it took to break them in. Wow.

I'm sold on them. If I ever get new skates, I'm getting a pair of Superfeet ASAP.

PaperworkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:55 AM
ganave

I tend to over pronate as well. I bought a new pair of Bauer One60 goalie skates and had arch/ankle pain (went to the LHS and bought them there, so the fit was good. Tried on several brands sizes).

It didn't go away after 6 skates, so I bought a pair of blue superfeet from REI to replace the stock insoles after reading reviews about superfeet on the boards. It was pretty amazing how much of a difference it immediately made. I wasn't able to easily find a pair of the yellow ones locally.

ganave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

I had intense pain with flat feet but the yellow superfeet inserts eliminated that.
Waxed laces to keep my skates tight helped as well.

Night and day. I was on the phone with a foot doctor until I decided to use the Superfeet; getting orthotics was unnecessary afterwards.

Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 03:02 PM
lilphill23

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayman View Post
How exactly are these better then the stock footbeds in say my CCMU+12's? Using these, will my skates be too tight if they fit "just right" now? Thanks for any input!
These are alot different than the stock inserts in most skates. go to this site and you can see the diffference.

http://www.superfeet.com/products/Yellow.aspx

lilphill23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 05:52 PM
clayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilphill23 View Post
These are alot different than the stock inserts in most skates. go to this site and you can see the diffference.

http://www.superfeet.com/products/Yellow.aspx
Thanks for the link! My question would be do they take up anymore space in your skate then the stocker? If so, how much? Will it affect the fit?

clayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:35 PM
ganave

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayman View Post
Thanks for the link! My question would be do they take up anymore space in your skate then the stocker? If so, how much? Will it affect the fit?
I found the blue superfeet (low volume ones) to be about the same thickness as the insoles in my Bauer60s. The yellow one is low volume as well.

ganave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:54 PM
clayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganave View Post
I found the blue superfeet (low volume ones) to be about the same thickness as the insoles in my Bauer60s. The yellow one is low volume as well.
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know!

clayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 06:53 AM
Man Bear Pig

Went to purchase the yellow one's a few days ago, very disappointed that I drove to the mall to find out they don't even carry them after advertising them on their site. They carried all of them except the yellow one's which are the one's I need. I'm looking forward to seeing how much of a difference they can make.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 09:07 AM
AIREAYE

Some stores carry their yellow ones in the hockey (skates) section and their other ones in footwear.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 09:34 AM
PaperworkNinja

After using them for about two months now I can say there's a little pain in my feet during skating drills, but none during any scrimmages. I think the pain in my feet is just part of the process of getting them warmed up.

PaperworkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote