HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo - Colorado

Old
07-09-2012, 06:34 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

vCash: 500
I don't see why either team does this. The Sabres are giving up WAY too much for potential, but the Avalanche know they might have a 20 year old #1 center in the making and trading him could really come back to haunt them.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Ceremony
There is Only You

vCash: 18974
No reason to trade Duchene, regardless of what is coming in the opposite direction. Pass.

Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:43 PM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I think it's fairly close when it comes to the importence of a #1 center and a #1 defender. Especially if they have not quite gotten there yet but look to have solid potential.

Weber is worth more than Duchene

Giroux is worth more than Myers..

Duchene & Myers are fairly close in value beyond our own fan bias..
And it's not like the Avs don't have a deep pool of D prospects. I'd rather keep all 3 of Duchene/Stastny/RoR and seeing how Seimens/Gaunce/Elliott/Barrie/Wilson* develop.

*I think with a few more years of experience, he could be a solid second pairing guy.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:43 PM
5 Minute Major

Buffalo and Colorado seem to have what each other wants but I think we can see that sometimes it is just too difficult to make a deal of this magnitude.

5 Minute Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Its a decent offer, but the Avs pass. And if were moving Duchene to Buffalo Myers would have to be coming back.
Agreed, any Duchene proposal has to start with Meyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
Duchene, unfortunately for you guys, is our most untouchable player, probably. His ceiling is way too high.
Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Landeskog and Johnson are more untouchable in my opinion.
Agree, I'd also put ROR in that category.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Counter..

Stastny
Jones

for

Marcus Foligno
Zemgus Girgensons
Brayden McNabb

And Colorado can take a cap dump if need be. (In fact we would probably have to find some salary somewhere.)

Unfortunately for everyone we have lots of untouchable players, Landeskog, Duchene, EJ, O'Reilly & Varly and probably in that order as it stands right now based on talent and position.

No thanks, wouldn't mind Stastny but if we lose those 3 we lose all our gritty skilled guys.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:10 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
No thanks, wouldn't mind Stastny but if we lose those 3 we lose all our gritty skilled guys.
Totally get it..

I just think Colorado might be better off in the end if we did something like that. I think making the playoffs in 2010 hurt us quite a bit.. We should have at least one more solid piece on this team already or at least getting ready to make the team.

Although that probably hurts more because of the year Hishon has missed.

I think drafting in the top 10 one more year would help, because we are not going to get the pieces we need to fill the holes we have left on our roster without trading someone we don't want to part with.

I like what Buff did this off-season. Last year not so much but getting two high end forwards out of the first round makes your teams future look a lot brighter.

Colorado is going to be right on the edge again but not good enough to contend and not bad enough to get a top 10 prospect out of the draft.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

As an Avs fan I would do it.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:25 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Totally get it..

I just think Colorado might be better off in the end if we did something like that. I think making the playoffs in 2010 hurt us quite a bit.. We should have at least one more solid piece on this team already or at least getting ready to make the team.

I think drafting in the top 10 one more year would help, because we are not going to get the pieces we need to fill the holes we have left on our roster without trading someone we don't want to part with.

I like what Buff did this off-season. Last year not so much but getting two high end forwards out of the first round makes your teams future look a lot brighter.

Colorado is going to be right on the edge again but not good enough to contend and not bad enough to get a top 10 prospect out of the draft.
Don't worry, we know how that feels. tbh, I think it was a gift from the hockey gods that Grigorenko fell to us for whatever reason.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:45 PM
NHL33*

I'd still prefer moving Duchene for a top pairing defenseman, or a player on the cusp of becoming one, but otherwise done.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Totally get it..

Hey you're talking to a fan whose team climbed out of the basement 2 years in a row only to acquire a mid first rounder... It sucks.

Although, the picks turned out nicely.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:34 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Hey you're talking to a fan whose team climbed out of the basement 2 years in a row only to acquire a mid first rounder... It sucks.

Although, the picks turned out nicely.
Yeah 2010 turned out well enough for us as well with Landeskog & Siemens, D. Siemens was just one of the youngest draft eligible players in his draft year. It's weird to think that he could either go to the AHL or back to Junior still.

I am selfish though..

We still don't have a franchise worthy RW.. We have a LW, 3 Centers, 1 Defender and a Goalie that are young enough to be franchise players.

I NEED MORE! I want 2 Defenders and a LW AND RW!

How about Armia, McNabb & Girgensons for Stastny? Then we get to tank one more year and be done with it.

Old
07-09-2012, 08:41 PM
AvsFanRCN

Why you guys keep asking for McNabb is beyond me...After the Hishon hit the only reason I would take him is to make sure his professional hockey career is over.

AvsFanRCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Havok89

I can't see Buffalo paying what Avs fans want for Stastny. They're bringing in a new core, they can't afford to trade three very promising prospects who has declined over the years.

As for the OP, I can't see either team doing it.

Havok89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 08:46 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Yeah 2010 turned out well enough for us as well with Landeskog & Siemens, D. Siemens was just one of the youngest draft eligible players in his draft year. It's weird to think that he could either go to the AHL or back to Junior still.

I am selfish though..

We still don't have a franchise worthy RW.. We have a LW, 3 Centers, 1 Defender and a Goalie that are young enough to be franchise players.

I NEED MORE! I want 2 Defenders and a LW AND RW!

How about Armia, McNabb & Girgensons for Stastny? Then we get to tank one more year and be done with it.
Way too much for Statsny from Buffalo's POV (or maybe just many of the kind of pieces Buffalo can't afford to move). We need to keep our top-end prospects (unless we're just swapping them for other top-prospects a la Kassian for Hodgson). McNabb and Girgensons have exactly the kind of skill set we need more of (ie: skilled but big and tough), and Armia likely replaces Vanek...except he'll be a better skater and puck handler, from what I've seen.

Old
07-09-2012, 08:52 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Way too much for Statsny from Buffalo's POV (or maybe just many of the kind of pieces Buffalo can't afford to move). We need to keep our top-end prospects (unless we're just swapping them for other top-prospects a la Kassian for Hodgson). McNabb and Girgensons have exactly the kind of skill set we need more of (ie: skilled but big and tough), and Armia likely replaces Vanek...except he'll be a better skater and puck handler, from what I've seen.
What if I added Barrie? You guys have a lot of LH-D right? I would imagine a right handed puck mover probably would be useful.

Old
07-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
What if I added Barrie? You guys have a lot of LH-D right? I would imagine a right handed puck mover probably would be useful.
The Avs wouldn't even do the initial trade, I have no idea why you offered two of our proven assets for prospects, let alone one of them being the one that nearly ended Hishon's hockey career.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:05 PM
lifeisruff

Am I the only sabres fan who thinks that we don't need a center that badly. We have Ennis and Hodgson and possibly Grigorenko here this year, three young talented centers with top six ability. Then we have Ott who has played center, Leino whom we signed to play center, and Adam and Sundher in the minors. Not to mention Girgensons who could be read as soon as next year. We could use a veteran like Cullen or Arnott to play with the kids, but only on a rental bases.

Last edited by lifeisruff: 07-09-2012 at 09:14 PM.
lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:11 PM
danmcn12
#freeRedmond

I would do it. Hejda would have to be sent for cap and roster space. Gives Avs a great scoring winger to play with Stazz, solid #2 for EJ, and Adams allows RoR to step up into the #2 role. Honestly I'd doubt Buffalo would do it. Vanek is not old. I don't expect Duchene being much better then Vanek in his prime either.

danmcn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:13 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
The Avs wouldn't even do the initial trade, I have no idea why you offered two of our proven assets for prospects, let alone one of them being the one that nearly ended Hishon's hockey career.
Love hate relationship with McNabb really.. Hate that he set our rebuild back with the hit on Hishon but love his game. That's all..

And if you read anything else I posted prior.. It's based on the fact that I still think we need at least one more high draft pick to really be done rebuilding. And Jones is a boarder line 2nd/3rd line tweener without Stastny you and I both know that.. Hes more valuable moved with Stastny than kept..

Where exactly do you see either a partner for EJ or a top line winger coming from? You may get one of them by trading one of our centers but the only way you even come close to getting both is if you take a risk on a couple strong prospects.

At least that's the premise of my thinking.. We don't have the quality of defense or the wing prospects in the pipe to fill either of those holes and only one of those holes is going to be filled by a proven player if we make a trade.

That is one of the reasons I like the idea of trading Downie to Phoenix for Gormley (If they lose Doan). Yeah that leaves us relying on Hejduk to be a top 6/9 caliber RW but.. Options are limited..

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 07-09-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old
07-09-2012, 09:18 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Well, we have Myers on the team and Gauthier-Leduc and Pysyk in the pipeline, so we have enough right handed puck movers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanRCN View Post
Why you guys keep asking for McNabb is beyond me...After the Hishon hit the only reason I would take him is to make sure his professional hockey career is over.
I don't understand why Avs fans are still pissy about this.
If it wasn't McNabb that delivered that hit, it would have been someone else.
You can't skate through the middle of the ice with your head down and not expect to be destroyed, especially if you're undersized like Hishon.

Sorry that it happened, but attempting that is just asking for trouble.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:21 PM
danmcn12
#freeRedmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post

You can't skate through the middle of the ice with your head down and not expect to be destroyed, especially if you're undersized like Hishon.

His head wasn't down, nor was he destroyed. He was elbowed and didn't even fall.

danmcn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:22 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Well, we have Myers on the team and Gauthier-Leduc and Pysyk in the pipeline, so we have enough right handed puck movers.

Because to my knowledge it was an elbow.. NOT a clean hit

I am not stuck on that all that much but I can see why some people are. It really did set us back quite a bit because Hishon should of been fighting for a roster spot last season.

Old
07-09-2012, 09:34 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

This is how I see it, if Duchene is going to be include then Myers HAS to be coming back the other way from our viewpoint.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 09:37 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Our prospect pool is actually good on RHD right now with Pysyk and Gauthier-Leduc, though our roster is definitely LHD-heavy right now. Armia is one of 2 blue chip forward prospects we have. The kid is just a natural scorer. I don't think there's a realistic trade in which we could move him and become a better team 3-4 years down the road, which is probably when we're looking to become a real cup contender.